Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,565 members, 7,888,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 04:04 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491372 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ayemidun0328: 11:16am On Jul 17, 2013
Hello bigfrancis21, Have been trying to reach you...i hold a Bsc Accounting and i want to apply for Master in Accounting in Cleveland state university or minnesota state university. Please, what do you know about this schools, are they good to go? Please need your response. Here is my email: omotosho_fem@yahoo.com. Thanks.

bigfrancis21:

Congratulations Obiora! Even though you didn't write the GRE, you still got your visa approved. I remember the first day you added me on BBM, you were quite unsure of your chances of getting the visa without any standardized test. To which I told you what to say as to not writing the GRE. I also advised you to take the TOEFL test which you did and performed well. And you went for your interview today, the same GRE result was asked of you and you told the VO exactly that and it worked.

You also had the strong faith of booking your flight with emirates way before you went for your interview because you were faithful that your visa will get approved. And it worked. Your flight ticket money isn't a waste afterall. grin

I'm so happy for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 11:16am On Jul 17, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Right on point bro.. Even if he doesn't have any siblingS abroad, I hope someone or an agent didn't help him in filling DS 160 form.

Because the US Embassy dont deny student applicants for No reason... There is sometin wrong with his application..

And this brings me to a conclusion dt it might be a case of INCONSISTENCY in his DS 160 form..

@Bimmey, you need to run a check on that...
To be honest, i dont have any siblings abroad n i d only persn we av as a family s a distant uncle who cant even recognize me neither can i recognize him, i filld my ds 160 myslf n i statd no siblngs, bt am nt dscourage nor sad,today wasnt my day,i'l try n reapply again n carefully fil anoda ds 160, thanks @all n congrat to dos who gt dia visa today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 11:27am On Jul 17, 2013
Morris: I was denied at us embassy abj today dis hw it went:

My current employer a compan is sponsorin me so he ask two questions: so ur employer will pay for ur 4yrs? and I said yea, and he asked again so wat do u do for dem? I told him am quality control analyst and explaind my duties but he stil asked same questn again and I gav him same ansa. Dat was where I made a mistake cos I found out he was trying to knw wat de company benefits frm me for sending me for de program and he was de only one interviewing all of us at de time he got close to my turn he startd denying ppl and drinkin water and I tink his was gettin tired. Dats all he asked.
Na soo

So sorry to hear about you delay Morris. I have been looking forward to hearing your success story.

Don't be deterred. It could be a blessing in disguise. Apparently, the VO was curious and wanted to know why your company will spend so much on you for 4years. THOUGHT YOU PRACTISED THIS A LOT EVEN ON THIS THREAD.

#lesson: when the VO keeps reiterating a question, be observant as your response is a determinant.

Hope it isn't late for you to reapply. If no, please reapply and practise very well. If yes, email your int'l advisor for possible deferment till Spring (if your school/Dept allows intake for the term)

All da best Morris.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 12:13pm On Jul 17, 2013
Any dates for Lagos embassy Please update thread o!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 12:14pm On Jul 17, 2013
I forgot to make a copy of my passport before submitting o and I don't have a national ID or driving license...what do I do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
Quoted u earlier but wrongly so I guess u dint knw I was refering to u. U don't need anytin aside d white slip to pick up ur pasport afterall ur face is on ur pasport lol. Jus go, dey ll make u minute original copy received by u on d white paper and collect it das all. Ur I 20 will b givn to u wit ur pasprt.
vivysparkles: I forgot to make a copy of my passport before submitting o and I don't have a national ID or driving license...what do I do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
virgin ice: Quoted u earlier but wrongly so I guess u dint knw I was refering to u. U don't need anytin aside d white slip to pick up ur pasport afterall ur face is on ur pasport lol. Jus go, dey ll make u minute original copy received by u on d white paper and collect it das all. Ur I 20 will b givn to u wit ur pasprt.

Oh! Thank you virgin ice darling!!! kiss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 12:44pm On Jul 17, 2013
@ Bimmey, ur courage and optimism is very encouraging, I like ur spirit and am sure u wl get ur visa approved d next time. Am not wishing u luck, am saying : Go and collect ur visa once u re apply #STAMPED!

To oder visa aspirant/applicant, learn from dis highly spirited/courageous/focused/... grin being
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zynnnie: 1:44pm On Jul 17, 2013
My interview is tomorrow and am so tensed, a billion things going on in my head at the same time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2013
zynnnie: My interview is tomorrow and am so tensed, a billion things going on in my head at the same time.

O boi small small oooo. No go let ur head explode ooooo. Lol!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2013
zynnnie: My interview is tomorrow and am so tensed, a billion things going on in my head at the same time.

O boi small small oooo. No go let ur head explode ooooo. Lol!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by KehindeOseni: 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
Good day house, i have followed this thread from part one and I have benefited a lot. My interview is slated for Friday 19th, I paid for my SEVIS fee last week friday via a friend in the US, the payment is yet to reflect. I intend to travel to Abuja tomorrow from Yola. I am a bit confused, rescheduling may be another option but I am not sure if I can get dates earlier than the resumption time (Aug 22) or dates for nextweek. I need your candid advice. Also anyone with an information regarding available dates please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 17, 2013

For, it is written that.. ''Ask and it shall be given unto you''...
Go there, the VISA is yours.. Come Share ur (testimony) 1minute interview experience..
#AMIN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 2:35pm On Jul 17, 2013
Kehinde Oseni: Good day house, i have followed this thread from part one and I have benefited a lot. My interview is slated for Friday 19th, I paid for my SEVIS fee last week friday via a friend in the US, the payment is yet to reflect. I intend to travel to Abuja tomorrow from Yola. I am a bit confused, rescheduling may be another option but I am not sure if I can get dates earlier than the resumption time (Aug 22) or dates for nextweek. I need your candid advice. Also anyone with an information regarding available dates please?

Did you pay through western union?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
ola2tu: actually am just an observer on this thread, for now I Don't have plans into any US school for now , but I made that statement Cuz I went into any argument with my frnd in University of Michigan, though he obtained his visa approval via VIU, and he insisted 4 others got theirs via VIU@ the Abuja embassy, however his claims can be disregarded because a larger number of applicants on nairaland and the guru's in the house explained clearly why VIU is a red flag with proofs to back their claims.

I like your conclusion about NL view of VIU but please tell that friend of yours that says 4 people he knows got the visa through VIU that he should wipe his lips always because [size=15pt]HE CAN LIE TOO MUCH![/size]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
Bimmey:
next tin i heard was sori we r... I was jst wndrng wat d Bleep hapnd,thut he was jst askn as preamble lol, bt its was just luck. I met an agent outsyd dt said whr i made mstke was wen i said i av no siblin abroad,he said i shld brng 30k 2 get urgnt date 4me dt wen he refil my ds 160,dy'l gve me.i jst smiled. So dats my story,wish dos havng dias nw al d luck dy cn get.

The agent was an agent of doom. Good you know that. However, I'll change my signature soon because of you.... watch out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
@obsy2020,

Let the begins bro. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Thanks, but its for a conference. Its for my bro and he's going for a conference in Texas in August. Someone told me that he can't get August appoint as its too near. Is it true?

Sorry about this my long mouth oooo..... Do people still come for conference stuffs? undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oluwatosin4us(m): 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
LOL don't panic .Trust in JEHOVAH with all ur heart.pray continuously ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by KehindeOseni: 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
fittty:

Did you pay through western union?

Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walako: 3:27pm On Jul 17, 2013
Hello house.pls can someone send me a template of a sponsor's letter to(abdulrashidzakari@yahoo.com)

Thank u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
@house, my visa was approved this morning at Lagos embassy.
My interview was scheduled for 7.30am, got to the embassy by 7am, queued and waited for our turn for gain access, finally they called us, the security search was tough. If someone can pass thru all dis stress just to gain access to the embassy, only God know what one will pass through if you want to gain access to white house.
went into the hall wit courage and faith, queued n submitted my docs in window 11, then went 2sit down comfortably, within 4mins ,my number popped up on window 7, so i went for my fingerprint after which she gave mi my docs adn she said she my number will cum up shortly for interview. the lady in counter 1 was giving @ rate of 90%, the asian guy in window 2, delayed almost everybody that went up to him, but he approved only 2 applicants while i was there, window 3 at 50%.
my number popped out in window 5, so i quickly went there. the interview lasted for 6mins

Vo: Good mrng
me: i responded with a big smile
vo; what do u do?
me: i'm a student
vo: when did u graduate
me: i graduated 2010, went for my one yr compulsory nysc
vo: Datz gud, where did you serve and which state?
me: I served here in lag with access bank, continued smiling
vo How did u cum across this sch?
Me: thru usnews.com, checked their requirement and i contacted Prof. Ralph Davis, the dept chair and Prof. Doy Zachry the course advisor.
VO: gud
VO: how many univ. did u send your application to?, did they accept or reject
Me: i applied to 4 univ. (university of salford UK, univ. of oklahoma, Univ. of arkansas and Fort Hay state univ. kansas). 3 accept and 1 reject.
VO: Whatz ur course of study?
Me: petroleum Geology
VO: Why petroleum Geology?
Me: oil and gas contributes abt 85% GDP to nigeria, i will learn the basics for exploration and production for oil and gas, which will help me reserch and establish an alternative source for exploring of oil in Niger with little or no environmental impact which will lead to the end of the oil spills we experience in Nigeria.
VO. good
VO: whatz ur GRE score?
Me: Na here, i use bigfrancis ans( No, i didnt write gre, i took graduate level courses at univ. of port-harcourt, so based on my performance the sch waived the gre for me) God bless u bigfrancis
Me: i have my toefl result which i wrote just because of the embassy, i presented the result, she said no need for that.
VO: what the highest point for toefl
Me: i said 120 wit a smile
VO: It seems u luv smiling
Me: yes cos its makes us look younger and stress free,
Vo: responded with a smile
VO: Hose sponsoring you?
Me: my uncle Elo - steel Limited
VO: What does he do for a living?
Me: Na here i finish the woman( my uncle own a steel and mining coy, he has several branches ard Nigeria, he supplies to julius berger, CCECC and other construction giant blah blah blah)
V0: Do u have any letter of his contract
Me: No, i av his statement of account, i gave it to her
Vo; Dis is 3months statement, wen she viewed the statement which was abt 18pages with transactions more than 600million just for 3months, she said he must be a rich man.
Me: he is very rich, diz is the least of his company account, with a smile
VO: how old is ur uncle and how many children
Me: I said he's 40, and he has a 2yrs old daughter
Vo: Interesting
VO: what abt ur parents?
Me: my dad is a retired Dr. and my mum works with federal ministry of housing,
VO: do u av siblings?
Me: yes 2 gals, both are married and work with zenith bank and GTB RESPECTIVELY.
VO: so u are the only son?
Me: yes ma wit a smile, CONTINUED SMILING
VO: You smile alot, and must tell me d reason for this smile
ME: smiling cos you will approve my visa
VO: responded with a smile, typed for 30 secs, and just looked straight to my eyes for 5 secs, gave mi the d white slip and said, go to lekki on monday and pick ur visa. enjoy ur stay in america and keep smilling.
ME; Thank you Ma,
All thanks to God for his favour, cos the rate of denial today was outrageous, more than 70% were denied. obamaland on point.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
Kehinde Oseni:

Yes

I don't think it's necessary to reschedule. Just keep checking fmjfee.com and u can send dem a mail tomorrow. U can reschedule your first missed appointment FOC anyways.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
@obsy2020 that your interview na die. Great job. U finished d VO. I almost laughed my gut out. Congrats.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2013
obsy2020: @house, my visa was approved this morning at Lagos embassy.
My interview was scheduled for 7.30am, got to the embassy by 7am, queued and waited for our turn for gain access, finally they called us, the security search was tough. If someone can pass thru all dis stress just to gain access to the embassy, only God know what one will pass through if you want to gain access to white house.
went into the hall wit courage and faith, queued n submitted my docs in window 11, then went 2sit down comfortably, within 4mins ,my number popped up on window 7, so i went for my fingerprint after which she gave mi my docs adn she said she my number will cum up shortly for interview. the lady in counter 1 was giving @ rate of 90%, the asian guy in window 2, delayed almost everybody that went up to him, but he approved only 2 applicants while i was there, window 3 at 50%.
my number popped out in window 5, so i quickly went there. the interview lasted for 6mins

vo; what do u do?
Me: thru usnews.com, checked their requirement and i contacted Prof. Ralph Davis, the dept chair and Prof. Doy Zachry the course advisor.
Me: i applied to 4 univ. (university of salford UK, univ. of oklahoma, Univ. of arkansas and Fort Hay state univ. kansas). 3 accept and 1 reject.
Me: oil and gas contributes abt 85% GDP to nigeria, i will learn the basics for exploration and production for oil and gas, which will help me reserch and establish an alternative source for exploring of oil in Niger with little or no environmental impact which will lead to the end of the oil spills we experience in Nigeria.
VO. good
Me: Na here, i use bigfrancis ans( No, i didnt write gre, i took graduate level courses at univ. of port-harcourt, so based on my performance the sch waived the gre for me) God bless u bigfrancis
Me: i have my toefl result which i wrote just because of the embassy, i presented the result, she said no need for that.
Me: Na here i finish the woman( my uncle own a steel and mining coy, he has several branches ard Nigeria, he supplies to julius berger, CCECC and other construction giant blah blah blah)
Vo; Dis is 3months statement, wen she viewed the statement which was abt 18pages with transactions more than 600million just for 3months, she said he must be a rich man.
Me: yes 2 gals, both are married and work with zenith bank and GTB RESPECTIVELY.
VO: responded with a smile, typed for 30 secs, and just looked straight to my eyes for 5 secs, gave mi the d white slip and said, go to lekki on monday and pick ur visa. enjoy ur stay in america and keep smilling.
ME; Thank you Ma,
All thanks to God for his favour, cos the rate of denial today was outrageous, more than 70% were denied. obamaland on point.

Congrats Obi, you did great...Mr Smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dannylux: 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2013
obsy2020: @house, my visa was approved this morning at Lagos embassy.

vo; what do u do?
VO. good
ME; Thank you Ma,

igba nri na ofe! Enjoy your stay in Obamaland bro.
Honestly, the woman fired you lots of twisted questions. An average guy would start stammering but then you covertly answered them correctly. Thumbs up to you man and keep smiling.rofl. Our testimony wil b better than urs IJN.amen!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
Congrats Obsy.......Welcome to the United States. You will surely enjoy Petroleum Geology.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 3:55pm On Jul 17, 2013
Big tanx to NL members, dey made it possible. Buh d@ woman like talk sha choi,
@ NL members goin for interview, pls try n smile it reduces fear and make you composed.
@ojap send mi ur pin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 3:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
lisadem:

So sorry to hear about you delay Morris. I have been looking forward to hearing your success story.

Don't be deterred. It could be a blessing in disguise. Apparently, the VO was curious and wanted to know why your company will spend so much on you for 4years. THOUGHT YOU PRACTISED THIS A LOT EVEN ON THIS THREAD.

#lesson: when the VO keeps reiterating a question, be observant as your response is a determinant.

Hope it isn't late for you to reapply. If no, please reapply and practise very well. If yes, email your int'l advisor for possible deferment till Spring (if your school/Dept allows intake for the term)

All da best Morris.

Dear naso ooo dey denied today, my skul will resume on 19th, I jst paid anoda visa fee today I want to book an expedite appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 4:16pm On Jul 17, 2013
aobsy2020: Big tanx to NL members, dey made it possible. Buh d@ woman like talk sha choi,
@ NL members goin for interview, pls try n smile it reduces fear and make you composed.
@ojap send mi ur pin
@obsy2020 congrat,was also there at 7.30, the ladies there toward were really fair compared to the guys,they r just way 2 hard,stingy n wouldnt ask u much questions b4 dy conclude.i was jst a bit below been fortunate my no popped up on d guys counter.Honestly if u'v spent enuf tym on this thread u dont nid 2b scared/nervous 4d interview jst pray u'l b so fortunate at that one minute u'r no wil show,it could make alot of difference. Congrat bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by KehindeOseni: 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
Hello house, any available dates for July please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by KehindeOseni: 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2013
annoymous:

I don't think it's necessary to reschedule. Just keep checking fmjfee.com and u can send dem a mail tomorrow. U can reschedule your first missed appointment FOC anyways.

Thank you very much, I will be on the lookout.

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.