Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,683 members, 7,921,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:50 AM

Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa (2345 Views)

Governor Udom Grants Amnesty To A 64-Year-Old Prisoner (Photos) / Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari / President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by thelastPope(m): 4:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
http://www.naijapundit.com/news/northern-governors-should-ignore-jonathan-and-grant-amnesty-to-boko-haram-arewa-forum

A Northern youth group, Arewa Youth Forum has told all Northern Governors to ignore President Jonathan's presidential authority and unilaterally grant amnesty to Boko Haram, the Islamic Terrorist sect carrying out an insurgency in Nigeria. The group, Arewa Youth Forum, which is linked to Jigawa State governor, Sule Lamido issued the press statement below;

Arewa Youth Forum
Press Statement

To Northern Governors:Shun Jonathan, Grant Boko Haram Amnesty

The Arewa Youth Forum (AYF) held an emergency meeting in Kaduna today (22nd March 2013) where the forum extensively discussed the State of the Nation and as well the ongoing challenges and possible crises of extinction threatening Northern Nigeria.

We have been following with utter dismay and despair how President Goodluck Jonathan's led Federal Government has been playing politics and exhibiting such sophistry and a high sense of insensitivity in handling the Boko Haram insurgency and further compounding the series of challenges confronting Northern Nigeria.
As at today, our economy is gone; the aged-long togetherness of Northern Christians and Muslims is totally gone. There is also no political cohesion in the North. And there is no sign that this ugly trend can be contained, if the Federal Government continues its flagrant display of insensitivity and nonchalance then, we will be threading the path of fire and bloodshed. It is based on all these concerns, that Arewa Youth Forum resolves as follows:

That the 19 Northern State Governors, should as a matter of preserving the Northern Nigerian region from extinction and attaining a Failed State status, grant AMNESTY to the Boko Haram sect and all other groups responsible for the restiveness in Northern Nigeria. This is important, all Northern Governors, members of National and State Assemblies must rise, roll their sleeves because if the situation persists, there may not be a Northern Nigerian region again as a political and geographical entity in the larger Sovereign State of Nigeria.

==============================================================================

Just saw this and I seriously support it on the grounds that they grant them amnesty and pay them from their own IGR and sales of their states agricultural products. No free oil anymore. Oil money for Oil people... grin grin grin
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by daylae(m): 4:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
granting amnesty to themselves. . .goodluck with that.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
Hmm interesting.
I mess up during Niger Delta Amnesty,now my mates are crusing jeeps anyhow in Abuja.
Walahi I no go miss this one oh.I hope dem go give us virgins join?
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by hurricaneChris: 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
Hahahahahaha! I wish they wud do just that.

Atleast those bastards will come out thinking they are free citizens.

That's when they will be reminded that they are FEDERAL FUGITIVES...

Arewa is really high on decayed "gworo"

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by thelastPope(m): 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
daylae: granting amnesty to themselves. . .goodluck with that.

flenty flenty Goodluck to them my brother. At least they can use the money from the sales of potatoes and onions. afterall, some governors are already paying dues to BH.
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by NDSMART(m): 4:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
How many virgin per person they go get for amnesty abeg?

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by thelastPope(m): 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
NDSMART: How many virgin per person they go get for amnesty abeg?

Abeg, no make me laugh fall for ground come peel my left yansh! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by joseph1832(m): 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
Sometimes am wholesomely amazed by the shear amount of gibberish that comes out of the mouth of some of these northerners! it is without question that they (Arewa Youth Forum) are a bunch of tribalistic morons who have always believed that they are above the laws of the land.
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by thelastPope(m): 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
joseph1832: Sometimes am wholesomely amazed by the shear amount of gibberish that comes out of the mouth of some of these northerners! it is without question that they (Arewa Youth Forum) are a bunch of tribalistic morons who have always believed that they are above the laws of the land.

I think it is good it is all unfolding now. Now we all know where we stand in this union. More of this.
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by okosodo: 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
Animals Consultative Forum should go ahead
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by Chubhie: 4:59pm On Mar 22, 2013
It can be argued that what is good for Mend is also good for Boko. I support this if it will make the boys down tools and stop the spilling of blood...
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by thelastPope(m): 5:02pm On Mar 22, 2013
Chubhie: It can be argued that what is good for Mend is also good for Boko. I support this if it will make the boys down tools and stop the spilling of blood...

I support it too as long as they pay them from their yam and groundnut sales. gbam!
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by joseph1832(m): 5:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
thelastPope:

I support it too as long as they pay them from their yam and groundnut sales. gbam!
support what? mind you MEND did not bomb churches on a large scale and neither did they slaughter people like rams ment for Illeya festival. These guys have proved that they are monsters who lack human feelings. They should be treated like dogs, atleast we know who MEND, MASSOB are.
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by Ngwakwe: 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
Let me narrate the story of identical crime
in Aba and how JTF and State Government
handled it.

1. The State Government declared
Amnesty and Rehabilitation for the
Kidnappers if they stop kidnapping and
surrender their arms

2. Most Kidnappers surrendered their
arms and were listed for the amnesty.

3. The Kingpin of the Kidnappers
(Osisikanku) with his group continued
and kidnapped a bus full of School
Children.

4. The State Govt. Cancelled the amnesty
and handed that list of Kidnappers to JTF.

5. The JTF printed contact phone numbers
and circulated them to the environs and
natives in suburbs and villages for
information on the way about and secret
locations/hideouts of these criminals.

6. The people responded actively by
calling the JTF and informing them of any
suspicious movements and hideouts of
these criminal.

7. Because the people responded
positively, there were relatively minimal
or no casualty in the operations of JTF

8. The JTF is still in Abia State and there is
relative peace and tranquillity in the State
and there are no reports of summary
execution of anybody in the State.

9. The only regret is the extortion and
sometimes harassment by members of JTF
on innocent citizens.

10. The JTF used the Amnesty list to fish
out and eradicate most of these criminal
by either arresting them or summary
execution in case of Gun battle.
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by thelastPope(m): 5:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
joseph1832:
support what? mind you MEND did not bomb churches on a large scale and neither did they slaughter people like rams ment for Illeya festival. These guys have proved that they are monsters who lack human feelings. They should be treated like dogs, atleast we know who MEND, MASSOB are.

Bros, you didnt read my post well. I said I support it as long as they foot the bill and settle the BH boys from their purse. Its their monster they created. let them bare their cross!
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by Ngwakwe: 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
Let Boko haram declare cease fire for one month, if it holds then the State Governments should announced Amnesty and Rehabilitation for the Boko Boys and Girls on the condition they surrender their arms and cease all hostilities.

Chubhie: It can be argued that what is good for Mend is also good for Boko. I support this if it will make the boys down tools and stop the spilling of blood...
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by Chubhie: 5:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
joseph1832:
bro which ever way you look at it, both Mend and Boko have commited a crime by declaring war against the state.....Mend was able to hit the very source of govt revenue before they could be granted amnesty....assuming Mend where only bombing citizens and kidnapping do you think the govt will even mind them? What does this tell you bout your govt? The govt is willing to sacrifice the blood of the masses to boko as long as nothing stops the flow of free money. If truely boko wants amnesty a change in plan will land them some. As a citizen, would you mind if using extreme force or granting amnesty returns peace to the land?
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by thelastPope(m): 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
Chubhie: bro which ever way you look at it, both Mend and Boko have commited a crime by declaring war against the state.....Mend was able to hit the very source of govt revenue before they could be granted amnesty....assuming Mend where only bombing citizens and kidnapping do you think the govt will even mind them? What does this tell you bout your govt? The govt is willing to sacrifice the blood of the masses to boko as long as nothing stops the flow of free money. If truely boko wants amnesty a change in plan will land them some. As a citizen, would you mind if using extreme force or granting amnesty returns peace to the land?

You have posted absolute nonsense. Only a drunk man will compare militants to BH.

1. What does BH stand for?

2. Did mend ever attack innocent civilians?

3. What is BH demands? Sharia for you and your children abi?

4. Did you not know the militants, both their names and faces?

5. At no time were the militants ever called terrorists because they are not terrorists. They were freedom fighters, fighting for a legitimate cause. Their lands were ravaged by the oppressive northern ruling class with the support of the south west and British government. Please stop saying nonsense. MEND even gave advanced notice for their attacks to forestall civilian casualties.

They had every right to declare war on the state because the state was an oppressive body who trampled on their lands and rights and murdered their authentic leaders like Saro Wiwa while sponsoring their fake leaders. They were fighting a very legitimate cause. What is BH fighting for again? Please remind me. yeye!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
GEJ should grant them independence

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by ikeyman00(m): 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
@@@@

nawooo
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by Chubhie: 5:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: Let Boko haram declare cease fire for one month, if it holds then the State Governments should announced Amnesty and Rehabilitation for the Boko Boys and Girls on the condition they surrender their arms and cease all hostilities.

Boko boys are saying they want a jaw jaw with the fedrael govt and not state govt.maybe same kinda of treatment melted out to Mend of which Gej was among the people yardua asked to seal the amnesty with his mend brothers. I support amnesty for those boys if and only if it stops the spilling of blood or the state can use the whole instrument of state to crush em once and forall and set a clean record of how to handle any group that declars war against the state.
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by seunfly: 5:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
Honestly i am with jonathan on this, if government grant peaple who delibratly kill thausands of innocent peaple amnesty, then what kind of justice will the innocent dead peaple get, even the dead will be angry if government pay their killer for killing them when the same government could not protect them when they were alive.
For me i think something is going on underground and someone somewhere is about to unlock the miseary of boko haram which the elite did not realy want, so they want to end it quickly before it is discovered. Otherwise why the noice now.
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by Chubhie: 5:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
thelastPope:

You have posted absolute nonsense. Only a drunk man will compare militants to BH.

1. What does BH stand for?

2. Did mend ever attack innocent civilians?

3. What is BH demands? Sharia for you and your children abi?

4. Did you not know the militants, both their names and faces?

5. At no time were the militants ever called terrorists because they are not terrorists. They were freedom fighters, fighting for a legitimate cause. Their lands were ravaged by the oppressive northern ruling class with the support of the south west and British government. Please stop saying nonsense. MEND even gave advanced notice for their attacks to forestall civilian casualties.

They had every right to declare war on the state because the state was an oppressive body who trampled on their lands and rights and murdered their authentic leaders like Saro Wiwa while sponsoring their fake leaders. They were fighting a very legitimate cause. What is BH fighting for again? Please remind me. yeye!
looking at it strictly from the premise that mend commited a crime against the state by their actions then, it can safely be argued that boko harem also deserves a piece of the amnesty deal. There is no justification fordeclaring war against the in what ever form. Boko seems to be now willing to cash in on the amnesty deal. It is like a money in the bank in wwe and they want to cash it now! Mend got theirs through bombing the source of the nations revenue,bunkering and kidnapping.....boko harem got here albeit through a more deadlier way..... Does it make sense to you how your govt rewards crimminality?
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by ikeyman00(m): 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2013
@@@@

this is one big wahala i personally have with nijerians

the talk and believe they know what they are talking about when they dnt

amnesty to who? that have destroyed a lot of families right?

u cannt be serious; it goes to show what we have been talking about; there is something not right with the north

something is seriously wrong and for oduduwa crook like ole tinubu to back the amnesty to these fools isnt surprising; cuz the man has always be mad
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 22, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@@

this is one big wahala i personally have with nijerians

the talk and believe they know what they are talking about when they dnt

amnesty to who? that have destroyed a lot of families right?

u cannt be serious; it goes to show what we have been talking about; there is something not right with the north

something is seriously wrong and for oduduwa crook like ole tinubu to back the amnesty to these fools isnt surprising; cuz the man has always be mad

Tinibu is just being himself, a typical yoruba traitor. Nigeria is in her current state no thanks to the north and southwest collaboration.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by PointB: 7:00pm On Mar 22, 2013
Amnesty for Northern Nigeria islamic terrorists by the Northern Governors? I dey laff

Well if it helps flush them out in the open to enable the JFT boys bury slugs in the skulls, I am all for it!
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by thelastPope(m): 7:01pm On Mar 22, 2013
Chubhie: looking at it strictly from the premise that mend commited a crime against the state by their actions then, it can safely be argued that boko harem also deserves a piece of the amnesty deal. There is no justification fordeclaring war against the in what ever form. Boko seems to be now willing to cash in on the amnesty deal. It is like a money in the bank in wwe and they want to cash it now! Mend got theirs through bombing the source of the nations revenue,bunkering and kidnapping.....boko harem got here albeit through a more deadlier way..... Does it make sense to you how your govt rewards crimminality?

What is the definition of criminality? Who is the criminal? Is it the militants agitating against the exploitation of their ancestry lands or the FG, sharing the oil blocks in a land 1000 kilometers from were they live?

Is it the militants fighting against the polution and ravaging of their farmlands leaving them in helplessnes or the FG who have ravaged and plundered these lands, gave nothing back in return and are using the money to develop cities 1000 kilometers away?

I think the criminal is very clear here.

For Boko Haram, what was stolen from them? Were their lands ravaged? Were their money or possessions stolen? Were they deprived of anything that belonged to them? What was the injustice metted to them? Please do list them

When you compare militants to BH, you end up sounding silly.

There are 3 reasons to fight a war. The legal reason, the moral reason and the greed/selfish reason. The only reason the FG has is the greed reason. They have no moral or legal reason. If you take the case before the ICC, the FG will loose it. But for BH, they have no reason to agitate. Agitating for the Islamization of the country is silly and senseless. They are seeking to enforce their beliefs on others. militants never sought to enforce their beliefs on anyone. They only asked to be left alone and rightly so.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
Yar"adua grantin amnesty to mend was his own way as a leader to deal wit mend issue. GEJ is nt Yar'adua! If Boko haram wants amnesty, they shud go n wake up yar'adua from grave. Sekina
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by Chubhie: 7:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
thelastPope:

What is the definition of criminality? Who is the criminal? Is it the militants agitating against the exploitation of their ancestry lands or the FG, sharing the oil blocks in a land 1000 kilometers from were they live?

Is it the militants fighting against the polution and ravaging of their farmlands leaving them in helplessnes or the FG who have ravaged and plundered these lands, gave nothing back in return and are using the money to develop cities 1000 kilometers away?

I think the criminal is very clear here.

For Boko Haram, what was stolen from them? Were their lands ravaged? Were their money or possessions stolen? Were they deprived of anything that belonged to them? What was the injustice metted to them? Please do list them

When you compare militants to BH, you end up sounding silly.

There are 3 reasons to fight a war. The legal reason, the moral reason and the greed/selfish reason. The only reason the FG has is the greed reason. They have no moral or legal reason. If you take the case before the ICC, the FG will loose it. But for BH, they have no reason to agitate. Agitating for the Islamization of the country is silly and senseless. They are seeking to enforce their beliefs on others. militants never sought to enforce their beliefs on anyone. They only asked to be left alone and rightly so.
The islamization argument is nolonger the reason boko harem is asking as the basis for peace going by current affiars but amnesty.
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by austinsmat(m): 7:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
hahaha is not there fault since US mounted drone plane at niger republic, northerners are now pissing in they pants even sutan is shouting amnesty morning and night. As for tinubuthief is doing like a faithful servent always licking northern ass
Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by thelastPope(m): 7:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
Chubhie: The islamization argument is nolonger the reason boko harem is asking as the basis for peace going by current affiars but amnesty.

Can you show us any document or authentic news item where they announced a change of demands?

4 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa by Yeske2(m): 8:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
^^
Very good question.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Uduaghan Transformed New Layout, Off Jakpa Road, Warri / Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud / President Jonathan’s Pilgrimage To Israel Linked To Planned Rigging Of Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.