Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,119 members, 7,977,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 10:52 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (495950 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 8:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ms Nas and co. i say a big heartfelt Congratulations to you. See you @ the TOP. ciao!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 8:38pm On Jul 15, 2013
Siga: ...warm up good...cos u will need it....u sure u ready for the cold?
Hahahahahaha! @Siga baba, wetin dey happen for here oooooo. You wanna relocate to yankee nii? Another Guru in the house my fellow NLr's.... Don't let him go ooooo. Twaleeee!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hello house,

Can gurus in the house help me with the following questions?

1) I got admitted into LOYOLA UNIVERSITY CHICAGO for Masters in Information Technology, I hope the school is not automatic denial like VIU and community colleges?

2) What is the best answer when VO ask why should I grant you a VISA?

Awaiting your kind responses.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2013
RedReact: Ms Nas, quantum-wise, in the spirit of Einstein, Erico Fermi, Heisenberg, Paul Dirac, Schrodinger, I say congratulations.
Physicists are just too much because their heads are there.
But one thing I have noticed is that many of our Nigerian physicists are leaving that field; a good friend of mine is planning to leave the field, while I myself have taken a bow out of that line. Saw a physics thread and looks like many are leaving the path of Physics for other fields and recently, we are loosing a vivacious YOU to the world of technical/information science.
One thing I know is this; Physicists are badass crooks blasting and blazing in their fields chosen cos it is in our spirit. I am waiting to see your name on the prestigious "hall of fame" of life.
All the best in your career!!!
Awwww! Thanks so much my Fellow Physicist! grin grin. I tell you, we physicists are all rounders! Maybe its cos Physics is basically the bedrock of the physical sciences wink. True what you said about people abandoning physics sad Most of my classmates are either into communications, IT or Engineering nowsad Either way sha, we balling bro!. What field are you in now? Feels good having a fellow gimme a shout out smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
Olatomide: Visa was granted in lagos. Interview was slated for 7:30am, didn't get in till around past 10. The VO at window 1 was denying virtually everyone, prayed he shouldn't attend to me, alas my number popped up. He questioned me on everything possible and checked each document, in the end I was granted. Headed to UTD for my graduate studies in Geology. Sorry it aint explicit.

@last I found a fellow UTD student on NL. Please pm me. Let's relate... #wink. Congrats on your visa approval!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
*moonwalks into thread* grin grin grin grin

Congrats to Ms Nas et al smiley smiley wishing you the very best in your studies smiley

Expecting more testimonies this week... God is indeed faithful smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Oga imperiouxx free dose tinz jor..

We are men. 4get dt girl jare.. I didn't even know dt she will get mad self. I for jst stay on ma own. I just wanted to make d thread lively nd interesting.

She is not friendly.. she just got angry because of dt little tin.

Even dt sure guy ojap didn't even complain, na only she dey claim say she get mouth..

Mshewwww...
Clearly, you're uncouth! I don't have time for Youngins like you. Soo...BYEwink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 9:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
kofsy: *moonwalks into thread* grin grin grin grin

Congrats to Ms Nas et al smiley smiley wishing you the very best in your studies smiley

Thanks Kofsy kiss kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sholay2011(m): 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
kofsy: *moonwalks into thread* grin grin grin grin

Kofsy! ! You are welcome. Happy to see u here. Next month is my GRE. ..urs?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 9:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Sent..... Check ur mail bro.

Thanks bro.... I got it and i also replied you... God bless you!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by misstoyo(f): 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hey fellow Nairalanders...I have been following this thread silently for a long time now. Well my interview date is next month and I need some advice.
I'm an undergraduate. I have been to two universities(American University of Nigeria and Unilag). I left the first university due to personal reasons and I attended unilag to keep my self busy until I was ready to take a bold step to study abroad. The question is do I stand a chance of getting a visa after attending both universities? I can't lie about not attending the universities because they have my records in their system. I have a current visitors visa. I have been travelling since my childhood. What is the favourable excuse I could use for leaving both universities to study in the US? I finished secondary school since 2008. Please help me sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
misstoyo: Hey fellow Nairalanders...I have been following this thread silently for a long time now. Well my interview date is next month and I need some advice.
I'm an undergraduate. I have been to two universities(American University of Nigeria and Unilag). I left the first university due to personal reasons and I attended unilag to keep my self busy until I was ready to take a bold step to study abroad. The question is do I stand a chance of getting a visa after attending both universities? I can't lie about not attending the universities because they have my records in their system. I have a current visitors visa. I have been travelling since my childhood. What is the favourable excuse I could use for leaving both universities to study in the US? I finished secondary school since 2008. Please help me sad

Your answer: Count the number of times ASUU had gone on strike between 2008 to 2005 + UNILAG internal strikes. Then, tell the V.O you don't want to spend 10yrs in college hence your reason for applying to US schools where they have a stable system. Let him know that ASUU is presently on strike as you are talking. Pray the strike will still be on whenever you're going for your interview. This may be your best joker. #Apologies to my Naija students grin

N:B - If the issue of private universities come up, tell the V.O you don't want to settle for less. You want a quality education as well and believe the US degree is widely respected and accepted all over the world. #Apologies to my Naija private university folks...grin

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zynnnie: 9:57pm On Jul 15, 2013
misstoyo: Hey fellow Nairalanders...I have been following this thread silently for a long time now. Well my interview date is next month and I need some advice.

am not a guru on here but you sound unserious and highly distracted. Two opportunities in the finest school down here and you can't graduate, you need sth very authentic other than your frequent travelling experience as a reason for wanting to continue abroad.
My advice finish your undergraduate studies. One step at a time .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Flawlessdiva1(f): 9:58pm On Jul 15, 2013
vivysparkles: Visa approved 30mins ago in Abuja...

VO : good morning pass me ur docs
Me: good morning, passed docs
VO : what r u going to do in the us
Me: graduate studies in public health
VO:where was ur undergrad
Me: KNUST, Ghana
VO: lemme have ur transcripts please
Me: passed em
VO: what's ur cumulative gap
Me: 66.09%
VO: since u went to Ghana to study, why are u now going to the US?
Me: becos there's no master of public health programme in Ghana
VO: who's paying for ur studies
Me: my dad
VO: what does he do
Me: he's an assistant manager at Bleep oil company
VO: in portharcourt?
Me: yes
VO: how long has he been assistant manager
Me: told her
VO: how many siblings do u have and what are they doing currently?
Me: told her
VO: ok ur visa is approved, allow enuf tym for customs and immigration bla bla bla and hands me a pickup paper
Me: ok...thank you ma!

Yaaaayyyyyyyyy!
Congrats, ur school pls and what's your concentration?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
zynnnie:

am not a guru on here but you sound unserious and highly distracted. Two opportunities in the finest school down here and you can't graduate, you need sth very authentic other than your frequent travelling experience as a reason for wanting to continue abroad.

Take it easy bro. You don't know her or what she is facing. Don't jump into conclusion please. All you should have done is profer a solution and let the rest slide. You're a man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
Congratulations Ms. Nas and Vivysparkles! Cheers!

Been away since morning and the thread has filled up so fast! Wow! Struggling to catch up. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 10:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
zynnnie:

Kai! People sha! shocked did you read her write-up atall? She said she left AUN cos of personal reasons (and I'm 100% sure you don't know what those reasons are). She also said she went to Unilag cos she was bidding her time to study at the US!! So where's the unseriousness there? undecided You had no right to call her unserious! Like WTH #DontJudge abeg. As its being said, those who lives in glass house should no throw stones wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by seunolumonday(f): 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
@big francis,ojap,imprexxiou i need advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
sholay2011:
Kofsy! ! You are welcome. Happy to see u here. Next month is my GRE. ..urs?
Ah! Shola? Are you here too? I've never seen you here before now... How are you doing? Next month is my test also smiley how is your prep going? The reading comprehension aspect of the verbal section is giving me tough time o sad specifically the long boring ones sad sad any hint or tactic on how to handle it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by misstoyo(f): 10:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
OjaP:

Your answer: Count the number of times ASUU had gone on strike between 2008 to 2005 + UNILAG internal strikes. Then, tell the V.O you don't want to spend 10yrs in college hence your reason for applying to US schools where they have a stable system. Let him know that ASUU is presently on strike as you are talking. Pray the strike will still be on whenever you're going for your interview. This may be your best joker. #Apologies to my Naija students grin

N:B - If the issue of private universities come up, tell the V.O you don't want to settle for less. You want a quality education as well and believe the US degree is widely respected and accepted all over the world. #Apologies to my Naija private university folks...grin

Lol. Thanx. That's a good idea.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsSantaClaus(f): 10:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
OjaP:

Take it easy bro. You don't know her or what she is facing. Don't jump into conclusion please. All you should have done is profer a solution and let the rest slide. You're a man.

Sometimes, tough criticism is required! The Visa Officers have no time for sentiment. If you come here for advice, you have to be ready for the truth so as not to be misguided . If I was a visa officer I would honestly wonder if this person is a serious student at all or just wants to go to the US and continue moving from school to school and maybe become an easily influenced person (think of the Boston Bomber ) the devil has work for idle minds! Having traveled as a child is not the same as being an adult, in the first instance your parents are responsible for you and your actions, as an undergraduate student you are more or less responsible for your own actions. This is what the VO will consider. Your reasons for moving from two schools will not be private when it comes to the interview and if the reasons are not good enough to satisfy the VO, then, I don't need to say more..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by misstoyo(f): 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ms Nas:
Kai! People sha! shocked did you read her write-up atall? She said she left AUN cos of personal reasons (and I'm 100% sure you don't know what those reasons are). She also said she went to Unilag cos she was bidding her time to study at the US!! So where's the unseriousness there? undecided You had no right to call her unserious! Like WTH #DontJudge abeg. As its being said, those who lives in glass house should no throw stones wink

Thanx doll. You seem like a cool person. No wonder people on here always have good things to say about you. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by misstoyo(f): 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

Sometimes, tough criticism is required! The Visa Officers have no time for sentiment. If you come here for advice, you have to be ready for the truth so as not to be misguided . If I was a visa officer I would honestly wonder if this person is a serious student at all or just wants to go to the US and continue moving from school to school and maybe become an easily influenced person (think of the Boston Bomber ) the devil has work for idle minds! Having traveled as a child is not the same as being an adult, in the first instance your parents are responsible for you and your actions, as an undergraduate student you are more or less responsible for your own actions. This is what the VO will consider. Your reasons for moving from two schools will not be private when it comes to the interview and if the reasons are not good enough to satisfy the VO, then, I don't need to say more..

After all the tough criticism. You haven't offered any solution. All you did was point a finger at me. Why not come up with a solution. Isn't that why I'm here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zynnnie: 10:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

my point in a longer version and maybe in a more sensitive way. People have graduated from university since 08 irrespective of the strike. What's your own reason. Coming from a VO's angle u need to come up with sth other than strike and personal reasons. Am actually a female and am really not a monster.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 10:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

You have good points. I want to believe she won't tell the V.O she went to two schools but one. She only confided in us and who knows maybe she left her first school due to cultism or harassment - you never can tell. Who also knows maybe she is even a diploma student in UNILAG or not given the course she wants to study. Several factors may had influenced her decision into considering the U.S.A. These are mere assumptions from me, and I won't want anyone to think this is exactly what happened.

Again, you have good points and I salute your intelligence. At the same time, I believe she can go get another milk instead of crying over a spilled one. I think the way forward is what we should show her. Normally, I don't respond to this type of question on here but something just tells me this may not be her fault after all hence my reply to her. I also believe she would have learned one or two things from what you guys posted. Destructive criticism is different from a constructive one. You sure have shown maturity in handling this matter. Thank you and God bless.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zynnnie: 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
misstoyo:

After all the tough criticism. You haven't offered any solution. All you did was point a finger at me. Why not come up with a solution. Isn't that why I'm here?

am so sorry if i hurt you, not intended at all. Am very good at Finding loop holes, is a talent. I may not be of help with solution but i will point out the holes for the gurus to fill in.

Am a critic , i get paid to critise, critisim is very good, gives room for change and growth. Look beyond the hurtful feeling and see sense in it.
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
zynnnie:

am so sorry if i hurt you, not intended at all. Am very good at Finding loop holes, is a talent. I may not be of help with solution but i will point out the holes for the gurus to fill in.

Am a critic , i get paid to critise, critisim is very good, gives room for change and growth. Look beyond the hurtful feeling and see sense in it.
Thank you

Wow!! humility at its peak. I am so sure she learned one or two things from you too. I like the way you handled this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zynnnie: 10:48pm On Jul 15, 2013
misstoyo:

Am a critic , i get paid to criticize, criticism is very good, gives room for change and growth. Look beyond the hurtful feeling and see sense in it. Am sorry once again

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teexzle: 10:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
smartguy1759:
We are in the same shoes, am going for a PhD with full funding...send me a PM so that we can rub minds wink
Do phd applicants write gre too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
Anyone in the house know where i can take passport photograph... I remember someone once said STUDIO .. but i cant remember the full name of the place and address too.. Pls i need help on anywhere you know i can take passport photograp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by misstoyo(f): 11:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
zynnnie:

Thank you

Yh I understand. It's kool smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
Walspring: Anyone in the house know where i can take passport photograph... I remember someone once said STUDIO .. but i cant remember the full name of the place and address too.. Pls i need help on anywhere you know i can take passport photograp

Do u reside in lagos.. If YES, then I can give you directions to where you can take yours. because dts where I took mine and it perfect..

It is a well suitable and standard studio at ikeja.

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (401)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.