Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,190 members, 7,977,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:10 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (606331 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:23am On Jul 31, 2013
to report back....i asked her and she said embassy only instructed her client 2 pay for board which she did...i further told her abt d tuition palava and she was also suprised and said she neva knew dis sch works dis way...she said if it was her she would write a letter to the embassy letting dem knw the situation of tinz and her influence as a canadian lawyer would make the embassy consider her...i would advice u follow what mr onye oma said nd get a notary pub lawyer 2 notarize it.oga siga wetin u tink??

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 31, 2013
i_am_saheed: grin @all: much thanks to you all for stretching out of your comfort zone to help deal with this "Keyano Tuition Fee" ish... Yes i was at CDCH yesterday, didn't get a chance to meet with an officer one on one, figured its because my issue could be sorted on PHONE and that's just what they did...

Long story short: i was instructed to open a student account and have the fee paid in and return with proof of account and payment to the CDHC...

Wahala: Keyano is not willing to get an account for any International Student... However i had my uncle who's a PR in Canny contact his bank (RBC) because they have a platform for "Student Banking"... Bank said i have to be there in person...

My families conclusion: my uncle( sponsor/ guardian ) his raising a draft in the schools name and would send me a copy which i would print with a typed letter from the bank and my uncle and from me which would be printed and taken to CDHC in person... However the bank would also email CDHC on my behalf in regards to the bank draft... Like my nairabro "oga siga" said...DROP THE BALL IN CDHC's COURT

Gbam! My people na so the tin go

Nice one man, I just said something similar to this. God go do am for you..Amen!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by addey101: 10:25am On Jul 31, 2013
This Keyano college thing dey make my people go gaga ooo.. May God help us all,it is well. More medical call ups and TRV today IJN

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by pyem: 10:39am On Jul 31, 2013
Hello house ,am a silent reader and have learnt a lot frm ds forum, Kudos to the amazing pple in the house May God reward you guys abundantly.
Got ma further instructn call up 2day 31st july, submittd 29th April ...........wishin al the medical hopeful and new applicant the very best.......cheers

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:42am On Jul 31, 2013
There must surely be a way forward for those of us heading to Keyano College.
After all the inputs by the members of the forum, some feasible options have been arrived @ and can be grouped into different categories:

1) Get the school bank acct details from a student already in the school(get from like 2 people to ensure its correct) and make ur payment,proceed to the embassy with ur telex copy of the transaction...I believe you'll be fine.
Risk level: very high(8 on a scale of 10)

2) Draft an affidavit titled "SOLEMN DECLARATION OF TUITION FEES PAYMENT" and notarize it( with a Notary public),then pay ur boarding fees(which also shows committment though not as strong as tuition fees)...submit both of them to the embassy.
NB:Risk level-very low (2-3/10) and it has been confirmed to work for someone else where (only boarding fees though)

3) If you have someone over there (you can trust with ur tuition fees), beg the person to prepare a draft IF0 of the school and a letter from the bank, send it down to you so you can submit it @ d embassy
Risk level: moderate(4-5/10)

4)Forfeit ur TRV and have ur full tuition fees intact

RISK LEVEL: Nil (0/10)

Take the risk and be in Canada...no risk,no reward
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onefour: 10:51am On Jul 31, 2013
Please can anyone list schools that offer PGD, I have checked several university's websites and I can't find any that offers PGD.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nasjay: 11:10am On Jul 31, 2013
pyem: Hello house ,am a silent reader and have learnt a lot frm ds forum, Kudos to the amazing pple in the house May God reward you guys abundantly.
Got ma further instructn call up 2day 31st july, submittd 29th April ...........wishin al the medical hopeful and new applicant the very best.......cheers

Congrats. Your news just lifted my spirit! The anticipation be makin the days long
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 11:30am On Jul 31, 2013
[quote author=i_am_saheed] grin @all: much thanks to you all for stretching out of your comfort zone to help deal with this "Keyano Tuition Fee" ish... Yes i was at CDCH yesterday, didn't get a chance to meet with an officer one on one, figured its because my issue could be sorted on PHONE and that's just what they did...

Long story short: i was instructed to open a student account and have the fee paid in and return with proof of account and payment to the CDHC...

Wahala: Keyano is not willing to get an account for any International Student... However i had my uncle who's a PR in Canny contact his bank (RBC) because they have a platform for "Student Banking"... Bank said i have to be there in person...

My families conclusion: my uncle( sponsor/ guardian ) his raising a draft in the schools name and would send me a copy which i would print with a typed letter from the bank and my uncle and from me which would be printed and taken to CDHC in person... However the bank would also email CDHC on my behalf in regards to the bank draft... Like my nairabro "oga siga" said...DROP THE BALL IN CDHC's COURT

Gbam! My people na so the tin go [quote]

It was my suggestion.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 11:41am On Jul 31, 2013
onefour: Please can anyone list schools that offer PGD, I have checked several university's websites and I can't find any that offers PGD.
Thanks.
Do u mean graduate certificate programme which is a prerequisite to Masters degree?If so,then colleges will be your best bet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 11:57am On Jul 31, 2013
[quote author=galala123][/quote] thanks to you bro and every one... All the best all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 11:58am On Jul 31, 2013
[quote author=galala123][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2013
pyem: Hello house ,am a silent reader and have learnt a lot frm ds forum, Kudos to the amazing pple in the house May God reward you guys abundantly.
congrats man...God is Great
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:59pm On Jul 31, 2013
bros i congratulate u ooo...i knw 4 sure that congratulatory msg will start flowing soon 4 d fall medic hopeful...IJN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
need ur advice dear forumites:
[i][/i]
got an admission to brandon university for Bsc. Psychaitric Nursing for winter 2014 session. it's a four year program. However, the first year is called Pre Psychiatric year where after successful completion of the pre psychiatric year (with good gpa), students can continue into year 2 of the Bsc. psychiatric Nursing.... My admission letter states that i have been admitted into the Pre spychiatric year and it was written bodly that it " THIS PROGRAMME USUALLY LAST FOR ONE YEAR......... THE AVERAGE COST PER YEAR (WITH ACCOMOODATION AND FEEDING) is $21, 000.

Does it mean that the canadaian embassy will give me a study permit/TRV for just one year or for four years? Or maybe one year first (for the pre psychiatric year)and later i will extend it when i get to canny after the first year?

like how much do i have to prove in my sponsors SOA? for the first year only ($21, 000) or for the entire 4years programme ($21, 000 * 4) Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
Clearing my inbox and Spam in expectation of medical instructions...... ::::: That's Optimism

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 4:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
earthgreeners: Clearing my inbox and Spam in expectation of medical instructions...... ::::: That's Optimism
In the face of so much anxiety and palpitation in the air....

U got me laughing!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
ChriGo: bros i congratulate u ooo...i knw 4 sure that congratulatory msg will start flowing soon 4 d fall medic hopeful...IJN
Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bibiazim1: 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hello People,this is the most wonderful thread on NL, way better than what i see on the front page, say so because of how courteous and ready to help everyone is. In the face of this much progress and lots of good news(congratulations to the succesful and goodluck to those still trying). I tremble to say, that I recently just submitted my online application and application payment 2 days ago (july 29th) to the brandon university to continue as a 3rd year student, with my transcript on the way. does anyone have an idea whether I stand a chance in time for the january 2014 winter term, visa processing et al? i know i must seem unserious what with all this talk of already completed medicals,trvs' and such, but my need to quit school in nigeria and relocate arose a bit late(end of june 13) and before i could research schools and attempt to process a transcript,it was already july. so here i am I have a second class upper result as it stands,dont know if that means anything, any suggestions would help. thanks all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
seunlovesa: need ur advice dear forumites:
[i][/i]
got an admission to brandon university for Bsc. Psychaitric Nursing for winter 2014 session. it's a four year program. However, the first year is called Pre Psychiatric year where after successful completion of the pre psychiatric year (with good gpa), students can continue into year 2 of the Bsc. psychiatric Nursing.... My admission letter states that i have been admitted into the Pre spychiatric year and it was written bodly that it " THIS PROGRAMME USUALLY LAST FOR ONE YEAR......... THE AVERAGE COST PER YEAR (WITH ACCOMOODATION AND FEEDING) is $21, 000.

Does it mean that the canadaian embassy will give me a study permit/TRV for just one year or for four years? Or maybe one year first (for the pre psychiatric year)and later i will extend it when i get to canny after the first year?

like how much do i have to prove in my sponsors SOA? for the first year only ($21, 000) or for the entire 4years programme ($21, 000 * 4) Thanks.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rexxy09: 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
Latest from my end, ..."Please contact the Visa Application Centre for further instructions , your attention is required at the earliest"

Una too much oooh. I appreciate your advise and guidance so far. God will definitely perfect what he has started in our lives. God bless you and I wish all the best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2013
need ur advice dear forumites:
[i][/i]

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
All quiet in the western front! Hope we get some good news in the house tomorrow......and from the not so silent followers!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 9:21pm On Jul 31, 2013
rexxy09: Latest from my end, ..."Please contact the Visa Application Centre for further instructions , your attention is required at the earliest"

Una too much oooh. I appreciate your advise and guidance so far. God will definitely perfect what he has started in our lives. God bless you and I wish all the best.

Congrats ooooo! 3 mighty kposas for you. God you do well o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
[i][/i]

Your sponsors SOA should have money to cover ur first year tuition and board plus some excess. I'm not sure about the TRV part. Your admission letter says one year and I think that's what cdhc will be working with. But you can easily extend your trv once you begin study in canny.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2013
Dudes do I need a transit visa if I've got a stopover at Dubai international airport? I'm going wiv emirates. Please tell meeee guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by babybird82(f): 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
[i][/i]

Please what entry requirements got You the admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by babybird82(f): 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
2-chains:
Dudes do I need a transit visa if I've got a stopover at Dubai international airport? I'm going wiv emirates. Please tell meeee guys

No you don't as long as you don't intend to leave the airport. How long is your stopover?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
babybird82:

No you don't as long as you don't intend to leave the airport. How long is your stopover?

7hrs +
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kicon: 11:39pm On Jul 31, 2013
saintmentor:

i refer to a section of the CIC checklist which states that your passport should have a minimum validity for the duration of your course. U av to renew ur passport before applying. av seen cases where applicants applied and later withdrew his passport for the purpose of renewing,consequently was denied. good luck...may GOD help u in JESUS name.

Amen. Thank you and May God bless you more... I will do as advised.

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (444)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.