Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,959 members, 7,949,275 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:53 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (494567 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 9:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 9:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
Yvete: How can we describe schools like Devry, Everest and VIU for people in Nigeria to get the memo?

It behooves me to say WTF when I see the likes of Devry still mentioned on here. We are talking about a college in the second floor of a 3 -storey office building (the campus close to my house). Everest ain't no better! These one-building schools are NOT for you. YOU CAN DO BETTER! ... How many times will these schools be discussed for stuff to stick in y'all heads? undecided undecided

If you dislike public schools so darn bad, why don't you shoot for Ivy League? You would like to advance academically with a masters degree in the US, yet the GRE seems like an uphill task to you? To maintain funding, hope you're aware of the responsibilties involved. GA, TA and RA is not child's play. If you're not up for the challenge, respect yourself and apply for a job on-campus.

well said.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
Imperiouxx & Ghanaians!! Na wa oh grin
I've had that Wiz Khalifa on replay #Jammin ... He needs a double cheeseburger though. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
Yvete: Imperiouxx & Ghanaians!! Na wa oh grin
I've had that Wiz Khalifa on replay #Jammin ... He needs a double cheeseburger though. cheesy

I hate them on NL, they spoil good stories and for the fact that idiiiot banned me for them.

About Wiz K, got all his discography.... I'll look for another interesting one for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 12:46am On Apr 05, 2013
Hello guys, Please i need your comments.
I graduate with upper credit (HND), TOEFL 65point IBT. i got admit from UCO. to study Marketing. though i graduated from Purchasing and Supply Management.
First, i was denial visa this January, though i knew i messed up during the interview. Now my New I-20 form is on the way for Fall 2013 from UCO (University of Central Oklahoma) if i'm asked how many school did i apply? is only uco that i apply to. i hope this is not too bad. Please i wish to get it right this time. help me with this three questions
1. How many school did you apply to?
2. Why did Marketing?
3. What have you been doing since you graduate?

These are some of the questions the VO asked me in January.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:03am On Apr 05, 2013
Kunsoft: Hello guys, Please i need your comments.
I graduate with upper credit (HND), TOEFL 65point IBT. i got admit from UCO. to study Marketing. though i graduated from Purchasing and Supply Management.
First, i was denial visa this January, though i knew i messed up during the interview. Now my New I-20 form is on the way for Fall 2013 from UCO (University of Central Oklahoma) if i'm asked how many school did i apply? is only uco that i apply to. i hope this is not too bad. Please i wish to get it right this time. help me with this three questions
1. How many school did you apply to?
2. Why did Marketing?
3. What have you been doing since you graduate?

These are some of the questions the VO asked me in January.

Still, you are the only one that can answer those questions. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 3:37am On Apr 05, 2013
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 5:55am On Apr 05, 2013
Who is this lunatic posting this BS from thread to thread? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 5:59am On Apr 05, 2013
@fitty, try not to quote posts like this. Just report or reply without quoting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:30am On Apr 05, 2013
@dangiwa09,

Hope you're fine and you are not running high temperature? What's the meaning of this that you spammed all over travel section? Which embassy turned you to this?

Justwise, we need you please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 8:01am On Apr 05, 2013
@dangiwa09 - I think You need to be examined, your IQ is very low. And like You rightly said, stop 'WAISTING' the little mb You have on nairaland.
Save your money for treatments.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 8:16am On Apr 05, 2013
Hello, you all are doing a great job here.

Quick question, please what is the earliest time one is allowed to apply for an F-1 visa from the date of resumption on the I-20.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by 76fa: 8:27am On Apr 05, 2013
Hi all, i need advice, i am currently working in Nigeria (the salary is 100k, but i want to go for my masters in US after which i dont want to come back. would you advise me to do that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 9:15am On Apr 05, 2013
ApachaiHopachai: Hello, you all are doing a great job here.

Quick question, please what is the earliest time one is allowed to apply for an F-1 visa from the date of resumption on the I-20.

Thanks.

120 days i believe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 9:16am On Apr 05, 2013
76fa: Hi all, i need advice, i am currently working in Nigeria (the salary is 100k, but i want to go for my masters in US after which i dont want to come back. would you advise me to do that?

Imho, only you can answer that question. We dont know your goals and aspirations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 9:25am On Apr 05, 2013
Pls nobody shud reply dangiwa09, he must b an attention seeker... angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kellyemms: 10:07am On Apr 05, 2013
Plz house I really need ur help on this, I have the Toefl result with score 103. Is it compulsory for me to do Gre to apply for graduate diploma......Plz help me on dis house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 10:31am On Apr 05, 2013
imperiouxx:

Still, you are the only one that can answer those questions. Thanks

Is the school that gave me Marketing Major. but will be studying supply chains as minor. Is B.B.A. When the VO ask me of what i have been doing since my graduate i told him i went for Youth service after then i prepare to write my TOEFL. i felt he expected me to have engaged myself in some business or so. Also He asked me about the sponsors which is my brother, when i handed over the Statement to him with about 3.5m inside he just bring out that unfinished photocopies of that rejection form and handed it over to me. Statement of A/C was the only Doc he asked for. When he asked why marketing i could not really defend myself. is a transfer student stuff.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 10:58am On Apr 05, 2013
olsmade:

120 days i believe
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 11:40am On Apr 05, 2013
Kunsoft:

Is the school that gave me Marketing Major. but will be studying supply chains as minor. Is B.B.A. When the VO ask me of what i have been doing since my graduate i told him i went for Youth service after then i prepare to write my TOEFL. i felt he expected me to have engaged myself in some business or so. Also He asked me about the sponsors which is my brother, when i handed over the Statement to him with about 3.5m inside he just bring out that unfinished photocopies of that rejection form and handed it over to me. Statement of A/C was the only Doc he asked for. When he asked why marketing i could not really defend myself. is a transfer student stuff.

3.5 may cover u during ur studies but the V.O's tots was probably "why on earth would ur brother spend all he's got in his account to sponsor u?"... Try getting a different sponsor with a better account and also prepare reasons why u choosing Marketing for grad school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 11:45am On Apr 05, 2013
kellyemms: Plz house I really need ur help on this, I have the Toefl result with score 103. Is it compulsory for me to do Gre to apply for graduate diploma......Plz help me on dis house

Everyone would advise you take GRE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by xoxomatins: 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
please profs i need honest suggestion on this my cast is very unique
i graduated from the lagos state university school of part time studies last year..after 7 years(2005 to 2012)..
the program is meant to be 5 year but i ended up using 7yr cuz d program was very slow..
i felt it wz and advantage for me cuz av been working and getting certifications too nd i realy think it gave me more tym to do other things..
want to go for my master in computer science/ eng or information tech..
i apply to several schools with the to whom and a form of notification stating my result which i got from the exams and record dept..
i mailed more than five schools and after clarification abt my school they don't reply me..
maybe they think am not serious, good enough, or they think the statement notification is not genius ..
the problem is lasu is telling me the result hav not been compiled am they don't even know how long its gonna take...
hav offer frm a peep who wnt to help me wit the transcript with correct information of my records and grades maybe a little boosting but the truth is that its not from the school and my gp is low (2.0)..pls dont blame me the school is frustrating.. can dis really affect me will the schools find-out abt the transcript..not sure abt the authenticities cuz i dont really know d guy
..nd i dont mind if i can get a reliable source.. wot do think i shd do...is my dream of studying in u.s ever gonna come to past sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
xoxo_matins: please profs i need honest suggestion on this my cast is very unique
i graduated from the lagos state university school of part time studies last year..after 7 years(2005 to 2012)..
the program is meant to be 5 year but i ended up using 7yr cuz d program was very slow..
i felt it wz and advantage for me cuz av been working and getting certifications too nd i realy think it gave me more tym to do other things..
want to go for my master in computer science/ eng or information tech..
i apply to several schools with the to whom and a form of notification stating my result which i got from the exams and record dept..
i mailed more than five schools and after clarification abt my school they don't reply me..
maybe they think am not serious, good enough, or they think the statement notification is not genius ..
the problem is lasu is telling me the result hav not been compiled am they don't even know how long its gonna take...
hav offer frm a peep who wnt to help me wit the transcript with correct information of my records and grades maybe a little boosting but the truth is that its not from the school and my gp is low (2.0)..pls dont blame me the school is frustrating.. can dis really affect me will the schools find-out abt the transcript..not sure abt the authenticities cuz i dont really know d guy
..nd i dont mind if i can get a reliable source.. wot do think i shd do...is my dream of studying in u.s ever gonna come to past sad

1st bold: If actually your intention is to school, graduate and further study or look for job in US, just background check on you is enough to send you into the next available flight to Nigeria. Depending on the schools you applied to, if it's those that ask for professional evaluation....... Just forget about that runs transcript.

2nd: Reliable source for what oooo? You haven't learned.

3rd bold: Dream can be interpreted in many ways, it's not necessary that all we saw in dreams come to past. Some are ironies of reality.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 4:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
@ xoxo_matins..m. Some schools would still consider admitting you for grad studies but they're hard to come by.. You have to wait for ur transcripts. Without it I'm afraid no school would want to admit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
xoxo_matins: want to go for my master in computer science/ eng or information tech..
i apply to several schools with the to whom and a form of notification stating my result my gp is low (2.0)..pls dont blame me the school is frustrating.. wot do think i shd do...is my dream of studying in u.s ever gonna come to past sad

Eh-yah! sad Your dreams may come to fruition if you're willing to make a sacrifice by putting in the hard yards. Nothing comes easy.

1. You cannot get into grad school with a 2.0.
2. Your only option is to transfer credit for a bachelors in CS, Eng or IT.
3. Some schools may accept credit from your low GPA in addition to SAT, work experience and other certifications for a BS, not MS.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Rickywowoz: 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
Yvete: How can we describe schools like Devry, Everest and VIU for people in Nigeria to get the memo?

It behooves me to say WTF when I see the likes of Devry still mentioned on here. We are talking about a college in the second floor of a 3 -storey office building (the campus close to my house). Everest ain't no better! These one-building schools are NOT for you. YOU CAN DO BETTER! ... How many times will these schools be discussed for stuff to stick in y'all heads? undecided undecided

If you dislike public schools so darn bad, why don't you shoot for Ivy League? And you would like to advance academically with a masters degree, yet the GRE seems like an uphill task to you?? To maintain funding, hope you're aware of the responsibilties involved. GA, TA or RA is not child's play. If you're not up for the challenge, respect yourself and apply for a regular job on-campus.

Read part 3, pp. 141-151 for answers and interview experiences relating to GRE and ghost colleges.
sorry o,no vex abeg bt watz d meaning of GA,TA &RA??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Chusino(m): 9:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
Thanx alot,you too much boh! please where can i go for this GMAT exam,do i need to register for it?and if yes where will i go for the registration.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
imperiouxx:

1st bold: If actually your intention is to school, graduate and further study or look for job in US, just background check on you is enough to send you into the next available flight to Nigeria. Depending on the schools you applied to, if it's those that ask for professional evaluation....... Just forget about that run transcript.

2nd: Reliable source for what oooo? You haven't learned.

3rd bold: Dream can be interpreted in many ways, it's not necessary that all we saw in dreams come to past. Some are ironies of reality.

Truth and nothing but the truth. The dream part actually cracked me up.... grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 11:24pm On Apr 05, 2013
fittty:

3.5 may cover u during ur studies but the V.O's tots was probably "why on earth would ur brother spend all he's got in his account to sponsor u?"... Try getting a different sponsor with a better account and also prepare reasons why u choosing Marketing for grad school.

This time around i want to use 3 account. his saving, company account and his dorm account. i hope this is allowed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 1:09am On Apr 06, 2013
lllooooooooooll why are u bothering yourself. They av heard that this school is bad but they're looking for easy ways to go abroad thats why to even write gre is a problem. They're just trying their luck becos gre costs almost $200. Why will they write exams that will be useless becos they wouldn't attend classes when they reach here. Be dere preaching for deaf pple. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Italian Student Visa-help! / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.