Stats: 3,193,096 members, 7,949,783 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 06:51 PM

ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards (38058 Views)

FG Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2016/2017 - Apply Now / Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 / Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by thompson1510(m): 6:40am On Sep 05, 2013
yce1: any LADOKITE here pls
Bro, ama ladokite. I check my mail everyday. Inbox/spam. Nothing!!! Av u gotten any message? Wahala dey ooo. Aw ar we gonna contact Olabiyisi?(DSA). Call me on 07061310811.
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by faradexs09(m): 9:35am On Sep 05, 2013
@Thoyursea I ve seen d email too,dz is good,tanks 2 u all dt ve been keeping us abreast of infos...
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by Oppy16(f): 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
Just checkd my mail today and i saw d msg...hope its not too late replying after 2 days...
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by Oppy16(f): 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
yce1: pls help me out my Pple...
which email address are we to send our details to cos i couldn't find a specific email address to reply.. ill be glad if u can help me out on this...thumbs up
u should c a 'reply' option on d phone...u'll just reply directly...better still,check for d details of d sender...
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by Olsey: 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
Oppy16: Just checkd my mail today and i saw d msg...hope its not too late replying after 2 days...
The earlier you reply, the better.
Congrats.
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by Oppy16(f): 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
Olsey:
The earlier you reply, the better.
Congrats.
Thanks sir olsey, I actually received d mail on Tuesday but I wasn't aware cos I didn't check my mail... just replied today sha...
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by AmbCrux(f): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2013
CaseyCash: Pls is there any university that allow candidate to write postutme witot choosing dem as choice of uni in jamb and dat candidate dosn't apply for change of institute...pls kindly reply me wif the uni homies..some ppls nids help homies...

Yes, OOU Ago IWoye does.
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by Concept22: 6:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
Pls ooo,@ dt bank name column wt wil b dier is it d name of bank or persn name
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by Oppy16(f): 9:46am On Sep 06, 2013
Concept22: Pls ooo,@ dt bank name column wt wil b dier is it d name of bank or persn name
I think it's better to write both d bank name and d account name...
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by babsadewa(m): 12:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
Concept22: Pls ooo,@ dt bank name column wt wil b dier is it d name of bank or persn name
na the name of the bank: skye, wema or first
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by Samibkcom(m): 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
Cheers to everyone, I have sent my details to odua, thanks to this forum that has been keeping me updated
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by kavey10(m): 3:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
Greetings everyone, was I the only person here sent the email warning the 'shortlisted' against sending an account number which aint theirs? Check the previous page I said something about it earlier.
Seeing new monikers here, welcome y'all to the Thread of Champions!
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by Oppy16(f): 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
kavey10: Greetings everyone, was I the only person here sent the email warning the 'shortlisted' against sending an account number which aint theirs? Check the previous page I said something about it earlier.
I received it too...
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
kavey10: Greetings everyone, was I the only person here sent the email warning the 'shortlisted' against sending an account number which aint theirs? Check the previous page I said something about it earlier.
I received the email too..
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by kavey10(m): 11:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
@LogoDWhiz and @Oppy16, ok that's good to know. I hadn't been asked to send my details before then, so I used the opportunity to send mine. I guess they noticed the trend from the people they contacted before me, so they added that info for the newly contacted not to follow.
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
kavey10: @LogoDWhiz and @Oppy16, ok that's good to know. I hadn't been asked to send my details before then, so I used the opportunity to send mine. I guess they noticed the trend from the people they contacted before me, so they added that info for the newly contacted not to follow.
that's nice...
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by kavey10(m): 11:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
Guys, what say you if we shared our experience on the whole ODUA process, starting from how you got the info about the scholarship and how you've coped till now and also do some LITTLE introduction. I would have preferred we do this after getting paid BUT I trust my people, immediately money enter account una go scarce for this thread sharp sharp! LOL!
P.S: This is majorly for the future applicants to understand better, and maybe meet some new friends. So guests and observers of this thread sign up and join us.
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by Darey00(m): 11:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
Thank God am back on nairaland after a 2 week hiatus,nairaland frustrating my efforts in logging.. @kavey10, logodwhiz,oppy16 and newcomers here dat av bin contacted,i say congrats to us all.. Thompson,guess it depends on ur sch..i attend funaab,so it means dey'v sent our details 2 'em.. Brb @kavey10 on ur last post,maybe 2mrw i'l post my experience
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by kavey10(m): 12:02am On Sep 07, 2013
@Darey_00, yeah no probs bro. Will be expecting yours and others too. You guys would love my experience on that exam day! Chai man suffer sha. U.I babes ehn!
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by kavey10(m): 12:57am On Sep 07, 2013
I'll go first guys...
My moniker is kavey10, and I'm a student of UNIBEN. I got to know about the Odua Scholarship through Mr. Olsey's wonderful and informative website which is www.scholarship-nigeria.com(God bless you sir). I applied late, I think it was 5 days to go.
I came on Nairaland to get gists on the matter by fellow applicants and it served me well, never knew it would be a journey that would stretch for monthsssss...
I successfully applied then came the shortlisting(e no long sha, I think a month) for the exam, peeps asked bout how the exam was going to be like and MR OLSEY made a valid comment on what to study(refer to that page), I held on to that tip, I had been studying my bros' GMAT before then, I also had a spellings, synonyms and antonyms etc book I composed myself, I add new words to it too(to refresh brain na). More to come...
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by kavey10(m): 2:21am On Sep 07, 2013
The date fixed for the exam was good for me, we just resumed, so I used the opportunity to journey to U.I (for the 1st time, nice school I must say, neat and organised but a girl gave me a bad image of their girls' attitude, more on this later).

I made sure to read about the company's info on their site i.e history, projects etc. I was so impressed with what they were doing it encouraged me to want to be part of them by making sure I did well in the exam and be AN ODUA BOY a.k.a OMOLUABI.

I got to my venue early though BUT they started LATE!!(I still remember that painful wait though it was due to sorting people[late comers] out sha).
The exam started but people STILL ARRIVED LATE even with the extended time(very bad habit), some peeps weren't lucky to enter sha. They told us to dress corporate some people dey wear Ankara come write exam, kai! I laugh tire ehn. Na corporate be that?

THE EXAM WAS, IS THE TOUGHEST IN MY LIFE TILL THIS PRESENT TIME I WRITE THIS. CHAI! ODUA UNA TRY!
Time was the enemy! So much to do but little time. I remember counting those numbers, one mistake and you start again painfully, your determination and concentration is key, don't lose it!! My best part was the E.I.D, can't remember the name clearly, but it was the one that dealt on ones personality.

Though, my mind was fixed on the exam, I was also trying to spot a 'fine girl' I could 'chat' with before leaving the venue. I succeeded in spotting two, one nearby, the other at the front row(I dey back dey observe them as dem dey sidon). Sadly, when the exam ended people dispersed anyhow and ANGER AND TIREDNESS was written on EVERYONE'S FACE! A guy was not so lucky, one of the invigilators tore his paper because he DISOBEYED instructions (submit your paper now! ODUA doesn't take such things likely, that is un-omoluabi-like from the guy).

I was able to talk with just one of my targets, a U.I chic, she makes sense no be small. I asked her for her name she responded well, I don dey get hope, she asked of my school of which I told her. I'll remember this sentence she said forever! The convo between me and her was like this.
U.I chic: "what school are you in?"
kavey10: "UNIBEN"
U.I chic: "IS IT WORTH IT?"(i.e is it worth it for me to journey all the way from Benin City to U.I for just #100,000). I was shocked and bound in thought for a second, what kind of dumb, pompous girl is this? Didn't she come for the same exam too? As if they forced her to come and write the exam.
I asked for her number she just said a sharp "NO", and walked off, I just stood there and watched her go leaving me in a state of bewilderment. I just gather myself to journey back to school, no time. I looked that proud girl's name up when shortlisting started she no even get the award last last. I wish I could show her now how it worths it in every sense! Hahahaha! Pay back is a biatch! I rest for now guys. Till Later, post your experience too ASAP. Thread of Champions!!

P.S: I don't mind meeting a 'fine girl' here too ooo!

Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by Oppy16(f): 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
lmao.... kavey's account was so funny.. .na babe u go find for exam hall...but seriously, were u expecting her to give u her no
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by Oppy16(f): 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
lemme be the next to write...
my moniker is oppy16 and I school in OAU...
I wasn't interested in scholarship stuffs until a friend (I do call him my schooldad ) started pestering me to apply for scholarships... I was talking with a mutual friend of ours one day,and I asked her how much was being paid... when she told me,I was like "wow, I can actually add this to what I do get from home and use d money to do useful things "...since then, I became interested in scholarship 'tinz'....
I had earlier applied for agbami and chevron scholarships but I wasn't lucky.
A friend told me about total scholarship and odua scholarship too but I had planned on applying for total alone... anyway, when I got to d cafe, I applied for total's but when I was through wt it,I realised I still had time left so I decided to apply for odua's too instead of frolicking wt d remaining time... I had completely forgotten about it until a fateful day when I checked my mail and I saw that I had received a mail from funto faluyi... I was still wondering who funto faluyi was until I opened it and saw that it was actually from odua... d only thing that came to my mind was "mehn, God is wonderful o...how come I was selected
to write d exam when I never planned on applying before? "
d date set for d exam wasn't favourable cos I wrote tests throughout that week and 2 of my lecturers wanted to teach us on that same Saturday .These lecturers are so *** that they could just take attendance anytime so I had to go and c them about it. D first one said he was OK wt it while d second one instructed me to write a formal letter(mehn, so much for odua's 100k o)...I didn't prepare or read anything cos I had tests to write in school (na scholarship own I go come put for head abi?)
A day before d exam(Friday precisely ),when I was through wt lectures,.I waited to read a little in d e-library before going back to my room... I had planned to withdraw from d ATM on my way back... to my surprise, when I got to d ATM, it wasn't dispensing... I almost cried cos I should av gone to d bank since it was nearer to my faculty but I thought d one in white house would b working.... when I got to d bank, d ATM too was not working and d bank had closed for d day since it was Friday... I was so sad ehnn ....I later borrowed money from a roommate.wt a promise to pay her once I was able to withdraw ....
on Saturday, I was able to get there around past 8(I had browsed and crammed d names of d founder and administrators of d investment group on my way to Ibadan...lol).not quite long after then, we were checked in...I waited and waited, there were no signs of writing d exam yet so I slept for about one hour...
around past 11:30 or so,we were given d exam papers... omo, see questions... u needed to b sharp to b able to answer them...I looked around d hall, everyone had his/her head bent counting nos.... it wasn't funny at all...I skipped that analytical part and went back to it later.... omo it wasn't easy at all... that verbal part wey get grammar na oleku... those engrishes ehn, only God knows where they got d questions from... after d exam,boiz were not smiling o...
June 23rd came and I was grooving on nairaland when I saw posts by some people claiming to have passed d exam, I tried to check if I passed or not but I couldn't get d link to download d file... I was able to get d link at night after pestering ppl on ds wall...after downloading d file, I opened it and was still about scrolling to d bottom to check if I would b lucky to make it to top 40 who passed when I saw that I was d 2nd on d list... I screamed ehn.....
I'ld like to appreciate sir olsey and y'all for d info u shared here wc really helped me...
ds is d end of my story... c y'all at d top!
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by Oppy16(f): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2013
kavey10: @oppy16, you can still modify your post if you feel unsatisfied. Very refreshing experience from you. Wow, you were second spot in your state! Impressive.
Thanks dear,I've modified it....
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by kavey10(m): 3:06pm On Sep 07, 2013
@oppy16, you can still modify your post if you feel unsatisfied. Very refreshing experience from you. Wow, you were second spot in your state! Impressive.
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by kavey10(m): 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
Oppy16: lmao.... kavey's account was so funny.. .na babe u go find for exam hall...but seriously, were u expecting her to give u her no

Get her number? Yes of course nah! I'm a guy of business before pleasure, so having the side attraction wasn't bad. The confidence was there, I asked politely and the convo was good, though now I know she faked the whole scene sha, fake girl oshi! LMAO.
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by AmbCrux(f): 4:55pm On Sep 07, 2013
I think I should share mine also.
My moniker is AmbCrux. Real name Ogunleye Omolaraeni.
I got the info via two colleagues in school about some days to deadline. As at that time, my bb was faulty, so a day to closure or so, I used a friend's fone and used one of my digital pictures that I wasn't smiling in it as passport(thank God I had one).
FuNny enough, none of my informants were shortlisted.
I had to go to Ibadan at my Uncle's to pass the night.
To cut the long story short, I've written two professional exams in medical school(oouth) alongside several incourses(uncountable), I HAVE NEVER LEFT THE EXAM HALL DRENCHED IN SWEAT. I saw a seniour colleague and another classmate of mine after the exam and we were just mute. Infact I later learnt the CBN Building wasn't the only exam hall. I was like "God knows best".
I got back to school(sagamu) that day praying to God to help and all.
Sometimes in June, I asked google when odua was gonna release result only for me to found out nairaland had something about it.
I saw the links and downloaded for all the states. On opening for Ekiti, I just saw my name topping the list. I went blank, closed it and re-opened it. It was then I realised I didn't need my glasses.
Anyways, to God be the Glory o.
This is the 1st scholarship am winning.
Infact, when I went to Ekiti for attestation, I found out I had won last year's Ekiti scholarship also.
Guys, it's been God.I owe it to him, and thanks to Olsey. I love u alrdy. Lolz.
I had to go re-activate my dormant skye bank acct sef when I got the email to send bank details from Dr Alonge...*cantwatch*
Thanks guys.
That's my Odua Story o.
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by Oppy16(f): 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2013
kavey10:

Get her number? Yes of course nah! I'm a guy of business before pleasure, so having the side attraction wasn't bad. The confidence was there, I asked politely and the convo was good, though now I know she faked the whole scene sha, fake girl oshi! LMAO.
Lol...she could b a nerd,u know..
u b sharp guy *winks*
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by Oppy16(f): 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
so ambcrux z a lady... that's good to know.... our oga at d top...
Re: ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards by kavey10(m): 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
Oppy16:
Lol...she could b a nerd,u know..
u b sharp guy *winks*

Nerd ke? Why she no kon make am? I'm an Ondo State Boy by the way. Thanks oppy16. *blushing*

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply)

Waec 2012/2013 : Yet Another Mass Failure Recorded- Here Is The ... / UNN Students Punished, For Not Wearing Departmental Uniform (Photo) / Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73