Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:39 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (490443 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jaidor: 11:01pm On May 02, 2013
Snazzygirl:
This ur question sef! u r d only person that can say if ur department will give u a letter because it is ur department. In my opinion and from experience, ur chances are pretty slim. The fact that u are about to graduate isn't in ur favor. The first thing the v.o will think is you are trying to get out of naija by any means necessary. Anywayz,if u can spare the money and time, u can try ur luck. Whatz d conference about? if it really makes sense, it might work in ur favor. Goodluck!

Thanks...the conference is about chemistry (spectrophotometry to be precise). Anyway I guess i'll have to consider other alternatives if it did'nt work out. I am considering to apply for a PRE-MASTERS program buh don't know if getting visa with that is feasible in naija US embassy unlike maters program. what do you think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 02, 2013
fittty:

Lol cheesy

What ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Confirmvisa: 11:13pm On May 02, 2013
bigfrancis21:

The bolded above is the main cause of your denial. You applied to a poorly rated university which tipped off quickly to the visa officer that you're not serious about studying. I ran a quick check-up on the school and the specifics are not looking good. I'll quickly quote here what I saw:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_InterContinental_University

1) You applied to a university where over 80% of its students take classes over the internet?

On the introductory page of wikipedia,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For-profit_university

2) This is a for-profit university that is owned by private individuals and run the school like a business for the purposes of profit-making. The school is not an education-oriented school. And this quickly sent bad signals to the visa officer.

3) Third, this is an open-admissions university where unselective and non-competitive college admissions are made in which the only criterion for entrance is a high school diploma or a General Educational Development (GED) certificate.[1]
For real?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_admissions

These are why the VO didn't bother even asking for extra documents from you after having heard the name of the school. Believe me, the VOs know a great deal about the educational institutions in their country.

My brother/sister, the best thing for you to do is to find better education-oriented schools, apply to them and go for your visa interview again. Else if you keep going back to the embassy again and again with this same school, you're likely to get denied with the same measure.

I'm not sure you went through this thread before applying or going for your interview if not you would have avoided this mistake you made. This school is in the same league as Devry, VIU and Everest which all guarantee automatic denial in most interview cases.

keep quiet let others reply. I have 2 friends in the school right now as we speak. Tell me how did they get admission as students of aiu. You just wake up and start saying any crap you like as if I directed my question to your moniker. I asked gurus for correction of my interview and you started saying hopelezz crap about the school and telling others inconsistency is their problem. Where you there with them? Why not recommend your own school

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Confirmvisa: 11:15pm On May 02, 2013
Allohrandy: I don't really know why you was denied visa but you should wait for a while before reapplying because this is your 2nd denial this year. it's very difficult( tho it's possible) to get a visa after the 2nd denial, so you should wait for a while before applying again. You should also try other countries like Canada

Thanks its for US visa. I was deny last year and today for different schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ivory23456(f): 11:19pm On May 02, 2013
fittty:

Your narration isn't complete.
-What course did you apply
-What reasons did you give for choosing the school.
- Where did you state you work and what type of business does your family do?

Okay, this is another side to it.
I didn't say at the interview what kind of business we do, I just said after my nysc prog I joined the family business. I didn't explain my job role or any of the sort.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Rickywowoz: 11:37pm On May 02, 2013
Confirmvisa:

keep quiet let others reply. I have 2 friends in the school right now as we speak. Tell me how did they get admission as students of aiu. You just wake up and start saying any crap you like as if I directed my question to your moniker. I asked gurus for correction of my interview and you started saying hopelezz crap about the school and telling others inconsistency is their problem. Where you there with them? Why not recommend your own school
This is very bad,he was trying to help man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 11:41pm On May 02, 2013
Confirmvisa:

Take it easy man, if you continue like this you may not get a response to your questions. That is his own opinion from the angle he sees it from. if you're not ok with it then wait for other people to say their own. But your reply is not welcoming at all and i'm afraid if people get other things to say they may want to tell you what you want to hear not the right thing. If it works for your friends those not mean it will work for you. ( i mean no harm bro.)

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 11:45pm On May 02, 2013
ivory23456:

Okay, this is another side to it.
I didn't say at the interview what kind of business we do, I just said after my nysc prog I joined the family business. I didn't explain my job role or any of the sort.

i'm happy you're seeing your shortcomings now. i think is very important to state the nature of the business, your position and the role you play or your responsibility in the company. Pls note that for the next interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Confirmvisa: 11:50pm On May 02, 2013
Kunsoft:

Take it easy man, if you continue like this you may not get a response to your questions. That is his own opinion from the angle he sees it from. if you're not ok with it then wait for other people to say their own. But your reply is not welcoming at all and i'm afraid if people get other things to say they may want to tell you what you want to hear not the right thing. If it works for your friends those not mean it will work for you. ( i mean no harm bro.)

Thanks

Thanks man respect. I just ask him to keep quiet that's all. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 12:09am On May 03, 2013
Confirmvisa:

This is uncalled for. Haba! I see you're new here. You asked for experts help. If you've gone through this thread properly you'll realize one of the well know expert(Bigfrancis21) is who answered you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 12:13am On May 03, 2013
Allohrandy: you should contact your bank..I think they will be in a better position to advice you.

Thanks bro, I contacted them yesterday. I will be especting their response today... Cheers man...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 12:18am On May 03, 2013
bigfrancis21:

What card was that? GTB? If GTB it should have worked. I used same to pay my application fees all through. Why can't you pay by yourself from down here in Nigeria since you said you've used it severally and it worked for you?

If in the end paying online doesn't work, then you might have to pay via a money order.
Allohrandy: you should contact your bank..I think they will be in a better position to advice you.

@Bigfrancis, thank you so much for your kind response.. It is a FirstBank Mastercard... I don't have a GTB mastercard.. Do you know of any verification code for FirstBank mastercard?

And also, how can I pay through a money order. Is it all schools that accept payment through money order..

Thanks man...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 12:26am On May 03, 2013
Confirmvisa:

Hey bro, I'm highly dissapointed at you. Bigfrancis was just trying to help. I don't knw why people are so ungrateful. He was just offering his suggestion and the best you could do is insult him. This is too bad.

If you continue like dis then I'm sorry you won't go far in life. You won't even get help. People like you are people after getting their Visas you won't even come bck to appreciate the gurus that contibuted to your visa success, you will just vanish out of nairaland for good.

Change your attitude man. Try to be nice to everyone because u never can say who will help you in life.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 12:34am On May 03, 2013
fittty:

Did you tell them its a DEBIT card and not a CREDIT card? Because that's could have been the issue when they were about to deduct their fees.

@Fitty, thank you so much for your response. I actually thought ATM cards are DEBIT cards and Mastercard or VISA card are credit cards..

I don't undastand anymore because I'm confused. The school said I should send my credit card verification code..

And I intend sending it to them as quickly as possible so they can make a Final decision on my application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 12:38am On May 03, 2013
bigfrancis21:

What card was that? GTB? If GTB it should have worked. I used same to pay my application fees all through. Why can't you pay by yourself from down here in Nigeria since you said you've used it severally and it worked for you?

If in the end paying online doesn't work, then you might have to pay via a money order.

@Bigfrancis, thank you so much for your kind
response.. It is a FirstBank Mastercard... I don't have a GTB mastercard..

Do you know of any verification code for FirstBank mastercard?

And also, how can I pay through a money
order?. Is it all schools that accept payment
through money order because the school is telling me to provide a Credit card verification code

Thanks man...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:09am On May 03, 2013
Confirmvisa:

Nah, nah.... This is very wrong of you. Haba! We're all here to advise one another. Final semester exam is next week in most schools, so studying has reached the brim. No one has time to come here to give timely answer. You should embrace anyone that replied you in this hard time and never shun them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by djunit1(m): 1:19am On May 03, 2013
Confirmvisa:

Thanks its for US visa. I was deny denied last year and today for different schools.

I read a couple of posts where you were blasting people. You have no right to blast anyone. Especially if you do not know when to use past and present tense.

Everyone else, in as much as I support criticism, I believe this can be done without sounding too hostile.

I hail the house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kcluv2men(m): 1:26am On May 03, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Send an email to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you'll get an immediate email response containing the download links for TOEFL, plus GRE and GMAT.

Done
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 1:50am On May 03, 2013
djunit1:

I read a couple of posts where you were blasting people. You have no right to blast anyone. Especially if you do not know when to use past and present tense.

Everyone else, in as much as I support criticism, I believe this can be done without sounding too hostile.

I hail the house

Good one brother, PLS I BELIEVE HAS Realized HIS MISTAKE now is time to move forward. No Body is Perfect and its obvious that his reaction is not new to us because we've had several people that acted that same way and they still scale through the huddles and are enjoying Obamaland now. In a nut shell Lets move forward.

Thanks House.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:02am On May 03, 2013
Confirmvisa:

Since you know what you want then why ask questions? Your introduction alone was pissing yet, someone took his time to research and respond and because it isn't what you want to hear/read, you turned it to insult. If it doesn't soothe you, pretend as though you never read it and move on.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Confirmvisa: 2:15am On May 03, 2013
Pls house lets move forward.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Snazzygirl: 3:16am On May 03, 2013
jaidor:

Thanks...the conference is about chemistry (spectrophotometry to be precise). Anyway I guess i'll have to consider other alternatives if it did'nt work out. I am considering to apply for a PRE-MASTERS program buh don't know if getting visa with that is feasible in naija US embassy unlike maters program. what do you think?
@Jaidor, wish u all d best with the conference thingy. I have a friend that got a visa with I-20 from a Pre-masters program. Just pick a good program and be able to defend why u want to do pre-masters, and ur move after the program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:18am On May 03, 2013
Gudmorning everyone,I wanted to ask,if one was denied a student visa here in lagos is it advisable to go to abuja for the seccond interview?the person was denied december and wants to apply this may again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lalla89: 8:42am On May 03, 2013
mr swagger:

@Bigfrancis, thank you so much for your kind response.. It is a FirstBank Mastercard... I don't have a GTB mastercard.. Do you know of any verification code for FirstBank mastercard?

And also, how can I pay through a money order. Is it all schools that accept payment through money order..

Thanks man...
the verification code is at the back of ur card turn ur mastercard you will see a seven digit ,four at d 1st and 3 and at d last .leave the first four digits and take the last three. That last three digit is ur mastercard verification code
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 8:44am On May 03, 2013
Confirmvisa:

Thanks man respect. I just ask him to keep quiet that's all. Cheers

Why would you ask him to keep quiet? He looked into your case, researched your school and gave you his opinion as bluntly and unbiased as he could, and what does he get? You better arrange yourself. If I were you, i'ld redact my first response to his reply and tender an unreserved apology penitently.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lalla89: 8:59am On May 03, 2013
hello house ,anyone have idea on stony brook university

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.