Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,968 members, 7,949,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:45 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (494577 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
gbemonology1:
thanks for the info, but l have another question. my mum is US Legal Permanent Resident, but she's back in Nigeria. Should l put YES where the question is your mother in America on DS-160? pls l need your advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2013
gbemonology1:
thanks for the info, but l have another question. my mum is US Legal Permanent Resident, but she's back in Nigeria. Should l put YES where the question is your mother in America on DS-160? pls l need your advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
gbemonology1:

Your case is as simple as ABC.. Just Tick YES on your DS 160 form..

So when asked by the VO. Is your mother in the Us?

You will reply him by saying this - She was actually in the US but she is currently back to Nigeria now..

This will show strong home ties for you.. And it won't cause any problem for you.. Because the VO will believe you have ties to your country...

If your mother can go to the US and Return back to Nigeria, it is definately an added advantage to you because the VO will believe you might take the same measure like your mum as well...

Simple!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
onipedey: Should be showing 6months transaction, and should be pinted not earlier than 3months to your interview.

It's Not necessary it must be earlier than 3 months of your interview..

My interview is this Month July 2013.. And I'm going to the Embassy with a Bank statement of March 2013.. It's still recent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by klplus: 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
@ mike-will what date did you get when you called to expedite and what was required of you by the embassy? I want to call tomorrow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ok so my sponsor just told me the statement has been printed showing just 3months transaction. It starts at April 9 and ends today. What do I do? Can I still take it for my interview like this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
flynbird: Ok so my sponsor just told me the statement has been printed showing just 3months transaction. It starts at April 9 and ends today. What do I do? Can I still take it for my interview like this

My Sister, You are good to go.

Stop worrying and start praying hard for God's favor...

You shall have good testimony to share by His grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by riverboy: 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2013
@olArwarlay is der any vaccination for mumps cos I loved to do it. Ve done menigitis,yellow fever,n tetaNus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
olarwarlay:

I just hope it wouldn't be an hindrance cos it looks like I have to take a 6months history bank statement sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 8:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
flynbird:

I just hope it wouldn't be an hindrance cos it looks like I have to take a 6months history bank statement sad

Stop saying negative stuffs, You have to claim the exact thing you want.

Hold your passport and prophesy onto it, that it shall be retained for your visa by the VO.

If You need spiritual guidance on this, send a pm.

You are blessed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 8:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
riverboy: @olArwarlay is der any vaccination for mumps cos I loved to do it. Ve done menigitis,yellow fever,n tetaNus

I think so, where did You do all these ones and for how much?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by riverboy: 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
I did @ port health,NPA ph.yello fever 1k,tetanus 1k,menigitis 5k.wl stil do measles n its 5k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
WildChild00: Hello house,
I have been following this thread, this is page 99, I will want to know if anyone in the house hv used his/her bank card, e.g GTB card, to register successfully with GMAT, I called a centre here in Lagos, and they said the cost fee is 55k, I know it will be cheaper, if I choose to register it myself, I intend going for a Management related course (masters), as my first degree is in Business administration. @bigfrancis and others pls help

Tnx.

After a quick survey on the GMAT website, http://www.mba.com/ it seems you can register for yourself online. I didn't see any specific warning barring Nigerians from registering online. They accept visa and mastercards. You can also register by phone too by calling them. The exam center in Lagos is First Logic and that of Abuja is British Canadian International Education Ltd. Registration fee $250 (N40,000).

Visit here to register:
http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/schedule-a-gmat-appointment/pay-for-the-test.aspx

Country specific requirement for Nigeria:
http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/schedule-a-gmat-appointment/country-test-center-regulations.aspx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
bigfrancis021:

After a quick survey on the GMAT website, http://www.mba.com/ it seems you can register for yourself online. I didn't see any specific warning barring Nigerians from registering online. They accept visa and mastercards. You can also register by phone too by calling them. The exam center in Lagos is First Logic and that of Abuja is British Canadian International Education Ltd. Registration fee $250 (N40,000).

Visit here to register:

http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/schedule-a-gmat-appointment/country-test-center-regulations.aspx

Yeah big francis is on d point !!! You can register GMAT yourself without given †̥o agent, they accept mastercard or visa card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jasmine21(f): 9:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ok guys, here's how my interview went today 10th July. T'was a middle aged woman she's either black american or mixed race.

Me: Hello gd morning *smiles*
VO: (looking into her computer) yeah morning.
She asked me to d whole thumbprinting stuff and went straight to d questions
VO: What do u do currently?
Me: I resigned in December to prepare towards this masters' program
VO: ok, what did u do there?
Me: I explained my job role and functions to her
VO: *nods her head* ok. When did u get ur first degree?
Me: told her the year and my university
VO: What other schools did u apply to?
Me: told her
VO: *nods again* did u take any tests?
Me: yes i took the GRE and Toefl tests and i told her my scores in each one
VO: Who is ur sponsor
Me: My Dad
VO: what does he do?
VO: After your program, what will u do?
Me: After graduation, i plan to relocate to Nigeria and work with one of the top accounting or IT firms here in Nigeria and get married *i smiled*
VO: hahahaha thats good, thats good.
Na so She just stretch her hand on top shelf commot that sexy paper and pamphlet for me
VO: ur visa has been approved, pls pickmit up on monday at Apapa
Me: Alright thank you, thank you *smiling*

*Note: she didnt ask me to show any document. Not even bank statemnt or my results.. Was too glad. I'm still very happy sef lol.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jasmine21(f): 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
babsharon:

Congrat bro !!! we are expecting ur interview experience at the u.s embassy

Thank u very much. Just posted my interview experience here. U can also check it on the testimonies page.
Once again, thank u all for ur contributions on dis page it helped me a lot in boosting my confidence and knowing how to tackle visa questions.

God bless! Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithremmy: 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Here's the number to call: 094601748

Yea. You can go with an april statement. Its still recent.

Thanks man am greatful aswell is it lagos number or abuja its not going tru
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 10:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
jasmine21: Ok guys, here's how my interview went today 10th July. T'was a middle aged woman she's either black american or mixed race.

Me: Hello gd morning *smiles*
VO: (looking into her computer) yeah morning.
She asked me to d whole thumbprinting stuff and went straight to d questions
VO: What do u do currently?
Me: I resigned in December to prepare towards this masters' program
VO: ok, what did u do there?
Me: I explained my job role and functions to her
VO: *nods her head* ok. When did u get ur first degree?
Me: told her the year and my university
VO: What other schools did u apply to?
VO: *nods again* did u take any tests?
Me: yes i took the GRE and Toefl tests and i told her my scores in each one
VO: Who is ur sponsor
Me: My Dad
VO: what does he do?
VO: After your program, what will u do?
Me: After graduation, i plan to relocate to Nigeria and work with one of the top accounting or IT firms here in Nigeria and get married *i smiled*
VO: hahahaha thats good, thats good.
Na so She just stretch her hand on top shelf commot that sexy paper and pamphlet for me
VO: ur visa has been approved, pls pickmit up on monday at Apapa
Me: Alright thank you, thank you *smiling*

*Note: she didnt ask me to show any document. Not even bank statemnt or my results.. Was too glad. I'm still very happy sef lol.

Wow!!!!! This is God's favour ooooo..

Congrats dear..

Your Interview was veryyyyyy smooth mehn.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithremmy: 10:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
jasmine21:

Thank u very much. Just posted my interview experience here. U can also check it on the testimonies page.
Once again, thank u all for ur contributions on dis page it helped me a lot in boosting my confidence and knowing how to tackle visa questions.

God bless! Cheers!

Congratulation man u re lucky I pray mine goes easy lyk dat if at all I never see date for appointment. I was in the embasy 2day @ water carington I swear 4 d security cos he did not giv me chance to copy number to book a close date anyway hope I wil see dis month date cos deadline to arive Us is 6th aug
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jasmine21(f): 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Wow!!!!! This is God's favour ooooo..

Congrats dear..

Your Interview was veryyyyyy smooth mehn.....
Thanks i'm telling u God's favour! When i started laughin at d end of d lastquestn she joined in to laff too i was happy and sure i had nailed it.

I'm a girl by d way lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 11:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
jasmine21:
Thanks i'm telling u God's favour! When i started laughin at d end of d lastquestn she joined in to laff too i was happy and sure i had nailed it.

I'm a girl by d way lol

Congrats Jasmine... Welcome to the club grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 12:09am On Jul 11, 2013
Congratulations Jasmine. Wish you all the best in the United States.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 1:10am On Jul 11, 2013
Congratulations Jasmine!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lolabunny90: 1:16am On Jul 11, 2013
I got my visa approved at Lagos on Monday morning.
Here is how my interview went

VO took my biometrics then began.

VO: Hi, what are you going to the US to do?
ME: To study
VO: What school?
ME: Told her name of school
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
ME: 5
VO: Why did you choose this school?
ME: Aside from the generous scholarship they offered they also have highly ranked hospitals and healthcare programs. They also have a top rated Rural Medicine program. They are also very focused on medical work and research in third world countries and have great undergraduate research opportunities.
VO: Did you write the SAT?
ME: Yes, would you like to see my results?
VO: No, that's ok. Who is sponsoring you?
ME: My uncle.
VO: What does he do?
ME: He owns a business development consultancy and also owns a large scale exporting company.
VO: (hands me white paper) Your visa has been approved.

Observations: The VOs were all fair.....strict but fair. No documents were asked of me. If you could defend yourself and show you were genuine, they were giving the visas.

Thanks to all the help and advice nairaland. God bless una!

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:51am On Jul 11, 2013
@Jasmine and bunnygirl,

Cheers girls!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by chikeziedan: 2:43am On Jul 11, 2013
olarwarlay:

house am new to the house. please i applied to study at victory bible institute last february but i was denied the visa. but i reaplied and my new i 20 just arived and i am planning to book for an appointment anytime from now. but i want to find out. is there a chance of getting it this time since is an INSTITUTE and not a university.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:02am On Jul 11, 2013
chikeziedan:

house am new to the house. please i applied to study at victory bible institute last february but i was denied the visa. but i reaplied and my new i 20 just arived and i am planning to book for an appointment anytime from now. but i want to find out. is there a chance of getting it this time since is an INSTITUTE and not a university.

May I ask which course were you admitted for in the school? I guess no GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL or CGPA/Grades required for this kind of admission.

Well, you know the reason(s) + answer(s) yourself. Just pray it's your lucky day because US needs what will benefit them even at worse after the applicant's finished studying. Though nothing is impossible but dis fit tey to be posibu o!

FYI: Majority of Americans don't step churches but clubs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jasmine21(f): 4:51am On Jul 11, 2013
imperiouxx: @Jasmine and bunnygirl,

Cheers girls!

Thank o! Chairman imperiouxx, ojap, bigfrancis and olarwalay.

Thank u nairaland cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 5:29am On Jul 11, 2013
smiley smiley Awwwwwwww, so many beautiful news........God is great. Congrats to all newly approved visas.
Stay focus n God bless u all

To d expectants, ur testimonies shall b greater dan d previous in this Holy month, Amen!!!... kiss

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by WildChild00(m): 5:48am On Jul 11, 2013
bigfrancis021:

Visit here to register:

Thank you very much for the information.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 6:35am On Jul 11, 2013
So many success stories all over the thread in the last couple of days. Congrats to all who have gotten their visas. May the remaining hopefuls also be successful at the embassy. To those who keep providing useful info, God bless you guys.
Cheers smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 7:13am On Jul 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

May I ask which course were you admitted for in the school? I guess no GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL or CGPA/Grades required for this kind of admission.

Well, you know the reason(s) + answer(s) yourself. Just pray it's your lucky day because US needs what will benefit them even at worse after the applicant's finished studying. Though nothing is impossible but dis fit tey to be posibu o!

FYI: Majority of Americans don't step churches but clubs.

10000 likes!!! My brother is always on point grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Italian Student Visa-help! / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.