Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,157 members, 7,939,648 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:47 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (601902 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
seyidollar4real: pls i need to talk to anyone who submitted his or her application via the online application mode. my email add is seyidollar4real@yahoo.com. thanks

Can you please ask your question(s) on here for the benefit of others?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
Pinoralia: Hi Nairalanders,
I'm planning ahead of next year admission into one of the canadian universities for masters in Engineering. I have gone through the application procedures in the institutions of my choice. I have never processed international admission of any kind before.
Please what are the advices you have for me before sending my applications so as not make some mistake. What other factors am I to put into consideration before I proceed.
Thanks

All you have to do is to follow the guidelines stipulated by the school and be meticulous about it so that you don't mistakenly omit any necessary details. However, if you have specific questions regarding your school, you can ask here and make a reference to the school.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:47pm On Aug 12, 2013
GboyegaD:

All you have to do is to follow the guidelines stipulated by the school and be meticulous about it so that you don't mistakenly omit any necessary details. However, if you have specific questions regarding your school, you can ask here and make a reference to the school.
well said sir!!!...make sure its a public institution...avoid sch's like lessons nd lessons like sch...jst like man siga go talk...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2013
hmmm!!! full house...all waiting for food... grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by seyidollar4real: 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2013
GboyegaD:

Can you please ask your question(s) on here for the benefit of others?
thanks bro, i just want to know how they went about it. a friend that tried to submit his application via d online mode said, the available space for supporting document could not accomodate all document he wanted to submit even after compressing it. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Pinoralia: 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2013
ChriGo: please whats d name of the institution?? So dat guys dat applied dere would advise u on what to do.....

University of saskatchewan and.
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by richard4ssky: 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2013
i have observ in dis room that B.sc applicant get there Trv and there chance of getting it is higle compare to P.d or masster program, so am i correct on my observation.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2013
frederal:

Rexxy, please what's the bank charges like and what mode of payment did you use? I'm thinking of using gtb debit card.

The current conversion for GTB card is 157.5 per CAD.
I used the card dis afternoon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2013
dommakavelli:

The current conversion for GTB card is 157.5 per CAD.
I used the card dis afternoon
...U don enter Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2013
@accra2005 please how far with ur application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
Pinoralia:

University of saskatchewan and.
Memorial University of Newfoundland
both are good and affordable schools.....both comes with good funding/scholarship option so dnt ignore dat part of the application....if u'r going for a research base masters degree..sum1 jst pasted a very convincing letter of intent which u can use along side.... Both do not require toefl....u can also xplore universities like uni of calgary,uni of manitoba,uni of ottawa...make sure u apply for ur course with a university that has two or three start session cuz u mite b required by cdhc to pick anoda session if ur visa app is treated late...d sessions are jan(winter),may(spring),sept(fall)...each uni vary with sessions which is y i said u should explore more uni to ur favour...trust in God nd believe all ur challenges na pure water....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
richard4ssky: i have observ in dis room that B.sc applicant get there Trv and there chance of getting it is higle compare to P.d or masster program, so am i correct on my observation.....
hmmm!!! Bro ur observation get 'K' leg oo....there are tons of pgd/masters guys that got there trv so dont draw ursef back by going to reapply for a bsc degree oo...if u already have ur bsc wit a gud grade den fire on with ur masters...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by seyidollar4real: 2:48pm On Aug 12, 2013
[quote
author=seyidollar4real] thanks bro, i just want to know how
they went about it. a friend that tried to submit his application via d
online mode said, the available space for supporting document could not
accomodate all document he wanted to submit even after compressing it.
thanks[/quote]
anyone that used online application mode should pls respond. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kinikini: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2013
@dommakaveli,

Could you please explain how you are able to use your gtbank debit card?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 2:57pm On Aug 12, 2013
[quote author=Siga]...?

@siga, in sha Allah, very soon sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2013
dommakavelli:

@siga, in sha Allah, very soon sir
...Nice nice.... if u go use ur GTB card for here....that exchange rate wey u quote no go fly ooo....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by accra2005: 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
Pwunmi: @accra2005 please how far with ur application?
Visa denied. But strategising to refire .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2013
seyidollar4real: thanks bro, i just want to know how they went about it. a friend that tried to submit his application via d online mode said, the available space for supporting document could not accomodate all document he wanted to submit even after compressing it. thanks

You can merge related files that will help aid your application and save them in reduced pdf format.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
richard4ssky: i have observ in dis room that B.sc applicant get there Trv and there chance of getting it is higle compare to P.d or masster program, so am i correct on my observation.....

What was your basis of conclusion as most people I have observed are post graduate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ancient1: 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
Chaii!! still on graveyard silence thinz oh......CDHC una nor dey consider man pickin...
Heard they are overloaded with applications...everybody won go canada....its an epidemic!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
It is well. I'm stilll waiting for medicals though.I'm sure I will see u in canny someday. Let's just hope for the best.
accra2005:
Visa denied. But strategising to refire .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 3:15pm On Aug 12, 2013
seyidollar4real:
anyone that used online application mode should pls respond. Thanks
broda i didnt apply online but dis question is a general question...with wat online applicant said previously about the size its 4mb max....u said ur friend has compressed it...i tried dis mysef and i would tel u how to go abt it....after scanning the documents you can copy and paste them on microsoft word...make sure your microsoft word has an inbuilt software to convert to pdf format...if ur microsoft word doesnt av, u can type dis keywords on google 'convert a microsoft document to pdf' the software to do dat will come up...install it and it will automatically be embedded into ur microsoft word...i was able to convert a 43mb document of all my many scanned file to 2.65mb which is still within the range of 4mb stipulated by cdhc...hope dis helps

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:15pm On Aug 12, 2013
Siga: ...Nice nice.... if u go use ur GTB card for here....that exchange rate wey u quote no go fly ooo....

You are too Nice. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2013
Fhemmmy:

You are too Nice. grin
...Baba..I had to let him know na ni oo...and exchange rates na like yo yo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Pinoralia: 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2013
ChriGo: both are good and affordable schools.....both comes with good funding/scholarship option so dnt ignore dat part of the application....if u'r going for a research base masters degree..sum1 jst pasted a very convincing letter of intent which u can use along side.... Both do not require toefl....u can also xplore universities like uni of calgary,uni of manitoba,uni of ottawa...make sure u apply for ur course with a university that has two or three start session cuz u mite b required by cdhc to pick anoda session if ur visa app is treated late...d sessions are jan(winter),may(spring),sept(fall)...each uni vary with sessions which is y i said u should explore more uni to ur favour...trust in God nd believe all ur challenges na pure water....

Broda, thanks so much.

Can you pls send me the link to the letter of intent format? (felixkolapo@gmail.com)
Calgary, manitoba.... tuition fees are on the high side.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 3:24pm On Aug 12, 2013
Kinikini: @dommakaveli,

Could you please explain how you are able to use your gtbank debit card?

Go to GTB with 3k. Tell them you want to buy a Token, n dey shud direct u on how to use your card on the internet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2013
THE HOPEFULS (Fall 2013)

1) luckydon: May 2
2) bumfem: May 6
3) onuawuchi: May 7
4) librasat: May 7
5) galala123: May 7
6) azeezwl: May 8
7) Pwunmi: May 10
8 ) joeblack62: May 21
9) tebenezer80: May 28
10) freshdude: May 30
11) adewaleafolabi: May 30
12) ancient1: June 4
13) earthgreeners: June 11
14) efosa12345: June 13
15) donteejay: June 20
16) Akanmu2013: June 28

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
TEAM WINTER (JANUARY2014)
1. Huzzie PG Centennial JULY 16 Paper route
2. Chrigo PG Lambton JULY 30 Paper route
3. Teexzle PG Lambton
4. Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
5. Oreroyce UG UoRegina
6. Janut PG UoRegina
7. Humanshado PG UBC
8. Meyson UG UoRegina
9. Kicon PG centennial college
10. Teapea UG MUN
11. Cherokee ? Concordia/Dalhouise/UoRegina
12. Gwobo PG UoManitoba/UoSask/UoRegina
13. Ugoh11 PG Uocalgary/MUN
14. EMEKS86 UG UNB
15. Richard4ssky PG GeorgeBrown
16. Soweto ?
17. Tolyem Dip Keyano/Mohawk Collg
18. seunlovesa UG Brandon uni
19. Addey101 UG Dalhousie
20. Joe batters PG Fanshawe College
21.Omo Ondo PG Niagara College

N.B- If you are a prospective student for winter admission please indicate, you would have to provide your intended level and university/college.
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
Siga: ...Baba..I had to let him know na ni oo...and exchange rates na like yo yo

Chairman, experience is always the best teacher only that such person wont come back to tell the people he has given wrong info
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
Pinoralia:

Broda, thanks so much.

Can you pls send me the link to the letter of intent format? (felixkolapo@gmail.com)
Calgary, manitoba.... tuition fees are on the high side.
thats the link bro www.nairaland.com/1229480/travelling-canada-part-4/233 yep tuition fees are on the high side which was why i said you should explore funding/schorlarship option.....if u have a first class or a second class upper den u will get funding...no gock am....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by seyidollar4real: 4:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
[quote
author=ChriGo] broda i didnt apply online but dis question is a general
question...with wat online applicant said previously about the size its
4mb max....u said ur friend has compressed it...i tried dis mysef and i
would tel u how to go abt it....after scanning the documents you can
copy and paste them on microsoft word...make sure your microsoft word
has an inbuilt software to convert to pdf format...if ur microsoft word
doesnt av, u can type dis keywords on google 'convert a microsoft
document to pdf' the software to do dat will come up...install it and
it will automatically be embedded into ur microsoft word...i was able to
convert a 43mb document of all my many scanned file to 2.65mb which is
still within the range of 4mb stipulated by cdhc...hope dis
helps[/quote]
my oga at the top, thanks so much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mikolo2008: 4:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
ChriGo: from what guru's in d house said about humber college..its a very gud school..no fear bro!!!....d likes of oga siga can testify 2 this so bro u'r good to go grin grin
Thank you bro, I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.