Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,217 members, 7,900,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:31 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1518574 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jonyse: 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
what is NCO[sup][/sup]
ab1x:

The kind of pond u use will determine the cause of the disease. You need to drain the water in your pond. Try and mix salt with ashes(eru) and NCO. Sprinkle it on their body and all over the pond. Leave them for at least 3 hours before releasing water on them. Also, leave them for atleast 48 hours before you feed them and when u want to feed them at first, feed them little by little. Cheers mate.

The above method is how to treat fish in earthen pond.

However, in concrete or any other pond, u only need to replace ashes with Potassium parmaganate(PG), all other things remain the same ie Salt and NCO.

The above methods can treat any kind of disease involving catfish.

Thanks,
ab1x:

The kind of pond u use will determine the cause of the disease. You need to drain the water in your pond. Try and mix salt with ashes(eru) and NCO. Sprinkle it on their body and all over the pond. Leave them for at least 3 hours before releasing water on them. Also, leave them for atleast 48 hours before you feed them and when u want to feed them at first, feed them little by little. Cheers mate.

However, in concrete or any other pond, u only need to replace ashes with Potassium parmaganate(PG), all other things remain the same ie Salt and NCO.

Thanks,
ab1x:

Thanks,

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 9:57pm On Aug 18, 2013
practicalclass:

Hope they wont buy it at a bad price?

Location is one of the things to think of before you can determine the kind of fish to supply a pepper soup joint. For example, at IJ where I am, it is between 600 to 800grams but in lag it is between 800grams to 1.2KG depending on the area in lagos. The pepper soup joint owner are the end buyer, the price will invariably rise since they themselves buy from the market women at a high price. So, I expect you to make a very good profit.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 10:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
jonyse: what is NCO[sup][/sup][sub][/sub]

It is a name for a drug used in treating fish. It is a combination of three drugs; Oxy, tetracycline and one other drugs like that(forgotten). But there is no meaning to the term NCO

You can use oxy if u don't see NCO.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jonyse: 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
@ab1x Thank you.

I have observe u, robonski, excelsiorfarm and some others who have gave out their wealth of knowledge without asking for a kobo, God will continue to help u and move u forward IJN.

I really appreciate
ab1x:

It is a name for a drug used in treating fish. It is a combination of three drugs; Oxy, tetracycline and one other drugs like that(forgotten). But there is no meaning to the term NCO

You can use oxy if u don't see NCO.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2013
jonyse: @ab1x Thank you.

I have observe u, robonski, excelsiorfarm and some others who have gave out their wealth of knowledge without asking for a kobo, God will continue to help u and move u forward IJN.

I really appreciate

Amen and u too. IJN
You are welcome, mate.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 10:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
NB:

Catfish farmers and/or intending or aspiring farmers, for the record sake, please do not change feed from one product to another product. It is a very wrong move. It is as if u r giving ur baby NAN 1 and u now change to SMA gold or Peak 123. What do u think will happen to ur baby? If u want to use ziegler, use ziegler. If it is coppens, use coppens. If it is multifeed use it. Do not deviate from one to another. It is wrong and it can lead to a disease outbreak.

The above is a first class information. I have observed it over time.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:11am On Aug 19, 2013
@tokugawa,in addition to d solution given, the precaution u should take to avoid future occurence is to manage d pond environment well,grasses should be remove or sprayed with potassium permanganate. u have to be careful on feeding livefoods to your fishes if u do,try to creat avenue for fresh water to come in. d salt will help d wormlike agents to loose their grip,tetracyline is to assist to heal,u can get parasites medicine for fishes from an agric store
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by condi1704(m): 12:17am On Aug 19, 2013
condi1704: @ robonski, excelsior & ab1x. You guys are God sent. May the Lord reward u abundantly. Concerning above, what should be the stocking rate per square meter in a concrete pond where water is to be exchanged twice weekly. Thanks
pls I would appreciate a response.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 3:39am On Aug 19, 2013
condi1704: pls I would appreciate a response.

The issue has previously bn discoursed on this thread. I'll appreciate if you can go through d previous pages again. Cheers,
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by samshoz(m): 9:02am On Aug 19, 2013
ab1x: Hello house, something just came to my mind which I think I must share since one of us said he made losses. I'll employ everyone of us to try and get scale even if it is 50KG, it does not cost more than N5500.00.

If you are a fish farmer and u don't have a scale then you have not started yet because you are just working for the fish buyer. I tell you 99.5% of fish buyer uses fake scale. They are so cunny and there is no way u will know that their scale is not correct unless you use your scale.

Just my two cents.
Bro. Abx- how will d fish stay put on scale with all d agresivnes?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by samshoz(m): 9:09am On Aug 19, 2013
ab1x: NB:

Catfish farmers and/or intending or aspiring farmers, for the record sake, please do not change feed from one product to another product. It is a very wrong move. It is as if u r giving ur baby NAN 1 and u now change to SMA gold or Peak 123. What do u think will happen to ur baby? If u want to use ziegler, use ziegler. If it is coppens, use coppens. If it is multifeed use it. Do not deviate from one to another. It is wrong and it can lead to a disease outbreak.

The above is a first class information. I have observed it over time.
Good, but what can i do in d interim, when am temporarily not buoyant to buy regular feed?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by samshoz(m): 9:46am On Aug 19, 2013
excelsiorfarm: let be talk on this,aerator supplies oxygen which is essential for growth,disease risk etc.for bio disc,it energise d water,help reduce disease risk etc.both are good but yr choice.my plead is to robonski to discuss with his friend that d price he sells is bio disc high small,i have check dhgate,com & aliexpress.com for current prices..op God bless bro
Mr. Excelsior- always on time, full of knowledge n sharing( valueable e-manuals free), posessing collosal humility! 2. Roboski - indepth knowledge, learnt from d best, Desire to help youths, humble and blog creator. Roland-REBAS, the Robinhood of fish farming lol. 3. Ab1x- master of earthen pond! Inside out. 4. Aquatic1- a.k.a Mr. ARARAT! Making fish farming knowledge accessible and affordable(i too wil attend soon). King of fingerlings sales. I hail u all the "4 MUSKETEERS OF FISH FARMING"
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 9:49am On Aug 19, 2013
wot is NCO
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 10:07am On Aug 19, 2013
samshoz: Mr. Excelsior- always on time, full of knowledge n sharing( valueable e-manuals free), posessing collosal humility! 2. Roboski - indepth knowledge, learnt from d best, Desire to help youths, humble and blog creator. Roland-REBAS, the Robinhood of fish farming lol. 3. Ab1x- master of earthen pond! Inside out. 4. Aquatic1- a.k.a Mr. ARARAT! Making fish farming knowledge accessible and affordable(i too wil attend soon). King of fingerlings sales. I hail u all the "4 MUSKETEERS OF FISH FARMING"

U GOT ME "BLUSHING" WITH YOUR COMMENT.

Mr samshoz always available to learn more... I read through your posts and u always amaze me..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 10:11am On Aug 19, 2013
yemiakeem20: wot is NCO

NC0 is the name of a drug,It is mainly used in poultry for respiratory problem, and it is also good in fish farming as explained earlier..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 10:29am On Aug 19, 2013
Hello good people am sure you guys a doing great..Am on my way from owerri to P.H to consult for a farm... I am really fagged out but the lord has kept me going all this while..

Will be updating you guys with graphical details of the farm..

Regards

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayoola190: 12:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
robonski16: Hello good people am sure you guys a doing great..Am on my way from owerri to P.H to consult for a farm... I am really fagged out but the lord has kept me going all this while..

Will be updating you guys with graphical details of the farm..

Regards

Safe journey...the Lord is ur strength

Can you give me the average weight of a catfish from the 1st month of hatching, 2nd (juvenile), 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th,7th months.
This is to determine d quantity of feeds to give them on daily basis by giving them 10% of body weight (or what do you have to say on the quantity of feeds to avoid over nd under feeding nd also maximise profit. Some even say 3-5% of body weight)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayoola190: 12:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
robonski16:

It depends on how fast it gets dirty.. Sometimes once in one or two months.. Algae forms when the pond is not shaded from direct sunlight..
What if pond is shaded, can we wash only during stocking without any negative effect on the fishes?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by zubis05: 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2013
robonski16:

Songhai centre, port novo benin..

Email: formation@songhai.org or songhai@songhai.org..

Tel: +229 20 24 60 92/ 20 24 68 81
www.songhai.org

All what u need to know about fish farming u can likewise get it here in nigeria..

Thank you very much,I'll definately contact you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 2:21pm On Aug 19, 2013
@Robonski16 and Ab1x: tanx. i'll act on the info given.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
@samshoz,GIVE ALL GLORY TO GOD,Bros i hate flattery,GOD BLESS.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2013
ab1x can u pls giv m ur contact details
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
excelsiorfarm: @tokugawa,in addition to d solution given, the precaution u should take to avoid future occurence is to manage d pond environment well,grasses should be remove or sprayed with potassium permanganate. u have to be careful on feeding livefoods to your fishes if u do,try to creat avenue for fresh water to come in. d salt will help d wormlike agents to loose their grip,tetracyline is to assist to heal,u can get parasites medicine for fishes from an agric store

In addition to the above point, try and mix tetracyline, procaine penniciline and vit c to the floating feeds, spread it in the sun for a while after which u feed them with it. Cheers,
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 4:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
samshoz: Bro. Abx- how will d fish stay put on scale with all d agresivnes?

When scaling, they will be put in a balf.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 4:15pm On Aug 19, 2013
Please do.

practicalclass: @Robonski16 and Ab1x: tanx. i'll act on the info given.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 4:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
yemiakeem20: ab1x can u pls giv m ur contact details

My no is on the thread. Thks,
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 4:18pm On Aug 19, 2013
ayoola190:
What if pond is shaded, can we wash only during stocking without any negative effect on the fishes?

Make sure u wash your pond two weeks after stocking otherwise be expecting wide range attack. You can stop washing when u switch over to local feeds but make sure u always put floxinor in their feeds to avoid illness.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 4:21pm On Aug 19, 2013
samshoz: Mr. Excelsior- always on time, full of knowledge n sharing( valueable e-manuals free), posessing collosal humility! 2. Roboski - indepth knowledge, learnt from d best, Desire to help youths, humble and blog creator. Roland-REBAS, the Robinhood of fish farming lol. 3. Ab1x- master of earthen pond! Inside out. 4. Aquatic1- a.k.a Mr. ARARAT! Making fish farming knowledge accessible and affordable(i too wil attend soon). King of fingerlings sales. I hail u all the "4 MUSKETEERS OF FISH FARMING"

You sure have a way with words. I admire u smiley

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 4:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
samshoz: Good, but what can i do in d interim, when am temporarily not buoyant to buy regular feed?

Drain the water and treat them with salt and PG. That's all.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2013
ab1x:

My no is on the thread. Thks,
pls i cant find it...i wish to visit ur farm to learn one or two tinz
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 4:30pm On Aug 19, 2013
yemiakeem20:
pls i cant find it...i wish to visit ur farm to learn one or two tinz

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2013
ab1x:

pls pick my call

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.