Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,037 members, 7,915,997 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:38 PM

The Lost Key - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Lost Key (26609 Views)

The Lost Shoe ( A Short Story) / The Lost Love / The Lost Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
Neduzze5: Frank oga mi, in a situation where I don't comment or even commend you, then I would be in the wrong. Your style of writing thrills me, going from the real to the fake.
The situation in your story takes place in most homes. One attribute of a good story is its ability to teach morals and morales full your work wella. I just want to encourage you to keep the good work up and may the Lord be your strength. Amen!

wow, thank u very much and the Lord will bless u too

luvmijeje: Awww! Wonderful dialogue.
i am glad u love my work je je
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 8:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
i will try and update tomorrow even though i will be very busy... the update might come late, thanx all and one love
Re: The Lost Key by Bluediamond1(f): 8:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
Where av i been all dis while?good work frank,bt try do something abt d errors.
Wonderful story.
Re: The Lost Key by Jerry2i(m): 9:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
Wat more can i say bt 2 say............
WOWWWWW!
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 7:16am On Apr 06, 2013
Blue diamond: Where av i been all dis while?good work frank,bt try do something abt d errors.
Wonderful story.

sister, no mind me, my head too block for english, but i believe i will improve with time. tanx anyways
Re: The Lost Key by Emperortj93(m): 8:01am On Apr 09, 2013
101 Oga frank, i wil lyk 2 commend u 4 a job wel don. Btw u re gud irrespective of d typos, wil also enjoin u 2 keep dem comin even though i'm an undercover agent (reader) bt bear it in mind dat i ve bein followin u keenly from ur previous stories and b sure i wil b here also wen u commence any future project though as a retired agent
Re: The Lost Key by Dstar4u(m): 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2013
Frank, I always enjoy your stories. You've been so wonderful with your works. In short, I will say you have gifted hands and I will encourage you never to relent. I am seeing the beginning of best-selling novels. I am forced to comment since I've been following from the tenth generation and I will follow you till I see you doing great things in life. Well done
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 9:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
Emperortj93: 101 Oga frank, i wil lyk 2 commend u 4 a job wel don. Btw u re gud irrespective of d typos, wil also enjoin u 2 keep dem comin even though i'm an undercover agent (reader) bt bear it in mind dat i ve bein followin u keenly from ur previous stories and b sure i wil b here also wen u commence any future project though as a retired agent

Dstar4u: Frank, I always enjoy your stories. You've been so wonderful with your works. In short, I will say you have gifted hands and I will encourage you never to relent. I am seeing the beginning of best-selling novels. I am forced to comment since I've been following from the tenth generation and I will follow you till I see you doing great things in life. Well done

thnks guys for following. sorry for the fact that i have not been able to update. I lost my fiance in the terrible Ore benin road accident, and i am yet to put myself together to write. in fact, i am really broken... your words of encourage ment s really something i need now, cos life makes no meaning to me now. she was part of my motivation...
Re: The Lost Key by Mutaino7(m): 10:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
God will see u through. Deeply sorry 4 ur loss.
Re: The Lost Key by Ivyluvie: 10:27pm On Apr 10, 2013
frank3.16:

thnks guys for following. sorry for the fact that i have not been able to update. I lost my fiance in the terrible Ore benin road accident, and i am yet to put myself together to write. in fact, i am really broken... your words of encourage ment s really something i need now, cos life makes no meaning to me now. she was part of my motivation...
so sori bout dis....av bn folown ur writeup and am sori 4 nt commentn all dz tym....pls accept my condolence.....may her soul REST IN PEACE.May God be with u.
Re: The Lost Key by Santi222(m): 1:45am On Apr 11, 2013
Bro, I'm sorry to learn of your loss. In suituations like these, words often sound hollow and empty, but be rest assured that we feel the pain and sorrow of a guy who has given creativity a new name and brought joyful smiles to many faces with his writing. May her soul rest in peace. Bro, may the Lord God light up your heart again. Be Comforted.
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 8:07am On Apr 11, 2013
Mutaino7: God will see u through. Deeply sorry 4 ur loss.

Ivyluvie: so sori bout dis....av bn folown ur writeup and am sori 4 nt commentn all dz tym....pls accept my condolence.....may her soul REST IN PEACE.May God be with u.

Santi222: Bro, I'm sorry to learn of your loss. In suituations like these, words often sound hollow and empty, but be rest assured that we feel the pain and sorrow of a guy who has given creativity a new name and brought joyful smiles to many faces with his writing. May her soul rest in peace. Bro, may the Lord God light up your heart again. Be Comforted.

thank you very much, you dont know helpful your words of encouragement are.
Re: The Lost Key by BukkyDan(f): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2013
Oh Jeez! I'm sorry about the loss, may her soul rest in perfect peace.
May the good Lord give you the grace to bear the loss and also comfort you, the Lord is your strength
Re: The Lost Key by buskeske: 8:22am On Apr 11, 2013
Oh my God! Xoxo sorry, the Lord is ur strength
May God grant her soul a perfect rest in the bossom
Of Lord. I pray God gives you the fortitude to bear
The loss.
Re: The Lost Key by clockwise(m): 8:44am On Apr 11, 2013
Nice write up, GOD is ur strength. MAY GOD MAKE D LOSS A BLESSING IN DISUISE FOR U.
Re: The Lost Key by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 11, 2013
sad. I realy feel sori 4 u,may God replace her with sme1 beter 4 u my dear.. Accept dis little condolence cos we cannot do beta. We LUV u
Re: The Lost Key by Coldfaya(m): 11:12am On Apr 11, 2013
Oh hardluck Frank. May God console u n her family. RIP to the dead.

U v such a unique tallent I swear.
Re: The Lost Key by iebanehita(m): 5:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
frank3.16:

Sorry bros. May God give u d fortitude to bear ds irreparable loss. Be Strong.
Re: The Lost Key by Sapphire86(f): 6:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
I know it must hurt 2 hear pple say 'I'm sorry 4 ur loss'; all I can say is let d tears flow freely becuz it sad when sum1 who gave u wonderful memories has now becum a memory.
Attached is a very warm hug and a shoulder 2 cry on.
It will be well
Re: The Lost Key by Ice4jez(m): 7:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
frank accept my sincere condolences.take hrt she is in a beta place.sowi bro once more
Re: The Lost Key by Teespice(f): 9:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
Been a silent follower of your stories. Accept my deepest condolences. Take heart and may her soul rest in peace. It is well.
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 11:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
thanks guys, u guys are making it a little bit easy on me... thinking of updating soon. she loved my stories, so why should i stop writing? i think she would want me to continue

1 Like

Re: The Lost Key by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 12, 2013
frank3.16:
thanks guys, u guys are making it a little bit easy on me... thinking of updating soon. she loved my stories, so why should i stop writing? i think she would want me to continue

So sorry Frankie, so so sorry!
Re: The Lost Key by wumsgreen(f): 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2013
So sorry Fø̲̣я̅ Ūя̲̅ loss may d GƠ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D Lord comfort u, but pls know dat God knows best. May her gentle soul continue to rest in d blossom of God. Take heart bro
Re: The Lost Key by donifez(m): 5:10pm On Apr 12, 2013
Sorry 4 d loss...just started following ur write-ups,the sun ray reaches us even though its far...continue your good work even though she seems afar,Thanks.
Re: The Lost Key by oyestephen(m): 9:04pm On Apr 12, 2013
Sorry for the loss bro.....
Re: The Lost Key by avicky(f): 11:37pm On Apr 12, 2013
Please be strong. And may God fill the vaccuum she has left in your life. She has gone to rest in His bosom!
Re: The Lost Key by rofemiguwa(f): 12:42am On Apr 13, 2013
So sorry for ur loss frankie.take heart she's in a better place.this story got me crying.I can totally relate to it.
Re: The Lost Key by donifez(m): 12:49am On Apr 13, 2013
At last...i just finished reading ur work(tenth generation) so so great,is there any other?
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 5:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
wow, thanks guys for your condolence... i really appreciate your kind words.

well, i just want to finish up with this story so that i can start up with the one i am dedicating to my late love.

pls all condolence messages should go to the thread i opened for her. thanks.
Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
3.00pm

Ada walked into the kitchen, went straight to mum and whispered “I am on” into her ear. Mum looked at her and both of them smiled at each other.

“What are you ladies smiling about?” Dad asked from the door.

“Nothing” both ladies chorused.

“Okay, okay, that’s none my business, I understand.” Dad said and walked out of the kitchen.

It was time for lunch. The whole house was famished, and even though mum had asked Ada to wait unto her call before coming to eat, Ada had decided to come down and help. Dad was obviously not being very useful in the kitchen; he was just distracting mum. Both were trying all afternoon to reason out what happened to the key. It was really surprising to them.

In no time John and I joined them. The kitchen became filled up. Everybody wanted to feel the new vibe in the house. It was just warm.

I was no longer afraid of telling dad and mum that I was with the key. There was something in their faces that calmed me for the mean time.

Soon, lunch was ready; I joined dad and John on the dining table.

It was strange having everybody on the table, eating together!! Dad was all smiles. He looked more handsome in his mood.
“Let us pray,” Dad said after the food had been served. “Linda, pray for us.”

Somehow, I just knew dad would call me. “Thank you, father in heaven, for this meal. Thank you for today and using the lost key to bring us all together. Dear Lord, we ask that you sustain this new atmosphere of love you have bestowed unto us. We also ask you for forgiveness of our sins in the past. Forgive me specially for being responsible for the lost key. I believe that if you forgive me, my parents will also find it in their heart to forgive. Thank father for answering my prayers,”

Everybody chorused, “Amen”.

I didn’t open my eyes immediately, but I could feel pairs of eyes staring at me. Then I opened my eyes and looked straight at dad.

He was smiling.

“Why did you take the key?” He gently asked, he wasn’t going to allow this spoil his mood.

“It was a mistake dad; I mistakenly put it in my school bag last night before going to bed. I was feeling so sleepy that I didn’t know when or how I did it. I didn’t even remember what happened before I left the sitting room,” I said, with genuine remorse.

“But why didn’t you say anything about it since morning?” mum asked, she was really surprised that of all her kids, I was the one in possession of the missing key.

“I was scared mum. It was already too late when I realized that it was with me. The fear of what dad, who was already angry, would do to me didn’t allow me to tell anyone that I had it.” I answered.

“It’s alright, you don’t need to be afraid of me again, do you understand?” Dad said, with the smile still on his face. I guess he was amused by the fact that I had included the issue in my prayers. “Alright then, give the key to me.”
I looked at Ada, who was at first concerned that I had rattled myself out despite promising me that she would take the blame.

“I have it with me,” she said as she brought it out of her pocket.

“You knew about this too?” Mum asked.

“Yes mum, she told me not quite long ago.”

Can we now eat our meal? I am starving,” Dad said.

It was wonderful having the family come together and eat. Even though the eating session was somewhat awkward, but it sure looked like something we would get used to as long as it was done more often.

After meal dad said, “I want to apologize for not being there for you all in times past. I promise to be a better dad as from today.” I can’t explain how warm and comforting it was hearing those words from him. He looked like a changed man; his usually mean face was now softened with kindness.

“Let’s all try and ensure we have dinner together more often, there must be a genuine reason not to be present. I want you all to feel free with me, I am your father and it is wrong that we all don’t get along. We are one family and we must act like one. Am I understood?”

“Yes dad,” we all chorused, looking at each other amusingly.

“Finally, every Sunday will be our family day out. We will eat outside and visit exotic places in town. But for today, we can also take some time out. So I want you to decide where you would like to visit this evening. Go get dressed up, because I will be taking you to any place of your choice.

We all smiled and giggled excitedly as we dispersed from the sitting room. Ada helped mum pack the plates while I and John rushed into our rooms to dress up.

The lost key had turned around to be a good thing after all.

-----------------------------------------------------------

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lost Key by frank317: 5:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
The next day

Dad didn’t switch on his mobile phone until he got to the office. He was ready to resign but wasn’t ready to hear anything that would spoil his new found mood.

Well, after a long discussion with his boss, he was given the choice to state his working condition.

Dad was very valuable to the company and the sacrifice he had made couldn’t be over looked. An apology was rendered to him and he was given the choice to state his working conditions. The burden of work on him was also reduced by the provision of a capable assistant.

-----------------------------------

Thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoyed my story and as well took note of the message I meant to convey.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Must Read Books By African Authors / Glory Abah Read 27 Books In January / Kasala The Lighting Stone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.