Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,059 members, 7,906,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:43 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (598214 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
movein: I studied Genetics in school but i am switching over to Business management for my PGD. I hope this won't affect my visa application in any way because i was told that the VO might be wondering that what i studied in school does not correlate with Business management in any way. House please advice me. Thanks!
...well...just pray say na Oyinbo VO handle ur file cos Oyinbo go reason and see relationship ...but if na ur fellow Naija VO....forget am....they are fools and all they want to do is bad belle and ruin all man dreams....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 9:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
Siga: ...well...just pray say na Oyinbo VO handle ur file cos Oyinbo go reason and see relationship ...but if na ur fellow Naija VO....forget am....they are fools and all they want to do is bad belle and ruin all man dreams....
Sir! Are you saying its a 50/50 chance?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
please, how long does it take for you to be contacted after medicals?am kind of new here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2013
movein: Sir! Are you saying its a 50/50 chance?
....Nothin in life is guaranteed bro...but we serve a living God....he can do the impossible...but those Naija VO wey dey work for CDHC, na over-sabi dey worry den...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 9:58pm On Apr 02, 2013
Siga: ....Nothin in life is guaranteed bro...but we serve a living God....he can do the impossible...but those Naija VO wey dey work for CDHC, na over-sabi dey worry den...
Thank you bro.. I really appreciate, but do you have any advice for me? How about if i back it up with a letter of intent

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 10:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
Odinwa:
I asked a man working in a post office, he said my documents will reach canada if I use Nipost. I don't knw this one u re saying 2 weeks now, does that mean he was lying to me?

Oga, I sense confusion in ur post. I can't find anywhere I said ur document will not reach canada.

Nipost is Nigerian postal service. And their office is ur usual visible post office. They have different sending options.
Regular: also called ordinary post, cost is about N400. Takes about 10 working days (which is anything from 2-3 weeks to deliver to canada/usa)
Registered postage option: not different from ordinary. Only diff I know is, information about ur package will be documented. Price is from N600 depending on package weight. Sending time is same as regular postage
Nipost courier (EMS): speedpost, similar to other courier services. Cost is N6900. Time is about 5 working days.

Other private courier services: 7k and above. Time to deliver, is 3 - 5 days.

I'm just explaining, cos I sense u didn't understand

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
movein: Thank you bro.. I really appreciate, but do you have any advice for me? How about if i back it up with a letter of intent
...And wat would be the reason/reasons why u decide to dump ur initial line for this one? Drop it here let the house access the reason....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efosa12345(m): 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
I think am so interested on this question, someone should please sheld light on this, so as to be guided in my next application.
gbesunboke: @all!pls kindly help me out !I want to submit my application tomorrow pls I need a clarification!my tuition fee is 13k and I was ask to fill room and board and others and total fund available for my stay in canada!kindly give me advise!all the money in my account is about 48kdollar
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 10:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
Siga: ...And wat would be the reason/reasons why u decide to dump ur initial line for this one? Drop it here let the house access the reason....
House please what do you think about this..

Nigeria, like the other developing nations, is in need of young virile and educated minds to reposition her to greatness once again, having lost many developmental opportunities to corrupt and inept leadership, inefficiency in international sector has been the bane of the country in moving forward.
Since childhood I have been fascinated by the frequent changing world that we live in, wanting to understand the causes and effects of current and future human interactions. It is against this background which I as a graduate of Animal Breeding and Genetics, decided to seek a study opportunity abroad in one of the leading colleges in the world. Having studied in of the best institution in Nigeria (Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta), I have learnt various techniques which great nations like Canada and United States employ to interact at the international level and solve their basic internal problems.
In order to contribute my quota to the development of my beloved nation Nigeria, I seek to attain a Post graduate diploma in Business management – International Business and consequently position myself to serve the nation in the areas of International Business and Service Delivery. Getting this study opportunity will be a dream come true for me personally and in due course the beginning of a transformed Nigeria where a breakdown of business management is a forgotten history.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ancient1: 10:34pm On Apr 02, 2013
Hey anyone know anything about Uni of Prince edward island?, just got admitted there for an mba starting fall.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
Siga: ...well...just pray say na Oyinbo VO handle ur file cos Oyinbo go reason and see relationship ...but if na ur fellow Naija VO....forget am....they are fools and all they want to do is bad belle and ruin all man dreams....

Na wa o! God pass dem sha, may every Nigerian VO at the CDHC get malaria that will keep them away from work, until after my medicals and visa are issued.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
gbesunboke: @all!pls kindly help me out !I want to submit my application tomorrow pls I need a clarification!my tuition fee is 13k and I was ask to fill room and board and others and total fund available for my stay in canada!kindly give me advise!all the money in my account is about 48kdollar
......Here u go by Toronto Standard...

Tuition : $13,000
Room @600/month : $7,200
Feeding @100/Week: $5,200
Transportation (TTC) @ $106/month : $1,272
Cell phone @40/month : $480
CDHC Extra Kashogi : $10,000

TOTAL : $37,152
Clubbing and Faaji mula @150/month : $1800 ( Trust me, this will come in handle cos of the cold wink )
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
mozo:

Na wa o! God pass dem sha, may every Nigerian VO at the CDHC get malaria that will keep them away from work, until after my medicals and visa are issued.
...Yeepaaa...epe re ooooooo shocked shocked shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
Siga: ...Yeepaaa...epe re ooooooo shocked shocked shocked
Oga siga please check my last post.. Is it kinda convincing? And please do you format for letter of intent?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rockar: 11:16pm On Apr 02, 2013
abeg, i have a uk refusal in my passport. i have filled the part of "av u been denied visa b4" and i have stated the reason. the person that invited me to uk then has filed an Appeal for me being refused, and the response from appeal is that a decision will be made by May 2013 my question now is.that do i have to state it in my canada visa application that an appeal has been filed for the.refusal and attach a reference letter from d appeal to my application? or i dont need to mention d appeal....

pls i need an answer asap. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:16pm On Apr 02, 2013
movein: House please what do you think about this..

Nigeria, like the other developing nations, is in need of young virile and educated minds to reposition her to greatness once again, having lost many developmental opportunities to corrupt and inept leadership, inefficiency in international sector has been the bane of the country in moving forward.
Since childhood I have been fascinated by the frequent changing world that we live in, wanting to understand the causes and effects of current and future human interactions. It is against this background which I as a graduate of Animal Breeding and Genetics, decided to seek a study opportunity abroad in one of the leading colleges in the world. Having studied in of the best institution in Nigeria (Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta), I have learnt various techniques which great nations like Canada and United States employ to interact at the international level and solve their basic internal problems.
In order to contribute my quota to the development of my beloved nation Nigeria, I seek to attain a Post graduate diploma in Business management – International Business and consequently position myself to serve the nation in the areas of International Business and Service Delivery. Getting this study opportunity will be a dream come true for me personally and in due course the beginning of a transformed Nigeria where a breakdown of business management is a forgotten history.

Never discredit ur country my guy....no even talk say Naija no good at all...never make that the reason u dey cut go Canada or anywhere....

Now...are u working? and in which sector...that maybe a better reason to move into this sector u love so much ....if not, is there any prospect once u are done...like future job prospect in lieu of this....

Saying u plan to come back to develop Naija is damn too vague and cliche....give a solid reason why u want to come back....talk about wat benefits u stand to gain in acquiring a foreign training...like u want to be able to stand out among home trained guys....say u have few friends and colleagues that came back after studies abroad and are made superiors to those that are home trained....give sexy reasons...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 11:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
Siga: ...Yeepaaa...epe re ooooooo shocked shocked shocked

lol.. Just joking, but God dey sha. Anyone submitting as a self sponsor should ensure they have enough money in their account or back it up with a co sponsor. Heard of a self sponsor that wasn't so lucky today. Its very rare to find successful self sponsors
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 11:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
Siga: ...

Never discredit ur country my guy....no even talk say Naija no good at all...never make that the reason u dey cut go Canada or anywhere....

Now...are u working? and in which sector...that maybe a better reason to move into this sector u love so much ....if not, is there any prospect once u are done...like future job prospect in lieu of this....

Saying u plan to come back to develop Naija is damn too vague....give a solid reason why u want to come back....talk about wat benefits u stand to gain in acquiring a foreign training...like u want to be able to stand out among home trained guys....say u have few friends and colleges that came back after studies abroad and are made superiors to those that are home trained....give sexy reasons...
@siga... Pls I need a helping hand.. My brain is really boiling? How do you think you can help me out of this mess sir? Can I av your contact pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 11:32pm On Apr 02, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:38pm On Apr 02, 2013
movein: @siga... Pls I need a helping hand.. My brain is really boiling? How do you think you can help me out of this mess sir? Can I av your contact pls?
....noshaking2012@gmail.com .....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
Siga: ...

Saying u plan to come back to develop Naija is damn too vague and cliche....give a solid reason why u want to come back....talk about wat benefits u stand to gain in acquiring a foreign training...like u want to be able to stand out among home trained guys....say u have few friends and colleagues that came back after studies abroad and are made superiors to those that are home trained....give sexy reasons...
@siga.. I am not working at the moment. I am presently serving; I graduated last year and I'll be thru wit my service year by October. I am applying for (Business management - International business) for Jan admission in Lambton. I have been told to write a letter of intent before my admission is bn processed but so far I have not been able to draft a convincing letter.. Ejo ni tori olorun e ba mi fi oju agba wo sir!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2013
movein: @siga.. I am not working at the moment. I am presently serving; I graduated last year and I'll be thru wit my service year by October. I am applying for (Business management - International business) for Jan admission in Lambton. I have been told to write a letter of intent before my admission is bn processed but so far I have not been able to draft a convincing letter.. Ejo ni tori olorun e ba mi fi oju agba wo sir!!!
....serving means u dey work somewhere...wetin u dey do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 11:48pm On Apr 02, 2013
Siga: ....noshaking2012@gmail.com .....
sent u a mail sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rockar: 11:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
rockar: abeg, i have a uk refusal in my passport. i have filled the part of "av u been denied visa b4" and i have stated the reason. the person that invited me to uk then has filed an Appeal for me being refused, and the response from appeal is that a decision will be made by May 2013 my question now is.that do i have to state it in my canada visa application that an appeal has been filed for the.refusal and attach a reference letter from d appeal to my application? or i dont need to mention d appeal....

pls i need an answer asap. thanks

@sir siga abeg answer dis pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gbesunboke: 11:55pm On Apr 02, 2013
Siga: ......Here u go by Toronto Standard...

Tuition : $13,000
Room @600/month : $7,200
Feeding @100/Week: $5,200
Transportation (TTC) @ $106/month : $1,272
Cell phone @40/month : $480
CDHC Extra Kashogi : $10,000

TOTAL : $37,152
Clubbing and Faaji mula @150/month : $1800 ( Trust me, this will come in handle cos of the cold wink )
@siga pls baba thanks for ur reply about my question!but in the application form will I write the room amouth separate and board separate why other is separate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
@rockar .....Here is the thing....watever u tell CDHC that has any documentation...its in ur best interest to attach any documentation tied to it....this will not only prove that u are not lying, but show that u have nothing to hide....Please keep in mind I am not a VO nor have I ever worked for CDHC ooo.........just advising ni ooo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 12:00am On Apr 03, 2013
R u self sponsored??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:01am On Apr 03, 2013
gbesunboke: @siga pls baba thanks for ur reply about my question!but in the application form will I write the room amouth separate and board separate why other is separate
...Room and board na same thingy o jare.... board pretty much is room plus feeding ( like school accomo).....so, if no school accomo....u go quote room and feeding...my quote is based on person wey dey stay off campus
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 12:03am On Apr 03, 2013
Odinwa:
They don chop me already, I used 2k to certify 3 documents becos I never expected such thing will happen in a Federal high court Okoyi. I will still pay that woman visit again, she must pay me back the 1,400naira balance lol. She didn't even give me any receipt. I feel so stupid now lol.
Wat docs r u certifyn pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 12:18am On Apr 03, 2013
Odinwa: Imagine this people telling me to certify each document is 1k? Pls who knows how much it really cost to certify a document?
Hi wat docs r u certifyn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rockar: 7:15am On Apr 03, 2013
pls must the amount in the account submitted with application be left there through out the processing? as in do they still ask for another statement after submission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 7:33am On Apr 03, 2013
Siga: ....serving means u dey work somewhere...wetin u dey do?
I dey work as teacher sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (444)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.