Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,737 members, 7,875,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (490576 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:33am On Aug 30, 2013
jonnyp: Ricky ROzay Baba tuale...

I dey hail you Boss. Your boy dey loyal.. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 30, 2013
Horayce:
8am on the 28th august. my average quant scores were at par wit ur own. i overstudied for quant: did virtualy all the tests on manhattan gre, magoosh, princeton review and kaplan yet came short on the exam(159). those ets guys wicked, why give us deceptively easy questions on the mocks? another guy i met at the centre who was confident of a 165 came short wit a 160. it cud be that the exams are getting tougher cos thats the trend on some gre forum i am on fb. but some bad asian peeps still dey score 170 witout barely opening books undecided.

Bro, I think we're together. I did all those tests, except magoosh.
(Manhattan gre books are nice sha.I'd recommend them anytime.) It's not like the quant was tough sha. Just tricky.
@bolded: Definitely na? what do you expect from guys wey dey multiply multiple four-digit numbers in less than 5 seconds
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:51am On Aug 30, 2013
Walspring:

Good info that i wish to know more about cos a school once told me to NOTARIZED my documents before.. Tell me after NOTARIZED what next?

You can Notarize your document at Ikeja High court Lagos.. I Notarized 35 documents there for #4,000.. But I did mine outside the court room in ikeja.

But when you go inside the court room. They will charge you veryy high, which is about #500 per document.

And they told me inside the court room that if I want to Notarize 35 documents, it will cost me #17,500.. So me I just give myself brain ooo. Lol. I just lock up..

So instead, I went outside the court room at ikeja high court. You will see those women that call people for affidavit outside the court room, approach them and Talk to em and Negotiate well with them like I did.

Also, AFTER Notarizing your document, the next step is to send your Notarized document in a package along with your admission application forms and document and send it by mail to your school either through Nipost Registered mail OR through FedEx, TNT, DHL, EMS. Which ever one you prefer.

Cheers bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by HABRUZZY(m): 9:58am On Aug 30, 2013
good morning pals i wish to apply for under graduates schools in USA can anyone please list some affordable schools in USA for international students your swift responds are aprreciated thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 10:01am On Aug 30, 2013
eucharia64:

Calu: california university of management n science, CIT: california institute of technology. IIT: ilinois institute of technology
congrat dear, i sent a pm to you. kindly reply back asap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 10:30am On Aug 30, 2013
HABRUZZY: good morning pals i wish to apply for under graduates schools in USA can anyone please list some affordable schools in USA for international students your swift responds are aprreciated thanks

You will have to do your research yourself bro because we don't know the Financial status of your Family, so it's only you that can decide that.

But you can still check the following Cheap and affordable schools below;

Oklahoma Panhandle State University
West Virginia University, Petersburg
Southwest Minnesota State University
Southern Arkansas University
Bemidji State University

So you can decide if they are affordable to you.

Also, you can find the following search tools helpful;

www.usnews.com
www.princetonreview.com
www.petersons.com
www.collegeboard.org
www.braintrack.com

Cheers bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFK12: 10:40am On Aug 30, 2013
pls house which nigeria bank naira mastercard can one use to pay application fee online ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mystiqme: 10:51am On Aug 30, 2013
Dolapo and to others this may concern,
To apply for a PhD program, there are some considerations you have to make. Those high scores are great and they mostly meet the cut off of the top 10/20 schools, but sometimes the requirements of those schools feature things like publications,etc.
You should begin sending out emails to potential advisors and program coordinators. Some schools require that you have an advisor before they even consider you for admission. I remember missing out on a school in Spring 2012 because of my inability to nail down an advisor. In fact the program coordinator sent me an apologetic email saying I was the second best applicant, but I could not be granted admission due to that singular fact.
I would recommend you only apply to schools in which a professor has promised you his/her support, that way you don't spend too much on application fees. Do not apply blindly, contact a professor, talk about research and receive a go ahead.
CHeers.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2013
JFK12: pls house which nigeria bank naira mastercard can one use to pay application fee online ?

You can use GTBank MasterNaira card.. GTBank is the best and the most RELIABLE. It worked for me and many of my friends who paid the application fee for their schools in the US..

GTBank MasterNaira card will always work.. I can vouch for em anytime, any day...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:02am On Aug 30, 2013
Mystiqme: Dolapo and to others this may concern,
To apply for a PhD program, there are some considerations you have to make. Those high scores are great and they mostly meet the cut off of schools the top 10/20 schools, but sometimes the requirements of those schools feature things like publications,etc.
You should begin sending out emails to potential advisors and program coordinators. Some schools require that you have an advisor before they even consider you for admission. I remember missing out on a school in Spring 2012 because of my inability to nail down an advisor. In fact the program coordinator sent me an apologetic email saying I was the second best applicant, but I could not be granted admission due to that singular fact.
I would recommend you only apply to schools in which a professor has promised you his/her support, that way you don't spend too much on application fees. Do not apply blindly, contact a professor, talk about research and receive a go ahead.
CHeers.

You are soo right on point... #True talk. Kudos..

Let me Add to it that apart from spending much on application fees, if one gets to know and work closely with a professor in the school, you also stand a veryy high chance of receiving FULL or partial funding from the school...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mystiqme: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

You are soo right on point... #True talk. Kudos..

Let me Add to it that apart from spending much on application fees, if one gets to know and work closely with a professor in the school, you also stand a veryy high chance of receiving FULL or partial funding from the school...
Yes, I forgot to mention that.Thanks. Contacting a professor almost always guarantees that you will receive some sort of funding during your studies. And as we all know, money is important. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mystiqme: 11:08am On Aug 30, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2013
Thank God!! I go see enough ladies for US.. All these 9ja babes forming porch go parkwell..
X_X .... *dancing*

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
@Amefrica, lol. You crack me up here! You're so funny! Now no more left over chicks, right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2013
De Tus: @Amefrica, lol. You crack me up here! You're so funny! Now no more left over chicks, right?

How about remnants lmao.. You know all them 9ja chics seem hard to get..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
Thank you, Mstiqme, Ricky Rozay. Will get straight to it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2013
@Ricky Rozay, pls can u reply my PM?
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2013
Happy Friday to everyone. May God bless our hustles - Happy mood grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
OjaP: Happy Friday to everyone. May God bless our hustles - Happy mood grin grin grin grin

♫♪♫ When I get paid, my checks be lookin' like phone numbers! ♫♪♫

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
imperiouxx:

♫♪♫ When I get paid, my checks be lookin' like phone numbers! ♫♪♫

Hahahaha....being the last working day of the month right? I want to be like you ooo embarassed embarassed

So, you listen to Wiz Khalifa too?? shocked shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kidUrbane: 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
@ d most honourable house on NL I salute o. Shoutout to d bosses that be keeping the thread informative. I'll be applying as a transfer student student for next fall. This ASUU Strike no let me send my transcript go my school..So I'm looking forward to the Fall 2014 Semester. Want to begin the processing ASAP so I'll have enough time to get things done properly. Anyone in the house with advice on transfer student application and Visa tip should please share with me o. Especially those that applied as transfer student abeg make una share una experience, suggestions,tips and advise. LONG LIVE THE THREAD!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2013
OjaP:

Hahahaha....being the last working day of the month right? I want to be like you ooo embarassed embarassed

So, you listen to Wiz Khalifa too?? shocked shocked

♫♪♫ I'm talkin' millions, nigga I'm talkin' millions

Time is money so I went and bought a Rolex ♫♪♫

Wiz K my best rapper who smokes 10K worth weed per month.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
@Amefrica, huh? I don't think so. Just leave them alone and concentration on your studies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by phatrat: 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
Thanks bro.. I appreciate
nairaspace:

SAT Preferably.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by phatrat: 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2013
Thanks a lot bro
nairaspace:

Bemidji State University
Emporia State University
University of Nebraska-Omaha

Try those!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 10:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
Liberty University, Uta State Universiy and Bowie State University which 1 is beta?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by HABRUZZY(m): 10:53pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

You will have to do your research yourself bro because we don't know the Financial status of your Family, so it's only you that can decide that.

But you can still check the following Cheap and affordable schools below;

Oklahoma Panhandle State University
West Virginia University, Petersburg
Southwest Minnesota State University
Southern Arkansas University
Bemidji State University

So you can decide if they are affordable to you.

Also, you can find the following search tools helpful;

www.usnews.com
www.princetonreview.com
www.petersons.com
www.collegeboard.org
www.braintrack.com

Cheers bro.
thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 10:59pm On Aug 30, 2013
Tochium: Liberty University, Uta State Universiy and Bowie State University which 1 is beta?

I think you should forget about Liberty University, they have a new policy that requires you to pay part of your tuition before your i20 will be mailed out to you.

Do not waste your $40 application fee.... My 50 kobo smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 11:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
olarwarlay:

I think you should forget about Liberty University, they have a new policy that requires you to pay part of your tuition before your i20 will be mailed out to you.

Do not waste your $40 application fee.... My 50 kobo smiley

yes u will deposit $250
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
Please, I need help. I have quite a number of PM notifications and I can't see anything pertaining to Nairaland in my E-mail inbox.
All help will be appreciated.

(Is moroh the same person as Mystiqme?)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.