Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,916 members, 7,973,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:44 AM

Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? (7662 Views)

Nigeria Is An Old Cemetry / Give Goodnight Kisses & Shoutouts To People You Love Here! X / Can You Visit A Cemetry Alone At Midnight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 25, 2013
Bright De Gea: Those of u saying "i prefer d house, in our sitting room, in our room, in our toilet, in our kitchen blah blah blah" u make me laugh, are u a telling ur family to worship ur grave every morning or wat? Don't think of where ur soul will end, be saying u would like to be buried in the house as if u will visit ur family every week from the dead
In my village, we pour libation for the dead, and they are considered guiding spirits. This is because we believe that dead love ones are always around to give us spiritual protection. When I am buried, I want my kids and grandkids pouring Henessy for me on libation.

1 Like

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by eghost247(m): 11:11am On Mar 25, 2013
this is not relevant
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by azpekuliar: 11:11am On Mar 25, 2013
to be cremated just like Tupac Shakur...
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by izyrach(f): 11:12am On Mar 25, 2013
hmn i like dis u want to die intoto
Lakayana: no worry na there you go die.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by izyrach(f): 11:14am On Mar 25, 2013
work hard and b a legend too we shall gladly do dat
azpekuliar: to be cremated just like Tupac Shakur...
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by PENMIGHT(m): 11:15am On Mar 25, 2013
Bright De Gea: Its more sanitary to bury someone in the cementry so i prefer cementry, bury someone at home? I dont know why 9ja do the opposite, but these should not be much of a concern because where your soul will end up is more important than where you are going to be buried, i pray y'all make heaven
U are simply awesome! The wise saying of the prophet goes does-"Choose your neighbours before you site your dwellings". In life and in the evitable death, you sure going to have neighbours.Man is social till eternity. Buried at home,the dead is 'lonely' being in the midst of the living. No compatriot. Mourning is eternal.Grave veneration and worship sets it. Prayer in such houses is prohibited. Besides ur dead body will not benefit from the prayers of believers that visit the cemetary. The cemetary is d abode of a believer amidst believers(and only believers) like him.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by kunletade(m): 11:17am On Mar 25, 2013
bury me the muslim way and the most important things is that people will pray on my body when am dead must be more than 40 shikena.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by caesaraba(m): 11:19am On Mar 25, 2013
I prefer cremation. Not burial.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by daylae(m): 11:21am On Mar 25, 2013
maybe because of not wanting to be lonely many i'll prefare the cementry where they'll have other colleagues around. . .

The where and how is actually not an issue,but the whereto,that is where you heading after death.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 25, 2013
I wanna be buried in my Mausoleum right in my compound, where I can be worshiped by my kids, grand kids and great-grandkids, just a mention of my name and thunder will strike their enemies. I will be so powerful in dead and a new religion shall be formed, called Billyonairology.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by aryzgreat: 11:26am On Mar 25, 2013
kunle.t.ade:
bury me the muslim way and the most important things is that people will pray on my body when am dead must be more than 40 shikena.

So if they are not 40 they wont pray 4 u and if they dont pray u wont go heaven? Wot hapnd to those dat died in war? the mass burial given to Kano victims, wot hapnd to d muslim victim? Muslims and their belief shaa!

1 Like

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by deesnipes(f): 11:26am On Mar 25, 2013
Until there are enough cemetary to cater for d large number of corpses daily and d cost of getting a portion to bury your loved ones is drastically reduced, pple will continue to bury their loved ones at home.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 25, 2013
Its foolishness for anyone thinking abt dis at dis time,wen it is obvious dat he/she has no control of these tinz after death.dust to dust so it is.d dead is as good as sand.
re there no better tinz to think abt in d land of d living? :PIts foolishness for anyone thinking abt dis at dis time,wen it is obvious dat he/she has no control of these tinz after death.dust to dust so it is.d dead is as good as sand.
re there no better tinz to think abt in d land of d living?
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by PENMIGHT(m): 11:31am On Mar 25, 2013
Bright De Gea: Its more sanitary to bury someone in the cementry so i prefer cementry, bury someone at home? I dont know why 9ja do the opposite, but these should not be much of a concern because where your soul will end up is more important than where you are going to be buried, i pray y'all make heaven
I was involved in looking for a good location to construct for one of the new-generation banks in Abeokuta. We got a good location but there was a problem! There lies the grave of the dead patriach of the family at one end of the piece of land. The bank is ready to pay huge amount but wt the condition that is obvious- 'remove the grave'. What do u think the family did?Your guess is as good as mine. What will people not do for money? The living betraying the dead!

2 Likes

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:36am On Mar 25, 2013
caesaraba: I prefer cremation. Not burial.

I wanna be cremated...

I would hate to be stuffed in a box, 6 ft under the ground.. I have seen what rats do inside cemetrys ad its not a pleasant sight!
Ask for home burial, I no want at all... angry It creeps out the younger generations, reduces the value of the property, limits the use of the land.

Abeg... When I die, I will put it in my will that I should be cremated and my ashes used to plant an Iroko Tree in my shrine.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 25, 2013
Cast my body into space when I'm dead
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by tellwisdom: 11:38am On Mar 25, 2013
Lilimax:
Everybody will die one day. So read the article before commenting.

No, i wont die now angry
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by biyiwilly(m): 11:40am On Mar 25, 2013
anywhere is fine, once d spirit leaves the rest is history...........
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 25, 2013
Afam4eva: I could care less. Whatever happens to my body after death is not my business. The most important thing is where my spirit ends up.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by slimyem: 11:44am On Mar 25, 2013
Billyonaire: I wanna be buried in my Mausoleum right in my compound, where I can be worshiped by my kids, grand kids and great-grandkids, just a mention of my name and thunder will strike their enemies. I will be so powerful in dead and a new religion shall be formed, called Billyonairology.
You are vain!!!
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by caesaraba(m): 11:45am On Mar 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

I wanna be cremated...

I would hate to be stuffed in a box, 6 ft under the ground.. I have seen what rats do inside cemetrys ad its not a pleasant sight!
Ask for home burial, I no want at all... angry It creeps out the younger generations, reduces the value of the property, limits the use of the land.

Abeg... When I die, I will put it in my will that I should be cremated and my ashes used to plant an Iroko Tree in my shrine.

Gbam! Your head de dia!

1 Like

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by AreaFada2: 12:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
Billyonaire: I will build myself a befitting Mausoleum at 60 but if I die before building the Mausoleum, meaning before 60, then I should be buried in my sitting room in my village with a golden tombstone by the poolside. I wanna be remembered.

For Sagbama abi na Ogbia side?
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Lilimax(f): 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
tellwisdom:

No, i wont die now angry
You shall not die but live. But death is inevitable sha. It is a debt we owe God.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
cremation certainly
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by playcharles(m): 12:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
please and please tell my people to bury me in Planet Mars, not in this sinful world earth! i no wan hear say them bury me for one place, una useless government go say them wan use there abu na abu na
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by thrugemaster(m): 12:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
stupid post..... Ask urself that, mr. Op....... That is a question for our great grand fathers
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by victor2exl(m): 12:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
@eldoradoxx: you should be concern about where r you going from here after Death..not acting proud about your earthly family burial tradition...Ask your self...HEAVEN or HELL...revert
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 25, 2013
I don't care. Cemetery maybe undecided.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by born2boink(m): 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
Me no wan die yet
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by BashMe1(m): 12:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
[size=28pt]CANADA....[/size]
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Lovetinz(m): 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2013
undecided Not a single person mentioned donating the body or parts to further medical research.
You wont need it anymore, give it to those who do.

I can imagine teenage medistudents asking 'is that thingy that of the great sexhealz - awesome!'
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by RioFernandez(m): 12:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
Aso rock ohhh! That place go sharp so go de worry dem wen de wan loot money go franc and people go de enjoy cos 9ja go better. #facts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Opera Mini's Olist Is Stealing Jiji's Account Details / Mother Of The World’s Tiniest Baby / Picture Of A Huge Snake In A Car Bonnet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.