Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,167 members, 7,880,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:33 PM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (65255 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by AZeD1(m): 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Stop displaying your ignorance. The blood in a person comes from the father and never from the mother. The key to your blood comes from your father. Mary was just a carrier. That is why a baby does not receive blood through the placenta of a woman ( this explains why a woman can have HIV and the unborn baby wouldnt have) the Make-up of the blood is already present in the DNA which comes from the man. Jesus had no DNA transmission from Mary. This is what you catholics cannot understand. Jesus came as the son of God right from birth. A man on a mission and Mary was not part of the mission. Mary would become part of the mission after the outpouring of the holy spirit in the upper room (because she was also there along with the brothers of Christ) She needed power just like everyone else and she was also sent by Christ when he said "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel"

I will pray for you.
But Elizabeth under the influence of the holy spirit called Mary the mother of God.
What do you say to that?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
lucenzo: I think it's high time I created a thread about Mary and her importance in todays world...would do so in my spae time.
Good.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: we created the Church. we have nothing to learn from you guys, sorry all you have you copied/took it from us undecided undecided lipsrsealed.

see why i said you are ignorant? God created and owns the church. Church means the gathering of believers which translates to the body of Christ. I guess it was the catholic church that died for my sins. Your pope needs to repent and accept Jesus Christ as hid Lord and saviour for there is no other name given unto man wherein one shall be saved except the name of Jesus. You can take your catholic beliefs and walk in the opposite direction.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Stop displaying your ignorance. The blood in a person comes from the father and never from the mother. The key to your blood comes from your father. Mary was just a carrier. That is why a baby does not receive blood through the placenta of a woman ( this explains why a woman can have HIV and the unborn baby wouldnt have) the Make-up of the blood is already present in the DNA which comes from the man. Jesus had no DNA transmission from Mary. This is what you catholics cannot understand. Jesus came as the son of God right from birth. A man on a mission and Mary was not part of the mission. Mary would become part of the mission after the outpouring of the holy spirit in the upper room (because she was also there along with the brothers of Christ) She needed power just like everyone else and she was also sent by Christ when he said "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel"

I will pray for you.

you are really lost. and you call yourself woman?

Mary's Divine motherhood is based on the teaching of the Gospels, on the writings of the Fathers, and on the express definition of the Church. St. Matthew (1:25) testifies that Mary "brought forth her first-born son" and that He was called Jesus. According to St. John (1:15) Jesus is the Word made flesh, the Word Who assumed human nature in the womb of Mary. As Mary was truly the mother of Jesus, and as Jesus was truly God from the first moment of His conception, Mary is truly the mother of God. Even the earliest Fathers did not hesitate to draw this conclusion as may be seen in the writings of St. Ignatius [72], St. Irenaeus [73], and Tertullian [74]. The contention of Nestorius denying to Mary the title "Mother of God" [75] was followed by the teaching of the Council of Ephesus proclaiming Mary to be Theotokos in the true sense of the word.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by mimiejacobz(f): 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ghostface_killa: Actually nothing happens IN JESUS NAME as well......smh
u dnt even believe in any so shut up,we'll all knw d true worhippers of God @ d end buh one tin i believe is that therez power in the name of Jesus even d devil knws dt n bows to dt authority
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Stop displaying your ignorance. The blood in a person comes from the father and never from the mother. The key to your blood comes from your father. [b]Mary was just a carrier. That is why a baby does not receive blood through the placenta of a woman ( this explains why a woman can have HIV and the unborn baby wouldnt have) the Make-up of the blood is already present in the DNA which comes from the man. Jesus had no DNA transmission from Mary. This is what you catholics cannot understand. Jesus came as the son of God right from birth. A man on a mission and Mary was not part of the mission. Mary would become part of the mission after the outpouring of the holy spirit in the upper room (because she was also there along with the brothers of Christ) She needed power just like everyone else and she was also sent by Christ when he said "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel"

I will pray for you.[/b]
why your mama no born Jesus?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Aksonman: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2013
And to all u ignorant mugus that claim Mary had other children. In the bible at the cross just before he died,why did Jesus hand Mary over to John-"Woman,behold thy son, son behold thy mother" ?
Let's even go back to biblical accounts of when Jesus was 12yrs old and his parents went looking for him in the temple...did the bible make any mention of Mary carrying any other baby or toodler with her? Surely,if Jesus had direct brothers or sisters they would have been born by the time Jesus was 12yrs old?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2013
ikekings: No he didn't write those... But they were written by the apostles.... I would rather say that the catholics compiled it...
And the catholic church started with the apostles, with st.peter as our 1st pope.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
xynerise:
Good.
tell ur wife to complete her dairies abeg.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
CATHOLIC FOR LIFE
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by clever5680: 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
[quote
author=Acidosis]
even in an emergency?
Like confronting a demon possess individual¿.. Don't you think the demon
would disgrace one before She (Mary) deliver the message to the saviour
(Jesus)?[/quote]

Do u tink God is moved by ur so call emergencies, shouting, cryin, tears or even so called speakin in tongs. in all dis God is not moved
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
gree-die:
Im catholic.... we do not pray to mary or in her name.

now where in the bible was it recorded dat mary died? or u think it was mistakenly omitted?

I don't get it, u don't believe mary can intercede, but i do... why not live and let live... i ain't questioning ur belief so why question mine?

why do u peeps keep opening thread abt the mother of Jesus wen ur aim isn't to learn but to ridicule?

Im keeping my knowledge to myself, thanks.

Pls, can u point to any bible verse were xtians are instructed to pray through mary to intercede on our behalf? Pls do share these knowledge rather than digressing from a simple question been asked by the OP
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
naijadeyhia:

see why i said you are ignorant? God created and owns the church. Church means the gathering of believers which translates to the body of Christ. I guess it was the catholic church that died for my sins. Your pope needs to repent and accept Jesus Christ as hid Lord and saviour for there is no other name given unto man wherein one shall be saved except the name of Jesus. You can take your catholic beliefs and walk in the opposite direction.
Am afraid that Church God created is not what we are seeing today. E remain make some churches carry ''PLC''
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
Akson man: And to all u ignorant mugus that claim Mary had other children. In the bible at the cross just before he died,why did Jesus hand Mary over to John-"Woman,behold thy son, son behold thy mother" ?
Let's even go back to biblical accounts of when Jesus was 12yrs old and his parents went looking for him in the temple...did the bible make any mention of Mary carrying any other baby or toodler with her? Surely,if Jesus had direct brothers or sisters they would have been born by the time Jesus was 12yrs old?

This is the rubbish people say when they follow a priest instead of following Christ.

Yes Mary had other children.

Matthew 12:46-47 - "While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. And someone said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You."

Matthew 13:55 - "Is not this the carpenters son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?"
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
byrron:

Pls, can u point to any bible verse were xtians are instructed to pray through mary to intercede on our behalf? Pls do share these knowledge rather than digressing from a simple question been asked by the OP
Where in the bible did Mary die?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
Believe me if mary didnt believe in JESUS she would have gone to hell(as she had to fight for her own salvation) but she believed and fellowship with the brethren(read acts 1:14) it wasnt even stated that she led prayers. She wasnt even the first to see JESUS, Mary magdalene was. On the cross JESUS said to john to behold his mother mary and mary same to her son john. Was there a place in the Bible where JESUS called mary mother? Please let me know. Indeed the Bible is right to have said 'My people perish for lack of knowledge'. How do you gain knowledge in the WORD OF GOD if you dont read your Bible and beg the HOLY SPIRIT Of the HOLY GOD to explain to you. Just read your bible my people and beg GOD to please open your hearts to understanding the scriptures his own way. Hell is real! I dont know or i wasnt convinced enough is not an excuse. GOD help us all in JESUS CHRIST Name. AMEN
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by jmoore(m): 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
blood of Jesus or blood of mary.

Please show me which verse where we were told to pray to Mary, show me and collect 1 million naira

Some folks are too lazy to read the bible hence their ignorance.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Youngzedd(m): 2:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
xynerise:
Na one greedy man start am

Anglican started during King Henry VIII because of divorce issue. Google it out for more
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

you are really lost. and you call yourself woman?

Mary's Divine motherhood is based on the teaching of the Gospels, on the writings of the Fathers, and on the express definition of the Church. St. Matthew (1:25) testifies that Mary "brought forth her first-born son" and that He was called Jesus. According to St. John (1:15) Jesus is the Word made flesh, the Word Who assumed human nature in the womb of Mary. As Mary was truly the mother of Jesus, and as Jesus was truly God from the first moment of His conception, Mary is truly the mother of God. Even the earliest Fathers did not hesitate to draw this conclusion as may be seen in the writings of St. Ignatius [72], St. Irenaeus [73], and Tertullian [74]. The contention of Nestorius denying to Mary the title "Mother of God" [75] was followed by the teaching of the Council of Ephesus proclaiming Mary to be Theotokos in the true sense of the word.

At the bolded. Ignorance is on overdrive in you obviously.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 2:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Most nairalanders here are not upto 30years yet they are bold enough to insult a church that have existed for over 2000 years. A church that have conquered many hard times, including anti popes(popes that wanted to destroy the catholic church)

The Devil is older than the catholic church; yet we have all authority over him

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Matthew 16:18

Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means 'rock'), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it

before insulting the catholic church, open a book and see how Christians were treated back then? the Catholic church is the essence of Christianity. 2000yo.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
frosbel:

This is the rubbish people say when they follow a priest instead of following Christ.

Yes Mary had other children.

Matthew 12:46-47 - "While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. And someone said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You."

Matthew 13:55 - "Is not this the carpenters son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?"
Cousin no dey Hebrew dictionary, Antelope.

Brother and sister are general terms for relatives
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2013
Youngzedd:

Anglican started during King Henry VIII because of divorce issue. Google it out for more
Thanks for the info.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2013
Believe me if mary didnt believe in JESUS she would have gone to hell(as she had to fight for her own salvation) but she believed and fellowship with the brethren(read acts 1:14) it wasnt even stated that she led prayers. She wasnt even the first to see JESUS, Mary magdalene was. On the cross, JESUS said, to john to behold his mother mary and mary same to her son john. Was there a place in the Bible where JESUS called mary mother? Please let me know. Mary was not even a virgin. She was only a virgin during the conception of our LORD and Saviour JESUS CHRIST. After that period hmmm she had sweet sex. Indeed the Bible is right to have said 'My people perish for lack of knowledge'. How do you gain knowledge in the WORD OF GOD if you dont read your Bible and beg the HOLY SPIRIT Of the HOLY GOD to explain to u? Just read your bible my people and beg GOD to please open your hearts to understanding the scriptures his own way. Hell is real! I dont know or i wasnt convinced enough is not an excuse. GOD help us all in JESUS CHRIST Name. AMEN
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2013
funny how ministries(one church exist) that have not lasted more one decade are bold enough to insult a church that have lasted for over 2000 yrs and have conquered many hard times including anti popes(popes that wanted to destroy catholic church)
Frosbel I'm yet to understand your grudge with the catholic church. Maybe you were one of those seminarians the church expeled beccause of your sodomism. Repent bro and stop shagg1ng boys.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2013
frosbel:

what a hollow excuse for idolatry !!
Lolz... I like dis brah.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 14, 2013
lucenzo: Frosbel I yet to understand your grudge with the catholic church. Maybe you were one of those seminarians the church expel beccause of your sodomism. Repent bro and stop shagging boys.

your priests and bishops are more familiar with sodomy.

smiley
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
xynerise:
Cousin no dey Hebrew dictionary, Antelope.

Brother and sister are general terms for relatives

LIE from the Vatican.

smiley
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
lucenzo: why your mama no born Jesus?
Why ya own mama no born am?? undecided
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
naijadeyhia:

I will pray for you.
this is very silly, go back to your biology class and learn that a child blood is from both parents
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
jmoore: blood of Jesus or blood of mary.

Please show me which verse where we were told to pray to Mary, show me and collect 1 million naira

Some folks are too lazy to read the bible hence their ignorance.
show me which verse where we told to make the sign of cross. dumb azz

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (62) (Reply)

Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Staunch Catholic Couple's Pre-Wedding Pictures / Oyakhilome's Christ Embassy Church On Fire In Lagos(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.