Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,764 members, 7,875,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:06 AM

North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA (25339 Views)

WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! / Rockets Fired From Gaza In To Israel As Obama Visits / Israel Bombs Sudanese Rockets Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by loswhite(m): 3:31pm On Mar 30, 2013
Mahatma Ghandi: russia and china are too wise to partake in any form of confrontation, be it nuclear or non nuclear. what we see happening is a game of chess been played by the world super powers in a battle for supremacy at the expense of the under developed and developing countries (i know some will argue that china is a developing country), russia and china will encourage the likes of syria, north korea and co to go against the US so that the US can have multiple wars on different fronts, if they can manipulate that into happening they will just sit back and send arms to the small nations not because they want to help them but because they want to weaken the US,by the time the US comes out of those wars china and russia and other aspiring world powers will be in a far better position that the US both militarily and other wise to become world power, this is a game the US knows too well, they played a different version of it in the disintegration of the soviet union, trust me the US, russia and china will not go into any form of wars, libya should serve as an eye opener, china and russia backed out, the US used the long spoon approach, because they all know the penalty of going into a war. which ever world power that manages to stay out of WW3 will be the world power for a long time to come and they are all trying to be that country, this is my view though, correct me if i am wrong.
very correct but anti Americans are js criticizing as if it was a communist nation they will not do the same to protect their interest. So imagin ur father is the present CEO and other ppl are aspiring CEO won't ur father do wat is necessary to stay in power or he should be a coward and js okay I handover to Una I no want problem
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by loswhite(m): 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2013
obadiah777: ANYONE SUPPORTING THE USA HAS A NUKE WITH THEIR NAME WRITTEN ALL OVER IT. THIS BATTLE IS SPIRITUAL. THIS IS THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON TALKED ABOUT IN REVELATION CHAPTER 16 AND THE BOOK OF JOEL CHAPTER 3. NOW IF YOU ARE SUPPORTING AMERICA IT MEANS YOUR NAME IS NOT WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE WRITTEN FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD ( MEANING THE LORD KNEW FROM THE START THOSE WHO WOULD MAKE IT AND THOSE WHO WOULDNT WILL BE WORSHIPPING THE GREAT SATAN USA BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT OFF THE LORD. SEE IF YOU ARE ON USA SIDE, YOU ARE NOT IN THE BOOK OF LIFE.

REVELATION 13 7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
<<<< BELIEVE IT OR NOT THAT IS TALKING ABOUT THE ROMAN EMPIRE ( THE FOURTH BEAST ) ( USA AND EUROPE ). IF YOU FIND YOURSELF SUPPORTING THE USA THEN YOU DID NOT MAKE THE CUT AND THEIR IS A NUKE SOMEWHERE WITH YOUR NAME ON IT. ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS WAIT FOR YOUR NUKE WHEN THIS WAR HEATS UP
so ur bible tells u that Russia and china are the ones written in the book of life abi. Smh... Mumu
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by cap28: 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2013
loswhite: u talk as if u r the Chinese president because u did some little research. Trust me u don't knw so much china needs America js as much as America needs china. The new president of china said it himself. The situation is very complex so not until u sit on the chair my guy will never really knw

america is bankrupt - fact

47million americans are on food stamps - fact

the bulk of US manufacturing jobs have been outsourced to china and other far east asian countries - fact

those jobs will never come back to the US - fact

all of the above have contributed to the decline of the US economy, therefore the US is currently in a position where it will never generate enough income to pay off its debts and its creditors know this - fact.

there is no other way out for america other than to go to war.

china is one of america's largest creditors and she knows that to continue to trade with america will spell doom for her economic advancement hence her plan to exit from the dollar once and for all - take a look at the BRICS countries - take a look at what they are planning - they all want out of the US dollar because they know america's days of glory are over.

the US ultimately will have to go to war with china and russia in order to preserve her economic dominance but this will lead to a thermonuclear confrontation which may end civilisation as we know it , but the sociopaths who run washington are so desperate to hang on to power that they are willing to sacrifice millions of lives in order to retain their position of economic and political dominance.

2 Likes

Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2013
loswhite: so ur bible tells u that Russia and china are the ones written in the book of life abi. Smh... Mumu
YES RUSSIA IS KNOWN AS 'GOG'. AMERICA IS BABYLON. IRAN IS MEDES OR PERSIA. CHINA IS MOAB. ARABS ARE ISHMAELITES. JAPANESE ARE AMMONITES. ETHIOPIANS AND SOMALIANS AND ERRITREANS AND HAUSAS AND FULANIS ARE HAMITES. NEGROS ARE ISRAELITES. CAUCASIANS ARE EDOMITES
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by loswhite(m): 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2013
citizenisb: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/9960933/North-Korea-plan-to-attack-US-mainland-revealed-in-photographs.html

The images show a chart marked "US mainland strike plan" and missile trajectories that the NK News web site estimates terminate in Hawaii, Washington DC, Los Angeles and Austin, Texas.
did u read ur link @ all
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by cap28: 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2013
loswhite: did u read ur link @ all

propagandist bull sh..it

do you remember iraq and the western corporate media's claim that they had missiles that could reach europe within 45 minutes of being launched?

its time to grow up and stop listening to bull sh,,it and lies.

what about Qadaffi and the western media's claim that he had chemical weapons?

its time to wake up and stop allowing yourself to be bamboozled by the western corporate media.
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by true2god: 6:32pm On Mar 30, 2013
obadiah777: YES RUSSIA IS KNOWN AS 'GOG'. AMERICA IS BABYLON. IRAN IS MEDES OR PERSIA. CHINA IS MOAB. ARABS ARE ISHMAELITES. JAPANESE ARE AMMONITES. ETHIOPIANS AND SOMALIANS AND ERRITREANS AND HAUSAS AND FULANIS ARE HAMITES. NEGROS ARE ISRAELITES. CAUCASIANS ARE EDOMITES
What r u saying guy? Can u prove wat u have been writing since? Im a xtain but i dnt knw where u get all these frm.
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by loswhite(m): 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
obadiah777: ERMMM YOU AINT SURVIVING THIS ONE IF YOU ARE STILL THERE. NOT A SINGLE FLESH WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA. NOW I KNOW SO MANY OF YOU COME OUT OF YOUR OWN VAIN OPINIONS ABOUT WHO IS STRONGER AND WHO IS GOING TO WIN. NOW WHILE I UNDERSTAND THAT SO MANY OF YOU ARE ATHEISTS, I DONT CARE. THE BIBLE IS THE AUTHORITY AND HOW THE WW3 WILL PAN OUT IS OUTLINED IN THE BIBLE IN GREAT DETAILS. AND LET ME TELL YOU HOW
1- IRAN ( ALSO CALLED MEDES OR PERSIA ) WILL PROVOKE AMERICA BY REJECTING THE DOLLAR AND LEADING A GROUP OF NATIONS ( RUSSIA AND CHINA ) AWAY FROM THE DOLLAR THEREBY TRYING TO CRIPPLE THE AMERICAN DOLLAR AND ECONOMY ( YOU CAN READ THIS IN ISAIAH CHPT 13 AND HABBAKUK CHPT 2 )

2-TRYING TO GET TO IRAN IS WHAT AMERICA IS DOING BY ATTACKING SYRIA. SYRIA IS THE BACKDOOR TO IRAN.

3-BEFORE SYRIA FINALLY CRUMBLES CHINA RUSSIA AND NORTH KOREA WILL START BLASTING ON ISRAEL AND AMERICA. THIS IS WHEN THE WAR HEATS UP ( READ ABOUT THIS IN EZEKIEL 38 AND 39 ) ( JOEL 3 )

4-THE EUROZONE ARE GOING TO BE NEUTRAL LIKE THE BEEYATCH THAT THEY ARE STRATEGICALLY GAUGING WHO IS WINNING THE WAR AND WHICH SIDE TO JOIN ( OPPORTUNISTIC )

5-THE EUROZONE SEES THAT AMERICA IS GETTING ALMOST DESTROYED SO THEY JOIN RUSSIA IRAN AND CHINA AND START BLASTING ON AMERICA ( READ THIS IN REVELATION 17TH CHAPTER AND 18TH CHAPTER )

6-ALL NATIONS IN THE WORLD WHO HAVE NUKES FIRE ON AMERICA. IT BECOMES THE WORLD VS AMERICA. AMERICA IS LIQUIFIED NOT A SINGLE SOUL SURVIVES AND THOSE WHO ARE LEFT IN THE WORLD JUBILATE WHEN AMERICA IS DESTROYED. WHEN THIS IS ALL OVER ALL MAJOR CITIES IN THE WORLD WOULD BE DESTROYED. AMERICA WILL BE ON FIRE FOR A LONG TIME. ABOUT 5 BILLION PEOPLE DEAD. THE ONLY PLACE LEFT VIRTUALLY RELATIVELY UNTOUCHED IS AFRICA ( THE HOME OF THE BIBLICAL ISRAELITES ).

7-NOW THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WHO SURVIVED FROM OTHER NATIONS WILL GANG UP AND TRY TO TAKE OVER THE LAND OF AFRICA BECAUSE EVERY OTHER NATION WILL BE LEFT INHABITABLE AND DESTROYED.

8-SO THEY WOULD COME AGAINST AFRICANS BUT BY THIS TIME THEIR SUPERIOR WEAPONRY HAD BEEN DESTROYED WHEN THEY ALL NUKED EACH OTHER. NO MORE SUPERIOR WEAPONRY. THIS WOULD BE A PHYSICAL BATTLE. MAN TO MAN COMBAT

9-AFRICANS WOULD DOMINATE AND WHOOP THEIR BUTTS BUT MILLIONS OF AFRICANS WOULD BE KILLED IN THE BATTLE ( ZECHERIAH CHPT 13 ). THOSE WHO SURVIVE WOULD PUT THE OTHER NATIONS WHO SURVIVED IN SLAVERY TO REBUILD THE WORLD AND USHER IN THE RIGHTEOUS ERA ON EARTH.

10-AND FINALLY, WE ARE NOT AFRICANS. OUR TRUE IDENTITY WOULD BE REVEALED. WE ARE THE BIBLICAL ISRAELITES. WE ARE THE PEOPLE OF THE BOOK. AND THAT WOULD BE THE END OF TRIBULATION. ALL THE EVIL AMONGST OUR PEOPLE WOULD BE DESTROYED IN THIS PROCESS AND ALL THE EVIL PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. SEE ALL THIS TIME YALL THOUGHT THE BIBLE WAS A FAIRYTALE BOOK. LOL.
chai u cum forum come demonstrate ur poor understanding of the bible or ur own bible wen u write
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by Forester45(m): 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
bookface:

North Korea has more than a million man standing military, you cannot underestimate the power of numbers.

China is only regarded as a superpower because it's got 3million man standing military and it's nuclear asernals, not because it owns any superior technological fighting power!

Again, you cannot underestimate the power of numbers. Unleashing one million soldiers across the borders into the south can do a lot of damage, not to America of course!
. What does it take the US to destroy 1million soldiers? Is it hell fire missiles from drones, or B2 stealth bombers, cruise missiles frm destroyers?, or F-16s, F-35s with precision guided misiles? Think of it.
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by lawizle(m): 9:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
wise_many2k:

Every war starts wit d firing of 1 singe missile....I just pray dat dis crazy blood tasty demons wait till I die @ a ripe age of 85yrs b4 dey contemplate any war of dis magbitude on earth! I no fit run! In fact, where I wan run go? undecided

Dey gon nuke yur sorry ar.se. grin
wise_many2k:

Every war starts wit d firing of 1 singe missile....I just pray dat dis crazy blood tasty demons wait till I die @ a ripe age of 85yrs b4 dey contemplate any war of dis magbitude on earth! I no fit run! In fact, where I wan run go? undecided

Dey gon nuke yur sorry ar.se.
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by loswhite(m): 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2013
hizzyairtel: Sitting by & watching every1 commenting.. . ....

If NK should strike the allies of the USA like canada nd germany will react bt dnt 4get that other countries that neva wantd the USA like iraq, bnd some western countries wil use dat opportunity.

Many still underate NK, dn't be suprisd the NK has the most powerful nuclear reactor, though if it all begins, bth sides would av casualties bt as 4 me enuf of al dis braging by d usa, they av taken war 2 other countries bt dis tym we wnt give in
One thing is nt right here.., did u eva think why D B-2 bomber droped their munitions on Skorea, they knw skorea nd nkorea are nt at peace. This time they want to use the south against d north, motherfuckers.......

Based on intelligence the Nkorean has just cleared an Iraqi stealth fighter to land on its millitary camp, dnt b suprised dat oda countries like afghan might join the NK soon. The NK & IRAQ are wt strong nuclear capabilities, i only pity american citizens.

As 4 me i support NK
iraq has nuclear capabilities!Which planet u cum frm com?
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by Andyforte: 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2013
I am tired of North Korean and their rubbish. They successful test nuclear explosion and now they are feeling like they have arrived. They don't even have the capability to mount weaponized nuclear material on a warhead, they can't even deliver weapons further than their neighbors yard. They r jus like making noise like those useless touts at the bus stop in Lagos. They can't even dream of the mistake of taking on South Korea

1 Like

Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by FlyinSaucer: 10:45pm On Mar 30, 2013
obadiah777: YES RUSSIA IS KNOWN AS 'GOG'. AMERICA IS BABYLON. IRAN IS MEDES OR PERSIA. CHINA IS MOAB. ARABS ARE ISHMAELITES. JAPANESE ARE AMMONITES. ETHIOPIANS AND SOMALIANS AND ERRITREANS AND HAUSAS AND FULANIS ARE HAMITES. NEGROS ARE ISRAELITES. CAUCASIANS ARE EDOMITES
Mate, u need to get urself examined .... It seems u've lost it.
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by Andyforte: 10:47pm On Mar 30, 2013
loswhite: iraq has nuclear capabilities!Which planet u cum frm com?

Muslims and American haters just love to dream useless dreams. And they will speak it out boldly too. Delusions
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by loswhite(m): 12:30am On Mar 31, 2013
cap28:

the bulk of US manufacturing jobs have been outsourced to china and other far east asian countries - fact

all of the above have contributed to the decline of the US economy, therefore the US is currently in a position where it will never generate enough income to pay off its debts and its creditors know this - fact.

china is one of america's largest creditors and she knows that to continue to trade with america will spell doom for her economic advancement hence her plan to exit from the dollar once and for all - take a look at the BRICS countries - take a look at what they are planning - they all want out of the US dollar because they know america's days of glory are over.

the US ultimately will have to go to war with china and russia in order to preserve her economic dominance but this will lead to a thermonuclear confrontation which may end civilisation as we know it , but the sociopaths who run washington are so desperate to hang on to power that they are willing to sacrifice millions of lives in order to retain their position of economic and political dominance.

i understand dat they are loosing their influence just like every other empire dat hav existed b4 dem.
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by igbo2011(m): 1:36am On Mar 31, 2013
shymexx: Let's face it - the world is ripe enough for another war for us to get our acts together and move into the next stage of our existence... The Russians are daring NATO to a fight in Syria, but NATO is running while using its Jihadist proxies to destroy the country...

Let's just hope no one clicks the nuclear weapon button - but I'll like to see a confrontation between the Yanks and the North Koreans...

Who would you fight for in WWIII
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by linearity: 3:32am On Mar 31, 2013
cap28:

@cap28,
You just displayed your ignorance about world military and economy powers play...

Facts...
1. China only own about $1.5T of total US debts; the majority of the US debt is own by the US Government (ie FED aka Central Bank of the USA) and the American people.

2. US annual budget is abt $3.8T, more than twice the debt own by China.

3. China is happy to own US debts and if it become an overwhelming national security issue to protect the US government, the US Fed can via Quantitative Easing (QE); make China's $1.5T paper weight and pay it off.

4. The US defense budget is twice higher than the other top ten world defense budgets put together..i.e. the combined next top ten world defense budgets is about $400bn and the US defense budget is about $800bn. If you care to know, the who is who of the next top tens..they are China, Japan, Russia, France, Saudi Arabia, Germany, India, Brazil, etc...You can see how your comment about China becoming a super power is laughable.

5. Russia was also a superpower along with the US; the US reduced them to no.2 without firing a single gun shot, and you think they do not have a play book for 'super power wanna be' China?

6. Yes, low income US jobs moved to China...but the US is the largest market for Chinese made goods. If it become a matter of survival, the US can shock that market by implementing some little import policies and China's economic 'boom' will be history. Do you realize that, those Chinese workers cannot even afford to purchase the products they are making? They manufacture these products under strict quality assurance policies put in place by the parent companies in the US...the best picture that comes to mind is the Chinese are slavishly working their butts off to manufacture these products for their US masters (ie US consumers)...that is not a picture of an economic power, it is revised slavery; where the US masters no longer carry the low wage workers in ships to their territory but allow the low wage laborers to remind in their home countries to do the same work, but under strict QA conditions with no human overhead and cost.

7. The US dollar is still the world dominance currency. When the dollar lost its triple A rating last year; world investors rushed in and bought more dollars. They perceive any weakness in dollar as an opportunity to buy more dollars against the day it will go up...which other currency will they buy...is it the Yen that is been artificially manipulated by the Chinese government? Once government start manipulating their currencies, investors will start having cold feet.

8. Remember that China is a communist State...majority of her industries are State owned, very difficulty to instill world investors' confident in a government owned entity where the rules and policies can change anything and are not subject to investors vote or approval.

Finally, you can see that American is not bankrupt because its debts only exist on paper i.e. the Feds balance sheet and if the Feds so desire, they can buy out China. The truth is China needs the US more than the US needs China.

3 Likes

Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by linearity: 4:05am On Mar 31, 2013
chronique: This thread is quite interesting to read. Infact,I read every single post from the first to the last. There's something some posters here need to know. In this 21st century,no nation with military might should be underrated. North korea didn't just start developing nuclear weapons overnight. It took them years of hardwork to achieve this. Anyone underrating them is just being naïve. In the 21st century and against a military giant like america,you can't just come out to blab or make empty threats. The assumption that NK will be overrun by the US is just a fallacy. America lost more than 6000 soldiers in the afghan and iraqi war and they spent a lot of money financing those wars. Money that would have been spent in improving their economy. They've just come out from libya where they've spent some amount too. Only that this time,they were smart enough to use the libyans to fight their war,thereby,minimising american casualties to the minimum. The war against iraq,afghanistan and libya put together,would be totally different from this. In iraq,afghanistan and libya,you had countries with internal crisis which aided american victory and provided weaker oppositions. In iraq and afghan,you have the shiite muslims and the sunni muslims.you have the taliban,kurds and turks(hope I got that right). Within them,they have issues and as we all know,when there's a crack on the wall,the lizard will find its way in. In NK,you have a stable govt,united nation and determined citizens. Who all share same belief. Coupled with this,they have a very large military and they manufacture their weapons and equipments(which you can't call inferior). They will not be easily overrun by the US. This is one war that the US really won't want to fight(if they had their way) cos it's going to be pretty expensive. The consequences would be better imagined. The american economy needs more attention than an unnecessary war with NK. I can't say for sure if this is the beginning of world war3 but I know for sure that the end is coming for america soon. For those who think the Korean leader is dumb for showing an attack map against the US,I'd advice you guys think carefully. The entire NK military won't be so daft to actually tell the world how they intend to attack america. The real plan is underground. I used to wonder why most arab nations hated america and britain until I started observing things carefully. The major problem with the american govt is its foreign policies. These policies are only favourable to the US. Take for example,this: The american govt has a policy that allows them to try and convict citizens of other countries for crimes committed in the US. Yet,they expect other countries no to convict their citizens whey they commit crimes;they always want them to send them home for trial. This is more or less a situation of I can kill your citizen but you can't kill mine. Unfortunately,several african countries(including nigeria),are under this bondage. Any country that doesn't dance to the tune of the americans,is either branded as a terrorist or a dictator. The late osama bin laden was a menace that america created in the 70's to destroy the soviet union. He was trained,empowered and funded by the US. But when he became a torn in the flesh for the US,they quickly branded his as an enemy of the world. Cnn is quick to tell us how bad he is but the fail to tell the world how he was created by the US. In my opinion,the US is the no one terror nation in the world. They're always meddling in the affairs of sovereign nations. Remember how osama was killed? The pakistani airspace and sovereignty was totally violated. The black hawk was flown into pakistan and their radar didn't detect anything. There was no consultation whatsoever with the pakistani authorities. They left an entire nation embarrased. What it means is that they can assassinate any world leader if they feel like doing that and everything will be done smoothly. If we want to be sentimental cos we all hated osama,we'll excuse their actions but if we want to go by rules,sovereignty and rights of a country,we'll all agree it was a wrong move. Now,not all countries and leaders are comfortable with this american level of high handedness. No true leader wants to be under the control of another. Libya for example has been turned into ruins. The various militia groups that were outsed by ghadaffi are back in power and are the ones trying to form a Coalition govt. Weapons are in the hands of these groups and a new problem has been created. A peaceful state has been turned into a volatile region and it's been made possible by america. The war against iraq wasn't approved by the UN. It was purely an american affair. Saddam was accused of having nuclear weapons and was killed after destroying his country but there was no nuclear weapon found and america hasn't apologised to the world for that action. What do you call that? Isn't that terrorism? Iraq and libya were destroyed cos they had leaders who defied the US. Unfortunately for us(africans),we couldn't see the signs. The only true and fearless african leader was killed and his country,left in ruins. In africa,we have over 52 countries but can't boast of one leader who is not a puppet of the western powers.

America is ruinning the world and unfortunately,the black race can't see it. All the lies been fed us from bbc and cnn are what we believe. Most nigerians have forgotten how cnn used to show ajegunle and all the slums in lagos when talking about nigeria,thereby giving the world the impression that that's what nigeria actually looks like.

Comparing Iraq and Afghanistan war to a possible war with NK is comparing apples to oranges...the above two wars were ground invasion with air support and with a targeted goal of rebuilding after the war.

With NK having a potential Nuke, the goal will not be some rebuilding or some ground invasion focused...in fact, a good modern day example will be Hiroshima and Nagasaki and it will be fought and won in the air.

NK will rely on some form of delivery system to carry their nuke thousands of miles to the US where anti-ballistic missiles will await their arrival and shot them down, whereas the US Aircraft Carriers are already in the high sea a few hundred miles away from NK border ready deploy thousands of missiles and stealth bombers deep into NK territory...

In a war, every side will suffer some casualties...but the last man standing wins.
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by linearity: 4:26am On Mar 31, 2013
shymexx:

Terrain can also work against the deployment of whatever technology the Americans have got....

And who says this can't happen to the Americans No matter how advanced your technology is, you'd still need people on the ground to give coordinates - hence why most countries deploy special forces on the ground for aerial bombardment...

The same applies to the Americans as well... Everything goes through Pentagon...

Till the end of time, number and infantry will always be important... I still don't believe any weapon can wipe-out everyone - some are still going to survive... Heck, some people survived hiroshima and nagasaki... That's why ground forces will always be a necessity in any war of attrition...

"... Heck, some people survived hiroshima and nagasaki" And what did the people that survived Hiroshima and Nagasaki did? Can you remember? Yes! They surrendered and the war ended!

If there will ever be a war with NK, it will be won and lost over the air and with Kim opening his mount about nuking the US, do not be surprise for the US to preempt that and it will be Hiroshima and Nagasaki all over again and ground forces will be ordered to stay out in order not to get radiation poisoning...
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by cap28: 1:17pm On Mar 31, 2013
linearity:

@cap28,
You just displayed your ignorance about world military and economy powers play...

Facts...
1. China only own about $1.5T of total US debts; the majority of the US debt is own by the US Government (ie FED aka Central Bank of the USA) and the American people.

sorry i got the figures wrong regarding the debt owed to China - their debt holding is $1.4 trillion, but this does not change the fact that this is a humungous amount of money that the US has no way of paying back

2. US annual budget is abt $3.8T, more than twice the debt own by China.

what's your point? the US has consistently run a balance of trade deficit since 1980 as a result of high imports of oil and consumer products and its huge military spending - this is why it is currently running a national deficit of $16trillion - as a result it has to go a borrowing how is that a positive thing?

3. China is happy to own US debts and if it become an overwhelming national security issue to protect the US government, the US Fed can via Quantitative Easing (QE); make China's $1.5T paper weight and pay it off.

if you read some of my previous posts you will see that i said that QE is the reason why the US dollar is losing its value very fast. printing money without producing enough goods and services causes inflation of your currency. China wants out of the dollar because the Fed's current practice of QE is inflating the dollar, this is the same reason why the other BRICS nations want to get rid of all of their dollar denominated assets as well.

4. The US defense budget is twice higher than the other top ten world defense budgets put together..i.e. the combined next top ten world defense budgets is about $400bn and the US defense budget is about $800bn. If you care to know, the who is who of the next top tens..they are China, Japan, Russia, France, Saudi Arabia, Germany, India, Brazil, etc...You can see how your comment about China becoming a super power is laughable.

but how does the US finance their defence budget? by printing the dollar which devlaues their currency and borrowing - how sustainable is that ?

5. Russia was also a superpower along with the US; the US reduced them to no.2 without firing a single gun shot, and you think they do not have a play book for 'super power wanna be' China?

the US became a world superpower by invading annexing and stealing the territory and resources of weaker nations and stipulating that all world commodities, specifically oil must be bought and paid for using the US dollar - this has enabled the value of the US dollar to remain artificially high since all nations of the world wishing to purchase oil (which is necessary for the development of any modern nation) has to do so using the US dollar. This means that most countries of the world have to have dollars in large quantities in order to conduct any type of meaningful trade irrespective of the state of america's economy. Russia did not have this advantage and therefore could not spend as much on defence as america has and continues to do - so it was not really down to any ingenuity on the part of america that they surpassed the soviet union economically and militarily.

America needs china more than china needs america - why? because america's multinational corporations are making millions of dollars as a result of outsourcing their manufacturing capacity to china - they do not have to pay the high wages that they were paying to their employees in america as they use chinese sweat shop labour and thereby reap huge profits, they also benefit from china's authoritarian laws and poor human rights records which allow their corporations to exploit chinese labour, in addition they enjoy huge tax cuts -they are therefore in no hurry to bring their factories back to the united states.

6. Yes, low income US jobs moved to China...but the US is the largest market for Chinese made goods. If it become a matter of survival, the US can shock that market by implementing some little import policies and China's economic 'boom' will be history. Do you realize that, those Chinese workers cannot even afford to purchase the products they are making? They manufacture these products under strict quality assurance policies put in place by the parent companies in the US...the best picture that comes to mind is the Chinese are slavishly working their butts off to manufacture these products for their US masters (ie US consumers)...that is not a picture of an economic power, it is revised slavery; where the US masters no longer carry the low wage workers in ships to their territory but allow the low wage laborers to remind in their home countries to do the same work, but under strict QA conditions with no human overhead and cost.

recent figures show that US consumer demand for chinese goods is actually declining due to rising unemployment - as i said in previous posts china has alternative markets for its goods like malaysia, singapore , thailand etc who have formed economic trading blocs which serve as an alternative export market for china.

also china's trade with africa and south america is rising steadily so the US market is not as important to china as many have been led to beleive. in my previous post i stated that china is now devleoping a domestic consumer orientated market so that it doees not have to be too dependant on export markets, its doing this by improving working conditions for its people and gradually increasing wages.

also yoiu are wrong to describe those jobs that were outsourced to china as low income jobs - are IT jobs low income jobs?what about research and development, how about skilled manufacturing jobs? all of these jobs were well paid jobs undertaken by educated americans but are now being done by educated underpaid foreigners in india and china.

To say that china is not an economic power is to admit that you are not living in the real world, even the IMF predicted that china will overtake america economically by 2016 - so i suggest you wake up. also you must have missed the very glaring presence of US and EU troops who were sent to occupy the entire african continent early this year in order to block china's access to africa's valuable natural resources, if china was not such a threat to america's position why are US troops deploying to alll the african countries where china has major investments ?

7. The US dollar is still the world dominance currency. When the dollar lost its triple A rating last year; world investors rushed in and bought more dollars. They perceive any weakness in dollar as an opportunity to buy more dollars against the day it will go up...which other currency will they buy...is it the Yen that is been artificially manipulated by the Chinese government? Once government start manipulating their currencies, investors will start having cold feet.

I find it laughable that you can accuse china of artificially manipulating the yuan without any hint of irony what do you think america is doing with the dollar?? what is quantitative easing ?

china has kept the yuan artificially low in order to increase demand for its products - that is common practice among all trading nations including the united states.

8. Remember that China is a communist State...majority of her industries are State owned, very difficulty to instill world investors' confident in a government owned entity where the rules and policies can change anything and are not subject to investors vote or approval.

Finally, you can see that American is not bankrupt because its debts only exist on paper i.e. the Feds balance sheet and if the Feds so desire, they can buy out China. The truth is China needs the US more than the US needs China.

so why have US multinationals outsourced the bulk of their manufacturing capacity to china? they dont seem to have been put off by the communist system in china.

Printing of money without simultaneous production of goods and services = devaluation of your currency and in some cases hyperinflation - which is where america will be headed once the dollar collapses. I suggest you wake up to reality and stop living in lala land.

1 Like

Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by igbo2011(m): 4:50am On Apr 01, 2013
cap28:

sorry i got the figures wrong regarding the debt owed to China - their debt holding is $1.4 trillion, but this does not change the fact that this is a humungous amount of money that the US has no way of paying back

what's your point? the US has consistently run a balance of trade deficit since 1980 as a result of high imports of oil and consumer products and its huge military spending - this is why it is currently running a national deficit of $16trillion - as a result it has to go a borrowing how is that a positive thing?

if you read some of my previous posts you will see that i said that QE is the reason why the US dollar is losing its value very fast. printing money without producing enough goods and services causes inflation of your currency. China wants out of the dollar because the Fed's current practice of QE is inflating the dollar, this is the same reason why the other BRICS nations want to get rid of all of their dollar denominated assets as well.

but how does the US finance their defence budget? by printing the dollar which devlaues their currency and borrowing - how sustainable is that ?

the US became a world superpower by invading annexing and stealing the territory and resources of weaker nations and stipulating that all world commodities, specifically oil must be bought and paid for using the US dollar - this has enabled the value of the US dollar to remain artificially high since all nations of the world wishing to purchase oil (which is necessary for the development of any modern nation) has to do so using the US dollar. This means that most countries of the world have to have dollars in large quantities in order to conduct any type of meaningful trade irrespective of the state of america's economy. Russia did not have this advantage and therefore could not spend as much on defence as america has and continues to do - so it was not really down to any ingenuity on the part of america that they surpassed the soviet union economically and militarily.

America needs china more than china needs america - why? because america's multinational corporations are making millions of dollars as a result of outsourcing their manufacturing capacity to china - they do not have to pay the high wages that they were paying to their employees in america as they use chinese sweat shop labour and thereby reap huge profits, they also benefit from china's authoritarian laws and poor human rights records which allow their corporations to exploit chinese labour, in addition they enjoy huge tax cuts -they are therefore in no hurry to bring their factories back to the united states.

recent figures show that US consumer demand for chinese goods is actually declining due to rising unemployment - as i said in previous posts china has alternative markets for its goods like malaysia, singapore , thailand etc who have formed economic trading blocs which serve as an alternative export market for china.

also china's trade with africa and south america is rising steadily so the US market is not as important to china as many have been led to beleive. in my previous post i stated that china is now devleoping a domestic consumer orientated market so that it doees not have to be too dependant on export markets, its doing this by improving working conditions for its people and gradually increasing wages.

also yoiu are wrong to describe those jobs that were outsourced to china as low income jobs - are IT jobs low income jobs?what about research and development, how about skilled manufacturing jobs? all of these jobs were well paid jobs undertaken by educated americans but are now being done by educated underpaid foreigners in india and china.

To say that china is not an economic power is to admit that you are not living in the real world, even the IMF predicted that china will overtake america economically by 2016 - so i suggest you wake up. also you must have missed the very glaring presence of US and EU troops who were sent to occupy the entire african continent early this year in order to block china's access to africa's valuable natural resources, if china was not such a threat to america's position why are US troops deploying to alll the african countries where china has major investments ?

I find it laughable that you can accuse china of artificially manipulating the yuan without any hint of irony what do you think america is doing with the dollar?? what is quantitative easing ?

china has kept the yuan artificially low in order to increase demand for its products - that is common practice among all trading nations including the united states.

so why have US multinationals outsourced the bulk of their manufacturing capacity to china? they dont seem to have been put off by the communist system in china.

Printing of money without simultaneous production of goods and services = devaluation of your currency and in some cases hyperflation - which is where america will be headed once the dollar collapses. I suggest you wake up to reality and stop living in lala land.

@cap28 are you an economist? Hoiw do you know so much about economics?
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by cap28: 1:33pm On Apr 01, 2013
igbo2011:

@cap28 are you an economist? Hoiw do you know so much about economics?

bro i do a lot of research - the information is out there for all who are interested.
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by linearity: 12:49am On Apr 02, 2013
@cap28;
I am not going to banta this issue, we both obviously have strong positions on this and the gap is very huge....but I want to say a few things.

..their debt holding is $1.4 trillion, but this does not change the fact that this is a humungous amount of money that the US has no way of paying back

I want to believe that, you understand that, American's "debt" to China is bonds...and that bonds just like any other financial instrument are public securities, that can be traded (bought/sold) publicly. I also want to believe that, you also understand that China can sell those bonds in the market anytime, any day, anywhere...without intervention from the US(i.e. China ONLY have the SOLE right to sell their bond holding at any time of their choosing). I also want to believe that you understand that the US is not obligated to buy those bonds back from China (except when a US monetary policy requires the intervention of the US Fed to take the excess bonds out of circulation or when the bonds become mature) but that China can sell those bonds back to the marketmakers or the general public?

If you understand all of the above to be correct, another puzzlingly question is...why do you think that China is refusing to sell those bonds, even when the US economy was at its lowest in 2008? Moreso, since the dollar interest rate is very low now, meaning the bond prices are very high, so China will make a killing if they call their marketmakers or Bankers tomorrow and say..."hello sell all those $1.4T US treasury bonds first thing tomorrow morning"...

Moreso, if your doom day scenario of American's inability to "pay those humungous debt" is true, why wouldn't China put a nail on the "Coffin" of the US economy by selling those bonds...thereby assuring her quick rise to economic dominance over the US or do you think they are not selling the US treasury bonds out of self pity for the American economy?

The gospel truth is, China need those bonds more than the US, they need the revenue generated by their bond holdings; they need the stability that the dollar provides and as we speak, they are begging for more US bonds to buy.

Bonds have a finite shelf life, the owner can sell/trade them anytime, anyday, anywhere before their maturity date and the issuerer redeems them when their maturity date is due.

I have read some of your comments, they are very intelligent and you know that saying that 'US has no way of paying back the debt' is misleading, misplaced and hyperbole...China can in fact sell all their US bond holdings first thing tomorrow and they will have their cash in their hands...but China will not do it, because it will not be to their interest or economic survival.

..this is why it is currently running a national deficit of $16trillion - as a result it has to go a borrowing how is that a positive thing?

Again; about $11.00T to $12.00T of the US so called "debt" is own by the US Fed, the American People and the US SS trust fund. It is like a brother owing a sister money, they all belong to the same family; that figure only exists on paper aka the US Fed's balance sheet. The US Fed and the US congress can move numbers on that balance sheet around, because it is an internal affairs issue, just like a brother and a sister can settle their debts through which-soever method they choose. e.g. during the Bush years, many items were excluded from counting towards the national debt, when Obama came into office, he changed the accounting.

..recent figures show that US consumer demand for chinese goods is actually declining due to rising unemployment

I will challenge you to post your source...In fact, US demand for Chinese products increase by 22% over last year, and demand from Europe and the rest of the world declined, this is even when American is in an economy crises.

..so why have US multinationals outsourced the bulk of their manufacturing capacity to china? they dont seem to have been put off by the communist system in china.

Printing of money without simultaneous production of goods and services = devaluation of your currency and in some cases

Companies establishes anywhere they can make a lot of money, that does not mean, they trust the local currency, they will put bulk of their reserve currencies in dollar and exchange them only when needed.

I believe you understand that, the print value of a currency have no relevance to its world dominance, influence or investor's confidence?

The Pound, the Euro are stronger than the dollar; but dollar have more dominance...The Canadian dollar & US dollar exchanges at somewhat the same rate...hope you are not equating both because of that print value?

...in my previous post i stated that china is now devleoping a domestic consumer orientated market so that it doees not have to be too dependant on export markets, its doing this by improving working conditions for its people and gradually increasing wages. .

The avg salary of a graduate in China is $470.00/month and in the US it is about $4,500/month. The average Chinese graduate needs two months salary to buy iPhone produced in their backyard; a gradual government increase in their wages is not enough, if the goal is to compete with US consumers, they need astronomical boost in wages from the government (which will lead to more printing of the Yuan, thereby devaluing it) or through some type of laws mandating companies to start paying higher wages (which will make companies to start running away, because the cheap labor that first attracted them to China is no longer available).

Finally, the economic dominance and power of a Country's currency is measure by how much of that currency is held overnight or reserve by third party entities and Banks around the world other than that Countries government or entities.

Right now, the US dollar is the Reserve or anchor currency and worldwide reserve percentage is around 65% (compare to other currencies), followed by the Euro at about 25%;..the Yen, Sterling, French Franc & Swiss franc are each doing a sub 5%...while your almighty Chinese Yuan combined with other Country's currencies...by the way including the naira are sharing a sub 5% world wide reserve value.

I trade currency, if this your optimism exists in the currency world, people will be buying the Yuan hands over feet and holding them as reserves....then change them only when they want to transact business.

China does not even make the list of the world top most 25 innovative Countries. They are very good at copying innovations from other countries and patenting them locally. When a country's growth is hugely influenced by in-flight of foreign investments & innovations and local indigenous companies are not at the forefront of the innovation, that growth is a bubble and will burst as soon as those in-flights turns into out-flights.
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by Saintp(m): 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2013
@ Linearity,

That was a good piece. I laugh when people over hype china beacuse of thier anti- american sentiments. The fact remains that China is a rising power and will one day become a superpower like the US all things being equal.

However, i dont see the US going down. What will happen is likely emergence of another superpower(China) to rival the US. Until then the US remains the sole super power.

Like i have said before, all countries of the world look after thier own selfish interests,Russia and China inclusive. They are all selfish. The reason why u are bashing the US is because of thier status as super power. They are no different from other countires. If Nigeria is to be the US, they will behave the same way.
Please let stop making some countries look like saints, they are all selfish.
Re: North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA by tupaz96: 7:41am On May 20, 2013
good news for.mtn users...u can now browse and send sms free of charge...

for more info on how to activate and configure ur sim contact 08107735263 or facebook.com/judoc.topaz or 2go @ tupaz96

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Gunman Kills 27 Including Children At An Elementary School / Four Die After Multiple Stabbings In Sydney Centre (photos) / Biden Arrives In Israel, Kicking Off First Middle East Trip As President ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.