Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,681 members, 7,921,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:39 AM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (65672 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2013
Kaycee7: How does one leave the road and wander in the bushes? May the Blessed Virgin guide you back home.

Just imagine this statement!

When did mary become a soul winner even in death?

And how's she still a virgin after popping 3-5 kids for Joseph?

BTW, have you ever read your bible on your own before?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Agimor(m): 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2013
My fellow Catholics I think the Protestant needs enlightenment, but if they are not contented with these, then know that they need to be forgotten and let them perish in their ignorance. When you go into a Catholic
Church and you see a big, splendid statue of Mary with flowers in front of it, a bank
of candles lit before it and an old
woman kneeling down, fervently
praying her rosary it would seem
to be what it looks like: the
woman is worshipping a statue of Mary. But if you ask the old woman if she is worshipping Mary she’d say “Whataryatalkinabout?, I’m
praying the rosary.” So what is going on? First we have to
define “worship”. From time
immemorial worship was
identified with a particular action: the action of
sacrifice. Pagans worshipped
their gods by making sacrifices to
them. The Jews worshipped by
making sacrifice to Jahweh. The reason we moderns get confused
about worship is that we’ve
forgotten the principle of sacrifice so we don’t
really know what worship is all
about. This is understandable
from Protestants because they got worried about the sacrifice thing 500 years ago and threw it out. What is most depressing is that most Catholics also don’t understand the “sacrifice is
worship” idea either. They’ve
been told the Mass is all about “the family of God gathering around the table of fellowship to increase their mutual self esteem and discuss peace and justice
issues.” Because of this nonsense
the majority of Catholics don’t have a clue what the sacrifice business is all about, and therefore they don’t
know what worship is supposed to be about either. Like the neo-Prots that they are they have come to think that worship
is all about hearing a sermon,
singing some songs and praying. Now we’re getting down to the reason why Protestants think Catholics worship Mary. They think worship and prayer are the same thing.Therefore, if you are praying to Mary you must be
worshipping Mary. Well, the Catholic faith has been
around for a long time, and
believe it or not, these questions have been asked before, and the Catholics have the answer. It goes like this: there are three categories of respect due in
the realm of worship. They go by
specific names: Latria, Dulia and
Hyperdulia.Latria is worship. It is the worship that is due only to God. This worship consists of offering God our lives,our
souls, our minds and our bodies
as a living sacrifice (Romans. 12. 1-2)We do this pre-eminently through the sacrifice of the Mass. Dulia is not worship. It is honor. We honor anyone who is eminent
and accomplished. We honor them for their brains, their discipline, their wit,their achievement. We honor our
parents and grandparents because we owe them that. We honor our loved ones.
Part of this honor is that we ask
them for things. We come to them with our needs. We look up to them. We respect them. They are our role models and mentors. We have a relationship to them of subservient honor . they are
awesome to us. Dulia is also what we give to the saints and angels. We give them the honor that is due to them. As part of this we have a relationship with
them. We ask them for things.
This is called “praying to the
saints.”Hyperdulia is the honor we give to the Virgin Mary. We give her the highest honor because she is unique amongst
all God’s creation. She is higher
than the cherubim and seraphim. She is the only created being who was honored by God so greatly that his son took his
flesh from her. She has totally
unique place of honor in heaven and therefore also amongst all of
God’s people on earth. The honor we give her, therefore, and the dulia we give her is higher than any other being. But
it is not latria. We’re clear about
that.We do not worship Mary. The sign of this is that we do not make sacrifice to her. You don’t find any Catholic priest offering a Mass to Mary. Not The sacrifice of the Mass is offered to
God the Almighty Father. This also should be understood
clearly: the dulia and hyperdulia
which we give to Mary and the saints is ultimately honor given to God. We honor the saints (including theBlessed Mother) not for who they are,but for who God made them to
be. We honor in them the completed work of grace. We honor in them their faithful obedience, which itself is
a gift from God. The Blessed Virgin says, “the Almighty has done great things for me!” We honor Mary and the saints
because we are struck with
delight and awe at the wonderful things God has done for them. As the moon reflects the sun, so the Virgin and
saints reflect the light of Christ.
Without him they are nothing. With him they have become divinized–sons and daughters of the Almighty Father.
Finally, we insist that it is proper
devotion to the Blessed Virgin
Mary which corrects all the other
errors. Do you think it is a coincidence that as
neo-Protestantism has grown in
the Catholic Church that Marian
devotion has been marginalized,
limited sometimes even banned orprohibited? When Marian
devotion plays its proper part in the life of the Church we also start to realize what real worship is, and how important the sacrifice of the Mass is to
everything else. This is why, despite misunderstandings we come back time and again to thank God for Mary and to honor her as the great estate of all
created beings.I hope this will eventually clear the air.

4 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Agimor(m): 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2013
My fellow Catholics I think the Protestant needs enlightenment, but if they are not contented with these, then know that they need to be forgotten and let them perish in their ignorance. When you go into a Catholic
Church and you see a big, splendid statue of Mary with flowers in front of it, a bank
of candles lit before it and an old
woman kneeling down, fervently
praying her rosary it would seem
to be what it looks like: the
woman is worshipping a statue of Mary. But if you ask the old woman if she is worshipping Mary she’d say “Whataryatalkinabout?, I’m
praying the rosary.” So what is going on? First we have to
define “worship”. From time
immemorial worship was
identified with a particular action: the action of
sacrifice. Pagans worshipped
their gods by making sacrifices to
them. The Jews worshipped by
making sacrifice to Jahweh. The reason we moderns get confused
about worship is that we’ve
forgotten the principle of sacrifice so we don’t
really know what worship is all
about. This is understandable
from Protestants because they got worried about the sacrifice thing 500 years ago and threw it out. What is most depressing is that most Catholics also don’t understand the “sacrifice is
worship” idea either. They’ve
been told the Mass is all about “the family of God gathering around the table of fellowship to increase their mutual self esteem and discuss peace and justice
issues.” Because of this nonsense
the majority of Catholics don’t have a clue what the sacrifice business is all about, and therefore they don’t
know what worship is supposed to be about either. Like the neo-Prots that they are they have come to think that worship
is all about hearing a sermon,
singing some songs and praying. Now we’re getting down to the reason why Protestants think Catholics worship Mary. They think worship and prayer are the same thing.Therefore, if you are praying to Mary you must be
worshipping Mary. Well, the Catholic faith has been
around for a long time, and
believe it or not, these questions have been asked before, and the Catholics have the answer. It goes like this: there are three categories of respect due in
the realm of worship. They go by
specific names: Latria, Dulia and
Hyperdulia.Latria is worship. It is the worship that is due only to God. This worship consists of offering God our lives,our
souls, our minds and our bodies
as a living sacrifice (Romans. 12. 1-2)We do this pre-eminently through the sacrifice of the Mass. Dulia is not worship. It is honor. We honor anyone who is eminent
and accomplished. We honor them for their brains, their discipline, their wit,their achievement. We honor our
parents and grandparents because we owe them that. We honor our loved ones.
Part of this honor is that we ask
them for things. We come to them with our needs. We look up to them. We respect them. They are our role models and mentors. We have a relationship to them of subservient honor . they are
awesome to us. Dulia is also what we give to the saints and angels. We give them the honor that is due to them. As part of this we have a relationship with
them. We ask them for things.
This is called “praying to the
saints.”Hyperdulia is the honor we give to the Virgin Mary. We give her the highest honor because she is unique amongst
all God’s creation. She is higher
than the cherubim and seraphim. She is the only created being who was honored by God so greatly that his son took his
flesh from her. She has totally
unique place of honor in heaven and therefore also amongst all of
God’s people on earth. The honor we give her, therefore, and the dulia we give her is higher than any other being. But
it is not latria. We’re clear about
that.We do not worship Mary. The sign of this is that we do not make sacrifice to her. You don’t find any Catholic priest offering a Mass to Mary. Not The sacrifice of the Mass is offered to
God the Almighty Father. This also should be understood
clearly: the dulia and hyperdulia
which we give to Mary and the saints is ultimately honor given to God. We honor the saints (including theBlessed Mother) not for who they are,but for who God made them to
be. We honor in them the completed work of grace. We honor in them their faithful obedience, which itself is
a gift from God. The Blessed Virgin says, “the Almighty has done great things for me!” We honor Mary and the saints
because we are struck with
delight and awe at the wonderful things God has done for them. As the moon reflects the sun, so the Virgin and
saints reflect the light of Christ.
Without him they are nothing. With him they have become divinized–sons and daughters of the Almighty Father.
Finally, we insist that it is proper
devotion to the Blessed Virgin
Mary which corrects all the other
errors. Do you think it is a coincidence that as
neo-Protestantism has grown in
the Catholic Church that Marian
devotion has been marginalized,
limited sometimes even banned orprohibited? When Marian
devotion plays its proper part in the life of the Church we also start to realize what real worship is, and how important the sacrifice of the Mass is to
everything else. This is why, despite misunderstandings we come back time and again to thank God for Mary and to honor her as the great estate of all
created beings.I hope this will eventually clear the air.

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2013
nwabuife: How old are you? you ask a question a ten year old child will ask! In ibo language there s notthing like cousin, u refer to ur cousins as''nwanne'' as in brother so d jewish and most languages

The portion of the bible you seem to be focusing on was written in greek and in greek the word cousin exists and so does the word brother or sister. Clearly in portions of the bible the description "cousin" and brother were clearly differentiated
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 14, 2013
Im just tired of this people. The devil has blinded them with their false humility and worship of mary(imagine of all people sef) they even call her a virgin(some body who later had other children through sex o!) @kaycee you need serious help. And was it recorded that JESUS said 'my mother'? You lack wisdom of the HOLY and true GOD.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 14, 2013
Inasmuch as I hate to say this, I hate Catholic!

Some norms there aren't something one have to pay a healthy attention.

Do I actually have to plead with Mary to do some interceding for me? WTF does she know about me?

Xtians should establish a defined personal relationship with God, no third party! angry

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
nwabuife: How old are you? you ask a question a ten year old child will ask! In ibo language there s notthing like cousin, u refer to ur cousins as''nwanne'' as in brother so d jewish and most languages

And u are so old yet u cldnt make sense nor counter what I wrote! No wonder metuselah was the oldest man recorded in d bible but wisdom was credited to young king solomon! Brainless old man! Now go back to my post and respond logically by countering me with superior facts or logic but if u are not capable of any of these options then u can quietly ignore me and pretend u didn't see this response from me!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Kaycee7(m): 8:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
I desperately plead for the closure of this thread before the Wrath of GOD descends on some people.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Olabode05: 8:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
Let me tell u catholics replying these protestants. That u are just wasting your time as their name implies they will always protest against the catholic church founded by jesus so please stop wasting your time they are born to protest.ave maria.

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by babestell(f): 8:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
Can this end already?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Twista0(m): 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
On d last day, only true believers shall be raptured
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by MacOscar(m): 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
The Blessed Virgin Mary(BVM) is acknowledged and honoured as being truly the Mother of God and of the redeemer... 'She's clearly the Mother of the members of Christ' since she has by her charity joined in bringing about the birth of believers in the church, who are members of its head. BVM's role in the church is inseparable from her union with Christ and flows directly from it. This union of the mother with the Son in the work of salvation is made manifest from the time of Christ's virginal conception up to his death. It is made manifest above all at the hour of his Passion.
She's Our Mother in the order of grace- by her complete adherence to the Father's will, to His Son's redemptive work, and to every prompting of the Holy Spirit, the BVM is the Church's model of Faith, Charity and Chastity. Thus she is a "pre-eminent and wholly unique member of the Church";indeed, she's the "exemplary realisation"(typus) of the Church.
Read up: Luke 1:26-80.
I & My Family Will Always Honour My Loving Mother, The Blessed Virgin Mary!
May God Bless You, Brothers!

Sir Mac Oscar, Esq. LL.B,(Hons)B.L,LL.M,BA,(KSM).

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 8:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
Kaycee7: I desperately plead for the closure of this thread before the Wrath of GOD descends on some people.

Childish.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by fridayman1: 8:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
WORSHIP OF THE VIRGIN MARY HAS A JESUIT BASIS AND IS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO UNDERGIRD ROMAN CATHOLIC EDUCATION
If you have children in Roman Catholic schools for any reason, you need to understand what they are being taught and the Mysticism to which they are being subjected.
The New World Order is coming! Are you ready? Once you understand what this New World Order really is, and how it is being gradually implemented, you will be able to see it progressing in your daily news!!
Learn how to protect yourself, your loved ones!
Stand by for insights so startling you will never look at the news the same way again.
YOU ARE NOW ON
THE CUTTING EDGE
WORSHIP OF THE VIRGIN MARY -- A Jesuit Foundation
Mary worship was one of the last false doctrines of Catholicism from which I had to be delivered. From the moment I entered St. Paul’s grade school, I was indoctrinated into the cult of Mary. For the next eight years of Catholic schooling, I would be taught daily prayers to Mary (morning, twice at noon and at the end of the school day). I would be taught songs that glorified Mary and learn the use of rosaries, scapulars, candles, incense and image worship. I can honestly say that I was "saturated" with Mary worship.
At age six, I had no idea that the masters of mysticism were about to brainwash me or that the same methods used on me would be used on millions of other Catholic children around the world. These masters of mysticism are none other than the Jesuits, the master minds behind Catholic education.
The Jesuits, founded by Ignatius Loyola (himself a mystic given to visions of Mary, often flagellating and cutting himself), are, in the words of Catholic theologian J.Huber (a professor in Munich) in his publication Les Jesuites (1875): "A mixture of piety and diplomacy, asceticism and worldly wisdom, mysticism and cold calculation: as was Loyola’s character, so is the trademark of this Order" ("Secret History of the Jesuits, Edmund Paris, 19).
It is not my purpose to go into the history of the Jesuits, their moral depravity or their numerous crimes against humanity all done "to the glory of God", but more so their teachings, of whom I was a student.
"It is not a Jesuit of old, but a contemporary one who writes: ‘He (the Jesuit) will not forget that the characteristic virtue of the Company is total obedience of the action, the will, and even the judgment...All the superiors will be bound in the same way to higher ones and the Father General to the Holy Father...It was so arranged as to render the Holy See’s authority universally efficacious, and saint Ignatius was sure that teaching and education would henceforth bring back to Catholic unity a Europe torn apart.’ It is with the hope of ‘reforming the world’, wrote Father Bonhours, ‘that he particularly embraced this means: the instruction of youth...’ The education of Paraguay’s natives was done on the same principles the Fathers used to apply, now apply and will apply on everyone and everywhere; their aim, deplored by Mr. Boehmer, but which is ideal to the eyes of those fanatics: the renouncement of all personal judgement, all initiative, a blind submission to the superiors. Is it not that ‘height of freedom’, ‘the liberation from one’s own bondage’ praised by R.P. Rouquette, which we mentioned earlier on? In fact, the good Guaranis [savages] had been ‘liberated’ so well by the Jesuitical method for more than one hundred and fifty years that, when their masters left during the 18th century, they went back into their forests and returned to their ancient customs as if nothing had happened" ("The Secret History of the Jesuits", Paris, 58)(Emphasis mine).
The Jesuits believed that if they could teach the youth they would belong to them forever. They regarded the education of the young as the most important means of achieving this aim, "...for thus could the mind, reason and imagination of innumerable young people, from their first inclination towards independent thought and emotion up to full maturity, be permanently and systematically influenced in the best and most effective manner" ("The Power and Secret of the Jesuits", Rene Fulop-Miller, 404-405). [C.E. NOTE: This emphasis upon the importance of educating the young is a principal tenant of Communism]
O.C. Lambert, who wrote "Catholicism Against Itself", on page 278 of the second volume, recognizes the dangers: "If they [Catholics] can ever get hold of the schools, soon everything else is ruled out. There is no more effective way to make America Catholic than to get control of the schools. THIS IS ALWAYS THEIR FIRST LINE OF EFFORT IN SUBJUGATING A COUNTRY." (Emphasis mine)
"Father" Charmot, in "La Pedagogie des Jesuites", pages 413-17, says: "The pedagogic method of the Company [Jesuits] consists first of all of surrounding the pupils with a great network of prayers ... Let us not be anxious as to where and how mysticism is inserted into education! ... It is not done through a system or artificial technique, but by infiltration, by ‘endosmosis’. The children’s souls are impregnated because of their being in close ‘contact with masters who are literally saturated with it’ " ("The Secret History of the Jesuits", Paris, 59).
Just these few quotes tell us enough about the principle aim of the Jesuits...their desire to "insert" mysticism into education ...but what mysticism are they talking about? "At the front - it is characteristic of this Order - we find the Virgin Mary. ‘Loyola had made the Virgin the most important thing in his life. The Worship of Mary was the base of his religious devotions and was handed down by him to his Order. This worship developed so much that it was often said, and with good reason, that it was the Jesuits’ real religion’ " [the quote inside the quote is by "Father" Charmot, a Catholic, not a Protestant] ("The Secret History of the Jesuits: Paris, 59).
Loyola himself was convinced that the "Virgin" had coached him through visions and audible voices to draw up "Exercises" which are still practiced today. These exercises of "exterior piety to Mary" were promised "to open heaven’s doors". They consisted of "...giving Mary morning and evening salutations, frequently charging the angels to greet her, expressing the desire to build her more churches that all those built by monarchs put together; carrying day and night a rosary as a bracelet, an image of Mary, etc ...THESE PRACTICES ARE ENOUGH TO ASSURE OUR SALVATION and if the devil, when we are about to die, makes claims on our souls, we just have to remind him that Mary is responsible for us and he must sort things out with her" ("The Secret History of the Jesuits", Paris, 61). (Emphasis mine)
These practices were taught to all Catholic children. But the more extreme actions such as described by "Father" Pemble in the following quote were left to the "holy" men and women who supposedly had reached a perfection we could scarcely hope to attain.
"To beat or flagellate ourselves, and offer each blow as a sacrifice to God through Mary, to carve with a knife the holy name of Mary on our chest: to cover ourselves decently at night so as not to offend the chaste gaze of Mary; to tell the Virgin you would be willing to offer her your place in heaven if she didn’t have her own; to wish you had never been born or go to hell if Mary had not been born; to never eat an apple, as Mary had been kept from the mistake of tasting of it" ("The Secret History of the Jesuits", Paris, 61).
These degenerate "exercises" and forms of worship were cultivated into licentious and sensual expressions in many Jesuits, some of which are too obscene to mention. One hymn dedicated to the Virgin by Jesuit Jacques Pontanus stated: "...He [Jacques] knew of nothing more beautiful than Mary’s breasts, nothing sweeter than her milk and nothing more delightful than her abdomen" ("The Secret History of the Jesuits", Paris, 60).
It’s important to understand that the people behind the education had indeed "saturated" themselves with mysticism and so could more effectively pollute the children they were teaching. Many of the Jesuits experienced mystical visions such as Rodrigue de Gois, who: "...was so enraptured with her [Mary’s] inexpressible beauty that he was seen soaring into the air. A novice of this Order, who died in Rome in 1581, was sustained by the Virgin in his fight against the devil’s temptations; to strengthen him, she gave him a taste of her Son’s blood from time to time and ‘the comfort of her breasts’ " ("The Secret History of the Jesuits", Paris, 60).
Not only are Catholic children taught Mary worship on a regular basis, but in every subject Catholic propaganda is used to better indoctrinate them, making it even more difficult to escape her bonds. The following paragraph was quoted in a recent concurring opinion by Justices Douglas, Black and Marshall as the Supreme court of the United States, in two cases, June 28, 1971, held by decisions of 8 to 0 and 8 to 1, that State aid to parochial and private schools was unconstitutional.
"In the parochial schools Roman Catholic indoctrination is included in every subject. History, literature, geography, civics, and science are given a Roman Catholic slant. The whole education of the child is filled with propaganda. That, of course, is the very purpose of such schools, the very reason for going to all the work and expense of maintaining a dual school system. Their purpose is not so much to educate, but indoctrinate and train, not to teach Scripture truths and Americanism, but to make loyal Roman Catholics. The children are regimented, and are told what to wear, what to do, and what to think."
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by fridayman1: 8:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
As a quick example of this "Catholic slant" let me quote from Christianity in America, "The Catholic Social Studies Series", by Rev. Charles J. Mahoney, Ph.D., on page 220, under the title "The Roots of Frontier Democracy": "This [Democracy] was not a new doctrine; it had been developed in classic form in the Middle Ages by men like St. Thomas Aquinas...The true parents of democracy are the medieval Scholastic philosopher and the American farmer."
This is a blatant lie. Thomas Aquinas never taught democracy -- quite the opposite. He believed that anyone who went against the teachings of Rome should be killed...that doesn’t sound democratic to me. The Church of Rome is totalitarian and blatantly anti-democratic. Just re-read Pope Pius IX’s Syllabus of Errors, which is still binding on all Catholics! One view held by our American government and condemned by Pope Pius IX is that: "Every man is free to embrace and profess that religion which, guided by the light of reason, he shall consider true."
It is obvious that Catholic children are hearing a corrupt and twisted history. The struggle of Protestantism to be free from the chains of tyranny that Rome tried to enslave all humanity under is lost in the retelling in Catholic books. Why tell the truth, as it would shed light on their abominations and atrocities? They were known as the "Home of Forgeries" for seven centuries by the Greeks. "These forgeries made it seem that his [Pope Gregory VII] absolutist claims were based on ancient records zealously kept in the Rome archives. Whenever they [Greeks] tried talking with Rome, the popes brought out forged documents, even papal additions to Council documents, which the Greeks, naturally, had never seen...Many earlier documents were touched up to make them say the opposite of what they said originally" ("Vicars of Christ: The Dark Side of the Papacy", Peter De Rosa, 58-59).
If unbiased history were taught, Rome would be exposed as a fraud; therefore she continues to deceive her students with false information, and works zealously to get public funding for this deception.
A most interesting observation is made by Loraine Boettner in his book, "Roman Catholicism":
"Most of the teaching in the parochial schools is done by the nuns. They teach the children to revere and worship the Virgin Mary and to trust in images and rosaries whether they know anything about faith in Christ or not. All nuns are under solemn vows to promote their religion in every course they teach. They work, year in and year out, without receiving anything more than their board and keep, and without the personal freedom that every American has the right to enjoy. They are kept in abject poverty, while money flows freely to the priests, bishops, and especially to the Vatican in Rome" (360-361).
It is the heart of Jesuitism to cause all to come under subjection to the Pope; therefore it is to the hierarchy’s advantage to have their servants teaching the children to become servants like themselves. I know. I wanted to be a nun throughout all my grade school years. Using this kind of mental seduction has caused many young men and women to enter the convent or priesthood only to find themselves ridden with guilt for daring to think for themselves and many end up committing suicide. A friend’s sister came home from the convent during the holidays and shot herself. Few knew why.
Many fellow Christians will find it hard to witness to a Catholic because all Catholics were "saturated by mysticism" using the same techniques Hitler used on his youth and on his SS. Yes, it was Jesuit techniques that Hitler so admired, "...Ecclesiasticism without Christianity, the discipline of a monastic rule, not for God’s sake or in order to achieve personal salvation but for the sake of the State and for the greater glory and power of the demagogue turned leader - this was the goal for which the systematic moving of the masses was to lead" ("Brave New World Revisited", Huxley, 44-45).
As Hermann Rauschning in 1939 wrote: "Hitler has a deep respect for the Catholic church and the Jesuit order; not because of their Christian doctrine, but because of the ‘machinery’ they have elaborated and controlled, their hierarchical system, their extremely clever tactics, their knowledge of human nature and their wise use of human weaknesses in ruling over believers."
These same techniques are used on Democratic children in America to this day! How well our early Founding Fathers of America discerned the dangers of the Jesuits. John Adams, as early as 1816 wrote to his successor Thomas Jefferson: "I do not like the reappearance of the Jesuits ...Shall we not have regular swarms of them here, in as many disguises as only a king of the gypsies can assume, dressed as printers, publishers, writers and schoolmasters? If ever there was a body of men who merited eternal damnation on earth and in hell, it is this Society of Loyola’s. Nevertheless, we are compelled by our system of religious toleration to offer them an asylum...." ("The Power and Secret of the Jesuits", Rene Fulop-Miller, 390)
Thomas Jefferson replied to his predecessor: "Like you, I disapprove of the restoration of the Jesuits, for it means a step backward from light into darkness...." ("The Power and Secret of the Jesuits", Rene Fulop-Miller, 390)
And darkness it is. A Catholic parent is pressured to send his/her children to the Catholic school.
"Canon Law 1374 denies freedom of choice to Roman Catholic parents in regards to schools, and say that they must send their children to parochial school under pain of mortal sin unless excused from doing so by the bishop" ("Roman Catholicism", Boettner, 358) (Emphasis mine).
In "Roman Catholicism", pages 358-359, Boettner points out that parents have no choice, no rights at all as regards teachers, texts, or methods of instruction by Catholic Canon Law 1381:
1. "In all schools the religious training of the young is subject to the authority and inspection of the Catholic Church" (i.e., the priest or bishop).
2. "It is the right and duty of the Bishops to take care that nothing is taught or done against the Faith or sound morals in any school in their territory."
3. "The Bishops have also the right to approve the teachers of religion and the textbooks and further to require that texts be dropped or teachers removed, when the good of religion or morality demands this action."
We entered Catholic school at the request of the priest, who said it was bad enough that we were living in a God-forsaken town ( Greentown was primarily Protestant). "The fact is that the parochial school has been promoted primarily by the priests and bishops as a means of keeping the children of their church separate from Protestant children and from public school influences during their formative years, the better to indoctrinate and control them" ("Roman Catholicism", Boettner, 359).
In all the Jesuit’s methods of control to form our minds in complete obedience to Rome, they have only one thing to fear -- the Word of God. That’s why they have worked overtime putting out "new and better" versions. They know from experience of history that the "...word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." (Heb.4:12)
From the moment that Jesus circumcised my heart (Deut.30:6) to hear His Word, the control Catholicism had over me diminished, until it eventually lost all holds. I have escaped Rome, but left behind me are millions like me who were given a Jesuit foundation. If you wish to witness to a Catholic, be prepared for a struggle, for we are in a war, a spiritual war. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." (Eph.6:12)
These high places are not only the Vatican and her Jesuit army, but also any denomination that has broken with her, yet still retains any of her blasphemous doctrines or practices. Yes, they have their army and use education and indoctrination against our youth, turning church and school into a battleground. Our strength lies in the knowledge that the "...battle is the Lord’s...."(I Sam.17:47) and that it is "...not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of Hosts." (Zech.4:6)
"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." (2 Cor.4:6)
by Rebecca Sexton
Former Catholics For Christ
If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, but have been very lukewarm in your spiritual walk with Him, you need to immediately ask Him for forgiveness and for renewal. He will instantly forgive you, and fill your heart with the joy of the Holy Spirit. Then, you need to begin a daily walk of prayer and personal Bible Study.
If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as Savior, but have come to realize His reality and the approaching End of the Age, and want to accept His FREE Gift of Eternal Life, you can also do so now, in the privacy of your home. Once you accept Him as Savior, you are spiritually Born Again, and are as assured of Heaven as if you were already there. Then, you can rest assured that the Kingdom of Antichrist will not touch you spiritually. If you would like to become Born Again, turn to our Salvation Page now.
We hope you have been blessed by this ministry, which seeks to educate and warn people, so that they can see the coming New World Order -- Kingdom of Antichrist -- in their daily news.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by fridayman1: 8:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
check yourself properly. When Christ will come many will be disappointed mainly the church leaders. Many people in Catholic are since. And will make it to heaven. But when you know the truth and refuse to walk in it. you will be answerable to GOD alone not man.
Lets leave the Catholics alone to them and GOD
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by osygroup: 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
Acidosis: Please I need your answers, brothers and sisters
Young man, stop decieving yourself. You know your answer before opening this thread. As for my protestant brothers and sisters (you still don't know why we call you PROTESTants?), just say your mind: are catholics going to hell or heaven? But ask yourselves why catholics pray and their prayers are still answered. Ask yourself why a catholic priest is more respected than your pastors and C.E.Os....sorry, G.Os.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
Olabode05: Let me tell u catholics replying these protestants. That u are just wasting your time as their name implies they will always protest against the catholic church founded by jesus so please stop wasting your time they are born to protest.ave maria.

Religion Jesus fought against.

You better know religion won't get you to heaven if you believe in heaven.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Darlo22(m): 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
gree-die:

lol... pagan madness? and you know this because?.. der u go, interpreting the bible according to your level of ignorance...

The Gospel of St. John relates two significant accounts which relate to Mary — the wedding feast of Cana and the Crucifixion. Of the first account we read:
“There was a marriage in Cana of Galilee, and the Mother of Jesus was there. And Jesus also was invited, and His disciples, to the marriage. And the wine failing, the Mother of Jesus said to Him, ‘They have no wine.’ And Jesus said to her, ‘Woman, what is it to Me and to thee? My hour is not yet come.’ His Mother said to the waiters, ‘Whatsoever He shall say to you, do ye’” (John 2:1-5).
Jesus Christ then proceeded to work His first public miracle at His Mother’s request. Everything related in the Gospels is inspired by God, and there is a reason for it. Does not this narrative of the wedding feast manifest the intercessory power of Mary with Jesus Christ, her Divine Son?
In the second account, also take from the Gospel of St. John, we read:
“There stood by the Cross of Jesus His Mother... When Jesus therefore had seen His Mother and the disciple standing whom He loved, He saith to His Mother: ‘Woman, behold thy son...’” (John 19:25-27).
Just as Eve cooperated with Adam in the Fall of mankind, the Blessed Virgin Mary cooperated with Jesus Christ in our redemption. She “stood by the Cross of Jesus.” What anguish, what sorrow did the Mother of Jesus experience at the foot of the Cross as she witnessed the sufferings and death of her Divine Son!
In both accounts, Jesus addressed Mary by the term woman. In Hebrew the word used by Jesus was a term which would be addressed to a queen or a woman of high rank. It was a term of great respect.
But why did Jesus Christ address His Mother by the term woman at these two significant moments in His life — at His first public miracle, and at His Crucifixion on the Cross?
Our Divine Lord wanted to clearly indicate that His Mother was the Woman spoken of in the Book of Genesis:
“I will put enmities between thee (Satan) and the Woman, between thy seed and her seed, and she shall crush thy head.”

catholics do not, as Protestants falsely believe, worship the Blessed Virgin Mary. We honor her who was so intimately connected with Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity. Yes, there is only one Mediator with the Father — Jesus Christ. Only the God-Man Jesus Christ could have redeemed mankind. Nevertheless, we pray to Mary that she may intercede for us with her Divine Son. How often we request the assistance of prayers from our fellow men — how much more powerful are the prayers and intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary! In the Old Testament, we read how Moses prayed with arms outstretched and interceded with God to procure the victory of the Israelites over their enemies in a crucial battle. As long as he prayed, they were victorious. When he ceased his prayers, the Israelites began to lose. Because of this, it was necessary for two men to hold up Moses’ arms in prayer until the battle was won. Also, we read in the Old Testament how Josue prayed to God to have the day prolonged in order to win another crucial battle. If Moses and Josue could have such intercession before God, how much more powerful are the prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary!

My friend you have been deceived.Your analogy is totally wrong.You are only re-inforcing the lies you have beleived.SMH
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 14, 2013
Acidosis:
Okay I'll help you here:

"While Jesus was saying these things, one of the women in the crowd [I believe shes the founder of catholic] raised her voice and said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed.” But ...He said,
“On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.'" Luke 11:27-28 Worship, honour, glory and praise are due to
God alone
. He commands it.

If anyone has any Bible verses to contradict this... please feel free! Please only verses, not opinions. I've yet to find anywhere in the Bible that says honour of anykind is due to Mary.

This is a gross misconception of the word of God and plain IDOLATRY! ... and the sad thing, you'll never see this truth except you remove the veil of religion!

gree-die... read that bible verse again! Its soo clear Jesus contradicted that woman immediately! Like he knew some people would follow her steps...

Mary has no power to bless anyone... Shes powerless and helpless... She cannot help herself let alone the over 1billion worshippers..

What else do you want to hear?
let's assume I am a powerful man and you actually refer to my mother this way, I'll be cross with you. Simple. You don't have to demean her just because you don't believe she can beg on your behalf
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bknight: 9:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
Give us the teachings of His Majesty, for we no want no devil philosophy undecided
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Agimor(m): 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2013
El Guapo: Inasmuch as I hate to say this, I hate Catholic!

Some norms there aren't something one have to pay a healthy attention.

Do I actually have to plead with Mary to do some interceding for me? WTF does she know about me?

Xtians should establish a defined personal relationship with God, no third party! angry
When you asked your pastor to pray and fast on your behalf, what then do you think you are doing?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
anitank: You do nothing. We just pray to her to intercede on our behalf

She does not hear any of your prayers.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Brunomd: 9:14pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ignorance iz no excuse brethern, I sincerely knew dat ds topic wil b a subject of heated debate. Majority of our ansers shw clearly dat we hv been brainwashed by diffrent people,claimin 2 b speakn 4 God. Naturaly,hw imprtant is ur Mum 2 ur home? Apart frm gvin birth nd nursin christ,d BVM shwd us a more clearer way 2 Christ, Hw do U get tinz easily frm Ur dad? Is stl thru our Mothers..dy deserve evem mre respect cos it waz thru dem,we came in2 ds wrld.Brethern,let no man,wotsoeva deceive U, hold on 2 d truth, nd mk ur salvation mre easier..U knw nd worship christ, hw did he cum in2 d World? B d master of ur thoughts, as wl as ur actions.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 14, 2013
Mystery Babylon the great , mother of all harlots

smiley
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Mazazi(m): 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Honoured to the point of asking her to pray for us?

jst listen 2 urself..u never ask ur friend 2 pray 4 u?..
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by jovi: 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2013
For those that do not believe, no explanation is possible.
Do you own a Bible? Jesus himself, gave us his mother as he lay dying on the cross.

The Angel said---blessed are you amongst women..Was he worshipping her too?

the Magnificat..Mary's song of praise to God. Luke 1 46-55 (supposing you do not carry around one of the new age bibles)

You always say where is it in the Bible. many protestants say that but its not by carrying about the Bible that we gain heaven, but by DOING WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS.
many people that claim we do not know the Bible, but say homosexuality is not a sin, women should be allowed to abort, have sex before marriage..e.t.c..the catholic church is the only church that openly preaches about these practices without fear or favour and so may I ask ...DO THE BIBLES YOU CARRY ABOUT CONDONE THESE?

And before you start about the priests that have been involved in child abuse..It is really a pity what is happeneing, but know that a city can only be destroyed from inside.. If the evil one is fighting the one true church, it would not use outsiders unless he cannot even begin to fight.
That is why Christ himself told Peter. On this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall never prevail.
Why the word prevail? because Christ knew there would be a fight, and what is going on is part of the fight and cleansing.

You can make front page all you like and insist that we worship Mary. We say we honour her and you refuse. You really seem to know what we do more than us the supposed worshippers!! Worshipping Mary goes directly against the 1st commandment. -You shall have no other gods...how can we claim to be Christians if we were to be completely ignoring this for the past thousands of years.

Before you even start to accuse a another catholic of false worship, how many of us here on this forum has ever lost a close relative? and someone in consoling you says "don't worry he/she is in heaven now, praying for you"..If you ever believed these words, then know that you are as guilty as you charge the catholics to be

Anyway, in all these, remember God can fight his battles, if we worship Mary, then let it be. i'm sure God knows what to do to every catholic who does. and if its is that we honour her and give her a place in or hearts, as Jesus asked John to make her his mother from that day, then God alone will also reward us.

Why the word prevail? because Christ knew there would be a fight, and what is going on is part of the fight and cleansing.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ave Maria!My mother.Generations shall call you blessed!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Syncan(m): 9:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
linearity:

Now you are getting it.....and are asking the right questions...

The Jesus Christ that was in the worm of Mary was not God. He was fully flesh and blood just like myself and yourself. He was sent in that form to experience what we all feels and be in a better position to intercede on our behalf, having experience our infirmities as mere mortals.

The Jesus that walked on the face of the earth was not also God, He was man....the Bible said.."He became flesh and dwell among us...". The Jesus that walked on the face of the earth needed God the father's protection just like everyone of us.

That Jesus felt pain like man, he felt abandoned by God while on the cross ("Lord lord why have thy forsaken me"wink just like men feel at times in their difficult moments; he had need for clothing, shelter, protection and food just like men, he was tempted just like men, he was flogged and humiliated just like men...He avoided trouble by escaping those who want to stone him to death just like men...So he was fully man just like us.

Yes, he performed miracles...but those miracles do not mean that he was God...because he himself said..whatever I do ye shall do also...and greater miracles than these shall you do, because I go to my father.

Jesus the Man become Jesus the God again when he died on the Cross and rose from the death. The risen Christ is the God that created heaven and Earth, He is the "I am that I am"....He is the Beginning and the End.

Mary is not the Mother of the risen Christ that is God...she is the mother of the Man Christ that feels every infirmities of men like us...she is the Mother of the Christ Man that needs food, shelter, clothing, protection, pains, etc...God does not need food, shelter, clothing, protection or feel pains and James 1:13..says God cannot be tempted by evil.....but Jesus the Man, the Son of Mary was tempted just like any of us.....do you get the drift?

Just listen to yourself, He was man at some time and change to God at some time, bla bla bla, Who made the child in the womb of Elizabeth leap for joy, God or man, Who forgave the paralytic? The man or God? Who told Mary, " Don't you know I should be about my father's business", God or man? Who did the magi see in bethlehem, God or man? Just do a little reading, and you will find out that the whole christendom condemned Nestorius and this your teaching since 431AD. You no de shame, christian indeed.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by YMCgyna(m): 9:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
my best of best

OUR LADY QUEEN OF PEACE

PRAY 4 US
AND ASK PARDON 4 ALL D INSULTS AND OFFENCES DT V BEEN COMMITTED AGAINST UR IMMACULATE HEART IN DIS THREAD..

WASH UR COMMENTS

EVEN IF NA UR FELLOW HUMAN BEING. .U FIT INSULT AM REACH DIS EXTENT
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
If i hv offended u with this my post, i am sorry. If u feel i lied against u in anyway pls point it out to me.
The truth shall set u free

The Plain Truth about
the Roman Catholic Church

The Roman Catholic Church claims to have started in Matthew 16:18 when Christ supposedly appointed Peter as the first Pope. However, the honest and objective student of the Scriptures and history soon discovers that the foundation of the Roman church is none other than the pagan mystery religion of ancient Babylon.

While enduring the early persecutions of the Roman government (65-300 A.D.), most of professing Christianity went through a gradual departure from New Testament doctrine concerning church government, worship and practice. Local churches ceased to be autonomous by giving way to the control of "bishops" ruling over hierarchies. The simple form of worship from the heart was replaced with the rituals and splendor of paganism. Ministers became "priests," and pagans became "Christians" by simply being sprinkled with water. This tolerance of an unregenerate membership only made things worse. SPRINKLED PAGANISM is about the best definition for Roman Catholicism.

The Roman Emperor Constantine established himself as the head of the church around 313 A.D., which made this new "Christianity" the official religion of the Roman Empire. The first actual Pope in Rome was probably Leo I (440-461 A.D.), although some claim that Gregory I was the first (590-604 A.D.). This ungodly system eventually ushered in the darkest period of history known to man, properly known as the "Dark Ages" (500-1500 A.D.). Through popes, bishops, and priests, Satan ruled Europe, and Biblical Christianity became illegal.

Throughout all of this, however, there remained individual groups of true Christians, such as the Waldensens and the Anabaptists who would not conform to the Roman system.

The Papacy and Priesthood

In the Bible there are no popes or priests to rule over the church. Jesus Christ is our High Priest (Heb. 3:1; 4:14-15; 5:5; 8:1; 9:11), and all true Christians make up a spiritual priesthood (I Pet. 2:5). Jesus Christ has sanctified all Christians who believe on Him (Heb. 10:10-11), so all priests today are unnecessary and unscriptural. Furthermore, the practice of calling a priest "father" is forbidden by Jesus Christ in Matthew 23:9. There is only ONE mediator between God and men (I Tim. 2:5).

The Catholic church teaches that Peter was the first Pope and the earthly head of the church, but the Bible never says this once. In fact, it was Peter himself who spoke against "being lords over God's heritage" in I Peter 5:3. Popes do not marry, although Peter did (Mat. 8:14; I Cor. 9:5). The Bible never speaks of Peter being in Rome, and it was Paul, not Peter, who wrote the epistle to the Romans. In the New Testament, Paul wrote 100 chapters with 2,325 verses, while Peter wrote only 8 chapters with 166 verses. In Peter's first epistle he stated that he was simply "an apostle of Jesus Christ," not a Pope (I Pet. 1:1). The Roman papacy and priesthood is just a huge fraud to keep members in bondage to a corrupt pagan church.

The Worship of Mary

Roman Catholics believe that Mary, the mother of Jesus, remained a virgin after the birth of Jesus and was sinless all of her life. She is worshiped in the Catholic church as the "Mother of God" and the "Queen of Heaven." St. Bernard stated that she was crowned "Queen of Heaven" by God the Father, and that she currently sits upon a throne in Heaven making intercession for Christians.

The Bible teaches otherwise. In the Bible, Mary was a sinner just like the rest of us. She said herself that she needed a "Saviour" (Lk. 1:47), and she even had to offer a sacrifice for her sins in Luke 2:24. Jesus was only her "firstborn" son, according to Matthew 1:25, because she later had other children as well (Mt. 13:55; Gal. 1:19; Psa. 69:cool. There's only ONE mediator between God and men, and it isn't Mary (I Tim. 2:5). The last time we hear from Mary in the Bible she is praying WITH the disciples, not being prayed to BY the disciples (Acts 1:14). The Bible never exalts Mary above anyone else. Neither should we.

Purgatory

The Catholic Church teaches that a Christian's soul must burn in purgatory after death until all of their sins have been purged. To speed up the purging process, money may be paid to a priest so he can pray and have special masses for an earlier release.

This heresy began creeping into the Roman Church during the reign of Pope Gregory around the end of the sixth century, and it has no scriptural support. In fact, Jesus warned us about this pagan practice in Matthew 23:14 when He spoke of those who devoured widows houses and made long prayers for a pretence. Psalm 49:6-7 tells us that a person couldn't redeem a loved one, even if such a place did exist: "They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:"

Peter addresses this issue in Acts 8:20 when he says, "Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money." God's word is clearly against the doctrine of purgatory.

The Mass

By perverting the Christian practice of the Lord's Supper (Mat. 26:26-28; I Cor. 11:23-27), the Catholic Church has created the Mass, which they believe to be a continual sacrifice of Jesus Christ:

"Christ...commanded that his bloody sacrifice on the Cross should be daily renewed by an unbloody sacrifice of his body and blood in the Mass under the simple elements of bread and wine." (The Catholic Encyclopedia, Vol. 10, Pg. 13, Article: "Mass, Sacrifice of"wink

Jesus never made such a command. If you'll check the above references in Matthew 26 and I Corinthians 11, you'll see for yourself that the Lord's Supper is a MEMORIAL and a SHOWING of Christ's death until He comes again. It is not a sacrifice. The Catholic Encyclopedia states the following:

"In the celebration of the Holy Mass, the bread and wine are changed into the body and blood of Christ. It is called transubstantiation, for in the Sacrament of the Eucharist the substance of bread and wine do not remain, but the entire substance of bread is changed into the body of Christ, and the entire substance of wine is changed into his blood, the species or outward semblence of bread and wine alone remaining." (Vol. 4, pg. 277, Article: "Consecration"wink

The Catholic Church teaches that the "Holy Mass" is a LITERAL EATING AND DRINKING OF THE LITERAL FLESH AND BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST. The priest supposedly has the power to change the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ.

Now, what does God's word say about such practices? If you'll read Genesis 9:4, Leviticus 17:11-12, and Acts 15:29, you will find that God absolutely FORBIDS the drinking of blood all through the Bible.

Rome teaches that the Mass is a continual "sacrifice" of Jesus Christ, but God's word states that Jesus made the FINAL sacrifice on Calvary! This is made perfectly clear in Hebrews 10:10-12:

"By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God."

The mass is unnecessary and unscriptural.

Image Worship

The Catholic religion is filled with all sorts of symbols, images, and relics. The Catechism of the Council of Trent states these words:

"It is lawful to have images in the Church, and to give honor and worship unto them..."

It's lawful to honor and worship images? Not according to God's word. Exodus 20:4-5 says, "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me." Image worship is unscriptural and will end with the eternal damnation of those who practice it (Rev. 14:11).

Salvation by Works

Through infant baptism, keeping sacraments, church membership, going to mass, praying to Mary, and confession (just to mention a few), the Catholic church has developed a system of salvation through WORKS. God's word says that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, not through works:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Eph. 2:8-9)

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness." (Romans 4:5)

Jesus Christ came into this world to lay down His sinless life for YOU--to pay for your sins, because you couldn't. Jesus is your only hope for salvation. Only by receiving Him as your Saviour can you enter the gates of Heaven. There is no other way.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me." (John 14:6)

The Lord Jesus Christ has come and PAID for your sins by shedding His own Blood on Calvary. By receiving Him as your Saviour, you can be WASHED from all your sins in His precious Blood (Rev. 1:5; Col. 1:14; Acts 20:28; I Pet. 1:18-19). Notice these important words from Romans 5:8-9:

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him."

Jesus PAID your way to Heaven for you! By receiving Him as your Saviour, you will be receiving God's ONLY means of Salvation for you. Are you willing to forsake YOUR righteousness and receive Jesus Christ as your Saviour, your ONLY HOPE for Salvation? Romans 10:13 says, "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:9 says, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Are you willing to forsake your own righteousness, and trust Jesus Christ alone? He will save you just as He promised. Why not receive Him today and trust Him to give you a better way of life?

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by YMCgyna(m): 9:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
abeg Catholics stop dis argument. .its leading ur nowia

MARY OUR MOTHER PRAY 4 US INCLUDING ALL THOSE DT V INSULTED U AND UR SON AND HIS MAGESTY D ALMIGHTY GOD

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (62) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads / Bishop Oyedepo Reacts To Apostle Suleman’s Private Jet / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, His Wife And Children On Vacation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.