Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,671 members, 7,889,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:46 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (596005 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:56am On Jul 16, 2013
hayek: @Pat98: Are you saying at the end of the 4th week, I should approach them that I would like to submit my passport? Would that not amount to jumping the gun? I think they ought to send email/notification to the effect that I should send in my passport.

4th week seem a long time. Once you are done with your medicals, you can approach them to let them know that you never got any instruction on how to turn in your passport and they will surely advice you on what next.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 11:59am On Jul 16, 2013
In my case, I wasnt told to pay for tuition or boarding, that means I would simply send them my passport alone and if they require additional documents they would request for them. Right?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:59am On Jul 16, 2013
earthgreeners: I received a letter from my supervisor .... do I need to forward same to the embassy

Congratulations for receiving acceptance to the Natural Resources Institute master program at the University of Manitoba starting in the 2013/2014 school year. I am pleased to be in the position to supervise you and offer you a paid position for $12,000 for this year only at $25.00 per hour for 40 hours/month in the case you do not receive scholarships. You will be part of an exciting research team that is working with community co-ordinators in northern Manitoba. Please note that my funding for you will come from contracts and so are related to tasks that have to be accomplished for work in northern Manitoba related to traditional land use and First Nations in northern Manitoba. This is an area that you should consider as a focus for your thesis. I will also require that you take several courses including NRI7340 and NRI7170 for the first term to get some necessary training for this area.

Print and go add to your application asap. It even reduces the stress on them to check your financial documents. If possible, turn it in bcob today quoting your application number or tracking number if you don't have that. BTW, Congratulations!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 12:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
Really happy for my pal that got called since 12th of [color=#006600][/color]July but just saw it today....was told to pick up his TRV...THOUGH he had applied last year..did medicals...was then told to pick a new start date.we both applied(paper application) in May.He applied 10th of May and has now gotten TRV....But he did something interesting...He sent a long passionate mail two days before he was given+Faith in scriptures(Amos 9v13) and I think dis did the job!
By and large, sending mails to these guys....honestly,doesnt do any harm!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Pat98: 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

4th week seem a long time. Once you are done with your medicals, you can approach them to let them know that you never got any instruction on how to turn in your passport and they will surely advice you on what next.

Anyway by the 4th week, they should have received your medical results. Its a kind of tactical approach...but I guess approaching them early may not be bad..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 12:16pm On Jul 16, 2013
@Pat98: Lets get this clear folks. By the end of 4th week, I send them my passport at CDHC or write them on further instructions through email?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
hayek: @Pat98: Lets get this clear folks. By the end of 4th week, I send them my passport at CDHC or write them on further instructions through email?

Just go to the lag embassy with your passport and fees receipt then fill that form. Quote that you haven't been communicated with further instructions concerning your application and carry any proof that you have to show you have been called for medicals and have done it. Maybe by the next day they can tell you what to submit or maybe that day.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
Please, I need your help. I have my UCI number, application number and IME number. My problem is I have not been able to track using vac website. Can I use any of those numbers to track? How do I go about it please? I tried the site already and saw something like tracking number. I don't have that. I don't know if my agency is with it since they did sending of the documents and all to Vac
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2013

Another question is are the medicals really processed in France? That's what I'm hearing just now...

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 12:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
GboyegaD: Print and go add to your application asap. It even reduces the stress on them to check your financial documents. If possible, turn it in bcob today quoting your application number or tracking number if you don't have that. BTW, Congratulations!!!

Thanks Bro, I would do it tomorrow
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
Please, can someone please answer me?

uchi4jah: Please, I need your help. I have my UCI number, application number and IME number. My problem is I have not been able to track using vac website. Can I use any of those numbers to track? How do I go about it please? I tried the site already and saw something like tracking number. I don't have that. I don't know if my agency is with it since they did sending of the documents and all to Vac
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Pat98: 1:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
2-chains:

Just go to the lag embassy with your passport and fees receipt then fill that form. Quote that you haven't been communicated with further instructions concerning your application and carry any proof that you have to show you have been called for medicals and have done it. Maybe by the next day they can tell you what to submit or maybe that day.

Spot On
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by saintmentor: 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
kudos to everyone in the house......all doing a great job.......i pray that all our expectations will never be cut short in JESUS name

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by librasat: 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
kjbobo: Really happy for my pal that got called since 12th of July but just saw it today....was told to pick up his TRV...THOUGH he had applied last year..did medicals...was then told to pick a new start date.we both applied(paper application) in May.He applied 10th of May and has now gotten TRV....But he did something interesting...He sent a long passionate mail two days before he was given+Faith in scriptures(Amos 9v13) and I think dis did the job!
By and large, sending mails to these guys....honestly,doesnt do any harm!

May 2012 or 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kennieNicole: 2:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
I applied for a course in university of Alberta in Cananda and i've been given admission letter to resume next year January...It's a certificate course to be precise and i'm yet to start my visa arrangements due to the fact that i heard visa take a while to be granted here in Canadian embassy in Nigeria....kindly tell me how to go about the study permit of a thing....Pls, kindly tell me the necessary steps to take...Thanks in anticipation of your reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Pat98: 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
2-chains:

Just submitted my passport last two weeks Friday. So I'm waiting the TRV by the grace of God.

Here's hoping for your good news soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
kennie Nicole: I applied for a course in university of Alberta in Cananda and i've been given admission letter to resume next year January...It's a certificate course to be precise and i'm yet to start my visa arrangements due to the fact that i heard visa take a while to be granted here in Canadian embassy in Nigeria....kindly tell me how to go about the study permit of a thing....Pls, kindly tell me the necessary steps to take...Thanks in anticipation of your reply.

As u've written ursef it takes time so the earlier d better, in as much as you have all necessary documents which must be genuine. Check their web site for right informations and ask questions more on here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 5:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
dommakavelli:

May 2012 or 2013
May 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by addey101: 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2013
God,I only look up to you... This week must favor me and others . So shall it be.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by oghenet: 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
Hi guys. I have been silently following this forum and have learnt so much. Thank you. I submitted my paper application on May 8 2013 and got my medical call up today after 10 wks of waiting. Good luck guys.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2013
oghenet: Hi guys. I have been silently following this forum and have learnt so much. Thank you. I submitted my paper application on May 8 2013 and got my medical call up today after 10 wks of waiting. Good luck guys.

Congrats! The same God that did it for u will do it for us. Btw, which school are you heading to and what program? What papers did u submit and your financial status?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 9:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
oghenet: Hi guys. I have been silently following this forum and have learnt so much. Thank you. I submitted my paper application on May 8 2013 and got my medical call up today after 10 wks of waiting. Good luck guys.

Congats to u, i must admit that was a fast one, we r only expecting the april guys for medicals.

Run go do am sharply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by oghenet: 9:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
Chatters:

Congrats! The same God that did it for u will do it for us. Btw, which school are you heading to and what program? What papers did u submit and your financial status?

@Chatters: Thanks. My school : University of Toronto; Joseph L Rotman School of Management; MBA. I submitted the exact requirements on the CIC website; nothing more, and I had enough funds to cover for my first year tuition, accommodation and living costs, and a little more.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 10:21pm On Jul 16, 2013
Congrats Man. We thank God for you. I'm sure we getting more medical calls. And our upwards of two TRV's issued as I said in the onset of this week. Quote me when we get them...

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 12:14am On Jul 17, 2013
Any 1 heading or already in uni ottawa, pls I v few ?s
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:33am On Jul 17, 2013
oghenet:

@Chatters: Thanks. My school : University of Toronto; Joseph L Rotman School of Management; MBA. I submitted the exact requirements on the CIC website; nothing more, and I had enough funds to cover for my first year tuition, accommodation and living costs, and a little more.
...Let me personally congratulate u bro.... Rotmans ? ... U can never go wrong....let me know if u wanna be linked with Rotmans Alums....Big advise....come out with great results and u will be set...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by oghenet: 2:35am On Jul 17, 2013
Siga: ...Let me personally congratulate u bro.... Rotmans ? ... U can never go wrong....let me know if u wanna be linked with Rotmans Alums....Big advise....come out with great results and u will be set...
@Siga: Thanks boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by CONSTAINE: 4:13am On Jul 17, 2013
Y
Kzinne: please stop misleading people. like a poster mentioned no one here is a canadian immigration official and this is not an embassy. the best u could do us to refer any person with questions to the canadian govt immigration website - www.cic.gc.ca
You are a f*ol.do you thinK everyone is a criminal like you.who said people don't know about the website.i'm in canada if you don't know and i'm a student taking his ph.D.Canada needs your money,if you don't have it the money forget it,they deny ur visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by seedgie(m): 7:38am On Jul 17, 2013
Hello guys, good to see the house bumming as usual, whats new? @siga, @earthsgreener, etc. I took a break since CIC said I should relax and fix some other things for my self in Naija 1st. @CONSTAINE, pls take it easy oooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 8:10am On Jul 17, 2013
congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 17, 2013
Congrats
The God that did urs will do ours too

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.