Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,112 members, 7,880,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:30 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (594939 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
jenkord: I Just got the Medical Examination Instructions.

Wow!!!! 9th of may.
That's great!!!

Congrats bro, who's ur sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
nicemax:

@ all

Apart from affidavit of support, is there any other supporting documents that one needs to notarized?

No...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:07pm On Jun 12, 2013
g-rock:
pls kindly advice..
i recieved instruction to pay the full tuition and board. but the problem now is that i really dont have money for board cos it was not budgeted with my plans yet.
1. my concerns are that i will like to stay off campus and also see the place i will stay b4 i pay.

2. i also have some pple that can accomodate me for a while(till when i get accomodation) when i land in canada, its just that their house is like one and half hour to the skool is this kind of distance acceptable for application? if so, what do i need to present to the embassy to convince them of this?

3. i contacted the skool to xplain that i cant pay for accomodation until i see the place . so they attached a letter to present the embassy.

Homestay Confirmation
For International Students
(This confirmation is finalized when proof of visa approval is received.)
June 12, 2013
To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is to confirm that Mr. ************, will be residing with a host family during his studies in Environmental Mgmt/Assessment at Niagara College.
The host family will be:
xxxxxxx
The cost of living with a host family is $650 Canadian per month. First and last month’s fee are due upon the students’ arrival, a total of $1300 Canadian. The student will need to continue paying on the first of each month for the time that he continues to live with a host family in the region of the Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus.
Your Homestay fee includes a private bedroom with a bed, desk, chair, dresser and closet for your clothes. It also includes your meals and internet access for your computer.
Please note that homestay families may be changed without notice to the student if deemed necessary by the International Housing Coordinator. Although the family may change, the fees remain constant. If you have any questions, please contact me at any time.
Sincerely,
Brenda Bronson
International Housing Coordinator

pls is this letter acceptable in the embassy? pls i need advise. thanks
...before I comment...remove the names and address of these people...u blank out ur own name....con put other people and home address on blast....ki lo de....this is absolutely wrong...remove it ASAP....tax

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:12pm On Jun 12, 2013
jenkord: I Just got the Medical Examination Instructions.

Submitted 9th may and got a medical instruction already!!!

Congrats on the speed of ur visa processing...urs is a unique one.
It seems the documents you submitted must have required very strightforward confirmation processes. Please kindly list them for all to share.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 10:12pm On Jun 12, 2013
accra2005:
Congrats
@Accra have u bin called 4 medicals yet? If so pls I have some questions I need to ask you.
And @Sampitts bros, I need your help. I just got my medical call.

Please how much is the medical going to cost?

And Thanx Evrione!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by grock1(m): 10:27pm On Jun 12, 2013
Siga: ...before I comment...remove the names and address of these people...u blank out ur own name....con put other people and home address on blast....ki lo de....this is absolutely wrong...remove it ASAP....tax

im sorry, my bad sad. iv done dat. pls can u comment now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
g-rock:

im sorry, my bad sad. iv done dat. pls can u comment now
......Excellent....the Homestay letter is very good....its acceptable...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by grock1(m): 10:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
Siga: ......Excellent....the Homestay letter is very good....its acceptable...

really? shocked......wow, thanks im so happy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2013
Onye oma:

No...

Thanks @ onyeoma, u r onyeoma indeed.

Best wishes,
Nicemax.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by snuteria: 11:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
Hello house, no one seems to answer my question:

ADVICE TO EVERYONE[color=#990000][/color]

Please keep all documents for every payment, receipts, police report photocopies etc you use for your visa application, I have been in canada for 18 months now, almost done with my program. I applied for a job and they requested for the police report I submitted during visa application, and I realize I dont have the photocopy of the document, so I missed that opportunity.

NOW: a friend need to extend his visa here and was asked to show proof that he did medicals during his visa application, by either presenting the receipt of payment for medical or anything but he also cant find his receipt and photocopy, He intends coming down to nigeria to Marien hospital Yaba, as he has no other option and couldnt get the phone number of the hospital.

PLEASE for those called for medicals, the slip contains the phone number of the designated clinics for medical exams, Pleas, I do need the phone number of Marien Clinic, in Yaba, so my friend can ask for his receipt if they can even find it, rather than traveling down.

I await your response. thanks all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
snuteria: Hello house, no one seems to answer my question:

ADVICE TO EVERYONE[color=#990000][/color]

Please keep all documents for every payment, receipts, police report photocopies etc you use for your visa application, I have been in canada for 18 months now, almost done with my program. I applied for a job and they requested for the police report I submitted during visa application, and I realize I dont have the photocopy of the document, so I missed that opportunity.

NOW: a friend need to extend his visa here and was asked to show proof that he did medicals during his visa application, by either presenting the receipt of payment for medical or anything but he also cant find his receipt and photocopy, He intends coming down to nigeria to Marien hospital Yaba, as he has no other option and couldnt get the phone number of the hospital.

PLEASE for those called for medicals, the slip contains the phone number of the designated clinics for medical exams, Pleas, I do need the phone number of Marien Clinic, in Yaba, so my friend can ask for his receipt if they can even find it, rather than traveling down.

I await your response. thanks all.

.....I am not sure about a job asking about ur Nigerian Police Report....most jobs only ask about Canadian Police report....never had anyone ask of Nigerian one to work in Canada after studies...

The second part...Medical reports are only valid for one year ...so, if your friend was in Canada for over a yr...I am not sure Canadian Immigration can still use same Medical report bro...

I studied in Canada and extended my permit back then and nothing like this was asked....besides...nothing of such is on the checklist....
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5555E.pdf
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 11:22pm On Jun 12, 2013
@ all can an applicant pay half tuition fees and half accommodation fees when cdhc ask him or her to pay for full tuition fees and accommodation fees.

Please how can an applicant convince the cdhc officer inorder to pay for half tuition fees and accommodation fees.

Thanks,

Nicemax.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:25pm On Jun 12, 2013
nicemax: @ all can an applicant pay half tuition fees and half accommodation fees when cdhc ask him or her to pay for full tuition fees and accommodation fees.

Please how can an applicant convince the cdhc officer inorder to pay for half tuition fees and accommodation fees.

Thanks,

Nicemax.
..... Pay half at your own PERIL....point blank period...U wan pay half when u fill form say u have enough funds to support your studies...that means all the stuffs u fill for form is FALSE...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
nicemax: @ all can an applicant pay half tuition fees and half accommodation fees when cdhc ask him or her to pay for full tuition fees and accommodation fees.

Thanks,

Nicemax.

Lmaooo....you won negotiate with CDHC or Wetin?...loooooolzz
Well, i've never seen such case.

If you're asked to pay full tuition n accommodation, you can (must) pay the full tuition n leave d accommodation. But you have to give a reasonable explanation n evidence on y you won't pay for accommodation.
For example, G-rock's homestay letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by snuteria: 11:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
@ SIga,
It is not for you to counter my request, if you have the information I am looking for, please respond and stop the experience stuff you are trying to prove. I wanted to work for canada post and police report is required if you've not lived in canada for 5 years. same applies to my friend here for medical report, If you dont have answer to my question, keep quiet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
snuteria: @ SIga,
It is not for you to counter my request, if you have the information I am looking for, please respond and stop the experience stuff you are trying to prove. I wanted to work for canada post and police report is required if you've not lived in canada for 5 years. same applies to my friend here for medical report, If you dont have answer to my question, keep quiet.
.....Nice one...Thanks for the insult bro...I gbadun am.....the initial question u posted about police report was half baked...next time be more clear....

As per the medicals...wat did I say that is wrong....

And as per u flapping ur gums that I keep talking about experience...U tell me how many people in ur life u have blessed with ur own experience.....

Please embrace internet ...checklist dey there...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by honourableseyi: 11:57pm On Jun 12, 2013

That is rude, unity is what has been driving this forum for a very long time. You asked a question because you know less than who will give you the answer to that question. If you look at the comments very well, he said " he is not sure" since nobody ask him of those things when he did his own. You should have re-presented your question in a modest way for you to get more answers even if not from Siga but from other house members. But looking at your reply to siga, what do you think other people will do to your post? they will want to back off. One house bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by snuteria: 12:30am On Jun 13, 2013
@ Siga

Sorry for that, I was expecting a response, only to find yours as though I that posted don't know what I am doing. Well for people I have blessed its not for me to mention here, as you can see, I am in the process of helping someone find a way out of his situation that's why I posted the request here.

If my response offends you, I sincerely apologise for that.

Take care all, I guess no one has a response to my question... so all the best everyone.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:35am On Jun 13, 2013
snuteria: @ Siga

Sorry for that, I was expecting a response, only to find yours as though I that posted don't know what I am doing. Well for people I have blessed its not for me to mention here, as you can see, I am in the process of helping someone find a way out of his situation that's why I posted the request here.

If my response offends you, I sincerely apologise for that.

Take care all, I guess no one has a response to my question... so all the best everyone.
....I accept ur apology and I tender my in response....

Look, we are all passionate people and when u have something that ur destiny hangs on and u need answers....u become passionate and at times aggressive....

Correct me if I am wrong....when u were called for the Naija Police Report....was it BackCheck from Alberta that called u?...Cos most companies use those guys....U can advise them u cant secure a police report cos u cant afford to go to Nigeria as u have no one to assist...they have the links to get it themselves....they do this all the time....

As per ur friend...u can see the checklist link I posted...there is no mention of the medical report....so, thats why I said wat I said....not to counter what u say....

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 1:17am On Jun 13, 2013
2-chains:
I just got called for my medical guys!!!!! I'm so shocked!!! I submitted my application online on April 26th I'm soooo happy.

Congrats bro. Seems you opened the online application route from 9ja on a very good note. You have instilled more confidence on the rest of us to follow suit. Pls did you upload the police clearance certificate while applying? Thank you for your anticipated response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ifegy: 3:44am On Jun 13, 2013
@snuteria, further to the point about police reports, they are typically only valid for a limited period of time after issue (e.g., 6-12 months), so that the initial police report you obtained 18 months ago may no longer be utilizable. And, yes, it is unusual to be asked for a police report from your home country for jobs here. Just an indicator that, as has been pointed out, you might want to (if you can) circle back to the requesters to clarify things with them and figure out how best to meet their requirements....
All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Jokzoh: 4:28am On Jun 13, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Jokzoh: 4:29am On Jun 13, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Awesome, see you in Canada and please bring me gala oh (Please that was a joke, cos they wont allow the sausage into the country and you dont wanna start on a wrong foot) . . . Congrats and looking forward to good news from the rest as well.

@Fhemmmy, Egbon check your mail
(Femmmy.moto@gmail.com) I sent you a short
note. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tstonch: 5:22am On Jun 13, 2013
g-rock:
pls kindly advice..
i recieved instruction to pay the full tuition and board. but the problem now is that i really dont have money for board cos it was not budgeted with my plans yet.
my concerns are that i will like to stay off campus and also see the place i will stay b4 i pay.

i also have some pple that can accomodate me for a while (untill when i get my own accomodation)in canada, its just that their house is like one and half hour to the skool is this kind of distance acceptable for application? if so, what do i need to present to the embassy to convince them of this?

i contacted the skool to xplain that i cant pay for accomodation until i see the place . so they attached a letter to present to the embassy.

Homestay Confirmation
For International Students
(This confirmation is finalized when proof of visa approval is received.)
June 12, 2013
To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is to confirm that Mr. ************, will be residing with a host family during his studies in Environmental Mgmt/Assessment at Niagara College.
The host family will be:

Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON

The cost of living with a host family is $650 Canadian per month. First and last month’s fee are due upon the students’ arrival, a total of $1300 Canadian. The student will need to continue paying on the first of each month for the time that he continues to live with a host family in the region of the Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus.
Your Homestay fee includes a private bedroom with a bed, desk, chair, dresser and closet for your clothes. It also includes your meals and internet access for your computer.
Please note that homestay families may be changed without notice to the student if deemed necessary by the International Housing Coordinator. Although the family may change, the fees remain constant. If you have any questions, please contact me at any time.
Sincerely,

International Housing Coordinator

pls is this letter acceptable in the embassy? pls i need advise. thanks

please may i know the web address of the home stay people, i need to arrange one for myself before my application is submitted. as for acceptance, sure the embassy will find it convincing if you pay up the 1,300 dollars as stated and attach your receipt to them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teapea8484(m): 5:39am On Jun 13, 2013
jenkord: I have been asked to submit receipt of one year tuition fee and board latest July 11. Submitted application online 9th of May.
I didn't get instruction for medicals.
Which school did u gain admission in too ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 6:23am On Jun 13, 2013
smile13:

Congrats bro. Seems you opened the online application route from 9ja on a very good note. You have instilled more confidence on the rest of us to follow suit. Pls did you upload the police clearance certificate while applying? Thank you for your anticipated response.

Yes I did to be honest.
What I did was at the part it said upload letter of explanation, I scanned my letter of explanation, birth certificate, police clearance into the same document and uploaded it there.
Although say nah oversabi but I just figured that if they see it then I wouldn't be requested to send it later on. And no I wasn't asked for it afterwards.

PS: it might not be relevant.
PS, PS: sampitts was the pioneer of the online method on this page of the thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 6:24am On Jun 13, 2013
@ceo cash. Pls I need to ask you a few questions. And please Sampitts!!! Where are you oh oga? I wan ask u sumthng.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 6:31am On Jun 13, 2013
congratulations to all guys/gals with TRV and medical callup.. nice to see many progress..
and @siga.. i salute u.. not tryin to kiss ass but i admire d way u shrug off small small insults.. m not sure m that patient (yet) cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:36am On Jun 13, 2013

You don't have to go rude because someone expressed his opinion. Let us act as the civil people we are expected to be.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by grock1(m): 8:40am On Jun 13, 2013
tstonch:

please may i know the web address of the home stay people, i need to arrange one for myself before my application is submitted. as for acceptance, sure the embassy will find it convincing if you pay up the 1,300 dollars as stated and attach your receipt to them.

na my skool find am for me.contact the accomodation department of ur skool.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:40am On Jun 13, 2013
2-chains:

Yes I did to be honest.
What I did was at the part it said upload letter of explanation, I scanned my letter of explanation, birth certificate, police clearance into the same document and uploaded it there.
Although say nah oversabi but I just figured that if they see it then I wouldn't be requested to send it later on. And no I wasn't asked for it afterwards.

PS: it might not be relevant.
PS, PS: sampitts was the pioneer of the online method on this page of the thread.

Its no oversabi bro. Its about ensuring all other documents relevant were submitted. I still keep advising people to go the online route as it is safer and it ensures you keep your originals to yourself in case you need them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tolulopepeter: 8:50am On Jun 13, 2013
Please house, I submitted my application on the 5th of April at VAC but I haven't heard anything...please, what do u advise or think? This is the 10th week.
NB : I didn't add letter of intent becos it was not in the checklist.
NB : Please, don't console me..just sincere with me...

I will appreciate your responses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.