Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,746 members, 7,889,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:21 AM

Please Advice!!! N150k Job In Lagos Vs. N250k Job In Abuja. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advice!!! N150k Job In Lagos Vs. N250k Job In Abuja. (2002 Views)

Oil ans Gas Basic Salary Between N150 to N250k / Please Advice Me On Nysc Exemption Letter And Discharge Certificate / Public Health Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice!!! N150k Job In Lagos Vs. N250k Job In Abuja. by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 26, 2013
Nairalanders, please advice me.

I have been working in a Company in Lagos for the past 3 years. I love almost everything about this job. Management team with a human face, my contributions to the Company are highly valued and appreciated, working hours: 8am to 5pm on weekdays only, no weekends or holiday work, good reimbursements for travel allowance, over time allowance. Leave allowance and christmas bonus not part of the gross salary computation, fairly new Peugeot 406 car as official car on acquisition basis etc, impressive career rise within the system. The only problem is the poor salary of N150k which has not increased since I joined about 3 years ago. To make matters worse, since the 2012 fuel subsidy saga, it has been a difficult task paying staff salaries. Salaries are now being owed for over 3 months and people are practically living on debt while the company is just struggling to survive.

Recently, I just secured a job in a financial institution in Abuja for pay of N250k with a brand new Toyota Corolla car as official car on 50% amortisation for acquisition. Very impressive benefits like full life insurance cover, group life assurance scheme, health cover extended to spouse and 4 children, unbelievable N500k relocation allowance and assurance of prompt salary payment.

Now, I am finding it difficult to make up my mind on this offer because I really love Lagos and my present bosses will feel very dissapointed if i have to leave them despite all the confidence they have reposed in me. I am seriously worried about the high accommodation cost in Abuja and security issues. I am a good night crawler and I don't really know if night life in Abuja is fun like we have in Lagos. I also like Lagos because its basically the commercial capital of Nigeria and you can get anything you want so easily.

Nairalanders please advice me!!!

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!!! N150k Job In Lagos Vs. N250k Job In Abuja. by onyxay: 10:31am On Mar 26, 2013
I would advice you ask a lot of questions from the existing staff and ask if all the goodies promised by the company are REAL or mere promises and finally PRAY to GOD for final Decision.Best of Favour.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!!! N150k Job In Lagos Vs. N250k Job In Abuja. by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 26, 2013
All the benefits promised in the new job are real. I can confirm that!!!
Re: Please Advice!!! N150k Job In Lagos Vs. N250k Job In Abuja. by uboma(m): 11:14am On Mar 26, 2013
@ op, congratulations on the new job. Accomodation in Abuja is actually high but it still depends on the location. Where is your new office located? Provide the location so we can properly advice if you can reside in the same area or somewhere close to ur office. As per being a night crawler, there is so much night fun in Abuja. As long as u have the money to spend, catching fun in the night wouldn't be a problem.
Re: Please Advice!!! N150k Job In Lagos Vs. N250k Job In Abuja. by funkybaby(f): 12:18pm On Mar 26, 2013
Rocktrust: Nairalanders, please advice me.

To make matters worse, since the 2012 fuel subsidy saga, it has been a difficult task paying staff salaries. Salaries are now being owed for over 3 months and people are practically living on debt while the company is just struggling to survive.

this is a no-brainer.

are you waiting till the company is officially bankrupt before you move on to another company. undecided

the fact that your current employer owes you salary is more than enough reason for you to move on to another company.

when it comes to career, for me, there are no sentiments. the same employer that you are slaving for, would not think about it twice to fire you or make you redundant. you should do what is best for you and for you alone. why are you worried that they would feel dissapointed who cares? as long as you serve your notice period and they give you a good reference. . . thats all !

the new job is offering 100k more than what you are earning. multiply that by 12. so you are basically 1.2 million naira better off in a year. that said, the added benefits from the company are also very good.

regarding the high cost of accommodation in abuja, i do know that the 'flat-share' option is very common in abuja. so, as long as you are single with no kids, you should consider sharing a flat with friends or colleagues until you save enough to move to your own apartment. besides, you never can tell what the future holds. you might end up getting another better job.

best of luck smiley

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice!!! N150k Job In Lagos Vs. N250k Job In Abuja. by Creamish(f): 4:01pm On Mar 26, 2013
uboma: @ op, congratulations on the new job. Accomodation in Abuja is actually high but it still depends on the location. Where is your new office located? Provide the location so we can properly advice if you can reside in the same area or somewhere close to ur office. As per being a night crawler, there is so much night fun in Abuja. As long as u have the money to spend, catching fun in the night wouldn't be a problem.

Exactly . . .d only thing u'll miss is the beach . . u'll get other things in Abuja. I had the same fear when i moved from Lag to Abuja and now . . .I dont even want to go back. grin

BTW . . forget about any emotional attachment with ur boss ooo. . . do what is best for you. As per accomodation, its cheaper to stay in places like Kubwa or Lugbe . . wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice!!! N150k Job In Lagos Vs. N250k Job In Abuja. by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 29, 2013
Hey God when will my story be like this oo? 4 years after graduation, the highest salary I have earned is 50k. When will I start earning 150-/600k or more. The people earning it get two heads. I no undestand again oo.

@Op, sorry me I no get better advice ni. I just come wail but sha the Abuja job make sense oo.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice!!! N150k Job In Lagos Vs. N250k Job In Abuja. by SCRIPTS: 10:15am On Apr 04, 2013
Try your new offer,u will never regret it.change is constant.whatelse are you waiting for??
Re: Please Advice!!! N150k Job In Lagos Vs. N250k Job In Abuja. by onyxay: 3:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
gbaky_floor:
Hey God when will my story be like this oo? 4 years after graduation, the highest salary I have earned is 50k. When will I start earning 150-/600k or more. The people earning it get two heads. I no undestand again oo.

@Op, sorry me I no get better advice ni. I just come wail but sha the Abuja job make sense oo.
GOD WILL ANSWER YOU,THE ROAD TO GREATNESS IS NOT SMOOTH BUT ONLY THE PERSISTENT WILL MAKE IT.
Re: Please Advice!!! N150k Job In Lagos Vs. N250k Job In Abuja. by BAKAREAAT(m): 1:13pm On Apr 05, 2013
it depends on what you want but this days it is advisable for one to quickly realise one's objective in time rather than waisting time How you married plus children .Please answer this first before I go ahead and again what do you want at this stage of your career?
Re: Please Advice!!! N150k Job In Lagos Vs. N250k Job In Abuja. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2013
You had better run to Abuja now if you know what's good for you. This same loyalty thing is what put me in my present condition now. Once they start owing you in your present place of work, run at any given chance!
Re: Please Advice!!! N150k Job In Lagos Vs. N250k Job In Abuja. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
onyxay: .
GOD WILL ANSWER YOU,THE ROAD TO GREATNESS IS NOT SMOOTH BUT ONLY THE PERSISTENT WILL MAKE IT.

Thanks dear for your kind words.

(1) (Reply)

Effective Communication Skills And Communicating Efficiently,professionally / Environmental Biology / Oil And Gas Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.