Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,625 members, 7,898,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 11:23 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (492140 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by midi20: 3:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
Eku ile o. Just got denied in abuja o. Issuance rate was very low today. Na old couples dem give mostly. Nothing much, the chinko lady was just typing typing without even looking at any document. D old guy in d middle just dey deny everybody. I wan sleep abeg. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 3:26pm On Jun 19, 2013
yes i mean a personal statement. I cant try using my company's statement because it was family fund that was indicated. ok pls am trying to get something clear here, if i still want to make use of the same sponspor's statement doesnt it mean the last date on the statement must be the equivalent of the tuition fee stated on my 1-20 form?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
midi20: Eku ile o. Just got denied in abuja o. Issuance rate was very low today. Na old couples dem give mostly. Nothing much, the chinko lady was just typing typing without even looking at any document. D old guy in d middle just dey deny everybody. I wan sleep abeg. smiley
Eeeeyah sorry for that, kindly post ur interview experience for house to review
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
eucharia64: yes i mean a personal statement. I cant try using my company's statement because it was family fund that was indicated. ok pls am trying to get something clear here, if i still want to make use of the same sponspor's statement doesnt it mean the last date on the statement must be the equivalent of the tuition fee stated on my 1-20 form?
Yeah it has to bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
GboyegaD:

What medical document are you referring to? What I mean is the I-20 is always more than a page and stapled and so it is that staple document that you should take wit you.
Thank you for your reply. Should I fill the attached document before going to the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 4:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
dkgetmuny: its crazy getting dates dis dayz...my cousin paid 20k to get a date yestday...yankee embassy shld do sometin pls

I'm even getting tired already sad ... I really wonder what this interview booking is all about... Now they say I've exceeded my daily viewing limit for today again.... How do they expect us to get a date with 3 or 5 daily viewing limit and dates aren't even available when we check. sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 4:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
Please house, I need your help. My sponsor bears a yoruba and a muslim name and my parent's name is not close to a yoruba name on the DS-160 form and the name is stated on the I-20 and as my Uncle. Please wat will I call the tie between us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
ļ¼ Morris, ur answer is ok but make it sound more natural by saying this: the company is sponsoring u coz they want to expand and generate more revenue in return. You need to acquire more skills and return home. The future is home and the company will provide u with free accomodation, increase ur salary and even provide for you an official car. That u r so glad. Ur sponsorship letter should include some of the listed above. @Kofsy, babygurl haha. I am not only wishing you good luck but also best of luck. I know you're very intelligent. Join british forum and pin point how they use English structure, www.newyorktimes.com is also another avenue and Australian newspapers. Read them all online. Do not read Nigerian newspapers, sori 2 say, hw can a journalist write biting cold instead of " freezing cold" lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
dkgetmuny: its crazy getting dates dis dayz...my cousin paid 20k to get a date yestday...yankee embassy shld do sometin pls

It was his choice and no fault of the embassy. The worst was he could have asked for ED.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
riverboy: @kunsoft... dnt give up. just try again and i bet u ,u wl b a sucess dis time around.
@bigfrancis.. true bro,south carolina is expensive bt also a cool state for learning.. although i got full funding from my school.where ar u bro. Nigeria or US?
i dnt no abt u guys bt i am sure that before this week runs out. we wl hear more good testimonies....... cheeersss

I'm still in Nigeria, bro. Hoping to leave by july ending.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:17pm On Jun 19, 2013
chiji05: Hello Francis, i contacted u earlier with a diff username. Told u i'm applying to University of Maryland for telecommunications. U asked where i was in the application process, I am currently completing the ASF. Have already sent the transcripts and IELTS results, dont think they've reached the school, though. Are u already in UMD? thanx for all your help...

No, I'm not yet in UMD.
As for the IELTS requirement, UMD specifically exempts Nigeria and other anglophone african countries from taking any English qualifying test. You don't need that. I didn't submit any during my time as well.
http://www.admissions.umd.edu/requirements/EnglishLanguageProficiencyExemptions.php
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
fidelia.john:
Please house, I need your help. My sponsor bears a yoruba and a muslim name and my parent's name is not close to a yoruba name on the DS-160 form and the name is stated on the I-20 and as my Uncle. Please wat will I call the tie between us.

He could be your dad's sister's husband, your cousin whom your dad saw through school etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
Hi everyone,
I have a question. My school reduced the total amt i needed due to the fact that my sis over there swore an afidavit of support (feeding , trans and acco.). Pls, i need to know if this wld not affect me @the Embassy as the total amt was still that stated on my I-20 by the sch. pls reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
BabSharon, you go share affidavit letter tire today. grin

But on a more serious note, guys. Please make sure you don't copy and paste word for word from the template Babs will give to you. Try to modify the statements. Please. This is to ensure that all of you don't go to the embassy carrying the same letter of support. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Flawlessdiva1(f): 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
doctor234: Hello house, I'm having my visa interview in a few weeks. Got admitted to Harvard for public health with part scholarship and remaining loans (tuition and living expenses). Do I still need to provide sponsor or personal financial documents and if I have to, should it cover the cost of study. Thanks
Congrats, HARVARD yoooooo!!
I'm doing an UG in PH, would want JHSPH for my PG. So did you consider it and which other school(s) did you apply?
I've come to observe that most international students for PH in ivy leagues are MDs, I hope someone like me has a chance to walk in.
I'm trying to be at my best in school, so when I get to that level i'l cross by the grace of God.
Congrats!!
@bigfrancis et all : thumbs up, y'all doing a great job.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
eucharia64: Please am new to this thread. MY interview is schedule for next month. I contacted my sponsor for the statement of account and he said he doesnt have a closing balance of the stated amount presently. Please d big question is this: Must the statement of account end in june and does it mean the last date on the statement of account must have a balance of at least the tuition figure quoted on your 1-20 form? if need be can i change my sponspor to be on a safer side because on my 1-20 form its stated family fund. please help me out.

eucharia64: yes i mean a personal statement. I cant try using my company's statement because it was family fund that was indicated. ok pls am trying to get something clear here, if i still want to make use of the same sponspor's statement doesnt it mean the last date on the statement must be the equivalent of the tuition fee stated on my 1-20 form?

You see baa, its not a must you print the bank statement to the very last day which is the current day of printing. If at any time in your uncle's statement history, say within the past few weeks, his account balance was equal to or greater than the amount your school wants to see, you tell the bank officer to start printing from 6 months before and stop on that day, say May 25 2013. The statement will reflect that amount you want to see as the last entry and it will be the closing balance, thus reflecting the required sum. Hope that's understood?

If your uncle doesn't happen to have that sum in his history or in any recent time in his history (the required balance in history must be a recent one cos if he once had the required balance but that was early last year, you still cannot use it because of the time gap) then you can change sponsor to any other uncle or aunt who has the required funds or once had the required funds at any time recently in history. This recently should be like 3 months back. So if your current uncle or new uncle/aunt had the required balance on ,say, april 30, then the bank official can print from april 30 to 3 or 6 months back. The 3 or 6 months depends on the how many months your school wants.

And finally, you must only go with a family member's statement and never a company statement since your I-20 indicates family funds. Doing otherwise will lead to your denial unless a miracle happens.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:47pm On Jun 19, 2013

For shizzle? How did that happen? Never heard of this before. Who did your cousin pay to get a visa date for him/her?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
It was his choice and no fault of the embassy. The worst was he could have asked for ED.
@GboyegaD

Thats not true. Whether you ask for ED or not, their response wld be the same 'keep checking'. I even went as far as sending mails attaching my admission letter and I-20 for expedited interview several times, called call centre several times but to no avail, until i checked this morning and saw a date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
Morris: Please anybody in the house going for his/her
interview on 17th july Abuja? Hola me please.
2ndly, pls house I have a letter of sponsorship
from the company I work wit currently. The
letter has the company letter heading,
directors signature and company stamp, with
company statement of 20million , study leave
and letter of employment attached, PLEASE
do I still need to get Affidavits of
sponsorship from court? I need replies
please?

Since you already have a letter of sponsorship from your uncle, you don't need to start going to a court to get another one. Its the same thing. You're good to go. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
Hello guys I need your Urgent response

I'm currently filling the DS 160 form online and there is this part that is asking Person/entity paying for your trip?

The Options for me to choose are;

1. Self
2. Other person
3. Company/organization

Pls what should I choose, I am confused as my Uncle is the one sponsoring me and I'm using his Company's Bank statement

Should I choose "Other person" which would be My Uncle

Or "Company/organization" which would be my sponsor's company.

Pls help. I need a quick response. Thnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2013
Other person since u are using his personal bank statement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
Ricky Rozay: Hello guys I need your Urgent response

I'm currently filling the DS 160 form online and there is this part that is asking Person/entity paying for your trip?

1. Self
2. Other person
3. Company/organization

Pls what should I choose, I am confused as my Uncle is the one sponsoring me and I'm using his Company's Bank statement

Use 'Other person'

It would later ask you the person's particulars. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
onipedey: Other person since u are using his personal bank statement

@Onipedey thnx for your response.

I'm not using his personal Bank statement

I'm using his company's Bank statement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
Flawless~diva:

Congrats, HARVARD yoooooo!!
I'm doing an UG in PH, would want JHSPH for my PG. So did you consider it and which other school(s) did you apply?
I've come to observe that most international students for PH in ivy leagues are MDs, I hope someone like me has a chance to walk in.
I'm trying to be at my best in school, so when I get to that level i'l cross by the grace of God.
Congrats!!
@bigfrancis et all : thumbs up, y'all doing a great job.
If i had discovered this thread earlier, would have insisted in trying to apply abroad.

Its not yet late o. Or I guess you've already begun studies somewhere in Nigeria? Cos if you're still on the application process, its still not yet late to start applying for US for spring or Fall 2014.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mmercy43: 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
@ mmercy43.hey house i need advice on how to reapply for a student visa. i went for my initial interview last week i was denied. am tryin to reschedule and i dont have money to give an agent who helped me booked before(should hav known dis thread earlier). so my question is how do i go about it. pls help house. my sch starts august
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2013
bigfrancis21:

You see baa, its not a must you print the bank statement to the very last day which is the current day of printing. If at any time in your uncle's statement history, say within the past few weeks, his account balance was equal to or greater than the amount your school wants to see, you tell the bank officer to start printing from 6 months before and stop on that day, say May 25 2013. The statement will reflect that amount you want to see as the last entry and it will be the closing balance, thus reflecting the required sum. Hope that's understood?

If your uncle doesn't happen to have that sum in his history or in any recent time in his history (the required balance in history must be a recent one cos if he once had the required balance but that was early last year, you still cannot use it because of the time gap) then you can change sponsor to any other uncle or aunt who has the required funds or once had the required funds at any time recently in history. This recently should be like 3 months back. So if your current uncle or new uncle/aunt had the required balance on ,say, april 30, then the bank official can print from april 30 to 3 or 6 months back. The 3 or 6 months depends on the how many months your school wants.

And finally, you must only go with a family member's statement and never a company statement since your I-20 indicates family funds. Doing otherwise will lead to your denial unless a miracle happens.

i understand better now. Tanx alot hun. Bless u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2013
midi20: Eku ile o. Just got denied in abuja o. Issuance rate was very low today. Na old couples dem give mostly. Nothing much, the chinko lady was just typing typing without even looking at any document. D old guy in d middle just dey deny everybody. I wan sleep abeg. smiley

Just calm down bro. Its all good. Do try to post your interview for review and correction.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2013
Ricky Rozay: Hello guys I need your Urgent response

1. Self
2. Other person
3. Company/organization

Other person.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
yomifowe: Hi everyone,
I have a question. My school reduced the total amt i needed due to the fact that my sis over there swore an afidavit of support (feeding , trans and acco.). Pls, i need to know if this wld not affect me @the Embassy as the total amt was still that stated on my I-20 by the sch. pls reply.

Which amount was stated on your I-20? You didn't specify. The reduced new amount or former main amount?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
flynbird:

I'm even getting tired already sad ... I really wonder what this interview booking is all about... Now they say I've exceeded my daily viewing limit for today again.... How do they expect us to get a date with 3 or 5 daily viewing limit and dates aren't even available when we check. sad

Use your call me back sms wisely, especially at nights and early mornings!grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Which amount was stated on your I-20? You didn't specify. The reduced new amount or former main amount?

The former main amount, and the school also sent a copy of the a/c back for me to take to the embassy. Although i intend adding another heavy a/c but my sis said i shld not touch it or add anything to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.