Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,343 members, 7,920,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 11:29 PM

The Strength In Knowledge - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Strength In Knowledge (3355 Views)

Draw Strength In The Lord By Praying / The 6 Unbelieveable Jawdropping Feats Of Strength In The Bible / The Strength His Joy Gives... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Strength In Knowledge by frank317: 8:52am On May 09, 2013
Pastor Olu T: knowing that God exist or not has nothing to do with free will. if we all have an innate awareness, that wont take away our free will to decide to worship him or not. in fact this innate knowledge will make any punishment God proposes after life more justifiable, because we are aware he is our God and Chose not to worship him. but we have no innate knowledge that he is our God (and hence the constant argument u see on nairaland and beyond) yet he chooses to punish us when we dounbt... pls how does that make sense

It has to do with our freewill, because if we realize that at times our freewill is being influenced then we can look at what actually influenced it. I will need you on the thread am i being influenced

how does knowing the God is your creator influence ur free will to decide to worship him or not? we know our father, we still have the choice to respect him or not and bear the consequence. pls stop twisting the fact here. is it better as we are not innately aware that he is our creator but learn it from our fellow humans? with this, doubting his existence is justifiable and punishing us for not believing his our creator (because we hear it from our fellow humans) is absolute wickedness. i have the choice to doubt he is my creator just as i have the choice to doubt that shango is my creator. but if i were innately aware, then i could be punished based on the choice i made with this knowledge. God should understand when people disbelieve the bible and not punish them when they disbelieve. punishing them means he has no understanding of how humans he created use the free will he gave them, it means he is selfish and inconsiderate.

Pastor Olu T:
Okay devil is the God of this world? and the God you worship is the God of which world? its funny that devil even challenged God, his creator(this devil na hard manooo) that he will decieve man and take man (who he knows God loved so much) to hell along with him. what did God do?

This is also connected to the freewill and the time He has set to judge all things, God created all things well but man used his freewill to go against Him and committed treason committing the world to the devil. But allowed devil to run things for a period of time after which He will judge all things and bring all back to His desired state.

still makes no sense to me base on my first response here.

Pastor Olu T:
he will judge all things? when its too late, after the devil might have succeeded in leading billions of his creations to hell?
he created us to worship him? then what is the purpose of the punishment for not worshiping him angle? was that also his purpose for creating us? he just created us to worship him or suffer in hell? it makes no sense to me. it is even annoying.

It does not have to make sense to you, but it is the actual fact, things like this is spiritually discerned. Does it make sense to you that some animal eat grass and produce milk and some do not, though it does not make sense but that is the actual fact of life shocked

a lot of things does not make sense to me and well... thats what got me having this conversation wit u. i wonder how it makes sense to you to the extent u call what u think about it as 'actual fact'. even the understanding ur so called spiritual dicernation gave u still makes no sense to me. i cant take it as fact when i am yet to understand. pls be honest.. did u chose to just accept it that way or did the spirit clarify it to u? if it was a spiritual clarification, so clear that u call it actual fact, why am i still in the loop with ur explanation?

Pastor Olu T:
God didnt create us perfect. if he created us perfect we wouldn't have gone astray. how can a perfect being go astray. can a perfect car breakdown on the road? do u know the meaning of perfect? is God not perfect? can God go astray?

Good analogy, yeah like if you pay close attention to all i have been saying since, you will realize that i said God created us perfect but we corrupted ourselves which is the reason for all this. When a perfect car develop fault due to the carelessness of the owner then it will definitely break down though it was made perfect? wink

a perfect car will never develop fault no matter how roughly it is used. once it develops fault, then it was never perfect no matter how well it was made. God is perfect, can anything make him corrupt? pls stop acting like u dont know the meaning of the word perfect, that attitude is becoming annoying.
Re: The Strength In Knowledge by PastorOluT(m): 10:29pm On May 10, 2013
@ Frank

I have decided that there should be a shift in the discussion because we seem to be going back and forth with it, so lets start again and take one question at a time.

Let me start by asking you this question, how did man came to be?
Re: The Strength In Knowledge by ooman(m): 11:26am On May 11, 2013
Pastor Olu T: @ Frank

I have decided that there should be a shift in the discussion because we seem to be going back and forth with it, so lets start again and take one question at a time.

Let me start by asking you this question, how did man came to be?

this is another back and forth question. We are apes and we evolved from apes, simple!
Re: The Strength In Knowledge by PastorOluT(m): 10:32pm On May 13, 2013
ooman:

this is another back and forth question. We are apes and we evolved from apes, simple!

Cant stop laughing grin

Do you really think that, i mean deep within you that your ancestors were apes? shocked undecided
Re: The Strength In Knowledge by PastorOluT(m): 11:16pm On May 18, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Cant stop laughing grin

Do you really think that, i mean deep within you that your ancestors were apes? shocked undecided

Ooman? undecided grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nature: Made For Man Or Indifferent To Man's Existence? / When Was Jesus Crucified? / A Church In Lagos Where Every Member Is Head Of Witches And Wizards.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.