Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,158 members, 7,880,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:59 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1512677 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Darlyns1: 11:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
I have really been enriched by all the learnings from great people here.. the list is inexhaustible, robonski,excelsior,ab1x,tokugawa......
you guys are really doing a great job. I am a new member here and I took the time to read through the pages, I must say, I am really impressed by people's openness and willingness to develop others. May God bless the works of your hands.
I am a starter with very little knowledge and I want to learn practically. I stay in Ijebu-ode.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 6:24am On Sep 14, 2014
Darlyns1: I have really been enriched by all the learnings from great people here.. the list is inexhaustible, robonski,excelsior,ab1x,tokugawa......
you guys are really doing a great job. I am a new member here and I took the time to read through the pages, I must say, I am really impressed by people's openness and willingness to develop others. May God bless the works of your hands.
I am a starter with very little knowledge and I want to learn practically. I stay in Ijebu-ode.

You are sure welcome on board. Please contact me on the number on my handle. I am in Ijebu Ode too. Cheers
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ayoolanairaland: 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
Wher. Can I get bambara groundnut in lagos
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ummulakram: 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
Pls how many catfish can I put in 200ltrs n 1000ltrs of tank to table size
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Emzzy(m): 9:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
FarmTech:
Won't that be over liming? I thought cement itself is lime. According to a seminar I attended, the teacher said you fertilize the pond with animal or plant manure and leave it for some days. Then flush out the water, put new one and stock. From this, I infer that the purpose was to reduce the liming effect of cement, and probably any other chemical from cement. Fertilization reduces alkalinity.
@farmTech you are not wrong if u use that. Just that that is majorly used for earthen pond.
Just as u rightly said all these is to dilute possible chemicals from the concrete walls. It is call Agric Lime.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Darlyns1: 9:33pm On Sep 14, 2014
Yeah!!! smiley, Oga ab1x I appreciate your quick response. I will call you . Tanx.
ab1x:

You are sure welcome on board. Please contact me on the number on my handle. I am in Ijebu Ode too. Cheers
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ultrazone(m): 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
After over 3 years of bridging the gap for
developing and sustaining entrepreneurs,
AGRODYNAMIX is offering you a free platform to
share interesting topics and advertise your
company, products and services. Your post or advert must meet the following criteria:

1. Must be a minimum of 300 words
2. Must be original i.e. written by you. Be sure
that we will verify.
3. Must include two unique pictures. We do not
accept images downloaded off the internet.
4. Advertisement and Articles must be on FISH
FARMING.

Good news! You may include your website links,
email, phone number and other contact details
in the articles/adverts you submit.

Advert and post submitted will published on our
blog (check the fish farming blog in my signature) 48hrs after review. Send your article and adverts (with pictures) to:

catfishnigeria@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
mozek24: Hello guys,

First am happy Chelsea won Swansea City.

Now back to biz: I intend to buy a car for hawking my fresh and smoked fish not more than 50 to 100kg at once. Which kind of car would you recommend? I am thinking of a small car like Rio or Picanto.

What do you think will be ideal.
Bros don't try it o!i once tried it in 2009,it was a total disaster,those Fishwomen would offer you ridiculous prices believing you've run into problems and need to sell off your fishes fast.Its better you go to the market and sit down with the women and sell to consumers directly,or you supply hotels and joints directly.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mozek24: 7:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
TOKUGAWA: Bros don't try it o!i once tried it in 2009,it was a total disaster,those Fishwomen would offer you ridiculous prices believing you've run into problems and need to sell off your fishes fast.Its better you go to the market and sit down with the women and sell to consumers directly,or you supply hotels and joints directly.

Thanks for the advise.

I actually intend seling directly to restaurants and hotels.
My inquiry is if picanto or rio is strong enough for that inter city runs.

Pls who has used a picanto or rio.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:16am On Sep 16, 2014
boomzee: wooooow.... at last....ve been trying 2 com on board, but wasn't successful. first lemme thank d originator of dis blog mr roland aka robonski. not forgeting mr excle..... and all d ogA @ d top. this blog
has changed my life 4 real,..............

You are very much welcomed sir!!! Thanks

www.agricnetwork.com

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:19am On Sep 16, 2014
Juliana7: @ robonski, u ve not aanswered my question on agricnetwork on d topic spawning technique since september 1 in which i asked u a question. My username is ikowa5

I am sorry for the late response, i have responded accordingly.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:22am On Sep 16, 2014
boomzee: 4rm been able 2 culture my catfish within 4 month....to successfully spawing .......all within 10 months....big up guyz.......thanks and thanks and thanks alot. remain blessed.

Wonderful.. God bless us all
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:34am On Sep 16, 2014
mozek24:

Thanks for the advise.

I actually intend seling directly to restaurants and hotels.
My inquiry is if picanto or rio is strong enough for that inter city runs.

Pls who has used a picanto or rio.

My bro i dont think picanto or rio can do justice in inter city running. u can get a good 1990/1991 toyota corrola, or honda accord of similar year.

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mozek24: 11:31am On Sep 16, 2014
robonski15:

My bro i dont think picanto or rio can do justice in inter city running. u can get a good 1990/1991 toyota corrola, or honda accord of similar year.

www.agricnetwork.com

1990/1991

Am realy scared of old model cars? You keep spending money and time on repairs and fuel. And your customers seeyou as "OLD SCHOOL"
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 11:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
mozek24:

1990/1991

Am realy scared of old model cars? You keep spending money and time on repairs and fuel. And your customers seeyou as "OLD SCHOOL"

Hmmmmm, sounds true, we have to be well packaged. Have u searched out the price for a rio/picanto?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by madgoat(m): 11:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
mozek24:

1990/1991

Seems ur mind is already fixated on picanto. Follow ur mind though.
Left to me i wud go for a gud confirmed naija used toyota camry 94/96 model(camry orobo) for inter city, bumper to bumper, running arnd and marketting. #keep in mind d danfo drivers and bad roads since u are gonna be supply customers.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 11:21am On Sep 18, 2014
@ Robonsi15, I stumbled on this tread yesterday and i must say that i am really impressed with the info you and other have offered so far, fish farming has been a business i have interest in but do not possess enough technical know how to pursue and would not want to dabble into what i have little or no knowledge about. I will appreciate your advice to be forward to my e-mail - goldgate2003@yahoo.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Apitch(m): 11:46am On Sep 18, 2014
Silent follower turns fish farmer(hatching)
I would love to thank everybody that has in one way or the other, impacted knowledge on others without gratification, please keep up the good works, u never know who is reading and learning. Special thanks to Mickyfish who sent me my broodstocks from Lagos to Anambra(I was at his service cos I didn't have the luxury of inspecting them but he sent the best I've ever seen. Yea this is my fourth trial, the first 2 failed).
I pray I will be active now to learn and share my tiny experience. Oga fhemmy I don graduate from ur class of novice to newbie

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Apitch(m): 11:49am On Sep 18, 2014
madgoat:

Seems ur mind is already fixated on picanto. Follow ur mind though.
Left to me i wud go for a gud confirmed naija used toyota camry 94/96 model(camry orobo) for inter city, bumper to bumper, running arnd and marketting. #keep in mind d danfo drivers and bad roads since u are gonna be supply customers.
I think the reason mozek24 choose those cars is because of the boot and also something cool
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
hello my friends in d house pls av search some distributors of fish feed in Oshogbo but I don't find Zeigler feeds pls any where to find d feed in d state pls advice is needed Thks or any where they are selling it in kwara state ur reply pls.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 12:20am On Sep 19, 2014
Ttalk: @ Robonsi15, I stumbled on this tread yesterday and i must say that i am really impressed with the info you and other have offered so far, fish farming has been a business i have interest in but do not possess enough technical know how to pursue and would not want to dabble into what i have little or no knowledge about. I will appreciate your advice to be forward to my e-mail - goldgate2003@yahoo.com

Thanks, we can advice you on this thread or www.agricnetwork.com just ask your questions, we have lotta gurus in the house to answer your questions. God bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by korel9: 8:46am On Sep 19, 2014
I stumbled on this thread yesterday and I'm so glad I did. @ robonski15, this is a good job you've done here alongside other contributors. I am a new farmer and decided to sample it with a very small number. This is becos I have no training on it at all.
From my experience so far, I think its sth I would love to go into full time but I have a question in regards to what u said earlier. I make use of rubber tanks as my pond. How do I rear them to a stage where they procreate? Also, does space have anything to do with their growth rate?
I would appreciate a response via this medium or sent to my mail korelconcepts@gmail.com

Thanks in advance and more grease to your elbows.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Belexy(m): 10:09am On Sep 19, 2014
korel9: I stumbled on this thread yesterday and I'm so glad I did. @ robonski15, this is a good job you've done here alongside other contributors. I am a new farmer and decided to sample it with a very small number. This is becos I have no training on it at all.
From my experience so far, I think its sth I would love to go into full time but I have a question in regards to what u said earlier. I make use of rubber tanks as my pond. How do I rear them to a stage where they procreate? Also, does space have anything to do with their growth rate?
I would appreciate a response via this medium or sent to my mail korelconcepts@gmail.com

Thanks in advance and more grease to your elbows.

SPACE is a major determining factor for good growth of ur fish and disease prevention. Wats d size of ur rubber tanks? U can in addition post a pix so we knw exactly how it looks like.
Catfish dont procreate naturally in captivity. Dey need to be artificially spawned.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by korel9: 12:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
Belexy:

SPACE is a major determining factor for good growth of ur fish and disease prevention. Wats d size of ur rubber tanks? U can in addition post a pix so we knw exactly how it looks like.
Catfish dont procreate naturally in captivity. Dey need to be artificially spawned.

Thanks Belexy for coming ur response. I don't understand what u mean by "Catfish don't procreate naturally in captivity. Dey need to be artificially spawned".
This is the picture of the tank I'm using and I have around 120 - 130 fish left in it but I seriously don't know how many liters it is. As for the water, I pour 10 (paint rubber buckets) for every change of water.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oluwacege(m): 2:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
At least 4-5 tons of matured Catfish are up for sale at very affordable price around Ajebamidele area of Ado-Ekiti. For more inquiries, please call: 08035092556 or 08053230670.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
babaloye: Please does anyone know any store in Nigeria that sell imported fishing equipment? I need fishing tackle with complete accessories, fishing rod,line,spinning reel with hook and bait complete. Thanks.

We have lots of d sellers here inAnambra. They are large importers of fishing line. What i dont know is if they retail. Most of their customers come from d north n buy things in large quantities.
If u can come down to anambra- go to 35 new mkt road, onitsha . there is afribank on the ground flor of the building. ask .

There is one other man at old mkt rd.

wish u luck.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
oluwacege: At least 4-5 tons of matured Catfish are up for sale at very affordable price around Ajebamidele area of Ado-Ekiti. For more inquiries, please call: 08035092556 or 08053230670.
Call Orji,he buys in tons 08079264921 and pays cash.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
TOKUGAWA: the results has been tremendous,they get an average of 1kg plus.My dad is also using it. Another thing is the popular Egusi we eat,it can be mixed with Bambara, Egusi has 24% protein. Mixed with Bambara .Fish oil can only be added for flavour purposes. My 2 months old fish will be starting 4mm local tororrow. Hence,I will be milling their feed tomorrow as well. I intend to use the following formula. Soya 20kg,,bambara 50kg,,GNC 20kg,,egusi 20kg,indomie 25kg,,Gala 20,local fish 20kg,broiler starter 25kg. 1 ltr of livtovit and a sachet of Aquapro.That's for 180kg.

ur fish dey enjoy ooo. d fish dey chop indomie, gala etc
am sure its not this our paxkaged indomie u r using. i saw broken indomie tied in nylon bags sumtime i visited sango ota, is it d kindof indomie u mix? where can d indomie and gala be bought?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
Its the normal Indomie/Gala waste,not usually suitable for human consumptoion.You can get them at Abatoir in Agege or Sabo in Ikorodu.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Apitch(m): 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
mercylicious:

We have lots of d sellers here inAnambra. They are large importers of fishing line. What i dont know is if they retail. Most of their customers come from d north n buy things in large quantities.
If u can come down to anambra- go to 35 new mkt road, onitsha . there is afribank on the ground flor of the building. ask .

There is one other man at old mkt rd.

wish u luck.

What about good broodstocks in Anambra?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
Apitch:
What about good broodstocks in Anambra?

Guy, i dont know oo.But i know most ppl dt brood fish are at akpaka forest. There are some ppl dt sell fish feeds dt i see advertise (buy ur fingerlings).
Am not a fish farmer but learning all i can in farming. You may request to see d parent stock b4 u buy. Also note dt animal farms have office at asaba . Though ive nt been there, i feel they will have.

Am still a learner.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by korel9: 8:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
TOKUGAWA: Its the normal Indomie/Gala waste,not usually suitable for human consumptoion.You can get them at Abatoir in Agege or Sabo in Ikorodu.

Hi, I read ur post on the production of fish feed. Are u really producing d feeds urself? Can u pls brief me in detail? You can pls send it to korelconcepts@gmail.com if you don't mind. Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.