Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,901 members, 7,889,991 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:41 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491523 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by effulgence: 10:56am On Apr 03, 2013
iamchux:

Aroy1 has answered some part of yur questions...it wld be advisable to sit for gre nd toefl, so yu wld stand a greater chance of knockin' the VO's of dem feet...!
Thank you very much for your advice...just wondering how to begin this GRE thing,you've got any info on how to go about this?thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 11:30am On Apr 03, 2013
effulgence: Good day everyone.I applied to study history(masters) at East tennessee state university and just yesterday I received an email that I have been considered for admission by fall.Please is etsu a good school and is it recognised by the US embassy?Although I haven't done GRE because it isn't needed by the school,do you think I should do it,having acquired a diploma in history before my degree programe?does anyone school or reside in tennessee to inform me the economic and social condition of that place?Lastly,any other information considered important to my visa application is also welcomed.Thanks and God blessbb

teNNeSSEE....hmmmmm..... one of the two states in US with double letter three times. So far it's state university and not international university that one building schools usually used as cover up..... you should be fine.

♫♪♫ miSSiSSiPPi....
ehn..... te-NNe-SSEE ♫♪♫

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 11:32am On Apr 03, 2013
Thanks justwise. That's so fast. You came like a
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by rsksoccer2: 12:43pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hello House,
Can someone apply to Devry university.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux: 12:44pm On Apr 03, 2013
effulgence:
Thank you very much for your advice...just wondering how to begin this GRE thing,you've got any info on how to go about this?thanks in anticipation

Well,I juz feel cos of the limitd time yu v now since yu said its Fall's admission..I wld juz say it wld be better if yu can lay yur hands on gre materials asap (we v ppl who can assist wit softcopies here,atleast for a start),find som1 outside the country who can pay on yur behalf or an agent who can register for yu, and again I'll juz want yu to v it in mind,that it takes like 10-15 days after yur test date for yu to be able to print out an official copy yu wld hold for yur visa interview...check! www.ets.org/gre for more info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2013
rsksoccer2: Hello House,
Can someone apply to Devry university.

Yes of course, even apply for visa too but the simple truth is that Devry I-20 won't get you visa the first 4 trials. Do you still love the school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 1:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
imperiouxx: Thanks justwise. That's so fast. You came like a
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by chidiakwari: 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2013
Bigfrancis, pls can you help with TOEFL materials pls. House I need soft copy of the toefl material. Chidiakwari@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by effulgence: 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2013
imperiouxx:

teNNeSSEE....hmmmmm..... one of the two states in US with double letter three times. So far it's state university and not international university that one building schools usually used as cover up..... you should be fine.

♫♪♫ miSSiSSiPPi....
ehn..... te-NNe-SSEE ♫♪♫
Thank you imperiouxx for your response..pls throw more light on "one building schools usually used as cover up" I honestly didn't get that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mckenziiii: 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
@ imperiouxx have u heard abt valparaiso university @ indiana,wot abt d skl?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by effulgence: 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2013
iamchux:
Well,I juz feel cos of the limitd time yu v now since yu said its Fall's admission..I wld juz say it wld be better if yu can lay yur hands on gre materials asap (we v ppl who can assist wit softcopies here,atleast for a start),find som1 outside the country who can pay on yur behalf or an agent who can register for yu, and again I'll juz want yu to v it in mind,that it takes like 10-15 days after yur test date for yu to be able to print out an official copy yu wld hold for yur visa interview...check! www.ets.org/gre for more info
God bless you for this info.pls can we communicate privately,how do I reach you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux: 3:15pm On Apr 03, 2013
effulgence:
God bless you for this info.pls can we communicate privately,how do I reach you?

Yeahh, I juz sent a NL email msg to yu...reply via yur email so we can communicate...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hello house,you are all doing a wonderful work here...please I'm new to the site and I wanna know if anyone could help me with toefl materials? Thanks + God bless!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 7:13pm On Apr 03, 2013
Please in case you have the material for me,send to onipedey@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 7:13pm On Apr 03, 2013
Please in case you have the material for me,send to onipedey@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by debola23(f): 3:21am On Apr 04, 2013
Hello nairalanders. I am new on this site and I would like to know if anyone has any idea how to write prerequisites for second degree nursing wit a visiting visa. Since you need to have them before you apply for the nursing proper. Pls help shed more light on this. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Snazzygirl: 5:45am On Apr 04, 2013
Hello House, I would like to know how many months a person who works and only has time to read once a week needs to fully prepare for GRE. Estimates will be just fine. Thnks guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 6:38am On Apr 04, 2013
Snazzygirl: Hello House, I would like to know how many months a person who works and only has time to read once a week needs to fully prepare for GRE. Estimates will be just fine. Thnks guys.

It depends on a lot of other things - how good you are at aptitude tests (IQ), how fast you can grasp new stuff, your command of english, arithmetic skills anf ofcourse, your target score. Imho, however, once a week z too infrequent for the average person. I prepared for close to 3 mths, 2-3hrs everyday and i felt i still wasnt ready. i fink d deal is intensive reading for a short time (2-3 mths) so you dont forget things you learnt early
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 6:42am On Apr 04, 2013
Snazzygirl: Hello House, I would like to know how many months a person who works and only has time to read once a week needs to fully prepare for GRE. Estimates will be just fine. Thnks guys.

Depends on how well grounded you are in maths & English & standardized testing generally. Some people prepare fro GRE on their own within 3 months and score over 300 while some people attend tutorials and prepare for 6 months and stil score less than 300. I suggest you assess yourself personally (maybe by taking a sample practice test) and determine how much time and effort you'll need to put in. For an average to fairly brilliant student, I'd say 3 months intense preparation ( whether you are working or not) is good enough to get a good score. if you've had prior experience with standardized tests like the SAT, you may need less than that coz really, the GRE like all standardized tests involves speed and skill in answering the questions and not just knowledge alone. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Chusino(m): 7:24am On Apr 04, 2013
Please ,am new here.I would like to know if it is compulsory to sit for GRE and TOEFL exams before applying for masters(MBA) in USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:20am On Apr 04, 2013
Chusino: Please ,am new here.I would like to know if it is compulsory to sit for GRE and TOEFL exams before applying for masters(MBA) in USA.
You'll most likely write GMAT (not GRE) and maybe TOEFL if going for MBA. GMAT is compulsory for many US schools and TOEFL is required by some schools and not required by the others. Some US schools recognize Nigeria as English-speaking and hence excludes Nigeria from providing TOEFL while the others don't recognize her as English-speaking.
In addition, some schools that demand for TOEFL can waive it for you if you put into writing that you have a good command of English given your whole education in English or English is your first native tongue. University of Alabama asked me to write exactly that statement. Lolol. I did and TOEFL was waived for me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:24am On Apr 04, 2013
During my time I prepared for the GRE in just a month. And I did well. I was very free then and I gave the reading my full attention. Well, as someone here said, it depends on how much free time you have, your ability to grasp fast, english and math skills, etc
Since you're working, any time between 1 - 3 months will be enough for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:33am On Apr 04, 2013
onipedey: Please in case you have the material for me,send to onipedey@yahoo.com
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:36am On Apr 04, 2013
chidiakwari: Bigfrancis, pls can you help with TOEFL materials pls. House I need soft copy of the toefl material. Chidiakwari@yahoo.com. Thanks
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 8:40am On Apr 04, 2013
God bless u bigfrancis!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 8:53am On Apr 04, 2013
Thanks mightyman anthony bawo ni yankee no lele padi mi, i know say u go dey busy jst halla me sha if u get time.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 8:57am On Apr 04, 2013
hahahahahahaha i don miss a lot of things sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 9:00am On Apr 04, 2013
@ ojap i know she is reffering to me dont mind her joor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Snazzygirl: 3:31pm On Apr 04, 2013
Bigfrancis21, Findout!, Olsmade .......thanks guys. Really helpfull.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by steptaiwo: 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2013
Good day nairalanders I see here on this thread everybody is talking Masters or PHD what about prospective undergraduate students longing to student in the US.

Need toefl material please steptaiwo@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by rsksoccer2: 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
@imperiouxx, could you please throw more light on those schools listed that someone should not apply to inclusive Devry. I really want to understand the problem of those universities.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.