Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,147 members, 7,887,329 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:52 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (595796 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by BizBloke(m): 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
bumdish:
University of Waterloo: https://uwaterloo.ca/conrad-business-entrepreneurship-technology/mbet
Carleton University: http://timprogram.ca/

Thanks, bro.

I sent a mail to Amanda (University of Waterloo), but for the second option, they need work experience which I don't have.

However, I'm adding more courses to my choice; courses that have elements of what I want to study in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.

Also, looking at France, too. They have lot of Entrepreneurship courses.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2013
For the late april or early may applicants yall just have to chill I don't think there's something like an application jumped queue, we all know its not a machine process, everything is been handled by human which means some are fast while some are slow so maybe you add to your prayers the kinda VO you want. Best of luck to all of us!

For new applicants, I actually tot of this and I think it should help, when you're using a sponsor that's not of your last name pls ensure you have a way of proving to d VO that it aint hired. Maybe u submit receipts of past assistance from him/her, you know the VO will definately go thru d acct so ensure that your own name appeared on the previous transactions maybe twice or more to show he/she had actually been helping you financially before now. Its just a trick hope yall cld digest wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
earthgreeners: LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (Fall 2013)
1) rexxy09 : April 29
2) nas-jay: May 2
3) dommakavelli: May 2
4) luckydon: May 2
5) Gymme: May 3
6) bumfem: May 6
7) Shadams: may 6
8 ) onuawuchi: May 7
9) librasat: May 7
10) galala123: May 7
11) kjbobo: May 7
12) azeezwl: May 8
13) Pwunmi: May 10

14) vooz : May 23
15) tebenezer80: May 28
16) freshdude: May 30
17) adewaleafolabi: May 30
18) ancient1: June 4
19) earthgreeners: June 11
20) efosa12345: June 13
21) donteejay: June 20

@bold, any news
@earthgreeners, you might just be mounting pressure on the already heightened anxiety. Guys would be the first to land here once they hear from CDHC/VAC especially if +ve. Feel you though!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 4:44pm On Jul 29, 2013

@bold, any news
@earthgreeners No news yet oo but forget @bold o...we are completely lost on the date.....Spoke with a friend who happens to be an agent...as at last week friday...they had call ups for May 20s.....
@galala123 How do I check a)the P.M?Havnt done one before?
Thanks....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nasjay: 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2013

@bold, any news

No respond, frist thing 2moro moni I will stop @ CDHC office, I need my passport if possible will draw my application, I will update d house
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 5:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
PlayPays: For the late april or early may applicants yall just have to chill I don't think there's something like an application jumped queue, we all know its not a machine process, everything is been handled by human which means some are fast while some are slow so maybe you add to your prayers the kinda VO you want. Best of luck to all of us!

For new applicants, I actually tot of this and I think it should help, when you're using a sponsor that's not of your last name pls ensure you have a way of proving to d VO that it aint hired. Maybe u submit receipts of past assistance from him/her, you know the VO will definately go thru d acct so ensure that your own name appeared on the previous transactions maybe twice or more to show he/she had actually been helping you financially before now. Its just a trick hope yall cld digest wink

Chill till when?.. though Im not worried cos I submitted late and I already anticipated the delay

I kept receiving this kinda msg from my supo

I look forward to meeting you in September or late August when your visa has cleared.

with enough articles and journals
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
bumdish:
@earthgreeners, you might just be mounting pressure on the already heightened anxiety. Guys would be the first to land here once they hear from CDHC/VAC especially if +ve. Feel you though!

its just that if most of us don't get medicals this week, we might not meet up with the Fall start date.... some schools don't have a January start date

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 5:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hi guys! Sorry It's been a while. Things got so so complicated for me, I got a little frustrated but I'm good now. CDHC wanted me to bring a new acceptance letter and funding letter for september start instead of the one i submited initially for may. I tried all I could to make sure the school send it, I was asked to apply for readmission by the school which I did. Then the delay started untill today that i recieved a news, i don't know if it's good or bad though. The news says that they could not secure funding for me for september but I'm guaranteed January and if i acccept January, they'll send the letters this week. CDHC called me 3 times requesting for the letters for september, But the school has moved it to January. I guess i'll have to accept it and explain to CDHC
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
sampitts: Hi guys! Sorry It's been a while. Things got so so complicated for me, I got a little frustrated but I'm good now. CDHC wanted me to bring a new acceptance letter and funding letter for september start instead of the one i submited initially for may. I tried all I could to make sure the school send it, I was asked to apply for readmission by the school which I did. Then the delay started untill today that i recieved a news, i don't know if it's good or bad though. The news says that they could not secure funding for me for september but I'm guaranteed January and if i acccept January, they'll send the letters this week. CDHC called me 3 times requesting for the letters for september, But the school has moved it to January. I guess i'll have to accept it and explain to CDHC

Bros, my advice is dat u shud chill till january....if you proceed wit admission without funding, e fit change mata for mathias o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 6:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
sampitts: Hi guys! Sorry It's been a while. Things got so so complicated for me, I got a little frustrated but I'm good now. CDHC wanted me to bring a new acceptance letter and funding letter for september start instead of the one i submited initially for may. I tried all I could to make sure the school send it, I was asked to apply for readmission by the school which I did. Then the delay started untill today that i recieved a news, i don't know if it's good or bad though. The news says that they could not secure funding for me for september but I'm guaranteed January and if i acccept January, they'll send the letters this week. CDHC called me 3 times requesting for the letters for september, But the school has moved it to January. I guess i'll have to accept it and explain to CDHC
.....Accept the new start date of January....send the new acceptance letter to CDHC advising them thats your new start date.... they should still be able to issue u visa....since all they asked you to do is pick a new start date and u just did...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by snugle: 6:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hello again Canada hopefuls, Hope everyone is doing great today. Im in the process of sending in my application, but one of my sponsors account has no transaction on it. He has had the funds domiciled in the account for a while without any need for it before deciding to divert the funds for my sponsorship. Will this pose any potential set back? The statement is just a one page printout stating the amount in it from January to July and no transactions.[b][/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
snugle: Hello again Canada hopefuls, Hope everyone is doing great today. Im in the process of sending in my application, but one of my sponsors account has no transaction on it. He has had the funds domiciled in the account for a while without any need for it before deciding to divert the funds for my sponsorship. Will this pose any potential set back? The statement is just a one page printout stating the amount in it from January to July and no transactions.[b][/b]

When was the money lodged into the acc?? If its a few days to print out, I think its fishy but if it has been there for a while as you said, like 3/4 months before print out...its ok if am left to say (cos that cud be his savings)...all you nid to do is to attach a proof of source of income
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onefour: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
hello house,
I graduated with a CGPA of 2.36/4.0. I would like to know my chances of getting admitted into a Canadian university, I wouldn't mind having to do a PGD or a pre-masters to qualify for scholarship/ funding. I have sent emails to various schools and no reply yet.
I wouldn't mind people recommending schools here.
Thanks and God Bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2013

My man, starting by september entails providing another sponsor (which might give rise to a fresh application and time don pass), so accept january jeje,its around the corner..so they'll quickly conclude ur application process which has lingered for a while...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by addey101: 6:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
PlayPays: For the late april or early may applicants yall just have to chill I don't think there's something like an application jumped queue, we all know its not a machine process, everything is been handled by human which means some are fast while some are slow so maybe you add to your prayers the kinda VO you want. Best of luck to all of us!

Nice one,I think this is right but all the same... Na Prayer matter most.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
Going to CDHC tomorrow. Coming from Abuja need to pick my docs and wud be back to Abuja.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
Onye oma:

My man, starting by september entails another sponsor (which might give rise to a fresh application and time don pass), so accept january jeje,its around the corner..so they'll quickly conclude ur application process which has lingered for a while...
Thanks. I was told u called, I had to leave my fone for while.... So sorry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 6:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
Siga: .....Accept the new start date of January....send the new acceptance letter to CDHC advising them thats your new start date.... they should still be able to issue u visa....since all they asked you to do is pick a new start date and u just did...
Thanks oga siga.. Thank you all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 6:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
sampitts: Thanks. I was told u called, I had to leave my fone for while.... So sorry

Ur welc bro...wanted to know how you're faring cos tis been a while I heard from u...am happy to know that everything is still in place...delay is not denial, I thank God you were still able to get another funding intact...maybe,we'll head to Ontario together by december, Insha Allah...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by snugle: 6:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
Onye oma:

When was the money lodged into the acc?? If its a few days to print out, I think its fishy but if it has been there for a while as you said, like 3/4 months before print out...its ok if am left to say (cos that cud be his savings)...all you nid to do is to attach a proof of source of income

It has been lodged in the account for more than a year. The account was actually dormant and had to be reactivated when we printed out the statement.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
Onye oma:

Ur welc bro...wanted to know how you're faring cos tis been a while I heard from u...am happy to know that everything is still in place...delay is not denial, I thank God you were still able to get another funding intact...maybe,we'll head to Ontario together by december, Insha Allah...
Yeah, by God's grace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2013
snugle:

It has been lodged in the account for more than a year. The account was actually dormant and had to be reactivated when we printed out the statement.

Wow, that's pretty kul I must say (let him indicate in his letter that he has nursed the intention of sponsoring you from time immemorial,hence his leaving such amount of cash in the account for such long period till now the need has come up)...print from when it was lodged into the account...cos in the statement of account,it'll be stated the start and end date of the transaction history...
In addition, don't forget to include his proof of source of income (company documents or letter/particulars of employment)...this will prove to the embassy that he is on ground and the money is still flowing in (like honey dripping from the honey comb)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2013
Please guys is there any need to submit statement of account to the school when submitting the applications?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 7:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
Kunsoft: Please guys is there any need to submit statement of account to the school when submitting the applications?
Thanks
....Did ur school ask for such?...only submit wat is asked....Ur school no be CDHC...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
My people I hail oh. Just passing by and reading through. Status never change oh.

As per learning barbing, me wey get plenty hair for body, na to learn clean shave thinz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
Siga: ....Did ur school ask for such?...only submit wat is asked....Ur school no be CDHC...

Ok bro. thanks. abeg i sent a PM to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onefour: 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2013
onefour: hello house,
I graduated with a CGPA of 2.36/4.0. I would like to know my chances of getting admitted into a Canadian university, I wouldn't mind having to do a PGD or a pre-masters to qualify for scholarship/ funding. I have sent emails to various schools and no reply yet.
I wouldn't mind people recommending schools here.
Thanks and God Bless.

someone please come to my aid
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 7:56pm On Jul 29, 2013
onefour:

someone please come to my aid

Which course do you wanna go for and which schools have you contacted

Please,take ur time to go thru this thread...ur case is attended to in one out of every 10 pages...a similar question was even answered in this present/most previous page by Nuendo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
Onefour...please, endeavour to intensify ur research potentials...that is basic for a successful completion of a PG program in Canada with good grades...but before then,you can take a look @ dis reply from one of our own in this forum...

Nuendo: Well, your expectations would be very difficult to achieve. Scholarships are given particularly to individuals who have shown strong academic credentials in their previous education and this is most accurately reflected in the cgpa of such an individual. The university system isn't a charity organization and they only give you the scholarship with the hope of you continuing such academic excellence within their institution which eventually becomes their gain when your research or further studies add to the faculty of knowledge in the specific field. Other scholarships and grants may be given by specific NGO's or Alumni Bodies and 90% of them are still based on merit.

SUMMARY: It would be very difficult for you to get both a masters program and a scholarship in the same package with a 2.2

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:

1. Find a school that accepts 2.2 directly for the masters and PAY THE TUITION but make sure it isn't a "lessin" as oga Siga would refer it. You don't wanna spend all the time and money to end up having a degree that would turn to a disadvantage later.

2. Seek admission into a PGD program instead and utilize the second missionary journey to make excellent grades that prove you as worthy of a scholarship in the masters .

NB: This is of course if your intent of the scholarship is academically genuine and that the scholarship / masters aren't just an economical means of "cutting out" of naija.

FROM WHAT I KNOW, THE REST OF THE WORLD ISN'T NAIJA, MERIT COUNTS. IF YOU WANT IT , YOU MUST PROVE YOURSELF.

#My 2-Cents.

God Bless.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
Kunsoft: Please guys is there any need to submit statement of account to the school when submitting the applications?
Thanks
It really depends on the school truly because my school(Uni of Lethbridge) asked me if I had any source of funding in the application and I submitted the sponsor's account I eventually used for VISA application.
Interestingly,that did not stop them from giving me a full funding for my program.
So like Siga rightly asked....where you asked?
All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by richard4ssky: 9:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
Siga: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/53_1.aspx?lang=eng
Thanks for the information, please i want to fine out if in the sponsorship letter from my sponsor can he start that he is paying about 60% of my tution fees and that he also attach the recept and he is going to pay the rest 40% by the date which is stated in the offer letter or if the embassy ask him to pay.... Cause my school i am applying to need part of the payment before you can be offer a sit for the adminsion, i hope the ideal is cool or can u advice me on what to do cause my sponsor have differend surname with me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
richard4ssky:
Thanks for the information, please i want to fine out if in the sponsorship letter from my sponsor can he start that he is paying about 60% of my tution fees and that he also attach the recept and he is going to pay the rest 40% by the date which is stated in the offer letter or if the embassy ask him to pay.... Cause my school i am applying to need part of the payment before you can be offer a sit for the adminsion, i hope the ideal is cool or can u advice me on what to do cause my sponsor have differend surname with me
...If ur school insist on payment before acceptance letter then u need to heed to their request cos u need the acceptance letter....ur Sponsor having a different name does not matter....just ensure u have everything covered as per his intention to sponsor u.... a good Affidavit of Support will help....he can get this at High court near u...

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.