Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,519 members, 7,940,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 02:53 PM

In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) (9634 Views)

Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation / Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs / Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 2:32am On Apr 03, 2013
Omenuko:

The Catholic Church teaches that Jesus is to be worshiped because he is God. The Church also teaches that the Blessed Virgin Mary is to be honored because she did the will of God. Note: Jesus is God and Mary is a created being. Please provide Church teaching where it states we should worship Mary.

dats false, catholic worship and honor mary either u know it or not. see your pope below below..and tell me, what is he doing?

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Richieboyn: 3:37am On Apr 03, 2013
Boomark:

Did the crying image tell you that it was crying because of the sins of the world?

Did it tell you dat it was crying because you don't do what d Fada said you should do? Can't u see dat u are talking thrash?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Richieboyn: 3:41am On Apr 03, 2013
frosbel:

Perfect !!

So throw away those Pagan beads, stop bowing to Mary, all you need is JESUS, nothing else smiley

Frosbel you again. Why can't u just mind ur business for once? What church do u even attend.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Richieboyn: 3:43am On Apr 03, 2013
peteregwu:

u are absolutely wrong and u are misleading your gullible members, by misconstruing the bible. read the passage below carefully and not be double minded about it.
Exodus 20:3-5 KJV
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me. [4] Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: [5] Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;"

the bible says, 1. dont make the images of any kind claiming to be anyone or representing anynody. 2. dont bow to them.
this is very simple to understand, you dont even need a pastor to teach you, as simple as abc.
now, i have worshipped in catholic before..they worship mary, pray to mary and use chaplets or rosary to pray like muslims, is this not abomination before God. denying the Lordship of Jesus and embracing the Lordship of mary(satan indirectly).

Matthew 1:21 KJV
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."
Jesus is the only one that forgives and takes away, i is no mary. mary was a creating being and she is dead. even all the prophets are dead and no more liv at the moment. but Jesus is never a created being, He is the one that created me and you an everything in existence. Jesus died and the third day ressurected for our justification...and He is alive forever. so, what comparison or equality does mary has with Jesus. Jesus is God and who is mary? mary is just a human being like me and u.

My friend yu are mumuishly ignorant. No time 4 pple lyk u.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Richieboyn: 3:44am On Apr 03, 2013
Omenuko:

The Catholic Church teaches that Jesus is to be worshiped because he is God. The Church also teaches that the Blessed Virgin Mary is to be honored because she did the will of God. Note: Jesus is God and Mary is a created being. Please provide Church teaching where it states we should worship Mary.

Nobody says yu shd worship Mary. Why are ds protestants/pentecostals so block-headed?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 9:29am On Apr 03, 2013
peteregwu: its high time catholic start being true christians, and stop being double faced.

OK!bt take d log off ur own eyes brov b4 bothering abt d speck in others
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 11:48am On Apr 03, 2013
when u tell catholic they worship idol, they will disclaim unbiblically. now see below and tell me what the pope is doing...is that not witchcrafty? so, what makes th pope or catholic different from native doctors.

below pope kissing the "holy quran", with a skull before him showing occultism, and holding a symbol of the ancient god of the pagan. what prove do u guys want? if this i hidden before us, then we will not bother judging, but what we see we do speak or judge. so it is clear. the bible says we should "judge righteously". so when we see what is evil, we say it is evil by speaking out.

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 12:21pm On Apr 03, 2013
peteregwu: when u tell catholic they worship idol, they will disclaim unbiblically. now see below and tell me what the pope is doing...is that not witchcrafty? so, what makes th pope or catholic different from native doctors.

below pope kissing the "holy quran", with a skull before him showing occultism, and holding a symbol of the ancient god of the pagan. what prove do u guys want? if this i hidden before us, then we will not bother judging, but what we see we do speak or judge. so it is clear. the bible says we should "judge righteously". so when we see what is evil, we say it is evil by speaking out.

Nw we nt jst idol worshippers bt we possess 'witchcrafty' and r kissers of quran which makes us muslims tew.na illuminati remain na * smh*
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Freksy(m): 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2013
Omenuko:

Those devotional things you or your leaders do whenever you or they stand, kneel, sit, lie etc before an image or images fall under the heading of 'worship'. The worshiper doe not need to tell the worshed saying: "I am worshiping you, before the act is termed, 'worship'". Prayer is a form of worship, did you know? The pictures you see above this post are pictorial representations of what am trying to paint.

The reason they give you for honoring /worshiping Mary makes me begging to feel Elizabeth, the mother of John, the baptizer of Jesus did not do the will of God.

Omenuko, if you were to choose between the teachings of the Catholic Church and those of the Bible about Mary and Jesus, which would you go for?

Nevertheless, if you know you love your life and future, let nothing hold you back from acting swiftly on the following:

"And I heard another voice from heaven , saying , Come out of her, my people , that ye be not partakers of her sins , and that ye receive not of her plagues . For her sins have reached unto heaven , and God hath remembered her iniquities ". Rev. 18:4 - 5.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Omenuko(m): 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
Freksy:

Those devotional things you or your leaders do whenever you or they stand, kneel, sit, lie etc before an image or images fall under the heading of 'worship'. The worshiper doe not need to tell the worshed saying: "I am worshiping you, before the act is termed, 'worship'". Prayer is a form of worship, did you know? The pictures you see above this post are pictorial representations of what am trying to paint.

The reason they give you for honoring /worshiping Mary makes me begging to feel Elizabeth, the mother of John, the baptizer of Jesus did not do the will of God.

Omenuko, if you were to choose between the teachings of the Catholic Church and those of the Bible about Mary and Jesus, which would you go for?

Nevertheless, if you know you love your life and future, let nothing hold you back from acting swiftly on the following:

"And I heard another voice from heaven , saying , Come out of her, my people , that ye be not partakers of her sins , and that ye receive not of her plagues . For her sins have reached unto heaven , and God hath remembered her iniquities ". Rev. 18:4 - 5.

I see, so if we use you definition of worship:

Those devotional things you or your leaders do whenever you or they stand, kneel, sit, lie etc before an image or images fall under the heading of 'worship'

Then the mere fact of standing and holding one's hand to the chest to salute the flag during the singing of the national anthem is worship (i.e., worshiping the national flag - idol worship)...the act of performing the yoruba doba'le or the east asian bow to a person is an act of worship (i.e., worshiping individuals - worshiping man)...the act of kneeling, kissing, or even touching royalty or esteemed individuals is worship (i.e., worshiping earthly kings). Surely, your definition of worship is too broad, because by merely giving respect or honor to anything, idea, or person will fall into your category of worship.

Can you please expand on how the Bible declares all of the above, including your assessment of catholic veneration, as sinful.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2013
Missonas:

Nw we nt jst idol worshippers bt we possess 'witchcrafty' and r kissers of quran which makes us muslims tew.na illuminati remain na * smh*

so, u dont know dat illuminati is rulling d catholic? thats y whenever they select a new pope, rituals is involved. thats y everythin is don in secretcy. well, i know u wont believe me for any reason. now look at the pictures i posted, a pope , kneeling before a skull and kissing a quran. my friend u need to run out of that church and pray God to reveal a church where u can worship Him in truth and in spirit. today pope went to pauls grave to pray is that an abomination, praying to the dead. God is showing His people all this things for u to run, bu u prefer to remain under the authority of satan.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 03, 2013
Just like Lazarus muoka is a 419 extraordinaire.A liar and an expert @ deceptionm
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by mumumugu(m): 11:46pm On Apr 03, 2013
chukwudi44: Just like Lazarus muoka is a 419 extraordinaire.A liar and an expert @ deceptionm
i heard he was an ex catholic. Is it true
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 12:20am On Apr 04, 2013
mumumugu: i heard he was an ex catholic. Is it true

yes.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 12:32am On Apr 04, 2013
chukwudi44: Just like Lazarus muoka is a 419 extraordinaire.A liar and an expert @ deceptionm

chukwudi, we speak what we see and hav evidence of. i knw u are angry because of d catholic ungodly practices we hav been condemning here. because of it u are reigning false accusation u cant prove against a man of God. remember, God is the one that fights directly for His servants. just because i am speaking against catholic practices does not mean am wrong, am right because it is against the word of God. i am a member of chosen, and i see no wrong with the teachings of pastor Lazarus....everything He teaches and practicalises is in the bible. so what is d foundation of your false allegation or accusation against a man who is winning souls tirelessly without relenting and also preaching the truth consistently without compromise. He is the only one i do here in the time of offering, he will declare, "of u are a 419, armed robber, drug dealer, prostitute, fraudster, and occultic man, do not put your money here or else the judgement of God will come upon you." he says this every time he preaches on the pulpit. he is the one that says "if are into polygamy...you have more than one wive, remove all the wives settle them, let them go and let the first wife remain, repent and surrender to Jesus so that u will make heaven." this is what i here everyday from my beloved pastor. hmmm..in all my life i have never seen a man of God that preaches consistently like him. am not praising or worshipping him,i am thanking God for giving me such pastor in this evil generation. even when people are giving testimonies and mistakenly thank him. he will say, "dont ever thank me, thank God and give Him all the glory, He is doer of all the miracles." that is the footstep we are being thought to follow. so tell me, who is now a lier btw you and pastor lazarus? my hand no day o. have been telling u over and over again. go and read in the bible what happened to those that stood against true men of God in the bible, their end was disastrous.

as for the pope and catholic practises, it is ungodly, u can as well see all the pictures i posted. am bold to say it.i can only speak of whati know and have seen.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Pygru: 1:13am On Apr 04, 2013
peteregwu: when u tell catholic they worship idol, they will disclaim unbiblically. now see below and tell me what the pope is doing...is that not witchcrafty? so, what makes th pope or catholic different from native doctors.

shocked
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Richieboyn: 4:42am On Apr 04, 2013
peteregwu:

chukwudi, we speak what we see and hav evidence of. i knw u are angry because of d catholic ungodly practices we hav been condemning here. because of it u are reigning false accusation u cant prove against a man of God. remember, God is the one that fights directly for His servants. just because i am speaking against catholic practices does not mean am wrong, am right because it is against the word of God. i am a member of chosen, and i see no wrong with the teachings of pastor Lazarus....everything He teaches and practicalises is in the bible. so what is d foundation of your false allegation or accusation against a man who is winning souls tirelessly without relenting and also preaching the truth consistently without compromise. He is the only one i do here in the time of offering, he will declare, "of u are a 419, armed robber, drug dealer, prostitute, fraudster, and occultic man, do not put your money here or else the judgement of God will come upon you." he says this every time he preaches on the pulpit. he is the one that says "if are into polygamy...you have more than one wive, remove all the wives settle them, let them go and let the first wife remain, repent and surrender to Jesus so that u will make heaven." this is what i here everyday from my beloved pastor. hmmm..in all my life i have never seen a man of God that preaches consistently like him. am not praising or worshipping him,i am thanking God for giving me such pastor in this evil generation. even when people are giving testimonies and mistakenly thank him. he will say, "dont ever thank me, thank God and give Him all the glory, He is doer of all the miracles." that is the footstep we are being thought to follow. so tell me, who is now a lier btw you and pastor lazarus? my hand no day o. have been telling u over and over again. go and read in the bible what happened to those that stood against true men of God in the bible, their end was disastrous.

as for the pope and catholic practises, it is ungodly, u can as well see all the pictures i posted. am bold to say it.i can only speak of whati know and have seen.

You r jst rytin a hell lot of stories..... Itz obvious nothing can be put into ur basket brain, so no need explainin stuff 2u anymore.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 6:07am On Apr 04, 2013
peteregwu:

My friend sharaap joor.Many members of your apron worshipping church have come out to accuse him of defrauding them. Is that not enough evidence.Even his co-partner with whom he started the business was duped of his investments amounting to over 300million naira.Face it dude.

You fools do not even worship the true God but rather a demon whom you call "the god of chosen"
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 04, 2013
chukwudi44:

My friend sharaap joor.Many members of your apron worshipping church have come out to accuse him of defrauding them. Is that not enough evidence.Even his co-partner with whom he started the business was duped of his investments amounting to over 300million naira.Face it dude.

You fools do not even worship the true God but rather a demon whom you call "the god of chosen"
the pope and 85% of MOG's are false so separate yourselve from these babylon churches.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 8:23am On Apr 04, 2013
Missonas:

No because images dnt talk.bt we have had so many pple give testimonies as to the way we choose to live our lives which is different 4rm d path Jesus told us to.im sure u wud undrstand dis because frm of old we have been made 2undrstand dat dreams and visions are indeed real
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 8:51am On Apr 04, 2013
Missonas:

No because images dnt talk.bt we have had so many pple give testimonies as to the way we choose to live our lives which is different 4rm d path Jesus told us to.im sure u wud undrstand dis because frm of old we have been made 2undrstand dat dreams and visions are indeed real

Thank you dear. Even the pagans give testimonies in their shrine. They also dream dreams. If demons are working through the images for them, that is it for them. They are not Christians.

If you are a Christian and want to follow Christ, then you have to worship God in truth and in spirit.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 9:05am On Apr 04, 2013
Missonas:

Im quite sure u did not read through this thread properly as dis has been explained already.We believe that Jesus is the Only Way to God bt we also believe that the Holy spirit which Jesus gave to us as Our Counsellor intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.our main aim is to get to Christ hwevr means we employ along the way its 4rm our heart to Christ's ears.read romans 8:26-27.

the bolded is where you get it wrong. You don't do it however you want. Christ said, "worship God in TRUTH."

The spirit searched the hearts of the samaritans and saw that they fear God but they worship idol. The means they were using was wrong.

You don't kneel be an idol to pray, hoping to receive answers from God. No! It is amadioha that will answer. I don't mean you in particular. cheesy
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 9:19am On Apr 04, 2013
Missonas:

Who is Baal??we dnt av images of snakes and d likes.when u think of Jesus how do u imagine him in ur mind's eye?we depicted that in pictures and statues though we dnt noe aw they all luk lyk we jst imagine.these patron saints all lived deir lives in the Service of GOD.when u read the lives of these saints(use google)then u wud c d difference. Mary was priviledged to be the mother of our saviour we using dat priviledge dnt fault us.2us d saints have never and will never equal Our God or His Son.

1 How can you be in love with me while you use ijawkid's picture to imagine me in you heart? angry angry

2 You can't use another man's picture to imagine and feel Christ. You feel that man not Christ.

Ask yourself how sure you are that the different pictures you are using are of Christ. See how all of them differ.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 9:26am On Apr 04, 2013
Ubenedictus: was it the servants who went and said "they have no wine"? A simple yes or no will do.

NO.

So is my "no" answer the reason why catholics pray to Mary?

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 9:32am On Apr 04, 2013
mumumugu: WAR + SHIP =WARSHIP

mumu+mugu=mumumugu

Please change your name or your character.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 11:57am On Apr 04, 2013
Boomark:

NO.

So is my "no" answer the reason why catholics pray to Mary?
it shows what she can do
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
Ubenedictus: it shows what she can do

she can do nothing, she is dead , though she will rise again smiley

Stop worshiping the queen of heaven my brother !

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by ijawkid(m): 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2013
she can do nothing.....angry
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Freksy(m): 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
Omenuko:

I see, so if we use you definition of worship:

Then the mere fact of standing and holding one's hand to the chest to salute the flag during the singing of the national anthem is worship (i.e., worshiping the national flag - idol worship)...the act of performing the yoruba doba'le or the east asian bow to a person is an act of worship (i.e., worshiping individuals - worshiping man)...the act of kneeling, kissing, or even touching royalty or esteemed individuals is worship (i.e., worshiping earthly kings). Surely, your definition of worship is too broad, because by merely giving respect or honor to anything, idea, or person will fall into your category of worship.

Devotional things = things you do that are connected or related to religious service. Example, prayer and your church songs are devotional things. If you pray or sing before an image as part of your religious service, that is worship.

If you bow, prostrate, kneel, kiss etc as a form of greeting, depending on your custom, they are nothing but greetings. On the other hand, if you do the same things, even before the same person(s) as part of your devotional things (religious service), they are no more greetings, but worship.

Can you please expand on how the Bible declares all of the above, including your assessment of catholic veneration, as sinful.

Yes, but before we go into the bible let understand what 'worship' entails. Can you kindly consult your dictionary for the meaning of 'devotional' to enable you understand my definition/ explanation better and as well tell me what you think worship is?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 7:52pm On Apr 04, 2013

What she did was for those that don't know Christ. Abi?

So are you saying that since Catholics don't know Christ, Mary has to continually intervene and beg on their behalf as they pray to her?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
peteregwu:
so, u dont know dat illuminati is rulling d catholic? thats y whenever they select a new pope, rituals is involved. thats y everythin is don in secretcy. well, i know u wont believe me for any reason. now look at the pictures i posted, a pope , kneeling before a skull and kissing a quran. my friend u need to run out of that church and pray God to reveal a church where u can worship Him in truth and in spirit. today pope went to pauls grave to pray is that an abomination, praying to the dead. God is showing His people all this things for u to run, bu u prefer to remain under the authority of satan.

Cant believe in d authenticity of dose pix.cant evn view em properly as im using a fone.FYI i am NOT unda d authority of satan,dnt use dose words.thkyu
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 8:11pm On Apr 04, 2013
peteregwu:

Illuminati?seriously??awww y'all jst dnt get it.allow the Holy spirit to work in you.i mean freeeee urself brov.May God help us to understand the things dat we dont.Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Happy Father's Day / Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? / Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.