Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,352 members, 7,971,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 06:32 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (605461 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bukahands(m): 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2013
Odinwa: I have already sent my document through Nipost today and it cost me just 350naira.
The problem I have now is how to send my application fee to the school, I went to first bank and I was told that before they will transfer money to any school abroad that the school will send me a letter requesting for the payment and also the account number of the school. I don't know if anyone here can help me with that. Pls I need answers. Thanks

I also sent my documents today via Nipost registered mail mine cos 640naira, but is there a way to trace the documents.
And for ur application fee, u can pay with GTBmastercard, UBA mastercard etc, its fast and convenient

Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adonai36: 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
earthgreeners:

GTBank naira mastercard (ATM Card)

@Earthgreener, you are yet to update the fall 2013 list. Kindly include mine: Adonai36- Niagara. PG
mozo:

Welcome to the next level bro, Hyper Tracking smiley

@All, I also submitted my application last thursday. The waiting game don start.

@Don Siga: thanks so much for your post and advice. I finally post my application last thursday to there Embassy here, and I tracked it today, they have received it. Fingers crossed and hopeful....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 10:48pm On Apr 03, 2013
rockar: pls must the amount in the account submitted with application be left there through out the processing? as in do they still ask for another statement after submission?
@oga siga pls answer the dude's question.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
[quote author=dommakavelli][/quote]

Na wa º°˚ pple no even respond to my question
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2013
Help!!!

I have an issue @ hand..do u ve any 1 in Mun..cos my status changed to decision made a week ago, bt I haven't recd an email(congratulatory email) from the school, others have and even gotten scanned copies of their admision letter...I mailed the school severally sinx monday, they just replied me 2day, telln me a letter (not ur admission letter) has been sent to my mailing address. Bt my problem is I have asked them to send me a soft copy, they aint responding..bt d another guy who asked 4 a soft copy d same tym, has recievd his..am really confused here cos others have confirmed gettn a mail telln them to fill d accept/decline info..bt I haven't..I even sent anoda mail tonight asking if I can also feel the accept/decline form..they haven't responded still..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 11:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
I want to know where and how to submit my visa application in lagos.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 11:47pm On Apr 03, 2013
dommakavelli:

Na wa º°˚ pple no even respond to my question

Lol.. i had same problem when i was filling my form, all i did was, filled in what i was currently doing ! and it allowed me to validate, just put in what u currently doing, if u workin put in that, if u studying just put in that..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
Da-range:
@oga siga pls answer the dude's question.
....they dont ask for a new statement after submission...but these CDHC people are baba were ....u never can tell if an id1ot will request a new one...but, by principle...wat u submit is wat they use....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 12:20am On Apr 04, 2013
bukahands:

I also sent my documents today via Nipost registered mail mine cos 640naira, but is there a way to trace the documents.
And for ur application fee, u can pay with GTBmastercard, UBA mastercard etc, its fast and convenient

Goodluck
U can trace the document with the number that they will give u, the number is always duplicate, they will put one on ur parcel and they will give u one.
Abt the mastercard, how can I pay tru GTB mastercard or UBA when I don't even hv an account with them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:49am On Apr 04, 2013
ferdimako:

He was replacing sorry Nigerian state with Canadian procedure. He felt he wouldn't undergo this rigor if Nigerian state is like what's obtainable in Europe or America. You know things are done differently with ease for those people.

I quite understand that the procedure is tough and seem quite unfair however, they just have to do what is best to protect their country. Besides, countries treat people based on the way their people are also treated visa wise and same happens to the number of years they stamp on your passport thus, I don't think it happens only to Nigerians. I think China too goes through similar procedures like ours. Besides, I think population may also account for one of the reason why the process is a bit slow for us.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:55am On Apr 04, 2013
teexzle: Help!!!

I have an issue @ hand..do u ve any 1 in Mun..cos my status changed to decision made a week ago, bt I haven't recd an email(congratulatory email) from the school, others have and even gotten scanned copies of their admision letter...I mailed the school severally sinx monday, they just replied me 2day, telln me a letter (not ur admission letter) has been sent to my mailing address. Bt my problem is I have asked them to send me a soft copy, they aint responding..bt d another guy who asked 4 a soft copy d same tym, has recievd his..am really confused here cos others have confirmed gettn a mail telln them to fill d accept/decline info..bt I haven't..I even sent anoda mail tonight asking if I can also feel the accept/decline form..they haven't responded still..

I would advise you call the graduate coordinator of your department to know what the decision is concerning your admission that way you can know what to expect in the letter sent to your mailing address.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:59am On Apr 04, 2013
Odinwa:
U can trace the document with the number that they will give u, the number is always duplicate, they will put one on ur parcel and they will give u one.
Abt the mastercard, how can I pay tru GTB mastercard or UBA when I don't even hv an account with them?

Walk into any of their branch and ask for the procedure of getting a prepaid debit/credit card because if you choose to open an account now, I don't know how soon you will get your debit card.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 4:41am On Apr 04, 2013
Most ATM card can be used for online transaction. So go ur bank and explain to them what u want and they will advice u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by odeku55(m): 4:44am On Apr 04, 2013
Am a september applicant and i got my TRV on feb 19th, going to thompson rivers university, kamloops..pls i realli need someone who is living there already.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 4:47am On Apr 04, 2013
odeku55: Am a september applicant and i got my TRV on feb 19th, going to thompson rivers university, kamloops..pls i realli need someone who is living there already.

when did you apply sir? can u kindly share that with the house.. !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by odeku55(m): 4:59am On Apr 04, 2013
Goldie20:

when did you apply sir? can u kindly share that with the house.. !

Actually i was to travel by dec ,2013, but i sumbmitted late (second week of sept), was cald for medicals on d 8th of jan whereas my sch resumed lectures jan,7th and i was told by d embassy to choose a new start date...so i chose sept.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 5:06am On Apr 04, 2013
odeku55:
Actually i was to travel by dec ,2013, but i sumbmitted late (second week of sept), was cald for medicals on d 8th of jan whereas my sch resumed lectures jan,7th and i was told by d embassy to choose a new start date...so i chose sept.

sweet.. congratulations...iwinosajack just got his trv the other day, he's heading to TRU.. also... !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by odeku55(m): 5:09am On Apr 04, 2013
Goldie20:

sweet.. congratulations...iwinosajack just got his trv the other day, he's heading to TRU.. also... !
Wow..dats gud..is he also going by sept.?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 5:13am On Apr 04, 2013
odeku55:
Wow..dats gud..is he also going by sept.?

I have no idea.. can't really recall if he was or not..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Burningflamz: 5:22am On Apr 04, 2013
Get 2 admissions.1 related to ur 1st degree ,d other ur business management.use the related. Admin letter for visa processing.Option 2 is get a related course from a sch that offers same business management,when u get their,try to change programes.
movein: Thank you bro.. I really appreciate, but do you have any advice for me? How about if i back it up with a letter of intent

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 6:05am On Apr 04, 2013
onuawuchi: I want to know where and how to submit my visa application in lagos.
I know my question is a very simple one. I'm wondering if its that simple to be ignored. Please can someone help me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 6:40am On Apr 04, 2013
odeku55:

Kindly share wit the house the docx u submitted. Did u apply ur self or thru agent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by odeku55(m): 7:40am On Apr 04, 2013
xtus:

Kindly share wit the house the docx u submitted. Did u apply ur self or thru agent
I applied thru an agent (maple education canada). Cant realli remember all d documents i submitted,,but here r d ones i can remember for now..ssce cert, university transcripts, nysc cert, affidavit of support, my dad's personal statement of account, business transaction receipts, police report, deeds of assignments and so on.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 04, 2013
GboyegaD:

I quite understand that the procedure is tough and seem quite unfair however, they just have to do what is best to protect their country. Besides, countries treat people based on the way their people are also treated visa wise and same happens to the number of years they stamp on your passport thus, I don't think it happens only to Nigerians. I think China too goes through similar procedures like ours. Besides, I think population may also account for one of the reason why the process is a bit slow for us.

Yeah but you just have to take ur disappointment and anger to somewhere.Some people don't though.Handle it your way according your understanding and mental strength in order not to go mad.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 7:45am On Apr 04, 2013
Siga: ....they dont ask for a new statement after submission...but these CDHC people are baba were ....u never can tell if an id1ot will request a new one...but, by principle...wat u submit is wat they use....
@oga Siga. Pls does this mean dat they dn't av d right to request from banks of applicants account balances? Cos I'd all along believed they do dat a couple of times b4 they issue d visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 7:54am On Apr 04, 2013
odeku55:
I applied thru an agent (maple education canada). Cant realli remember all d documents i submitted,,but here r d ones i can remember for now..ssce cert, university transcripts, nysc cert, affidavit of support, my dad's personal statement of account, business transaction receipts, police report, deeds of assignments and so on.
How much was ur agency fee??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 8:05am On Apr 04, 2013
ZionSpecie:
@oga Siga. Pls does this mean dat they dn't av d right to request from banks of applicants account balances? Cos I'd all along believed they do dat a couple of times b4 they issue d visa.
No Bank will ever give out your account balance to third party except you give signed authorization/consent to do so(I stand to be corrected though)
The embassy will also contact the bank to verify the authenticity of the account and the account holder. From my own perspective,they may also fax the copy of the statement u submitted to the Bank to confirm this and the balance as at the time you submitted.
I repeat,no bank will reveal your account balance even to your spouse. But in some case like: investigative enquiry by security agents,it may needed and some procedures will be followed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 8:35am On Apr 04, 2013
newacca:
No Bank will ever give out your account balance to third party except you give signed authorization/consent to do so(I stand to be corrected though)
The embassy will also contact the bank to verify the authenticity of the account and the account holder. From my own perspective,they may also fax the copy of the statement u submitted to the Bank to confirm this and the balance as at the time you submitted.
I repeat,no bank will reveal your account balance even to your spouse. But in some case like: investigative enquiry by security agents,it may needed and some procedures will be followed.
Very nice input there bro. How far wt ur new admission process? Got a school yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by odeku55(m): 8:46am On Apr 04, 2013
teexzle:
How much was ur agency fee??
Paid slightly over 3000 USD ..dey gave my 3yrs multiple
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by odeku55(m): 8:50am On Apr 04, 2013
newacca:
U are very correct
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 9:12am On Apr 04, 2013
odeku55:
Paid slightly over 3000 USD ..dey gave my 3yrs multiple
Wow! Anyway I called maple leaf and when they told me about the amount they re charging, I hv no option but to do everything myself
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by odeku55(m): 9:26am On Apr 04, 2013
Odinwa:
Wow! Anyway I called maple leaf and when they told me about the amount they re charging, I hv no option but to do everything myself
Lol..i had to let maple handle it to make it faster and easier because i was in ukraine as at dat time, rounding up my bachelor degree

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (444)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.