Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,110 members, 7,916,234 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:34 PM

What Would Make You Change Your Religion? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would Make You Change Your Religion? (16857 Views)

How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church / Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by ckkris: 7:33am On Mar 19, 2013
udatso:
Pls engage me...av been looking for ur type..inshaAllah I will not only tackle ur points properly, I wil also point out inconsistencies in your christianity too...try me

This is interesting. Its me that will answer you, if nairaland will not hide my posts. Please bring on all you know that can point out inconsistencies in christianity. You wil also be ready to receive just half as much as you give.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by ckkris: 11:00am On Mar 19, 2013
udatso:
Yeh, jst like abraham, moses, jacob, joseph and so many other prophets were the way, the truth and life at their periods
The WORD OF GOD, Jesus of Nazareth, The Messiah, came to Abraham, Genesis 15:4, as also in the Koran, Sura 3:45.
Neither Abraham, Isaac, nor Moses ever claimed to be The Messiah, who is WORD OF GOD, The only WAY to reconcile sin-prone mankind to Himself, a righteous and holy GOD.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by ckkris: 11:20am On Mar 19, 2013
udatso:
Talking about him being obedient till the point of death...
It is assumed that such a person whom you claim is divine knows his purpose of coming to earth which is to die for your sins. If he knew of this y did he pray begging God to b rescued. Does God pray?
JESUS PRAYS FOR RESCUE
". . . and began to be sorrowful and very
depressed. Then saith he unto them,
‘my soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even
unto death' . . ."
"And he went a little further, and fell on
his face, and prayed, saying, "O my
Father, if it be possible, let this cup
pass from me; nevertheless, not as I
will, but as thou wilt."
(This is the quality of a good Muslim who
submits his will to the will of God).
Matthew 26: 37-39
"And being in an agony, he prayed more
earnestly;
and his sweat was, as it were, great
drops of blood falling down to the
ground. Luke 22:44
He even was sad that he was going to die "elai elai lama sabachtani" lord, lord, why has thou forsaken me....."...u need real bible study my brother
Please kindly cite the Scripture verse, 'about why has thou forsaken me'. I want to respond to that VERY IMPORTANT SCRIPTURE.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by udatso: 2:40pm On Mar 19, 2013
ckkris:
Please kindly cite the Scripture verse, 'about why has thou forsaken me'. I want to respond to that VERY IMPORTANT SCRIPTURE.
Mathew 27:46..waiting for your reply soonest
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by ckkris: 3:13pm On Mar 19, 2013
udatso:
Mathew 27:46..waiting for your reply soonest

Thank you Sir,
This prayer in Matthew 27:46 is a wonderful fulfillment of Psalm 22, where Jesus declared 'they pierced my hands and my feet'. This is very important because King David, the writer of Psalm 22, was not at any time nailed to a cross, but like Abraham before him, saw The Messiah on THE CROSS, bearing the sin of all mankind, as Prophet Isaiah also saw, and described graphically in Isaiah 53.
You see, there are hundreds of Scriptures in the Old Testament that gave out the full description of THE MESSIAH, and Jesus of Nazareth fulfilled every one of these Scriptures.
See also Koran Suras 21:9; 43:61; 3:48; 19:34
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by udatso: 3:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
ckkris:

This is interesting. Its me that will answer you, if nairaland will not hide my posts. Please bring on all you know that can point out inconsistencies in christianity. You wil also be ready to receive just half as much as you give.
How will the world end.’
Hypothesis - Some may be right, some may
be wrong. But either the world will perish or
the world will live forever. Both cannot take
place simultaneously. But
this is exactly what the Bible says. It is
mentioned in the Bible, in the book of
Hebrews1:10- 11, and
the book of Psalms102:25
and 26, that…‘Almighty God created the
Heavens and the Earth, and they will perish.’
Exactly opposite is mentioned in Ecclesiastics1:4, and the
book of Psalms78:69,
that… ‘The earth will abide forever.
- Both cannot take place. The world cannot
abide forever as well as perish. If a book of God can contradict itself like this, how can you be sure of all other verses?
2.There were 245 singing men and women.’ Were they 200 - or were they 245 singing men and women? Context is the same - A
mathematical contradiction. It is mentioned
in the 2nd Kings24: 8, that…‘Jehoiachin was 18 years old, when he began to reign Jerusalem, and he reigned for 3 months and 10 days. 2nd Chronicles36: 9, says that…‘Jehoiachin was 8 years old when he began to reign and he reigned for 3 months, 10 days. Was Jehoiachin 18 years when he began to reign, or was he 8 years old? Did he reign for 3
months, or did he reign for 3 months 10
days?
3.it is mentioned in the 1st
Kings7:26, that…‘In Solomon’s temple, in his molten sea, he had 2000 baths. In 2nd Chronicles 4: 5, he had 3000 baths. Did he have 2000 baths or did he have 3000 baths? –clear cut mathematical contradiction. If these bible writers were inspired by God, are you telling me God doesn't know maths(na'uzubillah)
4 it is mentioned in the 1stKings 15:33, that… ‘Basha, he died in the 26th year of reign of Asa.’ And 2nd Chronicles16:1, says
that…‘Basha invaded Judah in the 36th years of the reign of Asa.’ How can Basha invade 10 years after his death? - everybody knows this is not possible...
I have more countless of similar clear cut contradictions like this but I wait for your reply before I add more
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by udatso: 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2013
ckkris:

Thank you Sir,
This prayer in Matthew 27:46 is a wonderful fulfillment of Psalm 22, where Jesus declared 'they pierced my hands and my feet'. This is very important because King David, the writer of Psalm 22, was not at any time nailed to a cross, but like Abraham before him, saw The Messiah on THE CROSS, bearing the sin of all mankind, as Prophet Isaiah also saw, and described graphically in Isaiah 53.
You see, there are hundreds of Scriptures in the Old Testament that gave out the full description of THE MESSIAH, and Jesus of Nazareth fulfilled every one of these Scriptures.
See also Koran Suras 21:9; 43:61; 3:48; 19:34
What's this bla bla u are talking..mayb u didn't read my post earlier..all am saying is that he knew he was going to die for our sins, why was he praying for help? Isn't that showing he wasn't willing? Let me repost it again
It is assumed that such a person whom
you claim is divine knows his purpose of
coming to earth which is to die for your
sins. If he knew of this y did he pray
begging God to b rescued. Does God
pray?
JESUS PRAYS FOR RESCUE
unto death' . . ."
will, but as thou wilt."
earnestly;
He even was sad that he was going to
die "elai elai lama sabachtani" lord, lord,
why has thou forsaken me.....".mathew 27:46
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by ckkris: 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
These can be discussed one by one/
If we agree that Jesus of Nazareth is indeed THE WORD OF GOD, then progress is easy.
Do you accept, based on Scriptutres, that Jesus is eternal Word of God?
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by udatso: 5:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
ckkris: These can be discussed one by one/
If we agree that Jesus of Nazareth is indeed THE WORD OF GOD, then progress is easy.
Do you accept, based on Scriptutres, that Jesus is eternal Word of God?
According to the bible, the WORD is GOD. Are you by chance asking me to become a christian just to reply me? Is that what your pastor(s) taught you?
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
gen2briz:

Try and check Matthew 15:24 and see that jesus is a prophet send only (I mean only) to the lost sheep of Israel and not the whole world.
God bless u.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
ckkris:

I thought Mohammed was the 1st moslem, and Jesus was 500 years before.
Will this post be hidden if I cite the Koran for this?
mohammad was not the first muslim.... its only God that know the first muslim... reason is that adam is not God first creation and mind u ... everything that God created worship him. including fish, tree, wate and birds.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by ckkris: 10:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
udatso:
According to the bible, the WORD is GOD. Are you by chance asking me to become a christian just to reply me? Is that what your pastor(s) taught you?
As stated above, the Koran Sura 3:45 agrees that Jesus is THE WORD OF GOD. Now,if your Scripture and mine both declare Jesus as THE WORD OF GOD, it seems a neutral starting point for more discussions.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by udatso: 12:11am On Mar 20, 2013
ckkris:
As stated above, the Koran Sura 3:45 agrees that Jesus is THE WORD OF GOD. Now,if your Scripture and mine both declare Jesus as THE WORD OF GOD, it seems a neutral starting point for more discussions.
JESUS (PBUH) "IS A WORD FROM
ALLAH" NOT "THE WORD OF ALLAH"
The Qur’an mentions in Surah Ali ‘Imran
Chapter 3 verse 45
"Behold! The angels said: O Mary! Allah
giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from
Him: his name will be Christ Jesus. The son
of Mary, held in honour in this world and
the Hereafter and of (the company of) those
Nearest to Allah.
[Al-Qur’an 3:45]
Jesus (pbuh) is referred in the Qur’an as a
word from Allah and not as ‘the word of
Allah’.
"A word" of Allah means a message of Allah.
If a person is referred to as "a word" from
Allah, it means that he is a Messenger or a
Prophet of Allah.
THE TITLE OF A PROPHET (PBUH)
DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT EXCLUSIVELY
BELONGS TO THAT PROPHET (PBUH)
Different titles are given to different
prophets (pbut). Whenever a title is given
to a prophet (pbuh), it does not necessarily
mean that the other prophets do not have
the same characteristic or quality. For e.g.
Prophet Abraham (pbuh) is referred to in
the Qur’an as Khaleelullah, a friend of Allah.
This does not indicate that all the other
Prophets (pbuh) were not the friends of
Allah. Prophet Moses (pbuh) is referred to in
the Qur’an as Kaleemullah, indicating that
God spoke to him. This does not mean that
God did not speak to others. Similarly when
Jesus (pbuh) is referred to in the Qur’an as
Kalimatullah, "a word from Allah", it does
not mean that the other Prophets were not
"the word," of Allah.
JOHN THE BAPTIST (PBUH) IS ALSO
CALLED "A WORD" FROM ALLAH
Yahya (pbuh) i.e. John the Baptist (pbuh) is
also referred to in the Qur’an as
Kalimatullah so its not unique to him alone like I saidi.e. a word from Allah in Surah Ali
‘Imran, Chapter 3, verses 38-39
"There did Zakariya Pray to his Lord,
saying: "O my Lord! Grant unto me from
Thee a progeny that is pure: for Thou art He
that heareth prayer!
While he was standing in prayer in the
chamber, the angels called unto him: "Allah
doth give thee glad tidings of Yahya,
witnessing the truth of a Word from Allah,
and (be besides) noble, chaste, and a
Prophet – of the (goodly) company of the
righteous."
[Al-Qur’an 3:39] please remember the difference again, its kalimatu minhu (word from Him) and not kalimat
uhu(His word) as stated in the verse you quoted.
So now you see my brother" there is difference between six and half a dozen not to talk of "word of God" and "word from God"..please read the translation again and honestly tell me its word of God.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by larrymoore(m): 12:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
Following..... Strictly
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by ckkris: 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
larrymoore: Following..... Strictly

Udatso has established a fact: that in Sura 3:45 Jesus is, not only a word or message of God, but also THE CHRIST.
Sura 21:9 says that JESUS IS A SIGN TO MANKIND.

No other prophet is THE CHRIST in the Koran and the Bible.
Now what are the attributes of THE CHRIST, or El Maschiack in Hebrew.

Isaiah 53 showed clearly how His body would be buried with the rich, as His Soul was made a sacrifice for sin.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by ckkris: 2:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
As anyone can claim to be a prophet, hear from God, and some fiends even say they are THE CHRIST, all Old Testament prophets gave HUNDREDS OF PROPHECIES about the true identity of THE MESSIAH, and Jesus of Nazareth fulfilled ALL those prophecies.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by udatso: 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
ckkris:

Udatso has established a fact: that in Sura 3:45 Jesus is, not only a word or message of God, but also THE CHRIST.
Sura 21:9 says that JESUS IS A SIGN TO MANKIND.

No other prophet is THE CHRIST in the Koran and the Bible.
Now what are the attributes of THE CHRIST, or El Maschiack in Hebrew.

Isaiah 53 showed clearly how His body would be buried with the rich, as His Soul was made a sacrifice for sin.
Why do u always try to deviate from the topic at hand. If u are a true christian you must believe in evvry word in the bible...I gave you several verses that jesus wasn't crucified and wasn't willing to die for our sins as he was praying to be rescued from death. The fact that you are bringing other verses that he completed the prophecy is a contradiction which would put the authenticity of the book of God in doubt as God can't make a mistake..
u talking about sign, yes and so what..in the quran, there are many signs, all prophets are signs of Allah, the miracles they performed are signs of Allah just like quran 5:3"On that account: We ordained for
the Children of Israel that if any one slew a
person - unless it be for murder or for
spreading mischief in the land - it would be
as if he slew the whole people: and if any one
saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life
of the whole people. Then although there
came to them Our messengers with clear
signs, yet, even after that, many of them
continued to commit excesses in the land." Y do u limit it to jesus alone? What exactly are u trying to prove by saying he is the sign...is it a unique tittle like masih(messiah)?
The funniest part is that u are saying I admit that jesus is christ like I was denying it before. Any muslim who doesn't believe isa(pbuh) is the christ isn't a muslim. For your information, evry knowledgeable christain knows that jesus is also called (almasih) messiah translated christ. But does christ mean one who will die for our sins and be God? Yes, that's christian point of view. That christ meaning the spiritual saviour. But NO in islam. This title is unique to him as he is the only prophet in islam that will save the muslims from antichrist.
Islamic tradition holds that Jesus, the son of
Mary, was the promised Prophet and Masih
(Messiah) sent to the Israelites, and that he
will again return to Earth at the end of times and he will defeat Masih ad-Dajjal, the "false Messiah" or Antichrist..
Now I gave u som verses to attend to if jesus is really dies for our sins and you have refused to answer them, I wil keep posting them till you answer.
..all am saying is
that he knew he was going to die for our sins,
WHY WAS HE PRAYING FOR HELP To BE SAVED FROM DEATH?ISN'T THAT SHOWING HE WASN'T WILLING TO DIE.
It is assumed that such a person whom
you claim is divine knows his purpose of
coming to earth which is to die for your
sins. If he knew of this y did he pray
begging God to b rescued. Does God
pray?
JESUS PRAYS FOR RESCUE
unto death' . . ."
will, but as thou wilt."
earnestly;
He even was sad that he was going to
die "elai elai lama sabachtani" lord, lord,
why has thou forsaken me.....".mathew 27:46
Please answer these simple questions and stp twisting it here and there. Tank u
As for ur isiah 53, I wil attend to it shortly afta u av attended 2 mine
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by ckkris: 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2013
@udatso

Please, why do you vigorously accept the prayer of JESUS ON THE CROSS, Matthew 27:46, and hesitate to see that this particular prayer is the fulfillment of Psalm 22, authored by King David, who was never nailed to a cross.
Its also not possible to separate Psalm 22 from Isaiah 53:9, where Prophet Isaiah foretold how THE MESSIAH would be buried in a rich man's tomb, which is also fulfilled in Matthew 27:57-61.
I will soon begin to include many HALLELUJAH.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by udatso: 6:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
ckkris: @udatso

Please, why do you vigorously accept the prayer of JESUS ON THE CROSS, Matthew 27:46, and hesitate to see that this particular prayer is the fulfillment of Psalm 22, authored by King David, who was never nailed to a cross.
Its also not possible to separate Psalm 22 from Isaiah 53:9, where Prophet Isaiah foretold how THE MESSIAH would be buried in a rich man's tomb, which is also fulfilled in Matthew 27:57-61.
For the sake of argument let's say u are ryt but I wil com bak to it later, hw about the oda verses
unto death' . . ."
will, but as thou wilt."
earnestly;
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by ckkris: 7:00pm On Mar 20, 2013
udatso:
For the sake of argument let's say u are ryt but I wil com bak to it later, hw about the oda verses
unto death' . . ."
will, but as thou wilt."
earnestly;

Please bear it in mind Sir, that I have nothing to gain in trying to win an argument. I will only state the facts as they are in the Scriptures, both yours and mine.
I will respond to the 'THY WILL BE DONE PRAYERS' that Jesus taught mankind.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by udatso: 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2013
ckkris: @udatso

In psalm91, the prophecy says he wil pray and he will be heard, it also says no harm wil befall him? Are these prophecies fulfilled? Also there are also two errors in the fulfillment of this Prophecy:
1. Jesus was never buried
(Matthew 27:59-66, Matthew 28
)! He was temporarily placed in a tomb and
then his body disappeared after that.
But he never ONCE was buried under ground as our dead get buried.
2. Jesus, who was never buried from the first
place, was also NEVER BURIED with the wicked and the rich. His tomb was placed in an isolated area as recorded in the gospels.
Again, verse 9 says that he was to be buried with both the wicked and the rich. Jesus was
buried alone.
-
In Isaiah 53:10-11, GOD Almighty will prolong Jesus' life and Jesus will live to even see his offspring (his children)! And Christ will see the Light and be satisfied after the suffering of his soul. The suffering of his
soul here is referring to the overwhelming fear that Jesus had and the countless cries
and Prayers that he made to Allah Almighty to save him. Psalm 91 further speaks clearly
on this. Also, Jesus' life was never made long or extended.He only lived for 33 years, so
we're told in the gospels, and he certainly never married any woman nor had any child from any woman. Yet, Isaiah 53:10
clearly says that he will live and he will have and see hischildren.
Please I want to knw how are all these prophecies fulfilled as we know he never had children, prayed and wasn't heard like I have gvn you the verses, no harm would come to him but it did.
My dear brother, we are talkn about salvation here of numerous people in the world believn in a story with so much ambiguity here. In my nxt post I will give you the contradictions in this case of crucifixion
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by udatso: 8:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
1.What did the inscription on Jesus' cross
say?
John 19:19
19 Pilate had a notice prepared and fastened
to the cross. It reads: JESUS OF NAZARETH,
THE KING OF THE JEWS.
Matthew 27:37
37 Above his head they placed the written
charge against him: THIS IS JESUS, THE
KING OF THE JEWS.
Luke 23:38
38 There was a written notice above him,
which reads: THIS IS THE KING OF THE
JEWS.
Mark 15:26
26 The written notice of the charge against
him read: THE KING OF THE JEWS.
You know, there was only one cross, and
not ten, for Jesus! Yet, the gospels can't
even get the inscription quoted correctly.
Can you honestly tell me what the exact
quote was? Because all four are way off from
each others, especially the one in John
19:19.
2.Was there an earthquake when Jesus
died or not, and did many of the dead
resurrect or not?
Matthew 27:51-53
51 At that moment the curtain of the temple
was torn in two from top to bottom. The
earth shook and the rocks split.
52 The tombs broke open and the bodies of
many holy people who had died were
raised to life.
53 They came out of the tombs, and after
Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy
city and appeared to many people.
You would expect that such monumental
event be recorded not only all over the New
Testament, but also in 100s of books
throughout history, since it would've been
witnessed by thousands and told by
thousands. Yet, not only the gospels of Mark,
Luke and John are virtually silent about (no
earthquakes and no resurrections of dead
bodies), but so are the history books! No
testimonies and no recordings of anything of this sort.
3.While on the cross, did Jesus accept the
drink or refuse it? And what was the
drink??
Like I mentioned above, Christians boast
about how detailed their Bible is. Yet, the
Bible that they boast about is too confused,
too confusing, too erroneous, and too off in
its accounts, so much that one can not
get an honest and accurate account
about any event! So after all, this big book
that is called the Bible is no more than a pile
of man-made corruption and hoaxes.
With this said, let us now examine the
following confusing and erroneous hoax
about Jesus, the drink, and what drink did he
have:
Mark 15:23
23 And they gave him to drink wine
mingled with myrrh: but he received it
not.
Matthew 27:48-50
48 And straightway one of them ran, and
took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and
put it on a reed, and gave him to drink.
49 The rest said, Let be, let us see whether
Elias will come to save him.
50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a
loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
Luke 23:36-38
36 And the soldiers also mocked him, coming
to him, and offering him vinegar,
37 And saying, If thou be the king of the
Jews, save thyself.
38 And a superscription also was written over
him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and
Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
John 19:29-30
29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar:
and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and
put it upon hyssop, and put it to his
mouth.
30 When Jesus therefore had received the
vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed
his head, and gave up the ghost.
There are lots of errors and contradictions in
these verses:
1-
We do not know whether the drink was wine
or vinegar. If Jesus was offered apple juice,
then don't tell me it was orange juice!
Vinegar is not wine and a wine is not
vinegar! They are not the same.
2-
Mark 15:23 directly clashes with John
19:29-30 about whether or not Jesus
accepted the drink (whatever that drink
was). Did Jesus accept it or did he reject it?
We do not know. The accounts are too
conflicting.
3-
Furthermore, Matthew 27:48-50 and Luke
23:36-38 are not even sure about whether
or not Jesus took in the drink or not!
Why is this relevant? Because the
Christians and their corrupt Bible do not
have any solid and clear-cut information
about virtually anything! All they have are
conflicting accounts and man-made
corruptions and speculations.
Do you know the answer? Could you
honestly tell me what the drink precisely
was, and whether or not Jesus Christ
accepted that drink?
If the key witness to this event are even contradicting themselves, how can we be sure that
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by larrymoore(m): 10:28pm On Mar 20, 2013
udatso: 1.What did the inscription on Jesus' cross
say?
John 19:19
19 Pilate had a notice prepared and fastened
to the cross. It reads: JESUS OF NAZARETH,
THE KING OF THE JEWS.
Matthew 27:37
37 Above his head they placed the written
charge against him: THIS IS JESUS, THE
KING OF THE JEWS.
Luke 23:38
38 There was a written notice above him,
which reads: THIS IS THE KING OF THE
JEWS.
Mark 15:26
26 The written notice of the charge against
him read: THE KING OF THE JEWS.
You know, there was only one cross, and
not ten, for Jesus! Yet, the gospels can't
even get the inscription quoted correctly.
Can you honestly tell me what the exact
quote was? Because all four are way off from
each others, especially the one in John
19:19.
2.Was there an earthquake when Jesus
died or not, and did many of the dead
resurrect or not?
Matthew 27:51-53
51 At that moment the curtain of the temple
was torn in two from top to bottom. The
earth shook and the rocks split.
52 The tombs broke open and the bodies of
many holy people who had died were
raised to life.
53 They came out of the tombs, and after
Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy
city and appeared to many people.
You would expect that such monumental
event be recorded not only all over the New
Testament, but also in 100s of books
throughout history, since it would've been
witnessed by thousands and told by
thousands. Yet, not only the gospels of Mark,
Luke and John are virtually silent about (no
earthquakes and no resurrections of dead
bodies), but so are the history books! No
testimonies and no recordings of anything of this sort.
3.While on the cross, did Jesus accept the
drink or refuse it? And what was the
drink??
Like I mentioned above, Christians boast
about how detailed their Bible is. Yet, the
Bible that they boast about is too confused,
too confusing, too erroneous, and too off in
its accounts, so much that one can not
get an honest and accurate account
about any event! So after all, this big book
that is called the Bible is no more than a pile
of man-made corruption and hoaxes.
With this said, let us now examine the
following confusing and erroneous hoax
about Jesus, the drink, and what drink did he
have:
Mark 15:23
23 And they gave him to drink wine
mingled with myrrh: but he received it
not.
Matthew 27:48-50
48 And straightway one of them ran, and
took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and
put it on a reed, and gave him to drink.
49 The rest said, Let be, let us see whether
Elias will come to save him.
50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a
loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
Luke 23:36-38
36 And the soldiers also mocked him, coming
to him, and offering him vinegar,
37 And saying, If thou be the king of the
Jews, save thyself.
38 And a superscription also was written over
him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and
Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
John 19:29-30
29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar:
and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and
put it upon hyssop, and put it to his
mouth.
30 When Jesus therefore had received the
vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed
his head, and gave up the ghost.
There are lots of errors and contradictions in
these verses:
1-
We do not know whether the drink was wine
or vinegar. If Jesus was offered apple juice,
then don't tell me it was orange juice!
Vinegar is not wine and a wine is not
vinegar! They are not the same.
2-
Mark 15:23 directly clashes with John
19:29-30 about whether or not Jesus
accepted the drink (whatever that drink
was). Did Jesus accept it or did he reject it?
We do not know. The accounts are too
conflicting.
3-
Furthermore, Matthew 27:48-50 and Luke
23:36-38 are not even sure about whether
or not Jesus took in the drink or not!
Why is this relevant? Because the
Christians and their corrupt Bible do not
have any solid and clear-cut information
about virtually anything! All they have are
conflicting accounts and man-made
corruptions and speculations.
Do you know the answer? Could you
honestly tell me what the drink precisely
was, and whether or not Jesus Christ
accepted that drink?
If the key witness to this event are even contradicting themselves, how can we be sure that
please l need some information. Please l need ur contact be e mail, facebk. I am on: larrymoore1004@yahoo.com
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by udatso: 7:49am On Mar 21, 2013
larrymoore: please l need some information. Please l need ur contact be e mail, facebk. I am on: larrymoore1004@yahoo.com
Av sent you a mail
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by udatso: 7:51am On Mar 21, 2013
ckkris:

Please bear it in mind Sir, that I have nothing to gain in trying to win an argument. I will only state the facts as they are in the Scriptures, both yours and mine.
I will respond to the 'THY WILL BE DONE PRAYERS' that Jesus taught mankind.
Same here sir, just stating the facts as they are in the scriptures
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Eben2: 9:59am On Mar 21, 2013
@udatso,
I am not really given to argument about the truth of the word of God. nevertheless, it seems to me that you genuinely wants to know and as a result i will give a simple answer to the questions about Jesus' question in Matthew 27:46 and His agony in the garden.

Now, you must know something first; that the eyes of God are purer to behold iniquity, that is why the bible says that the prayer of a sinner is an abomination onto God.

Back to our passage, at this point on the cross, the Lord Jesus - the saviour of mankind was having on Him the sin of the whole world! God at this point was totally separated from Him because of my sins and your sins. God had to turn His back on His only begotten son because of the filthiness of the world that was upon Him.

Jesus was not questioning God; He was quoting the firt line of Psalm 22 - a deep expression of the anguish He felt when He took on the sins of the world causing Him to be separated from His Father. This was exactly what He dreaded when He prayed to God in the garden to take the cup from Him. Mat 26:39

The physical agony was horrible, but even worse was the period of spiritual separation from God. Jesus suffered this double death so that we would never have to experience eternal separation from God.

Another point we must learn from this is that Jesus came in form of flesh, having the same passion, pain and temptation that we go through as human yet, He endured the agony of the cross just so you and I can be saved. He could have chosen not to do it but He did it anyway! He was tempted and the flesh was there to discourage Him, yet He chose the WILL OF GOD. "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was IN ALL POINTS TEMPTED LIKE AS WE ARE, YET WITHOUT SIN" Heb 4:15.

As for the burial, Hebrews don't cover their dead in the ground as we do here. They have tombs (private & general) where their dead are buried according to their customs, a big stone is usually roled over the tomb just as we use sand to cover our dead. This was how Jesus was buried - according to the customs of the Hebrews. Moreover, forget about the lies and bribry of Caiaphas the chief priest to cover the resurrection of our Lord Jesus. Matt 28:11 - 15

As for me, if Jesus could save me from my addictions and the terrible life i was living and make me a new man and my home a peaceful abode: there is no other argument, there is no other pleas, it is enough that Jesus died and that He died for me.

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by ckkris: 10:34am On Mar 21, 2013
Now I can really shout HALLELUJAH !

The Israelites read their precious Holy Tanakh, and see a world-conquering MESSIAH/KING. These Jews are inspired to be creative, inventing things and ideas that rule the world, even today.
I read the Holy Bible and see THE MESSIAH, from the opening lines of Genesis, through every page, to the last verse of Revelation. More than 20 years ago, especially through the revealed WORD of the Holy Bible, THE MESSIAH has healed my spirit, soul, and body, with a gentle LOVE that conquered my natural rebelion, just as He has conquered hundreds of millions of people all over the world, in every land and clime.
You also reead the same Holy Bible, and say its 'confusing', and its understandable. In John 9:38-41, Jesus cautioned against this condjtion, and left it open to personal CHOICE.
Jesus has indeed conquered, far more the Jews anticipate, but not by physical sword, but with the kind of LOVE the Greeks define as AGAPE.
I hope Ido not add to your confusion, because, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by udatso: 11:01am On Mar 21, 2013
Eben 2: @udatso,
I am not really given to argument about the truth of the word of God. nevertheless, it seems to me that you genuinely wants to know and as a result i will give a simple answer to the questions about Jesus' question in Matthew 27:46 and His agony in the garden.

Now, you must know something first; that the eyes of God are purer to behold iniquity, that is why the bible says that the prayer of a sinner is an abomination onto God.

Back to our passage, at this point on the cross, the Lord Jesus - the saviour of mankind was having on Him the sin of the whole world! God at this point was totally separated from Him because of my sins and your sins. God had to turn His back on His only begotten son because of the filthiness of the world that was upon Him.

Jesus was not questioning God; He was quoting the firt line of Psalm 22 - a deep expression of the anguish He felt when He took on the sins of the world causing Him to be separated from His Father. This was exactly what He dreaded when He prayed to God in the garden to take the cup from Him. Mat 26:39

The physical agony was horrible, but even worse was the period of spiritual separation from God. Jesus suffered this double death so that we would never have to experience eternal separation from God.

Another point we must learn from this is that Jesus came in form of flesh, having the same passion, pain and temptation that we go through as human yet, He endured the agony of the cross just so you and I can be saved. He could have chosen not to do it but He did it anyway! He was tempted and the flesh was there to discourage Him, yet He chose the WILL OF GOD. "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was IN ALL POINTS TEMPTED LIKE AS WE ARE, YET WITHOUT SIN" Heb 4:15.

As for the burial, Hebrews don't cover their dead in the ground as we do here. They have tombs (private & general) where their dead are buried according to their customs, a big stone is usually roled over the tomb just as we use sand to cover our dead. This was how Jesus was buried - according to the customs of the Hebrews. Moreover, forget about the lies and bribry of Caiaphas the chief priest to cover the resurrection of our Lord Jesus. Matt 28:11 - 15

As for me, if Jesus could save me from my addictions and the terrible life i was living and make me a new man and my home a peaceful abode: there is no other argument, there is no other pleas, it is enough that Jesus died and that He died for me.
Brother, it seems you are no more too comfortable with this and at such, I would not keep bringing up more stuffs. But what I would advice sir is that a book of God, shouldn't give us any reason to doubt the crucifixion of christ which every christians' salvation depends on. For a matter that, huge, I think it would be fair for one to have a proper understanding about it. As you have seen, the people who give account of the event that happened are contradicting themselves in som issues. In our social life, the moment something which was assumed to be true shows signs of possibility of not been tru, we examine it to knw the real fact. This even becomes more important when it deals with faith or salvation...at your leisure time, take it upon yourself to study all these verses why those appostles inspired by God, are giving different account of same event. Its never too late to find the truth my dear brother. During the course of this discussions, if I have said anything to offend you or christianity, pleas forgive me as it was never my intention. Once again. Thank you for reasoning with me

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by udatso: 11:13am On Mar 21, 2013
ckkris: Now I can really shout HALLELUJAH !

The Israelites read their precious Holy Tanakh, and see a world-conquering MESSIAH/KING. These Jews are inspired to be creative, inventing things and ideas that rule the world, even today.
I read the Holy Bible and see THE MESSIAH, from the opening lines of Genesis, through every page, to the last verse of Revelation. More than 20 years ago, especially through the revealed WORD of the Holy Bible, THE MESSIAH has healed my spirit, soul, and body, with a gentle LOVE that conquered my natural rebelion, just as He has conquered hundreds of millions of people all over the world, in every land and clime.
You also reead the same Holy Bible, and say its 'confusing', and its understandable. In John 9:38-41, Jesus cautioned against this condjtion, and left it open to personal CHOICE.
Jesus has indeed conquered, far more the Jews anticipate, but not by physical sword, but with the kind of LOVE the Greeks define as AGAPE.
I hope Ido not add to your confusion, because, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
I would have be happy if you didn't talk about my confussion.
Well, I wdnt have been confused, if these verses were not opposing each other or the unfulfilled prophecy, I wouldn't have bn confused. Am sure anybody would understand why someone is confused with all the evidences. If a there was a party somwhere and mr A tells me that in the party there were lots of beer and mr B tells me there was no bear. There is a possibility, both are wrong, or one of them is wrong but both can't be right. And as you can c, this is a confussion but when this type occurs in the book of God,.......I reserve my comment. Tnx for ur time

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by prettyprecy(f): 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
Wen the gospel was handed over to us it was nt given alone it came with the gift of the Holy spirit that it shd nt be read alone buh wit d guiding of the spirit dat ye may receive understanding of d word so if just open d bible like a text book or novel u wld see things nd read things dat ur carnal mind can comprehend nd dats where all dis arguments originates frm cos d spirit nd d flesh cannot yield d same understanding. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Pastors Lead Their Children To Hell / Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? / Why We Can’t Jump To Conclusions About Rape Allegations Against Fatoyinbo —CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.