Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,740 members, 7,915,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:36 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (780) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1121574 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by trustbaba(m): 5:47am On May 13, 2019
fk001:
John Snow for the throne. I need Danny's head on a plate.

Blood thirsty vampire, why kill innocent children.

If you want Danny to be dead say Aye
cheesy when I was saying that they were pitting Dany
grin its time for ageon to take the throne.. what a sweet bitter ending...

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nltaliban(m): 5:51am On May 13, 2019
meobizy:

Varys composed letters regarding Jon’s lineage.
It was assumed he sent some to God knows where.
He tried to convince Jon to do the right thing and take the throne from Dany.
Jon did his zombie she-is-my-queen thing.
Tyrion saw all this play out and reported to the queen.
She scolded Tyrion for falling mugu to Sansa (you’ll understand when you watch the episode).
She executed Varys by fire.
Jon starts double-thinking.
She tells Tyrion later that Jamie was captured and made prisoner.
Tyrion goes to release his brother, hoping he can save the people of KL.
Meanwhile Arya and the Sandor arrive at KL, hoping to kill Cersei and the mountain.
The next day, everyone is prepared for battle.
Dany makes short work of Euron’s fleets and KL’s guards.
All the scorpions are burnt, the Iron Fleet sunken and Cersei is staring down a mad queen while covered by peasants.
Jamie rings the bell to signal KL’s defeat.
The mad queen no send you, she’s highly emotional like that.
Fire rains on KL, peasant and soldier alike are consumed in the fury.
Jon starts double-thinking again.
Meanwhile The Hound convinces Arya to turn back or die in KL over a foolish mission.
She finally agrees and leaves.
Sandor meets The Mountain and confronts him for their final battle.
The Mountain kills Qyburn while Sandor kills a few guards.
Cersei sneaks away while the men settle their lifelong feud.
A battle ensues then Sandor pushes both himself and brother into fire.
Jamie kills Euron, runs into the castle to save his sister, meets her, she’s emotional because all is lost and embraces him.
They try to escape but all exits are blocked with wreckage.
They die in each other’s arms.
Arya runs around, confused and showing the viewers a third person view of a dragon’s scale of destruction.
A feel of dread fills her from time to time as she realizes they may have unleashed a fate worse than Cersei on Westeros.
She tries to save some peasants but fails woefully.
After the destruction she mounts a white horse and heads home.
The episode ends.

You forgot that the mountain broke qybums head shocked bush rat caught the Hunter

That was the mad queen. Nah I just hope they name this episode Dracarys
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nltaliban(m): 5:53am On May 13, 2019
BenzEne1:
Nobody should blame Danerys for burning KL. She has been pushed to her limit. I loved every bit of this episode.

I would burn Tyrion too if I was her. She has been diplomatic enough abeg. Say hello to her little guy,,,,,,

Best scene was the Sandor & Gregor fight to the death tho. My fav character is gone cry

The mountain looked immortal. Whatever that qybuym did is out of this world
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by fk001(m): 5:54am On May 13, 2019
trustbaba:

cheesy when I was saying that they were pitting Dany
grin its time for ageon to take the throne.. what a sweet bitter ending...

The westoros army surrendered but the nut head still carried out the attack who does that? a villain or a hero?

Instead of her to walk through the red keep and capture cercie but she chose to barbecue the whole city.

7 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by fk001(m): 5:56am On May 13, 2019
And that over fed Greyworm angry

Hmmmmmnm let me just reserve my comment
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gentlewarrior1(m): 5:58am On May 13, 2019
Daenerys better die in this last episode 6

And i hope jon snow gets to be the one to kill that beast. Hopefully she and the dragon will be somehow killed next episode

Men this episode 5 was totally epic and brutal. The hound and mountain fight scene was dope too especially as both died through fire in the end
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nltaliban(m): 5:59am On May 13, 2019
Mrphilia:
Arya will kill Dany.

That's the green eyes

13 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gentlewarrior1(m): 6:07am On May 13, 2019
fk001:

The westoros army surrendered but the nut head still carried out the attack who does that? a villain or a hero?

Instead of her to walk through the red keep and capture cercie but she chose to barbecue the whole city.
She is a mad woman and bloody villain

Although a lot of reasons for her to go mad.

They say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Worst of all a powerful targaryan with her dragon whom madness runs in her vein.

The moment jon snow no gree make love to her. I no say better problem must dey.
The bitvh has always had one goal in life and that's the iron throne and she is power hungry way more than even cersei and she turned out to be more brutal.

The fact that she tried to suppress jons claim to the throne already shows she's a tyrant and a villain; had it been she didn't know jon was stupid and lacked ambitions and he didn't repeatedly assure her of his allegiance, believe me this animal for done find way kill am since. I know all she did was out of fear and nit being loved and all but walai daenerys na confirm beast and her reign will be brutal

Kudos to the writers men Got is a masterpiece

I just hope they just give me the joy of watching daenerys die

11 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 6:09am On May 13, 2019
At the beginning, Dany followed my 'advice'. She destroyed Euron's fleet, the ballistas, and the golden company, forcing the Lannisters to surrender. I was so impressed. She had mastered the use of her dragon and won the battle for Kings Landing without any civilian casualties.

And then the heartbreaking horror show started. It took less than 5 minutes for me to go from "you go, girl!" to "that bitch needs to die".

48 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gentlewarrior1(m): 6:16am On May 13, 2019
Seun:
At the beginning, Dany followed my 'advice'. She destroyed Euron's fleet, the ballistas, and the golden company, forcing the Lannisters to surrender. I was so impressed. She had mastered the use of her dragon and won the battle for Kings Landing without any civilian casualties.

And then the heartbreaking horror show started. took less than 5 minutes for me to go from "you go, girl!" to "that bitch needs to die".
cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 6:17am On May 13, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:
The fact that she tried to suppress Jon's claim to the throne already shows she's a tyrant and a villain;
I disagree with you. Everything she did up to the point where the Lannister army surrendered was perfectly rational and understandable. If any King learned about the existence of someone who had a better claim to the throne, they would immediately kill that person. In season 1, Robert sent an assassin after Dany when he learned that she was pregnant because her son would have a better claim to the throne than Robert. Also, Joffery or Cersie tried to kill all the babies and children fathered by Robert as a result of his reckless whoring. Only Gendry managed to escape. Dany never tried to kill Jon, so she was better than most. When you have suffered all your life to achieve a goal, it is difficult to abandon it.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by silent10(m): 6:25am On May 13, 2019
What did i just watched cry angry
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Maxcollins042(m): 6:26am On May 13, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:
Daenerys better die in this last episode 6

And i hope jon snow gets to be the one to kill that beast. Hopefully she and the dragon will be somehow killed next episode

Men this episode 5 was totally epic and brutal. The hound and mountain fight scene was dope too especially as both died through fire in the end

Trust HBO when it comes to an element of surprise. No one envisaged that a scene like episode 5's will rear its head up in any of the seasons.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HBB1(m): 6:26am On May 13, 2019
Finally finished (or rewatched) the episode... Have to say it was nice.
The Hound may be dead, but his manhood lives on-- GOAT! Eyan Sokskajaer!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:27am On May 13, 2019
Sterope:
You know what they say, birds of the same feather undecided

Where are the team Daenerys? A character arc about being the mad Queen could not have been more obvious.

I said this before but they are just by the flying of dragons and other shits. Cersei is a thousand times better than the white headed idiot

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:31am On May 13, 2019
Seun:

I disagree with you. Everything she did up to the point where the Lannister army surrendered was perfectly rational and understandable. If any King learned about the existence someone who had a better claim to the throne, they would immediately kill that person. In season 1, Robert sent an assassin after Dany when he learned that she was pregnant because her son would have a better claim to the throne than Robert. Also, Joffery or Cersie tried to kill all the babies and children fathered by Robert as a result of his reckless whoring. Only Gendry managed to escape. Dany never tried to kill Jon, so she was better than most. When you have suffered all your life to achieve a goal, it is difficult to abandon it.
lol but she is not the queen. Calling yourself queen doesn't make you one
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Maxcollins042(m): 6:31am On May 13, 2019
Seun:

I disagree with you. Everything she did up to the point where the Lannister army surrendered was perfectly rational and understandable. If any King learned about the existence someone who had a better claim to the throne, they would immediately kill that person. In season 1, Robert sent an assassin after Dany when he learned that she was pregnant because her son would have a better claim to the throne than Robert. Also, Joffery or Cersie tried to kill all the babies and children fathered by Robert as a result of his reckless whoring. Only Gendry managed to escape. Dany never tried to kill Jon, so she was better than most. When you have suffered all your life to achieve a goal, it is difficult to abandon it.

It's only tyrants and villains that suppresses potential successors, outside their lineage, to their throne.

From King Robert to Cercei are all tyrants and villains.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DP84: 6:32am On May 13, 2019
Dany is everything! grin

I predicted this was going to happen and knew King's Landing wouldn't be spared.

Several factors fuelled her rage and she would have found comfort or calmed her freyed nerves had Jon been able to love her back. Sadly, she took solace in her rage and turned everything around.

So many highpoints in the new episode!

1. Varys' Death
2. The less-than-five minutes destruction of Euron's fleet and the quick destruction of the ballistas strategically positioned to take down Drogon.
3. The swift ending of the Golden Company. Damn! grin
4. Greyworm's first attack on surrendered enemy soldiers (it was a moment of emotion and rage).
5. Dany and Drogon's rampage on King's Landing.
6. Cersei's tears when she realized she had lost (I love this part! cheesy)
7. Qyburn's plastering on broken bricks. It was soooo swift! grin
8. Euron and Jamie's face-off. Two pussy-whipped clowns. Lol!
9. The Clegane brother's face. It was so poetic!
10. Arya looking like Charlie Chaplain when she got up from the rubbles grin
11. Cersei's ending. Poetic but swift. I would have loved that she groveled and begged for her life at the hands of someone before dying. That would have given me so much satisfaction cheesy

The Mad Queen inspires fear! Well, I felt for the unfortunate, innocent souls of King's Landing. Sadly, there are always casualties in war. It could have been avoided in this case but it isn't just about winning sometimes.

I just hope the Mad Queen reaches for Sansa and show her this aspect of her craze. Sansa needs to fall in line. grin

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by silent10(m): 6:34am On May 13, 2019
HBB1:
So not even 1 ballista could hit the dragon.
Ok o!
I was surprised too undecided that's so unrealistic. Well, i have seen worse plots in this season.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ChopDeMoney(m): 6:35am On May 13, 2019
What is the colour of Danny's eye again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 6:35am On May 13, 2019
I actually love the destruction of the Capital.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:38am On May 13, 2019
BenzEne1:
Nobody should blame Danerys for burning KL. She has been pushed to her limit. I loved every bit of this episode.

I would burn Tyrion too if I was her. She has been diplomatic enough abeg. Say hello to her little guy,,,,,,

Best scene was the Sandor & Gregor fight to the death tho. My fav character is gone cry

shut up abeg. Who pushed her to her limits, Cersei or the peasants? She got Cersei and anyone else she could ask for then decide to burn everybody now it is not her fault.
Tell me if it were Jon that did that would you have said that he was pushed to his limits?
Because she's a woman it's other people's fault

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 6:38am On May 13, 2019
silent10:

I was surprised too undecided that's so unrealistic. Well, i have seen worse plots in this season.
Nah... Go and re-watch the episode, and you will see that she did the opposite of their expectations by attacking from another rear angle.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:40am On May 13, 2019
ChopDeMoney:
What is the colour of Danny's eye again?
I think dany is the one Aarya would kill. First I would be supporting Aarya's assassin mission since Lord Frey

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 6:41am On May 13, 2019
BenzEne1:

Yeah, Dracarys... She wanted to let it go, but i guess Missandei...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 6:44am On May 13, 2019
Talking Points From S08E05

>>Dany Finally Snaps

We've all known we were headed this path for some episodes now, even Dany supporters like me. Missandei's beheading proved to be the unwanted catalyst. Dany had always clung to her advisers, but with Jorah and Missandei gone, only Jon could have provided the support needed. It goes to show how far the Mother of a Dragon can go when pushed to the edge by Cersei. Probably, Jon should have forgotten about incest and kissed her longer. grin

The question now is 'How does Dany continue to be a Liberator after all that carnage?'
One thing we know though, by destroying the Red Keep and by extension, the Iron Throne, Dany has broken the wheel. This has always been the danger of any revolution. The rebels usually become everything they rebelled against at last.

>> Valonqar Prophecy Fulfilled?

“When your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”

After the PTWP prophecy hit the gutters, I knew the Valonqar prophecy was following it in a similar direction. Yes, you could argue that Jaime did wrap his hands (sorry, hand) around her, but it definitely wasn't to choke her.

>> Another Character Dies In His Woman's Hands

Jaime, Jaime, Jaime. Some argued after last week's episode that he was going back to KL to kill Cersei. Oh, come on. This is Jaime freaking Lannister we're talking about. He has been in love with Cersei from the beginning and he made it clear, for instance, to Lord Tully, that he'll do anything, such as catapulting the Riverlord's baby, for Cersei. That was even after he had his 'life changing encounter' with Brienne.

>> Good Dog

The Hound finally got his revenge against the Mountain. During the fight, I was one of the morons screaming 'Stab him in the eye! Stab him in the eye! That's his weak point'. Turns out that freak has no weak point, Qyburn literally gave his all for the project . The Hound realizes this and drags himself and his brother towards the fire, his greatest fear. That battle scene was visually glorious.

One thing though, why is the Hound so protective of the Stark girls? His telling Arya to back off, prolly saved her life.

>> Is Dany On The List Now?

Arya's famous list. Famous for the reason that most on it die at the hands of someone other than hers. Arya witnessed the destruction first hand, saw the way both allies and enemies, innocents and otherwise got massacred, even when KL had surrendered. Would it be a stretch to think that she will make an attempt on the Dragon Queen's life?

Then there's Jon to contend with. After seeing the desolation of KL, will Jon kill the woman he loves or will he let things slide as he's been doing for some episodes now?

10 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gentlewarrior1(m): 6:45am On May 13, 2019
Seun:

Smart thinking. You have a valid point.

Still yet i really hope we all get to watch her die; i never thought a day will come when i had despise dany angry

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HBB1(m): 6:45am On May 13, 2019
philfearon:

Nah... Go and re-watch the episode, and you will see that she did the opposite of their expectations by attacking from another rear angle.

In real life, if dragons existed , one of those ballistas would have hit. Those ships were quite many and she destroyed them all like that?!
Not to talk of those on the wall.
When you can just shoot a cluster in her direction as she was diving like Nigerian Airforce-- One must hit.
Same way she evaded 'all' of them when Rhaegal was shot down!
Shouldn't have been that easy.
But what would I say, its TV and should be enjoyed, I will pick up my brain again when I go for Logic 101 classes.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 6:45am On May 13, 2019
lilbest4:
lol but she is not the queen. Calling yourself queen doesn't make you one
She is the queen to her allies. Jon Snow, Olenna Tyrell(RIP), Yara Greyjoy, the new Dornish prince, etc. Power exists where men think it does. In the world of this story, Dany was one of the most benevolent rulers or aspiring rulers until the moment when she started killing civilians.

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DP84: 6:47am On May 13, 2019
I love Arya a whole lot but the way the show runners project her makes her look overrated. One minute, you left Winterfell with the purpose of killing Cersei, only to rescind on the decision with eyes like that of an adorable puppy.

The amount of fear she shows at the brink of death is overwhelming and shocking for a top notch assassin who fairly knows death. And to think that she had some flash-like powers to kill the NK is interesting amidst all the fears she exhibits.

7 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by eniola1010(m): 6:49am On May 13, 2019
Seun:

And then the heartbreaking horror show started. It took less than 5 minutes for me to go from "you go, girl!" to "that bitch needs to die".

Why dis ur bot not censor bitch?

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) ... (859) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.