Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,612 members, 7,888,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:13 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491394 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2013
More date are available frm 13th of June to 2nd of July for your Visa appointment. Hurry now and apply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2013
effulgence: Hello everyone,many thanks to all of you for giving information and advising prospective students who want to study in the US.I just learnt from this forum that one must apply for student visa 120 days before resumption date. Now I am yet to apply for interview because my I-20 form is yet to arrive.my question is Should I go ahead and schedule an interview considering the 120 days rule because I feel its late to apply now or what do you suggest I do?I am for fall 2013.Thanks

No one ever said that o! grin
What 120 days mean is that you can only apply for your student visa within 120 days or 4 months before your resumption date. Any date within this 4 months period is valid for applying for student visa. Also, you can't enter more than one month before your school resumption date. Meaning after getting your visa, say 2 months or 3 months ahead of your school resumption date, you can't travel until its one month to your resumption date. You can only travel from one month to your school resumption date and downwards.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2013
All correct mr bigfrancis. Thats why i dont like posting on this thread because many here are dullards, they dont understand anything. What about your interview i cant wait to see your visa approved cos you ve helped alot with this materials stuff
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 9:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
Calling pipu names is insulting. U don't av to b like dat, u r better dan dt and we all r here to learn. U don't even know a tin abt d person dat asked dt question and u cald him dollard indirectly. If e knew d ansa, e wont av asked. Wen u treat pipu like dis, it makes odas chicken away wiv questions dey wulda thrown to d house thereby, we lose d main aim of this thread wc is helping peeps solve issues. Do not take offence, am just saying my mind. Thankx
smithjanetstore: All correct mr bigfrancis. Thats why i dont like posting on this thread because many here are dullards, they dont understand anything. What about your interview i cant wait to see your visa approved cos you ve helped alot with this materials stuff

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
[quote author=fidelia.john]More date are available frm 13th of June to 2nd of July for your Visa appointment. Hurry now and appl

I don't understand y I will open it and not see the dates sad I still saw no appointments available. I don tire oh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2013
Call customer service, u can book on fone too. Goodluck dear
[quote author=teejay_GO01][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 9:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
For those travelling to USA i got this flight info online very cheap ticket from Lagos to New york for just 769$ R/T
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 9:25pm On Jun 02, 2013
smithjanetstore: For those travelling to USA i got this flight info online very cheap ticket from Lagos to New york for just 769$ R/T
Which airline's that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2013
smithjanetstore: All correct mr bigfrancis. Thats why i dont like posting on this thread because many here are dullards, they dont understand anything. What about your interview i cant wait to see your visa approved cos you ve helped alot with this materials stuff

Please, let's avoid calling people names.
My interview comes up in a few weeks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hope4me2012: 10:20pm On Jun 02, 2013
fidelia.john:
More date are available frm 13th of June to 2nd of July for your Visa appointment. Hurry now and apply.

Thanx for this info. I had booked for last wk in june, now my I-20 arrived earlier. I would have cancelled and taken this june 13 date but i hav changed appointment 3 times already.
I think the mrv ticket is exhausted.
Has anyone rescheduled their appointment more than 3 times before. Pls inform.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2013
realshel: Pls I need materials for toefl nd GMAT Exam. Email me Getramon01@gmail.com,

are u reading this thread at all, u should know u email selfstudy360@gmail.com to get any materials.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 10:44pm On Jun 02, 2013
virgin ice: Call customer service, u can book on fone too. Goodluck dear
Can I call customer care to help me cancel and appointment and reschedule to a nearer date??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by topzy2000: 11:17pm On Jun 02, 2013
teejay_GO01: @ Topsy 2000 when u see a date pls Pm me I think its because we were denied b4 that's y its difficult

Mr Teejay, I don't think so. The appointment thing doesnt have anything to do with denials. Its too be checking 24/7 online for a date. I saw July 2nd yesterday but the thing disappeared like lightning in a couple of seconds.

Na to dey pray dey check patiently online unless you want to pay all this guys that do such things.

@ house: what is the maximum no of times someone can refresh that calendar page ? After I refresh like 5 times it tells me

"You have exceeded the limit for viewing this page and your limit will be reset as of tomorrow."

This doesnt make sense if we can only refresh a few times. angry[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ystd4567: 11:33pm On Jun 02, 2013
Going through the comments posted on dress code has prompted me to drop some few words. What to wear on your interview day should be the least of your concern! Your dresscode is no determining factor to your visa approval. However, that doesn't mean one should dress shabbily; so far you wear something PRESENTABLE and that you are COMFORTABLE in, then you are good to go. If you feel good and comfy in knacking your suit and tie, good; but don't expect this will get your visa approved. Same goes for casual wears. When I had my interview, the two F1 visa applicants whose interview I witnessed were corporately dressed and casually dressed respectively but were both denied. Bottomline is, all one should focus on/bother about is how to concisely and explicitly state ones case to the VO when asked any questions. Dresscode have negligible/NO effect on visa approval/denial!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 6:07am On Jun 03, 2013
Atimes I marvel at the kinda questions asked on dis forum...while I agree that nobody knows it all, at the same time no one shld hide under the cliche of 'No question is too stupid or silly to ask' some basic research shld av bn done before u make up ur mind to school in the United states..also most questions asked here will be answered if you go through this thread from the beginning, so I bliv some people are just bn lazy and want to be spoon fed..it will interest u to know that some people don't ever say anytin here until they get their Visas...why? Just because they av gone tru d thread from the very first day nd find all dia answers in there..I am not saying people shld not ask questions, cos I myself still av a whole lot to ask but atleast ask question that makes u look like you are mentally and psychologically prepared to face the V.O and ultimately school in the US..

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by chatdare(m): 6:17am On Jun 03, 2013
Plz I need pple that have been to the embassy for visa help me throw some ligth on this. The am applying to in the US do accept NECO result,but a friend of mine told me that us embassy don't recognise Neco result at d embassy. Plz hw true is this ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 03, 2013
pls oo dis is a silly and dumb question. But i will appreciate if someone can answer me..
Can 200K finish the whole student visa stuff, from SAT to I-20, and visa fee ? Excluding school fees and air ticket..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mario2575: 6:47am On Jun 03, 2013
@Amefrica I think 200k is more than enough for the processing to get a student visa so you are good to go !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RedReact: 6:50am On Jun 03, 2013
Amefrica: pls oo dis is a silly and dumb question. But i will appreciate if someone can answer me..
Can 200K finish the whole student visa stuff, from SAT to I-20, and visa fee ? Excluding school fees and air ticket..
Bros, I like your style of using a stone to kill 2 birds, but at the same time, you ascend a stairs from its base level. If I were you, all my focus should exclude visa and the handbags it carries and face SAT/TOEFL. That is your first hurdle. How to register and pay for it? How to prepared hard for it? Those are the main issues you are to face now.
Register -> Read -> Write -> Pass your exams first
After that, you can now start wrestling with visa.
Is it okay?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 03, 2013
RedReact:
Bros, I like your style of using a stone to kill 2 birds, but at the same time, you ascend a stairs from its base level. If I were you, all my focus should exclude visa and the handbags it carries and face SAT/TOEFL. That is your first hurdle. How to register and pay for it? How to prepared hard for it? Those are the main issues you are to face now.
Register -> Read -> Write -> Pass your exams first
After that, you can now start wrestling with visa.
Is it okay?

thanks but my question is not answerf thru ur post. My P man, jus gav me 200K to process it, i was like, it aint even enuf
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 03, 2013
mario2575: @Amefrica I think 200k is more than enough for the processing to get a student visa so you are good to go !

thanks bro, this is what i want to hear..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 7:15am On Jun 03, 2013
Amefrica:

thanks bro, this is what i want to hear..

I agree with him on this. Just take it one step at a time. And to answer your question, it depends on a lot of factors - the calibre of schools you r applying to, the number of schools etc. Some schools require you to pay a deposit b4 issuing their I-20 and this could go as high as $600 but 200k shd be enuf i.e. if you av not spent in on other things when time comes for i20 and visa interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 7:46am On Jun 03, 2013
Amefrica: pls oo dis is a silly and dumb question. But i will appreciate if someone can answer me..

No question is dumb. Most people on this thread once started like you. Ask what you don't know or aren't sure about. And 200k is more than enough. And don't give anyone your money to get anything done for you. Scammers might just start sending you PM's now that they know you have 200k on you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mario2575: 8:07am On Jun 03, 2013
@Fittty ur post has me LMAO dis AM....' Pipo wld start sending u pm wen they know u have got 200k on you' it sounds funny but its sooo true. Sadly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Karioska(m): 8:22am On Jun 03, 2013
smithjanetstore: For those travelling to USA i got this flight info online very cheap ticket from Lagos to New york for just 769$ R/T
Pls can you provide details of this flight.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Karioska(m): 8:30am On Jun 03, 2013
raised2glory: @lisadem, there are enough centers in both Lagos and IB this month and next month.
Abeokuta do not have a center. Let me know if you interested in registering your toefl for almost half the price.
Have fun bro
Am interested what is the 411
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:40am On Jun 03, 2013

200g won't be that enough. I'll give you a quick rundown of expenses:

1) SAT: N15,000.

2) TOEFL: $175 or N28,000.

3) Application fee payment: Varies from as low as $30(N4,800) to as high as $100 (N16,000). Then multiply by the number of school's you'll be applying to.

4) Transcripts mailing + other documents to your school(s) (if online scanning isn't acceptable by your school): N600 (Registered mail) or N7,500 (Courier).

5) Bank statement mailing after you've been given admission: N600 (Registered mail) or N7,500 (Courier).

6) Paying for courier for the fast mailing of your I-20 to you, instead of by regular mail which takes 3 weeks to months: N12,000 and above. Using courier is optional anyway.

7) SEVIS fee payment: $200 or N32,000.

8.) Visa Fee: Formerly N25,600. Now N26,400 ($160 with $1 = N165 being the current exchange rate charged by the embassy).

9) Flight ticket: From N135,000 upwards. That's for the cheapest flight on emirates which is economy which you'll need to book in advance.

10) Miscellaneous expenses: budget like N10,000.

Now you do the math. cool

And please take Fitty's advice seriously. Don't give your money to any scammers posing to be visa agents, US admission experts whatever! Now that you've admitted to having 200g on you, they'll surely start sending you PMs trying to scam you in one way or the other. Please be alert!

Also, don't rush off to any overseas school agents to help you with application. That which they do you yourself can do it and even better! 95% of current and past prospective students on this thread did everything themselves - from preparing and taking their exam, school admission application, booking and attending interview to booking flight ticket. You can do it yourself.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ystd4567: 8:52am On Jun 03, 2013
@chatdare,

I have read some where on this forum where someone shared his/her F1 undergraduate interview experience in which he/she was asked if he/she wrote NECO. So, I THINK the VO should have no problem with your NECO. Also, alongside with your NECO make sure you write/present a standardised test, which in your case is SAT & TOEFL. Your standardised test would show/portray you to the VO as a serious student who has a clear intent to study in the United States.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 03, 2013
bigfrancis21:

200g won't be that enough. I'll give you a quick rundown of expenses:

1) SAT: N15,000.

2) TOEFL: $175 or N28,000.

3) Application fee payment: Varies from as low as $30(N4,800) to as high as $100 (N16,000)

4) Transcripts mailing + other documents to your school(s) (if online scanning isn't acceptable by your school): N600 (Registered mail) or N7,500 (Courier).

5) Bank statement mailing after you've been given admission: N600 (Registered mail) or N7,500 (Courier).

6) Paying for courier for the fast mailing of your I-20 to you, instead of by regular mail which takes 3 weeks to months: N12,000 and above.

7) SEVIS fee payment: N32,000 or $200.

8.) Visa Fee: Formerly N25,600. Now N26,400 ($160 with $1 = N165 being the current exchange rate charged by the embassy)

9) Flight ticket: From N135,000 upwards. That's for the cheapest flight on emirates which is economy which you'll need to book in advance.

10) Miscellaneous expenses: budget like N10,000.

Now you do the math. cool

And please take Fitty's advice seriously. Don't give your money to any scammers posing to be visa agents, US admission experts whatever! Now that you've admitted to having 200g on you, they'll surely start sending you PMs trying to scam you in one way or the other. Please be alert!

Also, don't rush off to any overseas school agents to help you with application. That which they do you yourself can do it and even better! 95% of current and past prospective students on this thread did everything themselves - preparing and taking their exam, school admission application, booking and attending interview and booking flight. You can do it yourself.

i heard i dont need Toefl, if i pass SAT very well.how true is this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by effulgence: 9:40am On Jun 03, 2013
It is disheartening to note that such a comment is coming from you.I don't insult people because I respect every human being but for you to refer me indirectly as a dullard is entirely unacceptable.And I put it to you that you are by no means better than me in any form or any way so I'm appealing that you control your utterances.Resorting to name calling isn't ideal,exercise and maintain decorum.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bodeplot: 9:42am On Jun 03, 2013
@Amefrica......Please do Toefl since u have the money to do it and blast it... it might come in handy....all the best

@ All...Pls if someone want to defer Fall2013 admission, which semester am i allowed to defer it to, Spring or Fall 2014? thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:49am On Jun 03, 2013
Amefrica:

i heard i dont need Toefl, if i pass SAT very well.how true is this

I don't know much about undergraduate study. However, Its not your SAT that determines if you write TOEFL or not. Its your school. Some schools demand TOEFL from Nigerians and some schools don't. Its left to you to visit your school's website and see if TOEFL is required from Nigerians. Which, if so, you may have to write it.

Another option to not writing the TOEFL is writing to the school requesting for a TOEFL waiver. This you'll email to your school. I don't know if this also applies to undergraduates but this is an option many prospective graduate students utilize to get the TOEFL requirement off their list.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.