Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,172 members, 7,939,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 11:12 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (601910 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2013
Bros, pls let me have your email. I tried adding you on here too. My mail is: ola_zn@yahoo.com. Thanks.
GboyegaD:

I just got one on Wednesday quite close to school. It is about 2.4km from school. It is a 6Bedroom House and I chose the basement since its got only 2 rooms there with a Kitchen and Bathroom.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
Online, bros.

ChriGo: bros did u apply online or paper route??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 5:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
You're very correct bro. I also support that.
Nuendo: Am headed for Calgary too. Meds done and TRV expected too. I and Smile13 (see his profile) are already trying to make accommodation arrangements off campus, heard its far cheaper and still not far from the school at all. When did you do your medicals, and was it paper or online route?? Have u paid your fees? We U of C dudes could team up and make things cheaper for ourselves. May save us a lot of money.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
smile13: Online, bros.

otidobe niyen....congrat bro...i tap from ur blessing...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
adewaleafolabi: People i need advice on this.

Am about mailing CDHC as regards my application. While i understand the fact that my application isn't up to four months yet and its their policy not to respond to inquiries that falls within this period of time, but the reality is that September is here and its resumption time.

Failure to resume September would mean January which is TERM II. Just realizing that TERM II implies that my course plan is screwed - I can only take 2 out of 6 courses due to prerequisite requirements which I should have satisfied in TERM I. Further trying to take this courses from TERM I in TERM II is nearly impossible as they are filled to the brim including the waiting list. (Not too sure about this. I'd send a mail to my department and see if anything can be done in this case as the bulk of the courses are from outside the department also.)

Also my department is organizing an interactive session between alumnus, industry players, and people who had walked the same road we are embarking on. Key issues, questions, headsup would be dealt with. I really want to attend this as I seriously consider it beneficial as no one really has the monopoly of knowledge. And its easier learning from people, there's no point of reinventing the wheel or making the same mistakes some made.

Am also gone past deferment as that closed in July.

Also what email address should I send this email to? Is there any harm in sending this email? Thanks
you applied may 30 which is not yet up to 3months........last week was pregnant abt 2 deliver its gudnews this week so house should brace up...GOD is abt 2 hit u with kondo of gudnews grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dict4alpha: 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
GboyegaD:

The security deposit is $625. Kindly modify your post to remove the address from my early post.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 6:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
adewaleafolabi: People i need advice on this.

Am about mailing CDHC as regards my application. While i understand the fact that my application isn't up to four months yet and its their policy not to respond to inquiries that falls within this period of time, but the reality is that September is here and its resumption time.

Failure to resume September would mean January which is TERM II. Just realizing that TERM II implies that my course plan is screwed - I can only take 2 out of 6 courses due to prerequisite requirements which I should have satisfied in TERM I. Further trying to take this courses from TERM I in TERM II is nearly impossible as they are filled to the brim including the waiting list. (Not too sure about this. I'd send a mail to my department and see if anything can be done in this case as the bulk of the courses are from outside the department also.)

Also my department is organizing an interactive session between alumnus, industry players, and people who had walked the same road we are embarking on. Key issues, questions, headsup would be dealt with. I really want to attend this as I seriously consider it beneficial as no one really has the monopoly of knowledge. And its easier learning from people, there's no point of reinventing the wheel or making the same mistakes some made.

Am also gone past deferment as that closed in July.

Also what email address should I send this email to? Is there any harm in sending this email? Thanks

Dear brother, it is a tough situation indeed. But it hardly calls for despair. I would advise u send the mail using an institutional email address; I hope u have one from your school by now.
I think missing the interactive session is not much of a problem. I remember my school wanted me to resume for a two-week acculturation course but I can't make it. It starts this monday, but my trv is yet to arrive. The truth is there will always be other ways to gain from alumni experience.

Then, you should mail your school to ask their counsel too. Best of luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
Siga: ....lailai... all the airline will possibly do is tell u to go secure transit visa... they wont help with transit .... I doubt that....besides.... is it a must to transit through US?

Prof Siga, I support u. I doubt if d airline will even sell ticket to d person if he/she does not hav US transit visa. I hav experienced it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2013
dommakavelli: Hello,

How can I know a genuine lease agreement. Some1 is arranging a student home for me.

Bro if u can get someone on d ground to go check it out for u good, if no, my advise is not 2 transfer any fund till u see for urself.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
iwinosajack :

Prof Siga, I support u. I doubt if d airline will even sell ticket to d person if he/she does not hav US transit visa. I hav experienced it.
....Abi oo... I mean... must they transit through US.... abi if u no fly thru US, Canada no go give u permit... I bet u the flight sef go dey more expensive than others....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bibiazim1: 7:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
GboyegaD:

I feel you already know what you want in mind as such, you are selective in your reading. I wish you the very best of all your undertakings in life and I pray God grant the desires of your heart and establish your thoughts.
Amen my brother!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by saintmentor: 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2013
bumdish:

If you are not eligible for a waiver and you do not have a valid US VISA that permits transiting the US, you will be sent back to Niaja and recorded as having been denied entry to the US even if you are not disembarking from the plane.
You can apply for a category C or B1/B2 US Visa right now or you cancel/re-book your flight avoiding the US. I would go for the latter without thinking twice.

thank you for the light......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dict4alpha: 8:58pm On Aug 11, 2013
Nuendo: Am headed for Calgary too. Meds done and TRV expected too. I and Smile13 (see his profile) are already trying to make accommodation arrangements off campus, heard its far cheaper and still not far from the school at all. When did you do your medicals, and was it paper or online route?? Have u paid your fees? We U of C dudes could team up and make things cheaper for ourselves. May save us a lot of money.

PG.Meds done July 19. Submitted through the paper route. Did not pay any fees as i wasn't instructed by CDHC to do so. Got funding from the school, so submitted my funding letter in my application. Let's keep in touch, especially on any positive developments.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
Mehn...why am I feeling like i am d only one who jonsed on the funding especially as my gp for get me beta thing. cry .....anyhow shaa..we thank BABA GOD for the admission and progress so far. Na to Jack scatter to pack all d remaining scholarship for year 2 angry. I trust naija BOys no go dull for there.... email me so we go keep in touch on day to day basis. I feel we would get our TRV's dis week God willing.

dict4alpha:

PG.Meds done July 19. Submitted through the paper route. Did not pay any fees as i wasn't instructed by CDHC to do so. Got funding from the school, so submitted my funding letter in my application. Let's keep in touch, especially on any positive developments.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
dict4alpha:

congrat on ur med bro...u got funding 4 a PG program!!!..dis is interesting....pls is it full funding?? And for which course
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dict4alpha: 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2013
Nuendo: Mehn...why am I feeling like i am d only one who jonsed on the funding especially as my gp for get me beta thing. cry .....anyhow shaa..we thank BABA GOD for the admission and progress so far. Na to Jack scatter to pack all d remaining scholarship for year 2 angry. I trust naija BOys no go dull for there.... email me so we go keep in touch on day to day basis. I feel we would get our TRV's dis week God willing.

That's also my feeling.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dict4alpha: 9:17pm On Aug 11, 2013
ChriGo: congrat on ur med bro...u got funding 4 a PG program!!!..dis is interesting....pls is it full funding?? And for which course
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
dict4alpha:

Thanks. 50% tuition scholarship & graduate assistantship offers (2). M.Sc Computer Science.
tur!!!.....tot u meant PG diploma/cert..dats ma course 2 anyway buh na college i dy head 2....wish u all d best my bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by saintmentor: 9:31pm On Aug 11, 2013
GboyegaD:

No you don't have to. The only thing is you may not be able to go out of the airport. The good side of Seattle Tacoma is that is is big and busy so you can't be that bored while there.

thank you...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by missbon(f): 9:46pm On Aug 11, 2013
hello all, how do i get residence close to fanshawe oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dict4alpha: 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
ChriGo: tur!!!.....tot u meant PG diploma/cert..dats ma course 2 anyway buh na college i dy head 2....wish u all d best my bro

Ok. Wishing you the very best too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 10:12pm On Aug 11, 2013
ChriGo: congrat on ur med bro...u got funding 4 a PG program!!!..dis is interesting....pls is it full funding?? And for which course

@ChriGo which school offer funding for PG students?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by janeg123: 10:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
ChriGo: visa process takes within 4-6months...if u were to b on the fall medical hopeful list, u would b no 1 cuz u submitted january....most folks that submitted april/may don get medical instructions...did u apply thru an agent or u applied ursef...if u apply ursef abeg go knock there door 4 embassy...dats wat alot of people here did and it worked for them...sumtimes dis embassy can b funny atimes....e fit b say they need ur attention in there office and instead for them to just send a simple mail regarding that mba!!! They no go do dat...na until u go knock dia door....confused VO's!!!
i applied myself and i have being to the embassy like 4 times now and i keep getting the same reply from them that my application is still on process. I am confuse too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
Kunsoft:

@ChriGo which school offer funding for PG students?
university of calgary....its nt PG diploma funding!!!...its masters degree funding which also applies 2 oda uni apart frm calgary....dem canadian colleges no dey gree give funding

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
janeg123: i applied myself and i have being to the embassy like 4 times now and i keep getting the same reply from them that my application is still on process. I am confuse too
oh!!!!....dis 1 dy kinda complicated...at dis point table d matter 2 baba God....he his d real VO...d 1's at d embassy are jst his puppet....God will surely c u tru...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
Please my fellow inmates, I really need your help. I submitted my application through an agent on may 31st and am yet to be called for medicals. I am beginning to get worried becos my school resumes on the 4th of September. Any body with an ideal of what might be going on ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:34pm On Aug 11, 2013
kayconsult: Please my fellow inmates, I really need your help. I submitted my application through an agent on may 31st and am yet to be called for medicals. I am beginning to get worried becos my school resumes on the 4th of September. Any body with an ideal of what might be going on ?
pls sir are u self sponsor?? And which sch are u heading 2?? Cuz sum1 here also complained he submitted may 30...i guess embassy are working on may applicant judging from d list of medical hopeful...so this week is promising...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by alphizo(m): 11:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
Pls my wonderful nairalanders in Canada. Am a graduate of college of education in kaduna, studied computer science and right now in South Africa, just got here but my destination is to go to Canada as well, so also continue my education n work as well. Pls what do I need to do, what r d chances of getting a job, to be able to pay rent n fees. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by janeg123: 12:25am On Aug 12, 2013
ChriGo: oh!!!!....dis 1 dy kinda complicated...at dis point table d matter 2 baba God....he his d real VO...d 1's at d embassy are jst his puppet....God will surely c u tru...
Amen to that thanks,i was in at the embassy yesterday for inquiries and after keeping me for awhile i was later called by one of the security guide that they said they will get back to me latest tomorrow which is today, i just hope all is well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 1:04am On Aug 12, 2013
janeg123: i applied myself and i have being to the embassy like 4 times now and i keep getting the same reply from them that my application is still on process. I am confuse too

Go to the embassy, tell them u wanna withdraw your application...u will be issued with medical instruction immediately...Have faith in God and it will work out well. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 1:05am On Aug 12, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:59am On Aug 12, 2013
miss bon: hello all, how do i get residence close to fanshawe oo
i tink fanshawe college is located in london,ontario...u shuld b able 2 get accomodation dere...check london.kijiji.ca , olx.ca , london.ontariotenants.ca ... U can also check wit d school's accomodation arrangement...av you don ur medicals If yes congrats...i tap from ur blessing grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.