Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,566 members, 7,888,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 04:06 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491373 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Seunbunmi(m): 5:24pm On Jun 04, 2013
bigfrancis021:
Emirates of course! cheesy
But only if you'd be staying more than 24 hours in waiting. grin
Lolss okay sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 04, 2013
pls help me oo.. Which one is additional test in SAT ? Do i need some additional test ? I'm confused, i wanted to register today bt i heard theres whats called additional test.. Pls help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 04, 2013
eucharia64: @Amefrica can u please forward me materials for toefl on teegal_ebony@yahoo.com am in dire need of it ASAP

i never register for toefl yet, nah sat dey delay me.. I wan write sat 1st
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 04, 2013
lisadem: [color=#000099][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Lol... #TeamWeWillGetThere.jack wella and blast am once. All da best.

Yea bro. We gonna make it, i wanted to register 4 sat today bt they were telling me i need additional test. Im confused
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2013
Good day house, please is anyone going for msc petroleum geology, I need urgent information. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by coachee1(m): 6:24pm On Jun 04, 2013
guys, my interview is on 17th june that is in two weeks time but there are some things that i am afraid of concerning my interview. First of all, my statement was issued by a company who acts as my sponsor and employer. And since i am goin for an undergraduate course, it is expected that i will have to show the company's expected profit for sponsoring me, so i decided to make an employment letter, letter of leave/allowance for education abroad and letter of legal agreement with the company that after schooling that i will come back for my work. All these things are just to prove my tie to my country. Please is the us embassy going to verify all these documents. If yes what do i do please help me out guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by rockyeweka(m): 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2013
Am a lil bit disappointed, I got my i20 a lil bit late,and school just resumed this week, I have been trying to secure a date at the embassy but d date I got is for June 26, and if I hold on to this date, I might be refused visa at the embasssy, due to the time aspect in which the school resumed. So I don't know if it is gonna be wise for me to defer the admission to fall session, since the rate of getting the visa at dis point is very slim. I need advice urgently from the house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
rockyeweka: Am a lil bit disappointed, I got my i20 a lil bit late,and school just resumed this week, I have been trying to secure a date at the embassy but d date I got is for June 26, and if I hold on to this date, I might be refused visa at the embasssy, due to the time aspect in which the school resumed. So I don't know if it is gonna be wise for me to defer the admission to fall session, since the rate of getting the visa at dis point is very slim. I need advice urgently from the house.
To be on α safer side, please defer your admission †̥o spring 2014 session.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by coachee1(m): 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2013
please am still waiting for your advices on my circumstance:::::::::guys, my interview is on 17th june that is in two weeks time but there are some things that i am afraid of concerning my interview. First of all, my statement was issued by a company who acts as my sponsor and employer. And since i am goin for an undergraduate course, it is expected that i will have to show the company's expected profit for sponsoring me, so i decided to make an employment letter, letter of leave/allowance for education abroad and letter of legal agreement with the company that after schooling that i will come back for my work. All these things are just to prove my tie to my country. Please is the us embassy going to verify all these documents. If yes what do i do please help me out guys. Please guys mek una yarn me .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 6:55pm On Jun 04, 2013
Amefrica: pls help me oo.. Which one is additional test in SAT ? Do i need some additional test ? I'm confused, i wanted to register today bt i heard theres whats called additional test.. Pls help

padimi, register for TOEFL first, i think the last test date for this year will be 28th Sept. While there are no more test date for SAT this year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
bones007:

walking or shopping in dubai airport duty free is enough, u will really enjoy the view, u dont need to go outside from the airport to avoid missing ur nxt flight except if emirate are providing u hotel which i even doubt they only give u transit visa and hotel only if its 24hrs+ and getting transit visa is easy but to know wheere they get it is the wala(the airport is too huge). i will advise u not to leave the airport cos is too big for u to be walking around to get transit visa, except if u are going with someone who have been travelling before.

i think the free stopover is for flights with over 8 hours but less than 24 hours in transit then u get free visa and hotel... know someone that got it last year except they've changed it now. and they will drop u at the airport and pick you up. but u have to make sure there's no flight leaving earlier.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2013
7 hours stopover in dubai airport even with family is no joke at all not to talk of 16 hours...been there. check if you are eligible for the free stopover thing and use it. but if ur stopover is longer than 4 hours you can get a free meal voucher from emirates.

if they tell you you are not eligible for the free stopover and you have booked your ticket already, then u can ask for the free transit visa. they have this thing going on where you get free visa if your transit is less than 36hours provided u buy a hotel stay from them. shouldn't be more than $80 and they'll pick u up from the airport & hotel, free breakfast, meet and greet . Just phone emirates before you leave, its always good to ask.

But i am 100% sure the free stopover is for flights with stopovers higher than 8hours but less than 24hours provided there's no earlier connecting flight. so you might want to check other flight options first.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Seunbunmi(m): 7:16pm On Jun 04, 2013
olu16: 7 hours stopover in dubai airport even with family is no joke at all not to talk of 16 hours...been there. check if you are eligible for the free stopover thing and use it. but if ur stopover is longer than 4 hours you can get a free meal voucher from emirates.
My bro you can say that again...how do i check if i'm eligible? because my stopover is 16hrs plus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 04, 2013
Seunbunmi:
My bro you can say that again...how do i check if i'm eligible? because my stopover is 16hrs plus

the only way you wouldn't be eligible is if there's an earlier connecting flight to your final destination

i just edited my post, so many other options if you are not eligible.
hope it helps...
p.s not a bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kassidy4luv(m): 7:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
Plz wen is D last date for GRE this year ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Seunbunmi(m): 7:41pm On Jun 04, 2013
olu16:

the only way you wouldn't be eligible is if there's an earlier connecting flight to your final destination

i just edited my post, so many other options if you are not eligible.
hope it helps...
p.s not a bro
Okay thanks sis cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 04, 2013
gr8ever:

padimi, register for TOEFL first, i think the last test date for this year will be 28th Sept. While there are no more test date for SAT this year.

Yepa!! I go write Toefl soon, shey i go stil meet 2014 spring admission.. I hear say SAT dey necessary, n u talk say no more test date for SAT. Advise me, i wan do dis tests sharperly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by rockyeweka(m): 7:58pm On Jun 04, 2013
I got admitted into summer 2013 at texas a/m univ, but my i20 came in very late, and school resumed this week. I don't know know if I can defer my admission to fall , which is August this year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
rockyeweka: Am a lil bit disappointed, I got my i20 a lil bit late,and school just resumed this week, I have been trying to secure a date at the embassy but d date I got is for June 26, and if I hold on to this date, I might be refused visa at the embasssy, due to the time aspect in which the school resumed. So I don't know if it is gonna be wise for me to defer the admission to fall session, since the rate of getting the visa at dis point is very slim. I need advice urgently from the house.

At this point, you have two options:
1) Either you contact your school and confirm if you can resume school 1/2 weeks late, and then call the embassy asking for an expedited interview date or
2) You defer your admission from summer to fall. Deferring your admission to Fall 2013 would be more preferable than Spring 2014.

rockyeweka: I got admitted into summer 2013 at texas a/m univ, but my i20 came in very late, and school resumed this week. I don't know know if I can defer my admission to fall , which is August this year

Yes you can. Just contact your school immediately and tell them. At least you'd have more time to prepare and organize yourself before you travel.
@Bolded: that's a good school you got there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
Amefrica:

Yepa!! I go write Toefl soon, shey i go stil meet 2014 spring admission.. I hear say SAT dey necessary, n u talk say no more test date for SAT. Advise me, i wan do dis tests sharperly.

next SAT is in October. last one was 1st June. dunno if the one for october will hold in Nigeria though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
olsmade:

next SAT is in October. last one was 1st June. dunno if the one for october will hold in Nigeria though.

that one is not for international test taker's
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 04, 2013
gr8ever:

that one is not for international test taker's

pls answer n advise me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by rockyeweka(m): 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2013
[quote author=bigfrancis021]

At this point, you have two options:
1) Either you contact your school and confirm if you can resume school 1/2 weeks late, and then call the embassy asking for an expedited interview date or
2) You defer your admission from summer to fall. Deferring your admission to Fall 2013 would be more preferable than Spring 2014.

Yes you can. Just contact your school immediately and tell them. At least you'd have more time to prepare and organize yourself before you travel.
@Bolded: that's a good school you got there.[/quourote] Am very greatful for your advice, I will try and call d embassy if I can get a speedy interview before next week, or I defer the admission to fall to enable me prepare properly. Am very greatful for your speedy response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Karioska(m): 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2013
rockyeweka: I got admitted into summer 2013 at texas a/m univ, but my i20 came in very late, and school resumed this week. I don't know know if I can defer my admission to fall , which is August this year
Yes summer1 has resume. Request for a new I20 for fall ASAP send in new financial document and follow it up with calls. August is already round the corner. Same thing happened to me I almost missed fall
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2013
olu16:

i think the free stopover is for flights with over 8 hours but less than 24 hours in transit then u get free visa and hotel... know someone that got it last year except they've changed it now. and they will drop u at the airport and pick you up. but u have to make sure there's no flight leaving earlier.

i dont really knw about that,cos i only used the service once and that was because my flight was the next day, so i had to get the transit visa + emirate hotel thing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 10:22pm On Jun 04, 2013
Seunbunmi:

you said it all "withh family" of course u dont enjoy trips wit family members, i travel with my friends.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Karioska(m): 12:16am On Jun 05, 2013
smithjanetstore: @bigfrancis21 and Karioska www.asaptickets.com its an online processing so you have to make payments online with (C D) or call thier customer service for more enquiries thier major airlines are....

QATAR AIRWAYS
TURKISH AIRLINES
ETHOPIAN AIRLINE
IBERIA

My friend did his own online with his fathers (C D)and it was successful

U are the best thanks pls which one be C D oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by humannature: 1:44am On Jun 05, 2013
coachee1: please am still waiting for your advices on my circumstance:::::::::guys, my interview is on 17th june that is in two weeks time but there are some things that i am afraid of concerning my interview. First of all, my statement was issued by a company who acts as my sponsor and employer. And since i am goin for an undergraduate course, it is expected that i will have to show the company's expected profit for sponsoring me, so i decided to make an employment letter, letter of leave/allowance for education abroad and letter of legal agreement with the company that after schooling that i will come back for my work. All these things are just to prove my tie to my country. Please is the us embassy going to verify all these documents. If yes what do i do please help me out guys. Please guys mek una yarn me .first of all ask yourself this question, where and how are they going to verifey dose papers, the only thing they verify are things that are connected to dem like sevis,receipt, and standard exams, they dnt even have time to check ur account statement, cos every decision is gona b made with that ur 2mins interview, so trust me wen I say that ur idea is smart but b confidence enuff to defend it n make sure it looks original
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dtabimbola(m): 3:11am On Jun 05, 2013
Hi, Gurus in d house...pls if any one see available date, PM me ooo. And also, is it advisable to choose Abuja despite previous Lagos appointment with denial history?
Thks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 5:43am On Jun 05, 2013
Emirates still goes for 139k to jfk, any1 still interested
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 05, 2013
@Coachee1, ur choice of words during the interview will determine whether ur documents would be checked or not. How are you? How long have you worked for this company? If you can give me more info abt urself, i will tell you wat strategy to use to win on ur interview...lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mario2575: 8:01am On Jun 05, 2013
@De tus..Please can you be kind enough with us and share how to do great in the interview and possible avoid the VO asking for docs.Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.