Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,992 members, 7,949,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:17 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (494582 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2013
olarwarlay:

I'm @ Surulere. Do you have any idea how much it's gonna cost Me?

Or you're really my brother(someone I may know)? shocked

Where are you in Surulere? Was born and raised there.

Send it to my email.

Go to Surulere General Hospital in Randle, that should be the closest to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 2:34pm On Jul 10, 2013
olarwarlay:

Meningitis, mumps and measles
Shouldn't be up to 5k. LUTH should be closer to you as suggested. Don't know LUTH too well but you should be able to get directions from the general out-patients department.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
My sponsor is about giving me his bank statement. Please is it 3months or 6months back statement he's to print out for the embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
flynbird: My sponsor is about giving me his bank statement. Please is it 3months or 6months back statement he's to print out for the embassy?

6months
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by WildChild00(m): 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hello house,
I have been following this thread, this is page 99, I will want to know if anyone in the house hv used his/her bank card, e.g GTB card, to register successfully with GMAT, I called a centre here in Lagos, and they said the cost fee is 55k, I know it will be cheaper, if I choose to register it myself, I intend going for a Management related course (masters), as my first degree is in Business administration. @bigfrancis and others pls help

Tnx.

bigfrancis21: TO PROSPECTIVE GRE AND TOEFL TEST TAKERS:

It is no longer a hidden fact that GRE and TOEFL test takers in Nigeria cannot register for the test online. Even someone registering on your behalf from abroad is banned once the test taker would still be writing in Nigeria.

Well, I have good news for you. Are you aware that you could still register for the exam by yourself, fast and at the lower official ETS test fee? All you need to do is simply call ETS and register! Its that simple. Just as you can call to schedule a visa appointment, so can you call to register for your GRE/TOEFL test! If saving money is your priority, rather than wasting N50,000 needlessly on GRE agents and enriching their bank accounts when you could simply do it yourself at the cheaper official GRE price of $185(N29600) or at $175(N28,000) for TOEFL, then this option is best for you.

To register, you'll need the following:

1) Your GRE account login details on the ETS website. If you don't have an account already, quickly visit http://www.ets.org/gre to create your account. For TOEFL, you'll need your TOEFL account login details on the ETS website. If you don't have an account already, quickly visit http://www.ets.org/toefl to create your account.
2) A valid GTB MasterCard. I can't really vouch for other types of debit cards because I've not used them before. However, I'm sure of GTB MasterCard because it never fails to work. Take note of the 16-digit card number printed on the front of the card, the expiry date (month and year) also embossed on the front of the card and lastly, the c.v.v code, which is the 3-digit code printed on the back of your ATM card. Have these details handy because you'll need to provide them to the agent to enable them make the payment over there for you. Of course, I need not remind you that you must have funds of, at least, the registration fee amount in your account for a successful payment.

After you must have done the above, then you're ready to go. Call the ETS Registration Center on +31320239593. That is the phone number of the ETS Registration center or Region 9 located in Netherlands and it is the ETS center, out of the 12 regional registration centers worldwide, in charge of registering Nigerians for TOEFL and GRE. Once you call, you'll hear the voice prompt and wait to be connected to the next available customer agent. Once you're connected, the agent will ask you for your login details which will enable him log into your account and register you over there by himself.

First, you'll be asked for these details - first name, middle name, surname, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, preferred test center number and test date. Second, comes the payment stage. At this stage you'll provide the agent with your ATM card details to enable him/her key in the data and make the payment himself. Once successful, you'll be told by the agent and also receive an email immediately containing your examination e-ticket.

PS: Be sure to recharge, at least, N750 credit on your phone as you'll be spending some good quality time on the call (15-20 minutes).

Please, this is in no way a scam but rather, its one of the valid means of registering for the GRE or TOEFL test as you'll see stated on the ETS website:
http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register/cbt/
http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register?WT.ac=toeflhome_ibtregister_121127

However, only a few people know about this easy and cheap means. Two noble members from this forum registered successfully on Friday and this morning after telling them about it.

Success.

http://www.ets.org/s/mygre/rrc.html
www.ets.org/s/toefl/pdf/toefl_ibt_rrcs_11-12.pdf
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
olarwarlay:

6months

R u sure?? Must it be 6months?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
olarwarlay:

Meningitis, mumps and measles

Did mine in LUTH, u can do the same
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
flynbird:

R u sure?? Must it be 6months?

I mean it must be showing recent transactions, in the last 6 months.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
kpolli:

Did mine in LUTH, u can do the same

Okay bro, will do.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gbemonology1: 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
GboyegaD:

I would suggest you say the truth. I have heard a similar story like yours and whenever the guy filled it rightly that he has siblings who were in the US working the VO gave him and told him that was the reason for his initial denials. I think it is an advantage to you particularly if they went to study there and never fell out of status nor engaged in shady deals.
Let me tell you another story I heard this year, a guy got his visa approved although he lied he had no relatives in the US however, whenever he got to JFK, they asked if he had siblings in the US and he said no. They took him to a section and on the system, they brought up his brother's details who came visiting and never went back, got his papers through marriage and is now living in Dallas. They also showed him that of his brother-in-law. His brother once invited the sister and her husband and whenever they got to the US, the brother-in-law chose to stay back and the sister returned. They showed him that they all used same address whenever they were applying that belong to their dad.
The moral of the story is that, we cannot tell what kind of check they carry out and who they carry out those checks on thus, the need to be truthful in all our dealings with them.
thanks for the info, but l have another question. my mum is US Legal Permanent Resident, but she's back in Nigeria. Should l put YES where the question is your mother in America on DS-160? pls l need your advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oluwatosin4us(m): 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
WildChild00: Hello house,
I have been following this thread, this is page 99, I will want to know if anyone in the house hv used his/her bank card, e.g GTB card, to register successfully with GMAT, I called a centre here in Lagos, and they said the cost fee is 55k, I know it will be cheaper, if I choose to register it myself, I intend going for a Management related course (masters), as my first degree is in Business administration. @bigfrancis and others pls help

Tnx.

stop all this pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
olarwarlay:

I mean it must be showing recent transactions, in the last 6 months.

I don't understand this 6months statement thing. Does it mean if he prints out the bank statement today then it must show transaction starting from Febuary 10 till July 10 ? I'm Kinda confused
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by WildChild00(m): 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
oluwatosin4us:
stop all this pls

why? Was it becos of the quote Kindly tell me wat I hv done wrongly.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
flynbird:

I don't understand this 6months statement thing. Does it mean if he prints out the bank statement today then it must show transaction starting from Febuary 10 till July 10 ? I'm Kinda confused

Yeah but I can't remember if it was 3/6 months
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
flynbird:

Nope, I don't think so.

I think it means the time range between the printing of the statement of account and the interview should not be more than 6months.

Let my oda ogas say more on this sha, I might be wrong 'coz I'm a learner myself. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oluwatosin4us(m): 3:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
WildChild00: Hello house,

Tnx.

what do you want to gain in this na...dont mislead people na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
olarwarlay:

Thanks Bro GboyegaD, I'll check LUTH out tomorrow then.

Do You have any idea where exactly to go inside LUTH, like the department or the exact place within the premises?

It is the OPD. Once you come in through the main gate, it is the main building to your left. Just tell them what you want to do and you would be directed further. Please try to get there early enough say before 10am.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
olarwarlay:

Nope, I don't think so.

I think it means the time range between the printing of the statement of account and the interview should not be more than 6months.

Let my oda ogas say more on this sha, I might be wrong 'coz I'm a learner myself. smiley
Bros u are confusing yourself, pls try to understand olarwarlay.

what he is trying to clear to you is that the statement should be 6months transaction. Either from 1st of january to june 30th 2013 or from december to may 2013. just get the recent statement bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
GboyegaD:

It is the OPD. Once you come in through the main gate, it is the main building to your left. Just tell them what you want to do and you would be directed further. Please try to get there early enough say before 10am.

Thank You so much my brother, will get there early.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
oluwatosin4us: what do you want to gain in this na...dont mislead people na

Tell me what's misleading in the person's post? I don't see any thing wrong in the post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by WildChild00(m): 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
oluwatosin4us: what do you want to gain in this na...dont mislead people na

My friend, what are you upto I simply read from page 1 to page 99; and I saw a write-up where bigfrancis said one could register for either Toefl and Gra using Gtb atm card, and I am a management student, I want to do Gmat, I choose to ask if I could use same method, and all u could say is that I am misleading people If you dont hv an answer, u ignore others with experience will share, dat is while it is a forum.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
gbemonology1:
thanks for the info, but l have another question. my mum is US Legal Permanent Resident, but she's back in Nigeria. Should l put YES where the question is your mother in America on DS-160? pls l need your advice

Please do. The truth is they can confirm that on their system and for me, it shows you have ties because if she has no stake in Nigeria, she wouldn't be coming and going.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
Wait you guys are confusing me here oh.

Should the bank statement be showing 6months transaction or it shouldn't be older than six month. Which one?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 3:53pm On Jul 10, 2013
flynbird: Wait you guys are confusing me here oh.

Should the bank statement be showing 6months transaction or it shouldn't be older than six month. Which one?
Should be showing 6months transaction, and should be pinted not earlier than 3months to your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by xtus(m): 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
flynbird: Wait you guys are confusing me here oh.

YES!!!! It should be showing 6months transaction. All u need do is to let ur sponsor know u need a 6months bank statement, once ur sponsor request it from his bank, his bank knows how to arrange it and print it out for him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hey! I see Mamacita smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
Olarwarlay finally finally grin grin congrats on your visa approval. am so happy for uuuuu

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
olarwarlay: Hey! I see Mamacita smiley

llooooooll i heard the good news & stopped by for uuuuu. u deserve all the shayo, smileys, congrats & thanksgiving

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
Mamacita007:

llooooooll i heard the good news & stopped by for uuuuu. u deserve all the shayo, smileys, congrats & thanksgiving

Awwwwwww..... God bless You Sister, I am so blessed by You.

**bearhugs**
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MikeWill: 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
thanks lisadem and co..i trully appreciate ur effort i suceeded in booking an emergency appointment like you guys said and it worked..just the first time in this forum i saved 15k. thanks to the gurus in the house i will come back and share my story whichever way round and i have learnt that agents are just intrested in your money nothing else. thanks guys
Did you just say 15k? That's ridiculous! Well, agents with captivating biz gimmick could lure visa applicants into believing that they can only do things perfectly right through them. That's FALLACY

Abeg save that 15k for something more prominent and follow the detailed explaination made by BigFrancis. It's just as simple as that.

Pray your efforts pay off and you will come to share your success story. [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
I received another PM request here but do not know who sent it. Congrats guys!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gbemonology1: 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
@Gboyega...tnx for the info....

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Italian Student Visa-help! / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.