Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,517 members, 7,940,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 02:43 PM

In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) (9633 Views)

Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation / Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs / Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Richieboyn: 6:56am On Mar 31, 2013
ijawkid:

E dey even surprise me to see how UBE them go twist that incidence to suit the worship of mary........angry...........

How many times did people approach mary to beg Jesus in behalf of them.........

Smh!!!!........

itz 'ON' behalf not 'in' behalf
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 11:16am On Mar 31, 2013
Boomark: Anthonypeters, just ask them who are the saints they pray to and you will see them stammer. discuss Rev 12 with them and they will insult you and bolt away in v6. Christ is the mediator between God and Man. It must be a Man. be it a man praying to God direct or a man praying for 200 men, it must surely be prayers of men not spirits or dead people. with Christ at the center.

Mary has never asked and received anything on behalf anybody who prayed. the people at the wedding in cana went to Christ and asked and they received.
Anthony, you made a very beautiful choice.
@ bookmark the above is what you wrote! So tell me which people at cana went to Jesus and recieved?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 12:30pm On Mar 31, 2013
A Special shout-out to all who had their First Holy Communion today.my prayer for you all is that you may attain spiritual understanding with the help of The Holy Spirit.and for those of us long standing catholics, whoever told you that he was going to be easy * smiles* .THE RISEN LORD is our STRENGTH.Happy Easter!!!!! A Special shout-out to all who had their First Holy Communion today.my prayer for you all is that you may attain spiritual understanding with the help of The Holy Spirit.and for those of us long standing catholics, whoever told you that he was going to be easy .THE RISEN LORD is our STRENGTH.Happy Easter!!!!![/color][color=#770077]
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 9:47pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: @ bookmark the above is what you wrote! So tell me which people at cana went to Jesus and recieved?

You are using this to avoid the questions above but i will answer you.

Jn 2:5
His mother said to the servants, "whatever He says to you, do it."

Was it Mary or the servants that set the 6 water pot of stone before Christ, v6?

Who filled them with water in v7?

You catholics disobey/dishonour Mary. She said, "whatever He(Christ) says to you, do it." Do you people honour that by going to God through Christ when you are in need? Christ never instructed anyone to go to Mary and ask for help. Do you catholics respect her words on this?

No wonder her statue is always crying blood in your church when it should be happy and smiling.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by ijawkid(m): 10:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
Boomark:

Was it Mary or the servants that set the 6 water pot of stone before Christ, v6?

You catholics disobey/dishonour Mary. She said, "whatever He(Christ) says to you, do it." Do you people honour that by going to God through Christ when you are in need? Christ never instructed anyone to go to Mary and ask for help. Do you catholics respect her words on this?

No wonder her statue is always crying blood in your church when it should be happy and smiling.

thank u my bro for asking this question o...cheesy
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 11:46pm On Apr 01, 2013
Boomark:
You catholics disobey/dishonour Mary.

Luk arnd u brov watz 2b happy and smiling about?d last thg i want 2do is 2sound self righteous.our sins,d sins of dis world r d reasons 4dat sad and mournful look.nw y wud we make a statue dat wud make us luk bad 2d world if really we are d HYPOCRITES y'all kip saying we are
PS-thankGod u saw through d stature.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 11:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
[quote author=Boomark]
You are using this to avoid the questions above but i will answer you.His mother said to the servants, "whatever He says to you, do it."

Please state ur point clearly.wat is it dat Christ asks us to do that we dont do?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 5:49am On Apr 02, 2013
Missonas:

Luk arnd u brov watz 2b happy and smiling about?d last thg i want 2do is 2sound self righteous.our sins,d sins of dis world r d reasons 4dat sad and mournful look.nw y wud we make a statue dat wud make us luk bad 2d world if really we are d HYPOCRITES y'all kip saying we are
PS-thankGod u saw through d stature.

Did the crying image tell you that it was crying because of the sins of the world?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 6:40am On Apr 02, 2013
Missonas: You are using this to avoid the questions above but i will answer you.His mother said to the servants , "whatever He says to you, do it."
Please state ur point clearly.wat is it dat Christ asks us to do that we dont do?

Christ told us to worship the FATHER in SPIRIT and in TRUTH, Jn 4:23. Worship belongs to the Father. He was talking with a samaritan who worship idol but feared God, 2kings 17:29-33. Images have no place in such worship to the Father.

He said, "come unto me all of you that are heavily laden and i will give you rest." and so many other places he asked us to come to him, that he will help us. Why them will you turn to Mary and ask for help when he has said all these things to us? Do you respect his words/call on us by going to Mary? Or is Mary going to provide additional help that Christ could not provide on his own?

He is the only to the Father(unless you are not going to the Father). The only mediator between the Father and men(not spirit beings).

He called you all to always come to him, so do as he says.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 02, 2013
gboru: praying in front of a statue . Does it means worship? Its a form of adoration, honor. !!! Study more dude.

Wow! Dats so lame! So u don't worship the statues! Instead u adore and honor dem by bowing down to dem?? undecided
Ur pretty much confused!
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 02, 2013
gboru: praying in front of a statue . Does it means worship? Its a form of adoration, honor. !!! Study more dude.

Wow! Dats so lame! So u don't worship the statues! Instead u adore and honor dem by bowing down to dem?? undecided
Ur pretty much confused! !
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 02, 2013
If in the Bible, those who were referred to as Christians were those who followed Jesus teachings, why are catholics considered christians if they follow the teachings of many "teachers" and they praise idols? In the Ten Commandments, God says:

"3 Do not have any other gods before me.

4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me"

So how can catholics build all these saints and marys and bow down to them and praise them and call themselves Christians if the Bible calls them idolaters? An example of an idolater in the Bible was someone who praised Baal and Baal was the title of various gods who were patrons of cities. Catholics have patron saints!

So how can they be christians if they have patron saints? Whats the difference between their patron saints and the patron saints of baal??

And please.. answer the question, dont just say Im wrong. Im asking you why it is so. So...answer that please, thanks!
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2013
Boomark:

Did the crying image tell you that it was crying because of the sins of the world?

No because images dnt talk.bt we have had so many pple give testimonies as to the way we choose to live our lives which is different 4rm d path Jesus told us to.im sure u wud undrstand dis because frm of old we have been made 2undrstand dat dreams and visions are indeed real
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 11:00am On Apr 02, 2013
Boomark:

Christ told us to worship the FATHER in SPIRIT and in TRUTH, Jn 4:23. Worship belongs to the Father. He was talking with a samaritan who worship idol but feared God, 2kings 17:29-33. Images have no place in such worship to the Father.

He said, "come unto me all of you that are heavily laden and i will give you rest." and so many other places he asked us to come to him, that he will help us. Why them will you turn to Mary and ask for help when he has said all these things to us? Do you respect his words/call on us by going to Mary? Or is Mary going to provide additional help that Christ could not provide on his own?

He is the only to the Father(unless you are not going to the Father). The only mediator between the Father and men(not spirit beings).

He called you all to always come to him, so do as he says.

Im quite sure u did not read through this thread properly as dis has been explained already.We believe that Jesus is the Only Way to God bt we also believe that the Holy spirit which Jesus gave to us as Our Counsellor intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.our main aim is to get to Christ hwevr means we employ along the way its 4rm our heart to Christ's ears.read romans 8:26-27.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 02, 2013
Missonas:

Im quite sure u did not read through this thread properly as dis has been explained already.We believe that Jesus is the Only Way to God bt we also believe that the Holy spirit which Jesus gave to us as Our Counsellor intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.our main aim is to get to Christ hwevr means we employ along the way its 4rm our heart to Christ's ears.read romans 8:26-27.

There is only one Mediator, One Spirit and one Body.

You do not need to go to the dead to gain access to the living.

The living one , who lives forever more calls unto you to come to him directly, not through pagan rituals, idols and dead people.

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God." - Romans 5:1- 2

None of the Apostles prayed to Mary or practiced idolatry, you need to ask yourself where these Pagan traditions have come from , rather than blindly follow the Son of perdition to his perpetual destruction.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 11:18am On Apr 02, 2013
carr96: If in the Bible, those who were referred to as Christians were those who followed Jesus teachings, why are catholics considered christians if they follow the teachings of many "teachers" and they praise idols? In the Ten Commandments, God says:

"3 Do not have any other gods before me.

4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me"

So how can catholics build all these saints and marys and bow down to them and praise them and call themselves Christians if the Bible calls them idolaters? An example of an idolater in the Bible was someone who praised Baal and Baal was the title of various gods who were patrons of cities. Catholics have patron saints!

So how can they be christians if they have patron saints? Whats the difference between their patron saints and the patron saints of baal??

And please.. answer the question, dont just say Im wrong. Im asking you why it is so. So...answer that please, thanks!

Who is Baal??we dnt av images of snakes and d likes.when u think of Jesus how do u imagine him in ur mind's eye?we depicted that in pictures and statues though we dnt noe aw they all luk lyk we jst imagine.these patron saints all lived deir lives in the Service of GOD.when u read the lives of these saints(use google)then u wud c d difference. Mary was priviledged to be the mother of our saviour we using dat priviledge dnt fault us.2us d saints have never and will never equal Our God or His Son.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 11:21am On Apr 02, 2013
frosbel:

There is only one Mediator, One Spirit and one Body.

You do not need to go to the dead to gain access to the living.

The living one , who lives forever more calls unto you to come to him directly, not through pagan rituals, idols and dead people.

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God." - Romans 5:1- 2

None of the Apostles prayed to Mary or practiced idolatry, you need to ask yourself where these Pagan traditions have come from , rather than blindly follow the Son of perdition to his perpetual destruction.

With Jesus' resurrection we have conquered death and so we have eternal life.with Christ there is no death!!
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 02, 2013
Missonas:

With Jesus' resurrection we have conquered death and so we have eternal life.with Christ there is no death!!

Perfect !!

So throw away those Pagan beads, stop bowing to Mary, all you need is JESUS, nothing else smiley
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 12:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
Ko le ye won!
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
frosbel:

Perfect !!

So throw away those Pagan beads, stop bowing to Mary, all you need is JESUS, nothing else smiley

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2013
i just wonder what the book they are going to use to back up their false worship of Jesus. because most of their doctrines os not backed up by the bible, maybe they will use quran.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
its high time catholic start being true christians, and stop being double faced.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
tobechi74: Having. Observed series of thread createdagainst catholic . I have decided to answer some misunderstanding on the issue.
:-

do CATHOLIC WORSHIP ANOTHER AS GOD ?

No.Only God shud be worshiped

BUT CATHOLICS Bow TO statue.DRAWING,PAINTING,Etc

yes. To reflect on the life and behavior of such person on longer in existence.

Exodus says DONT MAKE ANY GRAVEN IMAGE OR WHAT IS IN HEAVEN.ABOVE THE EARTH OR BELOW THE EARTH. Foot worship Or SERVE THEM

Catholics dont break that command

THeY DO

before such command is broken,there must be three factors

Making of images
bowing to images
worshiping images

all three must be present

THE BIBLE PROHIBIT USE OF IMAGES,

no. God commanded making bronze snake. He is against bowing and worshiping.

IS BOWING NOT THE SAME AS WORSHIPING?

No. Lawyers any before judge and even call them my lord. Children prostate before their parents in western nigeria. Does this mean worship?

No.

u are absolutely wrong and u are misleading your gullible members, by misconstruing the bible. read the passage below carefully and not be double minded about it.
Exodus 20:3-5 KJV
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me. [4] Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: [5] Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;"

the bible says, 1. dont make the images of any kind claiming to be anyone or representing anynody. 2. dont bow to them.
this is very simple to understand, you dont even need a pastor to teach you, as simple as abc.
now, i have worshipped in catholic before..they worship mary, pray to mary and use chaplets or rosary to pray like muslims, is this not abomination before God. denying the Lordship of Jesus and embracing the Lordship of mary(satan indirectly).

Matthew 1:21 KJV
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."
Jesus is the only one that forgives and takes away, i is no mary. mary was a creating being and she is dead. even all the prophets are dead and no more liv at the moment. but Jesus is never a created being, He is the one that created me and you an everything in existence. Jesus died and the third day ressurected for our justification...and He is alive forever. so, what comparison or equality does mary has with Jesus. Jesus is God and who is mary? mary is just a human being like me and u.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Ubenedictus(m): 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
Boomark:

was it the servants who went and said "they have no wine"? A simple yes or no will do.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Omenuko(m): 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2013
peteregwu:

u are absolutely wrong and u are misleading your gullible members, by misconstruing the bible. read the passage below carefully and not be double minded about it.
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me. [4] Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: [5] Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;"

the bible says, 1. dont make the images of any kind claiming to be anyone or representing anynody. 2. dont bow to them.
this is very simple to understand, you dont even need a pastor to teach you, as simple as abc.
now, i have worshipped in catholic before..they worship mary, pray to mary and use chaplets or rosary to pray like muslims, is this not abomination before God. denying the Lordship of Jesus and embracing the Lordship of mary(satan indirectly).

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."
Jesus is the only one that forgives and takes away, i is no mary. mary was a creating being and she is dead. even all the prophets are dead and no more liv at the moment. but Jesus is never a created being, He is the one that created me and you an everything in existence. Jesus died and the third day ressurected for our justification...and He is alive forever. so, what comparison or equality does mary has with Jesus. Jesus is God and who is mary? mary is just a human being like me and u.

The Catholic Church teaches that Jesus is to be worshiped because he is God. The Church also teaches that the Blessed Virgin Mary is to be honored because she did the will of God. Note: Jesus is God and Mary is a created being. Please provide Church teaching where it states we should worship Mary.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by jaymichael(m): 11:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
you pray in front of a statue, you adore a statue, you honour a statue, and you say you dont worship that statue.. tell me now what is worship?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Omenuko(m): 11:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
jaymichael: you pray in front of a statue, you adore a statue, you honour a statue, and you say you dont worship that statue.. tell me now what is worship?

Please define what is meant by worship.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by jaymichael(m): 11:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by mumumugu(m): 11:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
peteregwu: i just wonder what the book they are going to use to back up their false worship of Jesus. because most of their doctrines os not backed up by the bible, maybe they will use quran.
are all scripure contained in the bible?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by mumumugu(m): 11:39pm On Apr 02, 2013
peteregwu:

WAOOOW, SO BIBLE PROHIBIT USE OF IMAGES. Let ME GO AND TELL PASTOR OYEDEPO TO REMOVE ALL HIS PICTURES
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by mumumugu(m): 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
Omenuko:

Please define what is meant by worship.
WAR + SHIP =WARSHIP
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by peteregwu(m): 2:17am On Apr 03, 2013
mumumugu: WAOOOW, SO BIBLE PROHIBIT USE OF IMAGES. Let ME GO AND TELL PASTOR OYEDEPO TO REMOVE ALL HIS PICTURES

yes now, dats y its gud for us to read d bible ourselves also.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nairaland Petition To Tax Religious Bodies / What Is The Difference Between Faith And Hope? / What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.