Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,784 members, 7,882,712 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:16 PM

In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) (9573 Views)

Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation / Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs / Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:29pm On May 09, 2013
Boomark:

In serving God, you don't use symbols out of your own volition. Allow God to lead.
yeah, i allowed God lead, hence i used a candle as a symbol.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 5:38pm On May 09, 2013
Boomark:
I don't hate people. What i hate is false doctrine. I got interest in the issue of candle when it seems you guys are hiding something.
When someone ask you a question about what you practice and you can't answer(except you don't know), then there is a problem. That makes me wonder. Do you also wonder?
He knows your passing needs but you must first go to Him in spirit and in TRUTH. The truth is what we are dealing with here.
If my net fail to catch you, i know what to do.

False doctrine??come on,dat my belief and practices dnt seem ryt 2u dnt make it wrong!dnt judge!!u got interestd in d candles same way u got interestd in d images,d priests,d pope evryfin we do and really datz ok.we nt hiding anythg frm d world,u ask cos u dnt knw and we'v xplaind bt u dnt listen u jst want 2kip arguing,no1 knws it all.i'l get bak 2u latr on d candles k.bt u'v come to terms with wat u believe and wat ur pastors say and do well so have we.stil want 2knw ur church.aw im i nt sure u nt a pagan,lol.nt lyk im judging u if u are
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 5:46pm On May 09, 2013
Boomark:
first go to Him in spirit and in TRUTH. The truth is what we are dealing with here.

There u go again tawking lyk we practing falsehood.ok u tel me wat it is to worship in Spirit and TRUTH.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 5:49pm On May 09, 2013
PLS IS THEIR ANYTHING LIKE JESUIT IN THE CATHOLIC...AND WU ARE THEY AND THEIR DUTY?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 6:25pm On May 09, 2013
peteregwu: PLS IS THEIR ANYTHING LIKE JESUIT IN THE CATHOLIC...AND WU ARE THEY AND THEIR DUTY?
yeah, there are jesuits in the catholic church, the jesuits are a congregation of priest dedicated to preaching, education, study and whatever work they are assigned to by the pope. Wikipedia has an article on them.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_of_Jesus if you are looking for a mission statement the you'll find the quote that starts with "whosoever desires to serve..."
i think this is their U.S website. www.jesuit.org
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 6:30pm On May 09, 2013
Ubenedictus: yeah, there are jesuits in the catholic church, the jesuits are a congregation of priest dedicated to preaching, education, study and whatever work they are assigned to by the pope. Wikipedia has an article on them.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_of_Jesus if you are looking for a mission statement the you'll find the quote that starts with "whosoever desires to serve..."
their official website is
www.sjweb.info
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 6:35pm On May 09, 2013
Ubenedictus: yeah, there are jesuits in the catholic church, the jesuits are a congregation of priest dedicated to preaching, education, study and whatever work they are assigned to by the pope. Wikipedia has an article on them.

SO, PLS I JUST WANT TO CONFIRM IF THE NEW POPE IS A JESUIT?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 6:37pm On May 09, 2013
peteregwu:

SO, PLS I JUST WANT TO CONFIRM IF THE NEW POPE IS A JESUIT?
did you miss the news??
Ofcourse he is a jesuit. So where are you headed?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 7:02pm On May 09, 2013
Ubenedictus: did you miss the news??
Ofcourse he is a jesuit. So where are you headed?

NO WONDER! MY GOD...
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 7:16pm On May 09, 2013
peteregwu: PLS IS THEIR ANYTHING LIKE JESUIT IN THE CATHOLIC...AND WU ARE THEY AND THEIR DUTY?

Who are you and wat is your own duty??
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 7:18pm On May 09, 2013
Missonas:

Who are you and wat is your own duty??

ACTUALLY WANTED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JESUIT MA! HAVE BEEN READING ABOUT IT ON THE NET FOR SOMETIME NOW. PlS DONT SCARE ME HERE O. THAT IS WHY AM USING 'MA' TO ADDRESS U.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 7:24pm On May 09, 2013
I asked you earlier, where are you headed?
peteregwu:

NO WONDER! MY GOD...
no wonder what?
Oh i guess he has been seriously advocating evangelism like jesuits are know for!
That's good!
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 7:36pm On May 09, 2013
Ubenedictus: I asked you earlier, where are you headed? no wonder what?
Oh i guess he has been seriously advocating evangelism like jesuits are know for!
That's good!

SO JESUITS ARE SATANIST, RIGHT?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 8:52pm On May 09, 2013
Ubenedictus: yeah, i allowed God lead, hence i used a candle as a symbol.

Is their any evidence that He led you to use candle as a symbol? Or you just want us to believe without proof.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by italo: 9:29pm On May 09, 2013
peteregwu:

WRONG AS USUAL.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 10:14pm On May 09, 2013
italo:

WRONG AS USUAL.

HOW DO KNOW AM WRONG....OR ARE U A JESUITS?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 10:14pm On May 09, 2013
peteregwu:

Sir dat question coming 4rm u is nt a surprise.u knw bettr dan 2believe all u read on d internet.same way nt all d bad gists abt u are true.get ur facts ryt sir!thkyou
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 10:21pm On May 09, 2013
Missonas:

Sir dat question coming 4rm u is nt a surprise.u knw bettr dan 2believe all u read on d internet.same way nt all d bad gists abt u are true.get ur facts ryt sir!thkyou

I DONT BELIEVE U. SO LONG U ARE NOT ONE OF THEM. HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THE HISTORY OF CATHOLIC FOR YEARS AN D THAT OF JESUIT. WHAT LED ME INTO IS THAT MY FATHER WA BORN THERE AMD HE HAPPENED TO BE TRAINED BY A PRIEST. ANYWAY, AM ALWAYS VERY INQUISITIVE AND LOV TO KNOW EVERYTHING....CURIOUS I GUESS. I HATE TO BE TAKEN UNAWARE AND HATE TO BE IGNORANT. I ALSO BELIEVE THE CATHOLIC WILL ALSO PLAY PART IN THIS ENDTIME BIBLE PROPHECIES, WHICB I BELIEVE THEY ARE INTO IT ALREADY. BECAUSE THE CATHOLIC IS A POWERFUL ORGANISATION THAT SATAN AND WORLD GOVERNMENT CAN NOT JUST IGNORE.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Rich4god(m): 10:32pm On May 09, 2013
peteregwu:

How do you know they are satanist... Are you a Jesuit.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 10:36pm On May 09, 2013
[quote author=Rich4god]
How do you know they are satanist... Are you a Jesuit.[/

FORTUNATELY AM NT A CATHOLIC..
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2013
i was just going through the youtube and came about a girl claiming he saw pope john paul ii in hell- proved by God.

here is the link. just copy and paste it on yr browser. pls i do nt hate anybody!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq7_FkDMpPc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTq7_FkDMpPc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTq7_FkDMpPc%26desktop_uri%3D%252Fwatch%253Fv%253DTq7_FkDMpPc
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Rich4god(m): 11:01pm On May 09, 2013
peteregwu: FORTUNATELY AM NT A CATHOLIC..
So why do you fail to believe the fact that they are not satanist.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Rich4god(m): 11:06pm On May 09, 2013
peteregwu: i was just going through the youtube and came about a girl claiming he saw pope john paul ii in hell- proved by God.

here is the link. just copy and paste it on yr browser. pls i do nt hate anybody!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq7_FkDMpPc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTq7_FkDMpPc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTq7_FkDMpPc%26desktop_uri%3D%252Fwatch%253Fv%253DTq7_FkDMpPc
Am not saying that a pope cannot go to hell... But how do you know the girl is saying the truth?... or are you the girl?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 09, 2013
The only image you should bow to is the Glory of God.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 12:05pm On May 10, 2013
Rich4god:
Am not saying that a pope cannot go to hell... But how do you know the girl is saying the truth?... or are you the girl?

I know and i believe the girl, cos she is not the only one that had such experience of hell, their others that also saw pope in hell. I can also post another one for u. Becaise the bible says in the mouth of two witnesses a matter is establishex. Not only that. The doctrine of the catholic is unbiblical and anyone practising it will end up in hell because its not the truth, but contrary to the truth. Am saying this not because i hate catholic members, i love them and i want them to make heaven by following the truth. The truth will always set one free from sin.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 12:14pm On May 10, 2013
Missonas:

There u go again tawking lyk we practing falsehood.ok u tel me wat it is to worship in Spirit and TRUTH.

Worshiping the Father in spirit and in truth takes place simultaneously.

Summarily, one has to cultivate the fruitage of the spirit, Gal 5:22. This one thing that makes us acceptable in the presence of God whenever we pray.

We walk by faith, not by sight. We hope on things not seen. Faith in Christ must not be contaminated by man made images of him. God warned us against this. And it shows a lack of true knowledge on how to go to God through Christ.

Those who hold unto the traditions of men worship God in vain, Mark 7:7. Wherever God is not present, demons take control. There is no other tradition except you faith in Christ(Grace) and doing good works(love). To avoid mistakes, hold unto these things, they are in the scripture and enough to get you in to the kingdom of God instead of word of the mouth tradition where men are free to practice lawlessness.

Click on my recent posts on grace gospel, you will see that those who practice the law are under the curse of the law. Images, candle, etc are not part of true worship.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:17pm On May 10, 2013
peteregwu:

wrong!
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:21pm On May 10, 2013
Boomark:

Worshiping the Father in spirit and in truth takes place simultaneously.

Summarily, one has to cultivate the fruitage of the spirit, Gal 5:22. This one thing that makes us acceptable in the presence of God whenever we pray.

We walk by faith, not by sight. We hope on things not seen. Faith in Christ must not be contaminated by man made images of him. God warned us against this. And it shows a lack of true knowledge on how to go to God through Christ.

Those who hold unto the traditions of men worship God in vain, Mark 7:7. Wherever God is not present, demons take control. There is no other tradition except you faith in Christ(Grace) and doing good works(love). To avoid mistakes, hold unto these things, they are in the scripture and enough to get you in to the kingdom of God instead of word of the mouth tradition where men are free to practice lawlessness.

Click on my recent posts on grace gospel, you will see that those who practice the law are under the curse of the law. Images, candle, etc are not part of true worship.

u don turn to God wey dey recieve worship?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by italo: 6:04pm On May 10, 2013
peteregwu:

Jesuits and I are Catholics so I know.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 7:57pm On May 10, 2013
Ubenedictus: u don turn to God wey dey recieve worship?

Is this what you have to say? I understand you know am right. Those who know our true God knows how He desire to be worshiped.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 8:00pm On May 10, 2013
Psalm 135:15-18
15 The idols of the nations are
silver and gold, made by the hands
of men. 16 They have mouths, but
cannot speak, eyes, but they cannot
see; 17 they have ears, but cannot
hear, nor is there breath in their
mouths. 18 Those who make them
will be like them, and so will all
who trust in them.

When you kneel before the image of that Jesus to pray, look at it carefully and see if it does not possess these characteristics of an idol. This is how catholics reduced their Jesus to the state of an idol.

The works of satan and his demons. In a spirit and true worship, satan has no tool to insult our God.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 5:27pm On May 13, 2013
aba2aba: The only image you should bow to is the Glory of God.

Amen!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Our Blessed Virgin Mary- Feast Of Immaculate Conception / Why Do You Really Go To Church? / Major Mistake Made By Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.