Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,417 members, 7,908,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 10:40 PM

Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? (11567 Views)

Can I Buy Shares With 5,000? / Please, How Do I Sell My Shares With First Bank / How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by nazzyon(m): 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2008
I am very sure that someone convinced the guy that in the matter of days, or weeks he will rip hundred percent.

OR

He first had a glance at daily report about stocks and saw shares on ther the petroleum sector gainng N12 or more in just one day.

So the bloke is convinced that he can go for the bumper harvest not knowing that he his entering into gau.

If you had bought GTB, UBA or may be Zenith you may have ripped something no matter how little it may be.

But with Transcorp you will have to wait till, I don't know how long sha.

Ask the league of the Transcorp IPO buyers; they will feed you on how to console yourself.

[center]PLEASE ALWAYS MAKE GOOD ENQUIRY ABOUT PITS BEFORE JUMPING INTO ONE[/center]
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by tpia: 7:27pm On Apr 16, 2008
@ OP:

I agree: sell the rest of your shares and get whatever is left of your money back. Find a way to make up the difference. It would be advisable to tell your parents, but its up to you. However, it would be better if you informed them and apologised.

next time, dont gamble with all of your money: sometimes the risk may not pay off. undecided

You could have bought the shares with your pocket money/allowance, not your school fees.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by suave: 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2008
congratulations muyi, you are on your way to becoming a millionaire. You took a big risk and it was risky not to take that risk. Thats not enough to discourage you, I'll advise you meet a stock broker to advise you it there's a possibility of it rising and if there isn't I'll advise you to sell it so you won't loose more. And if you don't need the money immediately, you could buy other shares. I love die hards like you muyi they inspire me, keep trying the more you fail the more you learn lessons even if you loose from these shares I think it is worth you didn't loose it afterall you just invested it in your knowledge. I don't think your parents would be angry with you, a reasonable parent should be happy you have a sense of investment many youths lack.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by nazzyon(m): 8:19pm On Apr 16, 2008
I heard on the news that TRanscorp is owing its NITEL workers 5 months salary arears. And right now the workers are on strike.

It affected me for some minutes because I didn't realise it not until I heard the news. I though my Internet service providers were the once f**king up.

Thanks to NEPA, I have made provisions for other 3 options should in case if such happens.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by SENATORJD(m): 9:19am On Apr 17, 2008
spikedcylinder:

I also bought 3 thousand units of their IPO and i havent even seen a certificate. I'm not even bothered! undecided
u sure?
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by chrisoml(m): 10:04am On Apr 17, 2008
@Poster, pls what happened to d services of stock brokers? I guess these r d ppl that would've advised u proper b4 ur dream venture gambling, just take heart & exercise sum patience men, maybe b4 d end of d yr an sure d stock would improve beta.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by allboyz(m): 11:15am On Apr 17, 2008
how far:

@poster

You just invested into Ota farms, where you don't get the rewards of investment.

lol
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2008
Bother about who constitutes an organisation b4 investing. I knew it not from a broker that daddy sokey did not buy any unit of transcorp shares. But he blindfolded some folks. Adverts work in Nigeria, they cover the shit of moribund setups. The telecommunication wing (NITEL) is nothing to subscribe. Workers there on strike. Criminals run things there and go scotfree. Sell off your goddamn shares and make it up for school fee.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by drealnoni(f): 6:52pm On Apr 17, 2008
Transcorp is a very bad buy, sell it will you can and cut your losses. if you hold unto it, you oly loss more.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by dee02(m): 7:56pm On Apr 17, 2008
That means you have given Obasanjo "the son of a bitch" your money
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by BabsO2(m): 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2008
Learn to drink garri with akara or ground nuts for break fast lunch and dinner and you would have saved the 50 k spent now. You are on a steep learning curve. Don't worry when Vodacom finally comes on board you will be throwing a party by xmas with chicken from Otta farms. cheesy
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by mimiko(f): 2:43am On Apr 18, 2008
trust me if u need ur money sell it now nad accept ur loss os else my dear u will have to wait a long time for u to make ur initial money back not even talking about interest unless ofcourse u can get access to money else where then u can leave it for ever,

if i may ask where have u been all these while,

goodluck ooooo
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by texazzpete(m): 9:17am On Apr 18, 2008
First thing first is to disregard the advice most of these 'Hey, i'm smarter than you!! Didn't buy Transcorp' people are giving.
You took a risk, and it didn't pay off. Thank your stars that you didn't lose too much and move on.

Why people like crowing at other people's missteps is beyond me.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by MyPeace(f): 9:40am On Apr 18, 2008
lf u need the money urgently, sell, if not u could wait a bit.  The market is generally bearish at the moment, but who knows, it could pick up any moment.

Remember! you didnt fail by this mistake, You only learnt how to do it better next time.  Keep investing!, but not with such money ok! tongue
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by krisendee(m): 11:36am On Apr 18, 2008
well sorry.next time DO NOT invest in a coy with no track record a'ight. its too politicized besides.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 18, 2008
How many time will we prayed for this family? The last time people of Plateau prayed for Obasanjo to get out of prison which God made happen in Adamawa, he got to Presidency and moved us to the prisons. What else can a human being and family possibly ask for?
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by Christino(m): 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2008
Maan, i salute your courage but the guy who sold it to you is a SHARP guy. Sorry, one of those things, win some, lose some. grin
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by oziomatv(m): 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2008
MyPeace:

lf u need the money urgently, sell, if not u could wait a bit. The market is generally bearish at the moment, but who knows, it could pick up any moment.

Remember! you didnt fail by this mistake, You only learnt how to do it better next time. Keep investing!, but not with such money ok! tongue
I think you're the only reasonable person in this thread, people who don't know much about a thing should not come in to lay their coward blames to who is learning to live. I'm a businessman, not all business come out profiting and there some mistakes in business that is not worth to tag stupidity. The schoolboy in question makes a brave attempt to know what it takes to be a man but some women in men clothing are crucifying him over their inability to give a trial for things.
@op,
My guy the danger in it may be your school fees that may not come out early but their may be a reverse trend if you feel like trading long into this particular stock. Don't feel it's the end of the road I remember my first trail I loose but after some point the stock started moving BULLISH.
Next time study the stock well before investing, check their past records, place a supporting and resisting line to know their lower lows and upper highs.
with this you know if they're a good stock to trade.
WE LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES.
ADVISE, DON'T GIVE UP AT FIRST FAILURE:
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by ephisi(m): 2:46pm On Apr 19, 2008
All you guys that like quick money. Why should you use ur school fees to buy shares, when its not forex you are trading. How much profit did u intend to make in a short while. You made a big mistake. My advise for u is if u need d money urgently, sell it now. if u dont then hold on to it. you didnt even reead about shares b4 inveting. pity u.

when i started trading shares, i bought nigerian brewries at 35naira, it fell to 25naira in a few weeks, but it later rallied to 70naira or so. u need to do ur homework well and stop wining
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by oziomatv(m): 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2008
Forex would have been the worst, if he trade long in forex and had a reverse trend that mean he has no hope of getting his money back. but shears he can expect another reverse trend to come out.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by OpeLovely(f): 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2008
Sorry, but you should have consulted a stockbroker or an accountant or someone xperienced and genuine to put you through. Transcorp shares are dead! and i don't advise anyone to buy despite the fact that they are cheap! I even think they are on technical suspension and unfortunately, no one will buy them from you.

Better luck next time.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by cgift(m): 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2008
wey the guy? he don faint? water dey flenty grin
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by ituen(m): 8:07am On Apr 22, 2008
@Poster

It'll keep going down till u weep.

My mum worked with M-Tel before it was sold and she even bought N1m worht of shares believing that the company will make waves.

My mum belived so much in NITEL that she turned down a job from Mobil when she started. Now she regrets it and will use her last ounce of blood to make sure her children dont work in government offices.

We all see that the company is a scam. Sell the remaining shares u have or forgo the money. Its not worth the while.

Personally, i dont see shares as the quickest way to make money cos u cant control that market.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by lermy(m): 1:13pm On Apr 22, 2008
Hello brov, hope say u don pay ur skool fees sha?coz thts the koko, well for the Transcorp issue, i myself neva see my certificate, if you can chill for it to enter the N4 mark, or if u've sttled ur fees, leave the guy alone and start studying the stocks, u never migth tell,

i say sorry gan ooooo cry
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by JeopardE(m): 6:22pm On Apr 22, 2008
Bought Transcorp with your school fees? Ahahahaha!

[img]http://blog.orly.ch/files/lolz-you-fail.jpg[/img]

OK, I apologize for that. Don't feel badly about yourself -- most of us who have investment experience have made a few horrible mistakes (I personally still loathe the day I decided to buy TMA at $15/share). I got out at $10, but still --

Yeah, the main thing is you've gotta know when to realize you're in a bad position, cut your losses and run. Get some real advice from a real professional, and then reevaluate your position.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by carmelily: 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2008
i bought two thousand units of transcorp shares during the IPO and i have received my certificate a long time ago (about 9 months ago). i have the confidence that it's going to be the hottest cake sometime in the distant future and i was ready to wait from day one, anyway.

However, i had enough money to spare on them when i bought those shares. i mean, why would anyone risk their SCHOOL FEES? and on TRANSCORP SHARES at this time i weak o. i honestly think it was a really, really stupid gamble. just go and beg your parents not to disown you, and learn your lesson. or faint go, make them carry your head recover their money grin
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by efosanice: 2:25pm On Apr 23, 2008
i bought too at 7:50 i would say you bought at the wrongest time and some one wiser than you sold them to you ,up till now transcorp still has problems with nitel and co and business fore them is bad any way i have my certificate.

Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by dee02(m): 6:01pm On Apr 23, 2008
You just bought a worthless piece of paper and imaginary investment,

You go halla becoz u go soak garri so-tay iya ijebu go run down

What were you thinking in the first place dude?!

I dont want to say much but it was a dumb move, i am sorry i have to shoot dat at u!
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by shoti(m): 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2008
well, ,a pity to you brother.you shouldn;t av spent your school fees on thing like that and in the other hand i respect u because u av mind of investment which is great.i tell u what!!!!.shares is like two edges sword that can make or break u.from experience i bought i share that yielded 100% within two weeks while i av also bought the one that i av lost money.ur risk has to be calculative.good luck
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by Nobody: 5:39am On Apr 25, 2008
I'm sorry, but what you did was DAFT. Your school fees? Whatever gave you such a STUPID idea

I bought Transcorp shares too for myself and my mom, but that was with part of one month's salary at work. And that was before I went to university. Granted they tanked, but I'd always felt that they would, and that's why I limited my total purchase to N14,000.

There's a reason why shares are called RISK capital you know, what, did you think you'd make a wild amount of money in a very short time? Seriously. We're probably the same age, and I know that investing can yield huge losses as well as returns, and so should you!

AND TO EVERYONE CONGRATULATING HIM: Granted, it is a lesson in business, but the reason people are pissed off with him is that he used his SCHOOL FEES.

********************Thou Shalt Not Bleep Around With Thy School Fees*************************
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by thebaft: 9:28am On Apr 27, 2008
I know someone who took a Zenith Bank loan and brought Transcorp shares worth 1.5 million naira. He told me that he was going to make a killing. He made a killing alright. He also killed himself. But then, I don't really blame you. This is actually the best time to buy Transcorp shares, if you are looking at a long term investment. The price is really low, from a peak of about N9 to a low of N3. This is actally how Warren Buffet made his money.
Re: Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? by Vuitton(m): 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2008
No advice for u tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Investing in Nigeria / New Design: Luxurious 4 Bedroom Duplex Design For A Plot Of Land / Step To Step: How To Start Liquid Soap Manufacturing Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.