Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,416 members, 7,881,524 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491032 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 7:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
Square65:

The other one is larger than the 200kb limit, so I split it into 3 parts.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 7:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
Square65:

The other one is larger than the 200kb limit, so I split it into 3 parts.

I'm trying to upload the third part but I'm getting this error "1547915450" and I'm wondering what that means ...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 7:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
Square65:

I'm trying to upload the third part but I'm getting this error "1547915450" and I'm wondering what that means ...
Okay, finally...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
@Iso, that's very nice. Congrats once again!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
Isobutylene: I was scheduled for the 8a.m interview on Sunday (yesterday) and got to the embassy around 7:05am cos it was a 15 minutes walking distance from my crib, behold I was the first to get there. Security check started at 7:30am before I entered the waiting room. After finger prints were taken I was asked to wait till I'll be called upon for the interview. I began muttering "Thou O Lord shall arise and have mercy upon me for the time to favor me, Yeah the set time has come". After like 10 minutes, I was the first to be called for the interview on counter No. 2.

V.O: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning
V.O: why are you going to the US?
Me: For my PhD Studies
V.O: where?
Me: Told him
V.O: wow!...that's my state
Me: Really?
V.O: Yeah, it's a very good school, you'll enjoy the soccer...blah blah blah
V.O: So, who's gonna pay for your studies?
Me: I'm on a full scholarship
V.O: Really?
Me: Yeah,(so I gave him my offer letter from the department)...he read it
V.O: You mean the university gave you this? (Guess he was surprised at the enormousness of the assistantship)
Me: Yeah
V.O: Can I have your college transcripts?
Me: Sure, here they are....first gave him my BSc transcript, then he later asked for my MS transcript
(He was typing something which I cared less about)
V.O: Are you gonna enroll for any language program
Me: Nope, English is the official language in my country Nigeria and I have passed the English language requirement
V.O: Okay
V.O: Have you ever travelled to Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen etc (He asked because I'm presently in a Gulf country)
Me: Nah, Nah, Nah
V.O: Okay, this is your first time of going to the US?
V.O: Okay, I will approve your visa and it will be ready in 3 days, go to the back over there and pay for the delivery at the FedEx stand. The cost is an equivalent of 2,700 Naira.
Me: 3 days?
V.O: Yeah, 3 days
Me: Thank you
I was just singing in my heart as I left the Embassy with joy in my soul because now I know that DREAMS COME TRUE!!!
PhD admission and interview rock!Congratulations!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
Square65:
Okay, finally...

Were you able to save PDF on your phone? I tried to but couldn't save it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 8:12pm On Apr 29, 2013
Square65:
Okay, finally...

Thanks a lot, appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2013
Isobutylene: I was scheduled for the 8a.m interview on Sunday (yesterday) and got to the embassy around 7:05am cos it was a 15 minutes walking distance from my crib, behold I was the first to get there. Security check started at 7:30am before I entered the waiting room. After finger prints were taken I was asked to wait till I'll be called upon for the interview. I began muttering "Thou O Lord shall arise and have mercy upon me for the time to favor me, Yeah the set time has come". After like 10 minutes, I was the first to be called for the interview on counter No. 2.

V.O: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning
V.O: why are you going to the US?
Me: For my PhD Studies
V.O: where?
Me: Told him
V.O: wow!...that's my state
Me: Really?
V.O: Yeah, it's a very good school, you'll enjoy the soccer...blah blah blah
V.O: So, who's gonna pay for your studies?
Me: I'm on a full scholarship
V.O: Really?
Me: Yeah,(so I gave him my offer letter from the department)...he read it
V.O: You mean the university gave you this? (Guess he was surprised at the enormousness of the assistantship)
V.O: Can I have your college transcripts?
Me: Sure, here they are....first gave him my BSc transcript, then he later asked for my MS transcript
(He was typing something which I cared less about)
V.O: Are you gonna enroll for any language program
Me: Nope, English is the official language in my country Nigeria and I have passed the English language requirement
V.O: Okay
V.O: Have you ever travelled to Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen etc (He asked because I'm presently in a Gulf country)
Me: Nah, Nah, Nah
V.O: Okay, this is your first time of going to the US?
V.O: Okay, I will approve your visa and it will be ready in 3 days, go to the back over there and pay for the delivery at the FedEx stand. The cost is an equivalent of 2,700 Naira.
Me: 3 days?
V.O: Yeah, 3 days
Me: Thank you
I was just singing in my heart as I left the Embassy with joy in my soul because now I know that DREAMS COME TRUE!!!

Congratulobia!! Wish you all the best in your pursuit bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nitoksyahooco(m): 11:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
Hello house! Have been following this forum silently and I must commend your efforts at seeing that Nigerian youth remain relevant. God bLess you all. Pls I want to if sul Ross state university(Texas) is a good school to apply for admission at second degree level? Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 10:40am On Apr 30, 2013
cheesy cheesy Congrats isobutylene, really easy...more testimonies to come BGG!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:59am On Apr 30, 2013
Congrats Isobutylene. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2013
GboyegaD:

Were you able to save PDF on your phone? I tried to but couldn't save it.

I didn't try it, I did it on a pc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
Square65:

I didn't try it, I did it on a pc.

OK I see.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jaidor: 3:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
hello everyone... I really appreciate what you guys are doing here.
However, I need someone to please educate me further on this; 1.I am planning to apply for a conference in the US of A slated for January 2014 although I am currently a student in a Nigerian university but by then I would have been a graduate ( graduating by September this year) so my question is; is it possible for me to get a letter for my department ( as in attestation letter) regardless of the fact i will be already done with the dept then.

2. how would the letter from the school look like, should it be a in a letter headed format? then what would be the major contents of the letter? a sample will be highly appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sannywills: 4:17am On May 01, 2013
imperioux dis is sannywills i use to be in dis forum for my first time to u.s embassy for undergraduate.can an international apply for FASFA.PLEASE I WANT TO KNOW
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:13am On May 01, 2013
sannywills: imperioux dis is sannywills i use to be in dis forum for my first time to u.s embassy for undergraduate.can an international apply for FASFA.PLEASE I WANT TO KNOW

No, unless you're a permanent resident.

A student who can meet all of the following criteria may be eligible for aid:

1) MALES ONLY be registered with the Selective Service System (for Conscription in the United States) between the ages of 18 and 25
2) is a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national, or an eligible non-citizen;
3) has a valid Social Security number;
4) has a high school diploma or GED;
5) completes a FAFSA promising to use any federal aid for education purposes;
6) does not owe refunds on any federal student grants;
7) is not in default on any student loans; and
8 ) has not been found guilty of the sale or possession of illegal drugs while federal aid was being received.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 7:43am On May 01, 2013
hahahaha the VO is from abeokuta ogun state
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 7:46am On May 01, 2013
MES FELICITATIONS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kcluv2men(m): 8:44am On May 01, 2013
[i][/i][color=#770077][/color]hi guys, I really need ur help. I need a list of universities In the USA that require only just TOEFL and don't require a stressful process In getting their I-20 form.Thanks so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 10:19am On May 01, 2013
kcluv2men: [i][/i][color=#770077][/color]hi guys, I really need ur help. I need a list of universities In the USA that require only just TOEFL and don't require a stressful process In getting their I-20 form.Thanks so much

@Kcluv2men, y don't u Use google. Google is ur Friend. Go on google and make ur research on schools in US dt require only TOEFL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 11:35am On May 01, 2013
@kcluv2men
Devry
Everest
VIU
I can assure u these skuls will give u an i-20 without any standardize test since u dnt want any stressful process
Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 01, 2013
Hello, to the guys with experience , please i need your assistance with scheduling an interview date, all available dates from now till August seems to be taken and grayed out, and the start date of my course is August 1st, how can i go about requesting an emergency interview date without first getting a regular date as the criteria according to info from their site requests you to schedule a regular one before requesting for the emergency date.

Looking forward to hearing from whoever can be of assistance, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kcluv2men(m): 1:46pm On May 01, 2013
T
smithjanetstore: @kcluv2men
Devry
Everest
VIU
I can assure u these skuls will give u an i-20 without any standardize test since u dnt want any stressful process
Best of luck
Thanks ...I'll check em up asap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lolabunny90: 1:57pm On May 01, 2013
smokes: Hello, to the guys with experience , please i need your assistance with scheduling an interview date, all available dates from now till August seems to be taken and grayed out, and the start date of my course is August 1st, how can i go about requesting an emergency interview date without first getting a regular date as the criteria according to info from their site requests you to schedule a regular one before requesting for the emergency date.

Looking forward to hearing from whoever can be of assistance, thanks.

Really? All the dates are taken already?? Is that for Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 01, 2013
[quote author=lolabunny90]

Really? All the dates are taken already?? Is that for Lagos or Abuja?

@ lolabunny.I did check this morning found just 15th of this month open for lagos though abuja had some dates opened for may, am actually wanting a july date, so my question is, if a july date doesnt open, how do i get an emergency date for july without having first secured a regular one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:23pm On May 01, 2013
Devry
Everest
VIU
Best of luck

Haba! That isn't right.

kcluv2men: T
Thanks ...I'll check em up asap

Be warned, those schools will put your visa hope in state of endless stupefy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 01, 2013
@ imperiouxx since youve turned up first, was actually hoping you would, could you please assist on how i can go about scheduling my interview date for july seeing that theres currently none available.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:44pm On May 01, 2013
smokes: @ imperiouxx since youve turned up first, was actually hoping you would, could you please assist on how i can go about scheduling my interview date for july seeing that theres currently none available.

Hmmm, I do know how such is possible for me, except the embassy release those dates. Don't be surprised, the dates can be/will be available at any time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kellyemms: 2:52pm On May 01, 2013
Hello house members is it compulsory to do Gre for msc in usa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:57pm On May 01, 2013
kellyemms: Hello house members is it compulsory to do Gre for msc in usa

It's advised not compulsory.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Snazzygirl: 4:14pm On May 01, 2013
Devry
Everest
VIU
Best of luck

lmao .....o wicked gaaaaan. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 6:07pm On May 01, 2013
wicked gan kee he said he dsnt wnt any stressful process dats y, i observed him he is nt even ready to write standardize test at all so i gave him a quick option
Check the previous post verywell a guy was granted his visa nd its an i-20 4rm devry uni he might be lucky as well

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.