Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,784 members, 7,882,712 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:16 PM

In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) (9573 Views)

Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation / Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs / Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 8:20pm On Mar 17, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnyJB_IOjeA&feature=player_embedded

Boomark:
2 kings 18:4
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
He removed the high places, and broke the images, and cut down the idol poles, and broke in pieces the bronze serpent that Moses had made: for until those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan.

Brazen serpent here is a pure Example of a relic. beware all those that offer incense. we are just showing you people the truth. we hate no body. this is idol worship.

When i pasted my kings quote, they bolted away with their "knee" touching the back of their head.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by vanstanzy(m): 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=32pt]ITS FUNNY HOW CATHOLICS (CHRISTIANS) KILLED SO MANY PAGANS AROUND THE WORLD, OVER OUR IDOLATORY AND THEY THEMSELVES INDULGE IN IT![/size]

*filthy hypocrites. .

So u know u filthy pagans practice IDOLATORY, that's very good.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by tobechi20(m): 9:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
Segeggs: then why pray to the demonic image known as mary to u guys but really called the queen of heaven,ishtar,isis,semiramis etc?why usea a rosary?why burn incence?was jesus christ like that?
you are digressing brother. Face the topic.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by italo: 10:16pm On Mar 17, 2013
If the Catholic Church wasnt attacked this much by its many enemies, I would have stopped being Catholic.

John 15:18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also."
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ekennovative(m): 10:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
1 Timothy 2:5
English Standard Version (ESV)

"For there is one God, and there is one mediator between
God and men, the man [a] Christ Jesus".
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ekennovative(m): 10:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
MEDIATOR

2.A mediator is a person who
helps others resolve conflicts.

3.A mediator is a neutral third
party who assists people
involved in a disagreement to
resolve their differences.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 4:29am On Mar 18, 2013
tobechi20: you are digressing brother. Face the topic.

Did you see my quote or watch the video up there? Did you also turn blind eye?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:25am On Mar 18, 2013
vanstanzy:

So u know u filthy pagans practice IDOLATORY, that's very good.

you filthy xtian! Idolatory is Good. it is a part of our religious beliefs! angry

i speak of your hypocrisy! you persecute us of our ways and then steal them from us. angry angry angry angry
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 8:25am On Mar 18, 2013
Reyginus: help me with this
https://www.nairaland.com/1104124/problem-catholism-an-introspection
oga reyginus, that thread is so long, i met it towards the end and i doubt anybody would have d time to read to many pages, i actually wanted to answer those questions but for time, i'll advise you open a thread, one thread per topic to re discuss those issues.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 8:28am On Mar 18, 2013
ijawkid:

I would define her actions as idolatry too.....I would never support any act of idolatry....all forms of idolatry are detestable before Yahweh.........

Hugging and greeting her late mums picture is tantamount to ancestral worship and ofcus idolatry.......

Idolatry is idolatry....let the truth be told....walking up to a fake marys statute and bowing to it is nothing but IDOLATRY.....

I just can't understand why catholics would not grasp this lucid scriptural truth....
this is becos u think that worship is a matter of posture. Well you are wrong.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 8:31am On Mar 18, 2013
frosbel:

Catholics pray to dead saints, bow before idols, use a Pagan roasry etc, sprinkle holy water, call a mere man Holy Father and his holiness, blaspheme Christ by dare referring to the Pope as the Vicar of Christ when the Holy Spirit is actually Christ's representative in our lives.

The Catholic church stands for blasphemy after blasphemy and is an abomination to GOD.

But how will you know when Catholics do not read their bibles.

d usually arguement from emotion. Frosbel never disappoints.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by ijawkid(m): 8:58am On Mar 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: this is becos u think that worship is a matter of posture. Well you are wrong.

this is not about posture alone...this is about walking up to a graven image and doing obeiscance to it and reciting words of devotion to the image...........why must a group of people walk up to that dead statue , bow to it and then say its not idolatry....what else does the scriptures call it??..........

I can bet that you have a lil mould of marys image located in one shrine-like compartment there in your house which you bow down to everyday..........UBE if it is not idolatry then abeg define what it is..........God dey watch ona o..........I just can't understand how u guys stand a chance to run away from the fact that y'all are steeped in idolatry..........
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 9:23am On Mar 18, 2013
We do not read our bible?nw datz hilarious!we cal D Pope Holy Fathr same way u guys cal Adeboye&TB josh man of God&Prophet bt i gues urz issokay ryt.we use d rosary 2pray d hail mary &d our fathr medidating on d mysterious<all contained in d bible up until wen Jesus died and resurrectd).we sprinkle holy water(blessed and consecratd by d priests) jst lyk u use d anoiting oil or olive oil.so watz all d fuss abt?we dnt pray to dead pple bt we pray tru dem 2GOD.if y'all dnt get dat issokay bt datz our believe and it works 4us,u dnt av 2accept it...Peace

frosbel:

Catholics pray to dead saints, bow before idols, use a Pagan roasry etc, sprinkle holy water, call a mere man Holy Father and his holiness, blaspheme Christ by dare referring to the Pope as the Vicar of Christ when the Holy Spirit is actually Christ's representative in our lives.

The Catholic church stands for blasphemy after blasphemy and is an abomination to GOD.

But how will you know when Catholics do not read their bibles.

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by ijawkid(m): 9:37am On Mar 18, 2013
Missonas: We do not read our bible?nw datz hilarious!we cal D Pope Holy Fathr same way u guys cal Adeboye&TB josh man of God&Prophet bt i gues urz issokay ryt.we use d rosary 2pray d hail mary &d our fathr medidating on d mysterious<all contained in d bible up until wen Jesus died and resurrectd).we sprinkle holy water(blessed and consecratd by d priests) jst lyk u use d anoiting oil or olive oil.so watz all d fuss abt?we dnt pray to dead pple bt we pray tru dem 2GOD.if y'all dnt get dat issokay bt datz our believe and it works 4us,u dnt av 2accept it...Peace

The last time I checked it was pagans who used BEADS in worship......why can't u guys for once in your life follow the exact foot steps of Christ and the apostles??...........

Why can't u pray to God our Father without the use of the rosary??.....ona go die??.......
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2013
Oya nw follow d steps of Jesus and stop throwing stones

ijawkid:

The last time I checked it was pagans who used BEADS in worship......why can't u guys for once in your life follow the exact foot steps of Christ and the apostles??...........

Why can't u pray to God our Father without the use of the rosary??.....ona go die??.......
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by ijawkid(m): 9:55am On Mar 18, 2013
Missonas: Oya nw follow d steps of Jesus and stop throwing stones

Na because I never put the stones for catapult abi??.........cheesy........

Jesus sef go dey wonder how praying to the Father come dey connected to using BEADS(a.k.a the rosary)..........smh!!!!.......
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 10:14am On Mar 18, 2013
Lol.u neva c wen catapult dey do reverse abi.lyk ah said kid wateva wrks 4u!

ijawkid:

Jesus sef go dey wonder how praying to the Father come dey connected to using BEADS(a.k.a the rosary)..........smh!!!!.......

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by italo: 10:29am On Mar 18, 2013
Missonas: Lol.u neva c wen catapult dey do reverse abi.

GBAM!!!
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:35am On Mar 18, 2013
ijawkid:

this is not about posture alone...this is about walking up to a graven image and doing obeiscance to it and reciting words of devotion to the image...........why must a group of people walk up to that dead statue , bow to it and then say its not idolatry....what else does the scriptures call it??..........

I can bet that you have a lil mould of marys image located in one shrine-like compartment there in your house which you bow down to everyday..........UBE if it is not idolatry then abeg define what it is..........God dey watch ona o..........I just can't understand how u guys stand a chance to run away from the fact that y'all are steeped in idolatry..........
u didnt even try to define worship. my dear ur idea of worship is all twisted. u cant accuse some one of idolatry unless u can prove d person worshiped d image. d senario u mentioned above can mean anything and joshua did exacly d same thing in d bible.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:41am On Mar 18, 2013
ijawkid:

d last time i checked d pagans also have their own holy books dat didnt stop d catholic church from compiling d bible and i didnt see u complaining about that
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: oga reyginus, that thread is so long, i met it towards the end and i doubt anybody would have d time to read to many pages, i actually wanted to answer those questions but for time, i'll advise you open a thread, one thread per topic to re discuss those issues.
Okay. I will see what I can do.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by ijawkid(m): 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: d last time i checked d pagans also have their own holy books dat didnt stop d catholic church from compiling d bible and i didnt see u complaining about that

How does this even mean anything........

Where did you guys adopt the use of beads in worship??....from the books u compiled??......

The pagans have there own holy books and all you guys did was tap from there book.....no be so??....cheesy
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 12:38pm On Mar 18, 2013
ijawkid:

Hmm...i dont know what you are waiting for. if na me, i for don fire her one shot before she say "cata..." angry
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by tobechi20(m): 2:00pm On Mar 18, 2013
You protestant are hypocrites. You go in front of your pastor bow your head or kneel before him in prayer. Is that not idolatory?

You kneel in front of an alter and pray? Arent u worshiping the alter?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 7:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
Reyginus: Okay. I will see what I can do.
i noticed you resurected d old thread, i'll start from there.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 7:22pm On Mar 18, 2013
ijawkid:

How does this even mean anything........

Where did you guys adopt the use of beads in worship??....from the books u compiled??......

The pagans have there own holy books and all you guys did was tap from there book.....no be so??....cheesy
that isnt d point!
D church compiled scripture, d pagans have their own scriptures, u didnt complain, d church uses beads for prayer other pagans have their beads and yet u claim becos d church uses bead she is pagan.
I put it to u that u have demostrated hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by alexleo(m): 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2013
tobechi74: Having. Observed series of thread createdagainst catholic . I have decided to answer some misunderstanding on the issue.
:-

do CATHOLIC WORSHIP ANOTHER AS GOD ?

No.Only God shud be worshiped

BUT CATHOLICS Bow TO statue.DRAWING,PAINTING,Etc

yes. To reflect on the life and behavior of such person on longer in existence.

Exodus says DONT MAKE ANY GRAVEN IMAGE OR WHAT IS IN HEAVEN.ABOVE THE EARTH OR BELOW THE EARTH. Foot worship Or SERVE THEM

Catholics dont break that command

THeY DO

before such command is broken,there must be three factors

Making of images
bowing to images
worshiping images

all three must be present

THE BIBLE PROHIBIT USE OF IMAGES,

no. God commanded making bronze snake. He is against bowing and worshiping.

IS BOWING NOT THE SAME AS WORSHIPING?

No. Lawyers any before judge and even call them my lord. Children prostate before their parents in western nigeria. Does this mean worship?

No.

SATANIC DEFENCE. CATHOLICS ARE IDOL WORSHIPERS. STOP ENGAGING IN USELESS ACTIVITIES SUCH AS THIS DEFENCE.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by ijawkid(m): 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: that isnt d point!
D church compiled scripture, d pagans have their own scriptures, u didnt complain, d church uses beads for prayer other pagans have their beads and yet u claim becos d church uses bead she is pagan.
I put it to u that u have demostrated hypocrisy.

My question is when did christians start using beads in worship??....did our master do such??......

The truth is obvious......you borrowed the act from pagans.........pagans are your pace setters and not JESUS......can't you just see the truth??................I am not a hypÓcrite ,you are.........cheesy
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 4:22pm On Mar 19, 2013
ijawkid:

My question is when did christians start using beads in worship??....did our master do such??......
did Jesus go about carry d xtian bible.

The truth is obvious......you borrowed the act from pagans.........pagans are your pace setters and not JESUS......can't you just see the truth??................I am not a hypÓcrite ,you are.........cheesy
hahaha, ur emotional arguement. Do well to provide d transcript of d meeting where catholic adopted the pagan beads.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by ijawkid(m): 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: did Jesus go about carry d xtian bible.
If I can remember Jesus read from d law and prophets which ofcus was on a scroll.....and I'm doing d same today.....Jesus read and I'm reading today...cheesy
Ubenedictus:
hahaha, ur emotional arguement. Do well to provide d transcript of d meeting where catholic adopted the pagan beads.

Just simply tell us where the use of beads by the catholics originated from.......

Is that too hard for you to answer??..........

Which sane servant of God ever used beads in worship??....please show me.....angry........
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Alfamann: 5:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
tobechi74:

Exodus says DONT MAKE ANY GRAVEN IMAGE OR WHAT IS IN HEAVEN.ABOVE THE EARTH OR BELOW THE EARTH. Foot worship Or SERVE THEM

Catholics dont break that command

THeY DO

before such command is broken,there must be three factors

Making of images
bowing to images
worshiping images

all three must be present

So if you buy a statue of Sango and bow down and worship it, that's ok then? As you didn't make it.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 10:48pm On Mar 19, 2013
Av u ever heard of Freedom of Worship??

Alfamann:

So if you buy a statue of Sango and bow down and worship it, that's ok then? As you didn't make it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Our Blessed Virgin Mary- Feast Of Immaculate Conception / Why Do You Really Go To Church? / Major Mistake Made By Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.