Stats: 3,201,753 members, 7,979,572 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 11:53 AM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (584655 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 11, 2015
Chibenze:

And what if the owner of the later as u said, is not interested to buy the domain, what happens? You get stock with a domain u may never sell?

atleast you should have abt 5 related endusher end user u can contact b4 purchasing d name

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 11, 2015
oladayo042:
If you use GoDaddy, there will be a small downward-facing arrow in front of all your domain names under 'My Domains.' Click on that arrow and select 'Set Nameservers.' GoDaddy and Afternic will supply you with what you should put in those boxes, usually NS1.AFTERNIC.COM AND NS2.AFTERNIC.COM for Afternic.
well done bros, too much of repetitive questions has driven a lot of pple frm this thread.
More greece grease to You elbows cheesy
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 10:55am On Apr 11, 2015
[quote author=madridfc post=32580922][/quote] wow. oga mikel longtime, how things now?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 11:11am On Apr 11, 2015
Hey guys,

I am very sorry for not responding to questions posted here over the week. I just got a job and now spend a chunk of my time at work.

I will answer as many questions as I can over the weekend and I implore others (madridfc, 2sex, Chibenze, etc) to visit here more often.

Thank you.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by iwatch: 12:36pm On Apr 11, 2015
There is a lesson in this.

Domainers, especially newcomers, are too focused on certain metrics like search volume, and throwing figures around as if they were some sort of magic formula.
But they don't pay enough attention to the brandability of the domain. I have found that brandability is a very important factor in domain sales because end users buy domains for business ventures and domains that are rather unique are sought after. It also explains why many sales are unpredictable.

Domains don't sell just because because they have some metrics.
Even if they do, that doesn't mean they are brandable, fit for advertising or suitable for business cards. BeautifulFlowers is a domain that meets these criteria.

I never look at the metrics when I buy a domain. The domain must first look good to the eye (and the ear).
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 12:37pm On Apr 11, 2015
mintyx:
Please i need useful to this...

I registered this domain qasa.info sometime last year and its expiring now.

I registered it in mind of this electronics company QASA that make household electronics.

I noticed they are offshoot if Q-link company and still making use of Q-link website and are yet to even buy qasa.com.

Im thinking, based on all these whether i should still go ahead and renew the domain or let it off??

please i need valuable contributions to these..
If this is the only reason you want to renew the name, please don't renew it.

If they feel the need for a website, they'll naturally go for the .com first.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 12:44pm On Apr 11, 2015
Treasure28:
Please, what is the cost of listing your domain name on those auction sites for flipping?
Listing on Afternic, GoDaddy Premium, Sedo, and Bodis is free while Flippa charges $9 to list a domain and GoDaddy Auctions require a $5 annual membership fee.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 12:50pm On Apr 11, 2015
chinedulivingstone:
Oladeyo how can I get a bank statement because sedo send me a mail about opening account back look at what the send for me. In order for us to process the reactivation of the Sedo account, please  also send a proof of your postal address (bank statement, utility bill addressed to you and dated in last 6 months) to security@sedo.com. pls help me I did understan wat that min by postal address
Just send them your valid ID (Driver's Licence, Intl Passport, or National ID Card) and a PHCN bill that contains the same address you used when registering. They will reopen your account.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 12:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
NAPPIE:

please I want to ask few question (novice)

• is it possible to sell domain to someone without Godaddy account.

• please how can one go about it.

Yes, you can sell a domain to someone without a GoDaddy account. GoDaddy is only one out of the hundreds of domain registrars available. Anybody with an account with any other registrar can make a transfer request for your domain name registered at GoDaddy. After supplying the 'auth code' and accepting the transfer, GoDaddy will transfer the name to the other registrar.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
Usiyaro:
@oladayo042 do you still use legalwealth for your PayPal transactions? Sent him mails n no reply, tried whatsapping him n no reply.... Calling him no picks(or am I calling, emailing a wrong contact?) , dis dude very busy ooo how do u make contact with him when you have an urgent transaction via PayPal?(please share contact) What's his PayPal email address and when payment is done how will he know the money he received is mine?
Please ensure that you talk to him before using his paypal email to receive any fund. You can also reach him on Skype - @Presegs
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by mintyx(m): 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2015
oladayo042:
If this is the only reason you want to renew the name, please don't renew it.

If they feel the need for a website, they'll naturally go for the .com first.

Noted oladayo
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
SirChotas:

Please, which is more important for Google indexing: exact matches for keyword or current web traffic?

Would forexample.com be more highly ranked than eg.com because it contains the keywords 'for' and 'example' even though they both have the same services, and eg.com has more web traffic?
I am sorry but this question is above my pay grade. This is purely a SEO question, an area where I'm not well versed.

Nonetheless, from all of the Google updates and blogs that I've read, content is king when it comes to ranking and authority backlinks help greatly.

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 11, 2015
@oladayo.....congrats on ur new job....#more blessings ahead.
thanks alot for taking time to answer questions posed by newbies...I'm sure many of us observing from d sides have learnt quite alot from ur responses....
ur input on these is greatly appreciated......

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by islet(f): 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2015
@ I watch. You are right on point. I am a disciple of that too. If you know Brand bucket, they do not accept just keyworded domains. You have to be able to put some imagery or brand behind it. If I were a buyer I would definitely pick skinnypocket.com over i4gx0.com cos apart from traffic I don't understand what can be done with the latter. I buy domain names that speak to me. They are names that paints a picture in your brain when u hear it. Even if they don't sell right now, no stress. I got a whole year to save for renewals. If I design one website here, it's 2000 usd. I will continue to get brandable names jor. And @ 2sex I am on my own. Although that tells me nothing @ OYO well I'm used to opinions like yours. Lol
@ oladayo congrats on the new job. Good to have you back. You are good at carrying people along and for that you are very much appreciated. Jah bless.

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
Oladayo God bless you abeg. 2sex doesn't even act lyk he sees our questions. I know we don't pay him, buh its quite unfair.. Anyway please I joined the godaddy auction stuff, and was asked to chose my means of payment between paypal and good as gold. Bros I av paypal buh its nigeria account. Please what do I do
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
fighal:
Oladayo God bless you abeg. 2sex doesn't even act lyk he sees our questions. I know we don't pay him, buh its quite unfair.. Anyway please I joined the godaddy auction stuff, and was asked to chose my means of payment between paypal and good as gold. Bros I av paypal buh its nigeria account. Please what do I do
Dude, when I started.... I did more reading than asking questions.

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 10:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
I see a lot of folks brainstorming and running off to register the first thing that comes to their mind just because it sound so "cool" to them. Worse still is to limit themselves as if Nigeria is their targeted market.

A few moments ago, I pickup Hook Up City dot com

What do you think about that or what does it tell you about herself smiley ? I am sure I do not need to explain what this domain stand for before you subconsciously know what it means. This the hallmark of a good miner as he is able to pick gold. A good domain explain itself without further introduction by the owner, but intricately woven with commercial appeal and usability.

Let's take a closer look at some hypothetical scenarios.

1. Jane the CEO of Hook Up City dot com, the foremost and leading dating site on the web.

2. Keith- You two look great together. Where did you meet?

Sharon-- Oh yeah, he is awesomeness personified in all ramification. We met at a dinner organized at Hook Up City dot com for single guys.

3. Here is my card. Send an email to Jane@Hook Up City dot com

From the above, you can clearly see the business side of this domain name, its brandability and marketability. By extension, we can head over to dnpric.es and see if there are past sales for the tern " HookUp"

See attached screenshot for reference(s)

However, this does not in anyway guarantee that my Hook Up City dot com will sell at the end of the day, but it's strong indication of a possibility which shouldn't come as a surprise eventually. And if the probability is zero, then we can assume that I wasn't lucky with no blame on my part because I know I have done my job which tend to potential success.

Basically, it comes down to research. I virtually research everything domain because doing so ensure a success probability of events of 1 in most cases.

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by legalwealth(m): 10:33pm On Apr 11, 2015
Usiyaro:
@oladayo042 do you still use legalwealth for your PayPal transactions? Sent him mails n no reply, tried whatsapping him n no reply.... Calling him no picks(or am I calling, emailing a wrong contact?) , dis dude very busy ooo how do u make contact with him when you have an urgent transaction via PayPal?(please share contact) What's his PayPal email address and when payment is done how will he know the money he received is mine?

Please mail me via info@ijamsolution.com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 10:53pm On Apr 11, 2015
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Activityj(m): 11:42pm On Apr 11, 2015
I'm seeing some bad domains here! Please our new comers try and be up and doing,read&read until you know one or two things! Is not just coming here and see some few domain sales price& you immediately head to estibot and input one conjoin domain and it shows $240! You go ahead and register it. Bro/sir it doesn't work that way! Give value,buy what is saleable&and know what is trending. If you don't adhere to rules of this industry you will continue to enrich the registrars at the end of the day when they call you to renew your domain for $8-12 dollars your name will become usain bolt. GOD bless our nation!

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Geeky(f): 12:13am On Apr 12, 2015
@ActivityJ. Instead of just generalizing and saying you are seeing bad domains, point the domains out, share why you think they are bad, how to improve, if possible give an example of a domain of yours. That way we all will learn. All you just typed above has not practical advantage or lesson without examples, or explanations. Same with 2sex 2sexy etc. Pick out the domains and give good advice. No be fight, quarrel or competition.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Geeky(f): 1:04am On Apr 12, 2015
2sex abeg whats the name of the website where you showed us a screenshot of. I mean the hookup city example. I know you wisely hid it but i need it o! please share. Thanks in advance.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 7:30am On Apr 12, 2015
Geeky:
2sex abeg whats the name of the website where you showed us a screenshot of. I mean the hookup city example. I know you wisely hid it but i need it o! please share. Thanks in advance.
NameDroppers dot com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Tekkyboy(m): 7:36am On Apr 12, 2015
hahaaaaaaaa laughing in german
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 8:22am On Apr 12, 2015
oladayo042:
NameDroppers dot com
NO, it's not name droppers bro. You see it was clearly written up there in my post, unfortunately, she didn't read but was quick to attack me in the post .
Geeky:
@ActivityJ. Instead of just generalizing and saying you are seeing bad domains, point the domains out, share why you think they are bad, how to improve, if possible give an example of a domain of yours. That way we all will learn. All you just typed above has not practical advantage or lesson without examples, or explanations. Same with 2sex 2sexy etc. Pick out the domains and give good advice. No be fight, quarrel or competition.

But she wasn't quick to read here
2sex:

From the above, you can clearly see the business side of this domain name, its brandability and marketability. By extension, we can head over to dnpric.es and see if there are past sales for the tern " HookUp"
See attached screenshot for reference(s)

However, this does not in anyway guarantee that my Hoo kUp City--com will sell at the end of the day, but it's strong indication of a possibility which shouldn't come as a surprise eventually. And if the probability is zero, then we can assume that I wasn't lucky with no blame on my part because I know I have done my job which tend to potential success.
Basically, it comes down to research. I virtually research everything domain because doing so ensure a success probability of events of 1 in most cases.

SO, WHOSE FAULT IS IT?

I wrote a lengthy post after the Hook Up City---com explanation detailing the reason for my new attitude on here which has been lost and courageous effort to revive that same person as was the case in Jan 2013 when this thread was created has been futile. But after a second thought, I deleted it and replaced it with a smile emoticon.

Oladayo, you dey try abeg.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 8:25am On Apr 12, 2015
tony23, I am still waiting for your question here.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Usiyaro(m): 11:15am On Apr 12, 2015
Tanx @2sex, dnpric.es is very helpful, it's indeed a guide to our treasure
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Usiyaro(m): 11:15am On Apr 12, 2015
Tanx @2sex, dnpric.es is very helpful, it's indeed a guide to our treasure
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by islet(f): 12:02pm On Apr 12, 2015
Thanks 2sexylicious. My fault. Eyeball issues I guess. I will buy you a bottle of beer later. Oladayo thanks too.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
islet:
Thanks 2sexy. I will buy you a bottle of beer later. Oladayo thanks too.
lol... sorry ma'am. I don't drink alcohol smiley Thanks all the same.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by islet(f): 12:20pm On Apr 12, 2015
Domain name na ur beer na!

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Activityj(m): 5:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
@geeky thanks for your write up! I repeat my self keep on reading until you understand the terrain you are in for you to excel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50