Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,538 members, 7,888,724 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491354 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:09am On Jun 05, 2013
Karioska:
U are the best thanks pls which one be C D oo
Credit card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:28am On Jun 05, 2013
coachee1: please am still waiting for your advices on my circumstance:::::::::guys, my interview is on 17th june that is in two weeks time but there are some things that i am afraid of concerning my interview. First of all, my statement was issued by a company who acts as my sponsor and employer. And since i am goin for an undergraduate course, it is expected that i will have to show the company's expected profit for sponsoring me, so i decided to make an employment letter, letter of leave/allowance for education abroad and letter of legal agreement with the company that after schooling that i will come back for my work. All these things are just to prove my tie to my country. Please is the us embassy going to verify all these documents. If yes what do i do please help me out guys. Please guys mek una yarn me .

First, how old are you? If you are still within the acceptable age bracket of starting undergraduate studies (17-20), then those employment letters would be totally unnecessary. First of all, how would the company employ you in the first place when you have no B.sc? And possibly NYSC? In Nigeria? And why will they be willing to have you work for them on your return given that you don't even have a B.Sc yet? Unless you say you were employed using your HND degree. But still, the job won't be as full as when you got it with a B.Sc that can demand sponsorship. You need to ask yourself these questions. Definitely, you'll be asked what you've been doing since secondary school, you can tell them how you were running a computer program at so-so school, how you worked a little with the certificate as a ****(anything you feel like calling), etc. In my opinion, these are what are expected of a prospective undergraduate fresh from secondary school.

If then you happen to be older than 20, you can try the reasons I gave you above. In addition, 'I ran an ND program from this year to that year', and then 'HND from that year to that one' etc. All these are just so that you can close your gap since finishing secondary school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:39am On Jun 05, 2013
dtabimbola: Hi, Gurus in d house...pls if any one see available date, PM me ooo. And also, is it advisable to choose Abuja despite previous Lagos appointment with denial history?
Thks.

You can choose either above all, pray for God's favor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 05, 2013
@Coachee1, how old are you? Sorry i missed a word.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 9:37am On Jun 05, 2013
Guys u won't believe! I called the us embassy and they scheduled an appointment for me she even gave me options of many dates avaialble for me to pick! I can't remeber the persons handle that gave me the advice to call but I just wanna say thank you!
To those that hvnt booked and wanna book pls call them on 09-4601748
@ topzy2000 and others

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 05, 2013
@Mario, you're welcome. Obviously, visa interview is always psycological n d VO tries to verify the information you provided to them. First, he views your visa profile, he then looks at you in the eyes and asks questions to verify your application. That is why you mustn't sound fake but natural and do not be desperate. They know the US is not only the country you could get quality education. So they ask "why do you want to go to America?" Immediately the VO looks into your eyes and check ur academic history. After that, he focuses on your I-20 and passport. Guy buy me a drink lol? Just kidding..will continue later...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 9:46am On Jun 05, 2013
dkgetmuny: Emirates still goes for 139k to jfk, any1 still interested

Pls what about to atlanta?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:50am On Jun 05, 2013
teejay_GO01: Guys u won't believe! I called the us embassy and they scheduled an appointment for me she even gave me options of many dates avaialble for me to pick! I can't remeber the persons handle that gave me the advice to call but I just wanna say thank you!
@ topzy2000 and others

I'm glad you finally got to book your visa appointment. I know you're relaxed now. Cos you've been bothered for sometime now.

Now, go get your visa!!!

In times like this when certain online transactions fail, especially with foreign websites/companies, phone call is usually the next best option. People need to learn to patronize phone calls as another option.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 9:52am On Jun 05, 2013
@De tus..but there's no whre on d ds-160 to write academic history that is for graduate students who have a lot of work experience after I put my work experience shud I still put my bsc n secondary skool there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:54am On Jun 05, 2013
teejay_GO01:

Yes, its still available. Just go to http://fly4.emirates.com and book your flight. To book, you'll enter your departure place, arrival destination, and your departure date (for one-way). You'll also select the class of flight, whether economy, business or first class. Click on 'find flight'. A list of emirates flights leaving that day will be displayed, starting from the least price to the most expensive. Difference in cost is a function of the type and age of the airplane airlifting for each flight anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 10:13am On Jun 05, 2013
@ Bigfrancis thanks! Ok I'll check it out. Yes oh I'm getting it for sure my faith is in God!

@ Ojap thanks too wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 11:31am On Jun 05, 2013
hi all. please i want to book for interview next week, what are the major documents i need to get from my sponsor? Statement of account, sponsorship letter and which other thing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 05, 2013
@teejay_G001. There's a place where u fill in education history. Just fill in ur BSc if u r going for masters and do nt fill in secondary school history.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
De Tus: @teejay_G001. There's a place where u fill in education history. Just fill in ur BSc if u r going for masters and do nt fill in secondary school history.

Chei I didn't fill in anything for the 1st interview oh hope that didn't affect me too.
What I saw was work/ education history, after I've filled in work then I fill in education abi?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
Someone wants to do the registartion of toefl for me-15000naira and sat for 10000naira.. Should i go for it ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 1:04pm On Jun 05, 2013
Amefrica: Someone wants to do the registartion of toefl for me-15000naira and sat for 10000naira.. Should i go for it ?

You, you nor dey hear abi? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2013
fittty:

wetin i do bro ? I no fit do am myself, and i don consult 3 people for toefl. 43000, 40000 and 15000 (cc) naira respectively..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 1:23pm On Jun 05, 2013
Amefrica:

wetin i do bro ? I no fit do am myself, and i don consult 3 people for toefl. 43000, 40000 and 15000 (cc) naira respectively..

@AMEFIRCA !!! You can do the registration urself and the cost will reduce.
Kudos to Big francis for the hint.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by coachee1(m): 1:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
De Tus: @Coachee1, ur choice of words during the interview will determine whether ur documents would be checked or not. How are you? How long have you worked for this company? If you can give me more info abt urself, i will tell you wat strategy to use to win on ur interview...lol.
...........okay @de tus my age na 20 and na only ssce i hold together with some computer certificates. The real person employed in the company is my fada so with his help, he managed to convince the manager and other executives to provide a bank statement for me and he also told dem (abwt me his son and my educational pursuit) so just incase the vo wanted to knw why or how i managed to get a companys bankstatement, during my ds-160 i filled d name of the company as my employer and my level of employment as an assistant computer operator. And that the company is sending me and some other bright workers outside to develop our skills and knowledge and for the upliftment and improvment of the company. So just to strenghten diz tie that am claiming now, i want to make those documents i mentioned earlier . Pls give ur clues on the interview questions and how to tacle dem. Tnx man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
fittty:

Leave the boy now, when dem 19 am, we go remind am. Shebi dem don know say he get N200k and the person just wan collect him share. If TOEFL cost $185, why would you want to sit for the exam for N15k? I wonder whether na smartness be that one.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by coachee1(m): 1:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
De Tus: @Coachee1, how old are you? Sorry i missed a word.
just 20yrs ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lolabunny90: 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
Please alert when interview dates become available!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
GboyegaD:

Leave the boy now, when dem 19 am, we go remind am. Shebi dem don know say he get N200k and the person just wan collect him share. If TOEFL cost $185, why would you want to sit for the exam for N15k? I wonder whether na smartness be that one.

Pls boss, how i go do am myself.? I no get visa card na only master card i get.. I wan register latest friday.. Pls direct me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
Amefrica:

Pls boss, how i go do am myself.? I no get visa card na only master card i get.. I wan register latest friday.. Pls direct me

Read through Bigfrancis's post on page 99 where you have details on how you go about registering for your exams via phone call.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by topzy2000: 2:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
teejay_GO01: Guys u won't believe! I called the us embassy and they scheduled an appointment for me she even gave me options of many dates avaialble for me to pick! I can't remeber the persons handle that gave me the advice to call but I just wanna say thank you!
@ topzy2000 and others

O boi. Didnt see this till now. Called them and they said no dates.

Abeg remember the person that advised you to call make him give me advise na.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by topzy2000: 4:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:

From your full interview, I strongly feel that your main problem was the financial statement part. Honestly, you really did well. As you've planned, going back with a personal statement reflecting at least N5.8m will be ok.

Then another less-known factor about this whole interview thing is the likeness factor. Always pray that the VO who interviews you once he/she sees you will have some likeness for you because it really helps at times in making them grant you visa. I somehow believe that some people who got their visas, especially those who their interviews were very short that did not last up to a minute, were gainers of this likeness issue, also called favour.

Life's a funny place indeed. The VO sees a certain candidate and likes him/her immediately and immediately decides to grant him/her visa under less than a minute even without asking for GRE/bank statement, etc. And the VO will see another person and immediately decide in his mind to deny him/her under the same less than a minute. God's favour is really important. Its always good we pray for it.

Pls a quick question.

Going back to the embassy with my personal savings account worth 5.8Mil, hope it wont affect anything cos on my DS-160 form the sponsor is my Dad and I have his Fixed Deposit worth 7 Mil.

So if they ask me for my account statements, I should pass them both ? Hope they wont say the raw cash is in my name and I should be the sponsor not my dad.

Most importantly, I think its God's Favour o.... Was just thinking
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2013
teejay_GO01:

Emirate doesn't go to atlanta...it goes to newyork and houston...so u take a connecting flight to atlanta from newyork or houston...its way cheaper than taking delta to atlanta which cost over 300k for one way nd 200+ for return
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2013
dkgetmuny: .
Emirate doesn't go to atlanta...it goes to newyork and houston...so u take a connecting flight to atlanta from newyork or houston...its way cheaper than taking delta to atlanta which cost over 300k for one way nd 200+ for return
Home boy is right...heading to Atlanta too...got Emirate to JFK...then Delta from JFK to ATL...all for about 180k...because the Emirate I paid for is just 1hr 40mins layover...so you can get it cheaper if you go for the 7hrs and above layovers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 5:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
Please house am about filling another ds-160 and would like to use most of the info on the old ds-160. Is there a way to merge the two...? Sure I can retrieve it but I don't know hw to incorporate the info in the new one. (((((Thanks))))) .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ystd4567: 6:43pm On Jun 05, 2013
@llasadem

Refer back to my post to ibkgbocco on page 90. The info you need is there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
ApachaiHopachai:
Home boy is right...heading to Atlanta too...got Emirate to JFK...then Delta from JFK to ATL...all for about 180k...because the Emirate I paid for is just 1hr 40mins layover...so you can get it cheaper if you go for the 7hrs and above layovers.

Oh really? I guess I'll do that too then. Where did u book the delta:jkf-atl?

When do u guys think the emirates prices will go up? Or it'll still be like this for a while.

@ topzy2000 wow that's surprising cos she gave me dates in june n july that were avialble I advise u call in the morning around 9am. I can't rem the name oh but go back like 10 pgs u'll see the person that wrote interview can also be booked by phone. Dnt worry u'll get a date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
dkgetmuny: .

Emirates goes Atlanta, but when you land at JFK, they'll connect you to a Delta flight bound for Atlanta. Though booking on emirates from Lagos to Atlanta is expensive - $1706 or N271,254. I just booked LOS-ATL and saw $1706.

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.