Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,537 members, 7,898,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 09:24 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (492130 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:27am On Jun 19, 2013
Hello guys, I greet you all.

I have some certain questions to ask you guys.

1. I intend getting a Letter of sponsorship from my sponsor, using his company's letter headed paper because I'm using his company's Bank statement.
Should the Letter of sponsorship be Addressed to the US Embassy or should it be Addressed as "To whom it May concern"

2. My Maternal Uncle will be the one sponsoring me, should I include that he his My Maternal Uncle in the letter of sponsorship or I Should Just state ONLY in the letter os sponsorship that he his my Uncle.

3. I intend getting a Letter of Employment from my sponsor stating that I worked with him in his company as his Personal assistant. Because I graduated school 2007 and I will like to fill the gap.

Please what should be included in the Employment letter, Where is it addressed to. Will it be addressed to the US Embassy Address or my Home address.

Please I need your help guys. Your Contribution will be greatly welcomed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:36am On Jun 19, 2013
eduson002: Thanks.Is their office located @ :147b Younnis Bashorun off ajose adeogun,VI ?

@Eduson002, No oooo I didn't use the One in V.I. It is far from my home.

This is the TNT courier Plus I used: Find their Contact details below;

TNT courier Plus Contact Details;

@No 1A, Olabode Street, Off M/M Int'l Airport Road, Ajao Estate Lagos.

Their Customer care No - 07033074129 or 08163781153.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 8:44am On Jun 19, 2013
Ricky Rozay: Hello guys, I greet you all.

I have some certain questions to ask you guys.

1. I intend getting a Letter of sponsorship from my sponsor, using his company's letter headed paper because I'm using his company's Bank statement.
Should the Letter of sponsorship be Addressed to the US Embassy or should it be Addressed as "To whom it May concern"

2. My Maternal Uncle will be the one sponsoring me, should I include that he his My Maternal Uncle in the letter of sponsorship or I Should Just state ONLY in the letter os sponsorship that he his my Uncle.

3. I intend getting a Letter of Employment from my sponsor stating that I worked with him in his company as his Personal assistant. Because I graduated school 2007 and I will like to fill the gap.

Please what should be included in the Employment letter, Where is it addressed to. Will it be addressed to the US Embassy Address or my Home address.

Please I need your help guys. Your Contribution will be greatly welcomed.

1.Address ur sponsorship letter to the consular general,USA embassy

2.Let him state that he is ur maternal uncle

3 Get a normal employment letter stating ur date of resumption and salary addressed to you the employee.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by pawn89(m): 8:45am On Jun 19, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Welcome onboard. Success is yours.

Thank you very much sir,

I like to know if there are people here in nairaland that has chosen to study at Florida International University
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:46am On Jun 19, 2013
Blankcheque: [color=#000000][/color]

Bro, thanks for your comment. I really appreciate. However, the document had been sent since the 4th of June and my interview is slated for 3rd July. Feeling really tensed that if I didn't get the package this week, then things may be somehow. I have called the NIPOST headquarters and they are still claiming not have received the document. It's about 2weeks now that the package was sent via express mail which should take at most 5days.

Why not approach the Post Office closest to your house? They should be able to give you an idea of how to get it or another option is to inform the school and get them to re-issue another one and use a courier service. It isn't something to get so tensed over.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:47am On Jun 19, 2013
fidelia.john:
my I-20 came with some medical document. Is it only the first page of the I-20 that i will take to the embassy or I have to fill dis doc and take everytin along?

The entire I-20 without dettaching anything from it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 8:49am On Jun 19, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Thank God he has finally booked! I told you to keep checking back. Checking back at night and early in the morning is usually the best time.

Yes ooo tnx bro
Na warming up tins now! Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 19, 2013
@Kunsoft, sori abt ur denial. At times u need 2 lie 2 get wat u want. The VO does nt knw whether ur bro is married or nt. U only hv 2 say no n she'll think funds will be made available 2 u. Native speakers sometimes think specifically n it's pitiful. I tutored a frend of mine who r six in d family excluding d parents n warned him never 2 say they r six in d family. The VO asked him how many siblings does him hv, said only one n dat her sister wants 2 study Economics next yr so dat both of them can take over dad's biz wen they return home coz his dad is getting old. In d family, we call him "old skool" lol. The VO started laughing n said 2 d boy ur visa has been approved. Hv a lovely day. D boy told his dad abt wat happened at d embassy. The family n i are jst more than frends nw. U c d tactics? Hahaha.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:16am On Jun 19, 2013
Ope-Thanks:
Here is the interview.

Since we are married and I am already in the US, we could not think of an stronger tie than to just be consistent with what we have on both DS-160.

Note: She was interviewed by the Chinese Lady.

mw: Morning
vo: Morning. Your passport and documents please (already smiling).
vo: Where are you going in the US?
mw: Told her the Name of the school and the city.
vo: What course are you going to study? (focusing on the I-20).
mw: Masters in Public Health and .......
vo: what degree are you graduating with?
***( The course has a different name from the degree)
mw: M.Sc Health Sciences ......(At this point I think the Chinese lady was impressed and was nodding).
vo: How many schools did you apply to?
mw: Five (naming them).
vo: Why did you choose this one?
mf: I did for two reasons. (1). It's the only school that offered me a full funding.
vo: Wow, so you have a funding
mw: (2). My spouse is a current student in the school. (Should that be a red flag? Anyway, she just smiled the more nodding in agreement. This time I think she was looking at the filled DS-160).
vo: Did you write a standardized test?
mw: Yes. GRE and TOEFL.
vo: (Looking at the I-20) What does you sponsor do and how much does she earn annually?
mw: Told her
vo: Smiling.. (Chinese ladyooo) Your visa as been approved. Pick up at .....
mw: (Could not help smiling back. Said "Thank you" and left).

She did not request for any document too.

----- All I can say is that when God is for you, even "red flags" will turn in your favor.------

Thank God for you Ope. Remember that morning we met on the way to Senate in 2011 and we said we would achieve this. Thank God for His Faithfulness as it is coming to pass.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 9:17am On Jun 19, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:20am On Jun 19, 2013
eduson002:

1.Address ur sponsorship letter to the consular general,USA embassy

2.Let him state that he is ur maternal uncle

3 Get a normal employment letter stating ur date of resumption and salary addressed to you the employee.
Thanks.

Thnx bro. I don't intend telling the VO I was earning money from my Uncle's Company.

Instead I will tell him that I was assisting him and it was voluntary.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 9:23am On Jun 19, 2013
@Kunsoft, its well, don't give up, remeber lillypoppy got her own after the 4th try ( doh she neva cam back to tell us how it went)
Keep ur faith in God He turns trials into testimonies, I think u were favoured that she told u d reason for denial.

@ everyone who just got their visas congrats! Success in ur future endeavours!

June is a good month let the testiomies roll in cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 19, 2013
teejay_GO01: @Kunsoft, its well, don't give up, remeber lillypoppy got her own after the 4th try ( doh she neva cam back to tell us how it went)
Keep ur faith in God He turns trials into testimonies, I think u were favoured that she told u d reason for denial.

@ everyone who just got their visas congrats! Success in ur future endeavours!

June is a good month let the testiomies roll in cheesy

You see human beings, Lillypoppy got her thing and vanished.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 19, 2013
@ferdimako, it's okay. Let her be. She felt it's not important anymore. Wat goes around, comes around hahaha.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by chiji05: 9:59am On Jun 19, 2013
Hello Francis, i contacted u earlier with a diff username. Told u i'm applying to University of Maryland for telecommunications. U asked where i was in the application process, I am currently completing the ASF. Have already sent the transcripts and IELTS results, dont think they've reached the school, though. Are u already in UMD? thanx for all your help...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 19, 2013
@kofsy, hv u gotten urs(visa)? If yes, plz state hw ur visa was. pele boy wants to knw, lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 19, 2013
@kofsy, hv u gotten urs(visa)? If yes, plz state hw ur interview was. pele boy wants to knw, lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 10:31am On Jun 19, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by riverboy: 10:47am On Jun 19, 2013
@kunsoft... dnt give up. just try again and i bet u ,u wl b a sucess dis time around.
@bigfrancis.. true bro,south carolina is expensive bt also a cool state for learning.. although i got full funding from my school.where ar u bro. Nigeria or US?
i dnt no abt u guys bt i am sure that before this week runs out. we wl hear more good testimonies....... cheeersss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 19, 2013
Abeg oo, help me use Oju Agba look am (my admission package).
1. WAEC GCE result (statement of result) with scratch card.
2. High school transcript (SS1-3)
3. High school testimonial
4. Essay - 500words
Abeg oo what else should i add or remove..
Note: Toefl result will be out by August..
Ur comment/advice pls.. #salute
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 19, 2013
@morris, yes u need it. Take d time n go get it. The guys @ d embassy can be unpredictable sometimes. But have u ask urself wat d company sponsoring u will benefit. Prepare 4 dis question n make sure u collgate in ur interview. Believe me d VO will dance to ur tune. i knw hw white people think. Ok let me state it: The company will benefit on xxxxx when i return.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by topzy2000: 11:42am On Jun 19, 2013
Peeps needing dates... Dates are open now (10th and 11th of July)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 11:44am On Jun 19, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 11:56am On Jun 19, 2013
Hi everyone, I just scheduled my appointment this morning in Lagos, however, i wld appreciate if sm1 could give me details on how and where to pay my SEVIS fee in Cotonou, or is it seme? Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentino81(m): 11:56am On Jun 19, 2013
@ kunsoft, pls we need to talk. my e-mail; valentino4ualone@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
topzy2000: Peeps needing dates... Dates are open now (10th and 11th of July)

Are those for abuja or lagos?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
yomifowe: Hi everyone, I just scheduled my appointment this morning in Lagos, however, i wld appreciate if sm1 could give me details on how and where to pay my SEVIS fee in Cotonou, or is it seme? Thank you.

What time did u get a date.? I kept checking all through but I didn't see any avilable date sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2013
@Flynbird

About 45 min ago around 12.30pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
Someone pls help! How do i go about my SEVIS fee payment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
yomifowe: @Flynbird

About 45 min ago around 12.30pm.

Wow! I just checked and saw nothing. And saw nothing! Been trying not to exceed the daily limit sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
yomifowe: Someone pls help! How do i go about my SEVIS fee payment?

Go to contonu or let someone out of nigeria get it done for you through western union..... Haven't paid mine too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
obsy2020: Gud day house , can any1 help me out wit a format or copy of letter of sponsorship so I draft and gv my uncle to sign on his company letterhead because he's the one sponsoring me. My email is obibest13@yahoo.com thanks guyz.

I sent u a mail, check and see if the attached affidavit of sponsor will be okay by you.
cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.