Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award (12324 Views)

Meet Francisca Okereke, First Female Dean, FPS, UNN. / 10 States With The Highest Literacy Rate, According To Unesco. / Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by OkparaIgbo: 3:28am On Apr 03, 2013
OMG this is just great news and one that adds to the accolade of Igbo born and breed beings of exceptional excellence. (Two people from the same ethnic group.. It definitely is not a coincidence). Sometimes I just wonder what the land of the rising sun whould have been like if we achieved it. JAPAN, USA, CHINA AND DUBIA would have had nothing on we the people of The Republic of Biafra.!(Who are the people slowing us down.. angry) Little wonder over 4000 views and just 2 pages cos it's good news...TUFIAKWA FOR THE HATERS BUSYING HATING AND ANGRY THAT WE DISPLAY ISREALI FLAG SIDE BY SIDE WITH BIAFRAN FLAG. KEEP HATING,WHILE WE KEEP MOVING FORWARD

5 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by cfours: 3:42am On Apr 03, 2013
guruobinna:
Bro! He's nt tribalisin anytin. He's only sayin d obvious n d earlier u n me accept dat d 'quota system' is killin us d beta 4 us

proove yourself before talking. if you igbos were so bright, SE will look like America by now and everybody will be dying to live there even if they have to wash toilet or sleep under the bridge.
But we all know it's the other way round. Ibo parasites fleeing their region and wishing to reap in places they did not sow. na greed dey kill you.
quota ko, counter ni.

why not leave the public sector and go and work in private sector? abi is there quota in private sector? shouldn't you be in private sector anyway, if you're so smart?
Over-sabi.
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by cfours: 3:48am On Apr 03, 2013
What the topic fails to mention is that the award is for only "Women In Science"
we all know that it is the women that are achievers in Igbo tribe. Nwela Okonjo etc. the men are usually spare part dealers.

If the award was not gender restrained, then certainly yoruba men will lead the race cool
if you look at the ministers in nigeria for example, 90% of igbo ministers in nigeria are women.
so where are the men. selling CDs and akpoche in ketu grin
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by ukukaegbu(m): 3:56am On Apr 03, 2013
c.fours:
What the topic fails to mention is that the award is for only "Women In Science"
we all know that it is the women that are achievers in Igbo tribe. Nwela Okonjo etc. the men are usually spare part dealers.

If the award was not gender restrained, then certainly yoruba men will lead the race cool
if you look at the ministers in nigeria for example, 90% of igbo ministers in nigeria are women.

So dumb!

9 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by cfours: 3:58am On Apr 03, 2013
^ I will forgive you. Only just because you look good in your profile pic.
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by OkparaIgbo: 3:59am On Apr 03, 2013
c.fours:

So we produced our Igbo women before the world and you are here shamelessly comparing them to your yoroobaa men.. shocked OMG some people no get shame at all. Why not compare like for like or were your yoroobaa women busy in the consumption of amala and ewedu when our Igbo women were busy working.. shocked shocked By the way you still see our Igbo men making waves everywhere around the world in science, sport, politics, literature et.all. I laugh at how stuwpid you sounded when you compared our women to your men.. cheesy cheesy Hide your head in shame son although say I know yoroobaa peeps no get shame. I'm out

9 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by cfours: 4:05am On Apr 03, 2013
there is no comparison there. if it were open to all genders. yorubas will win. no competition. I'm glad we both agree to that. cool
now you can go back and continue preparing your spare part shop for tomorrow. since that's the only area you make waves in. go ahead... run along...

studying is not required to open spare part shop. maybe that's why ibo parents invest more on their daughters academically.
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by ukukaegbu(m): 5:09am On Apr 03, 2013
c.fours:
^ I will forgive you. Only just because you look good in your profile pic.

Thanks for forgiving me.
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Watermelon(m): 5:10am On Apr 03, 2013
bros856: Make them marry ooooo! they are not carrying any of those awards to anyway at old age. Family first.
Look at this mugu,what have you achieved? and for your information, prof. Okeke has six children, all professionals, (medical doctors, pharmacists, Engineer), she is also a grandmother,(8 grandchildren and still counting, do get a life please, must op publish her family details alongside her academic achievements. The husband too is a professor.

2 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Watermelon(m): 5:14am On Apr 03, 2013
Nuzo':

Not everyone buys the idea of marriage.
However, she seem to be happily married to an acheiver in the person of Professor PN Okeke. (You know the book PN Okeke?)

Pnokeke.com
Don't mind the dumb guy, i doubt if he went to secondary school because if he did he would have come across several text books written by the Okekes.
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by M17: 5:35am On Apr 03, 2013
c.fours:

proove yourself before talking. if you igbos were so bright, SE will look like America by now and everybody will be dying to live there even if they have to wash toilet or sleep under the bridge.
But we all know it's the other way round. Ibo parasites fleeing their region and wishing to reap in places they did not sow. na greed dey kill you.
quota ko, counter .

/

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by baggylips(m): 5:45am On Apr 03, 2013
Agrika: Am next, but in the field of plant genetics.
hw fr hv u gone in ur research?m'also a plant biotechnologist.we d GREEN TEAM
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Onlytruth(m): 6:02am On Apr 03, 2013
c.fours:

quota ko, counter ni.

why not leave the public sector and go and work in private sector? abi is there quota in private sector? shouldn't you be in private sector anyway, if you're so smart?
Over-sabi.

My friend I don't think you reason well. Please don't take offense.

I'll give you an analogy.

There is a country of animals -made up of MANY different animals -lions, tigers, pigs, goat, eagles, etc.
It just happened that by accident of history, the pig connived to capture power, and set out to design the nation according to its world-view.
Lion, goats, tigers, eagles, all were forced to view the world from the pigs perspective.
The lion abandoned its games of catching and eating other animals in the open grasslands of the savana; same with the tiger;the eagle cannot build its nest on the tree tops; the goat abandoned eating grass too.

All were forced to dwell in the mud and scavenge from there, like the pig. Occasionally, the eagle would "escape" and go "abroad" to win laurels for the "animal nation"; but it still has to return there and dwell in the mud, else, it would be accused of arrogance and haughtiness and pride. As "one nation", all animals must necessarily roll around in the mud/cesspit as a way to ensure that each never singles itself out for censure by "the center" (an alliance of animals at home with the pig's ideology).

Is there any amount of external laurels that would enable the eagle to create an appropriate "eagles nest" inside the mud? Not on the watch of the pig overlord of course! Every good thing must begin and end in the mud, according to the pig.

The eagle's natural dwelling place -its nest- is on TOP OF THE TALLEST TREES, but it would be ganged up on and connived against if it dares to escape the mud for a proper tree top. The last time it tried, the gang up almost exterminated it.

But one thing the eagle knows for sure is that the pig will not rule for ever, at least not a unified "animal nation". One of these days, the pig will be forced to accept to never rule again, or the animal nation will divide. The eagle knows this because its natural habit is to fly as high as possible to view the future. It is the animal with the longest foresight. cool

12 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by nnomy3: 6:15am On Apr 03, 2013
Jastombutex11:

U don't need to explain to us how daft and clueless u are. She is referred to as NIGERIAN they don't give a damn about what region she comes from. U are just too daft must you display your stupidity all the time?? HABA!!! shocked angry angry undecided
dat region tinz, accept or... cool
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by OneNaira6: 6:23am On Apr 03, 2013
i used to look down on Nigeria colleges but the more i read this type of awards for that country, the more i change my perspective and i stand corrected. Last one i saw was an engineering award won by i believe a school in IMO or was it Abia state. someone fill it in, it was posted here few weeks ago. an award won out of all the African countries competitors. now this two women. one in Enugu university and another in PH. I admire this new changes sha. changing my perspective on some colleges in that country. hmm, i might even start investing in colleges in SS/SE region seems like something that that needs to be invested in and don't fear your money being wasted. I'm very proud of them. continue, more of una should continue and don't let anything stop your advancement.

5 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by EMMABC1(m): 6:46am On Apr 03, 2013
@c.four. Shameless Yoruba. U 've just admitted that yoruba women are total failures. For ur info, Igbo men are geniuses in science and have done great things. Philip Emeagwali ind d area of supercomputers and oil prospection, Barth Nnaji in d power sector, Leo Stan Ekeh in computers and softwares, Innocent Chukwuma in motor manufacturing, Ezekiel Izuogu d first motor manufacturer and so on. Do these names ring a bell? And yet your men are in motor parks doing agbero job and in d govt stealing money and bringing other pple down.

5 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 03, 2013
Onlytruth:

My friend I don't think you reason well. Please don't take offense.

I'll give you an analogy.

There is a country of animals -made up of MANY different animals -lions, tigers, pigs, goat, eagles, etc.
It just happened that by accident of history, the pig connived to capture power, and set out to design the nation according to its world-view.
Lion, goats, tigers, eagles, all were forced to view the world from the pigs perspective.
The lion abandoned its games of catching and eating other animals in the open grasslands of the savana; same with the tiger;the eagle cannot build its nest on the tree tops; the goat abandoned eating grass too.

All were forced to dwell in the mud and scavenge from there, like the pig. Occasionally, the eagle would "escape" and go "abroad" to win laurels for the "animal nation"; but it still has to return there and dwell in the mud, else, it would be accused of arrogance and haughtiness and pride. As "one nation", all animals must necessarily roll around in the mud/cesspit as a way to ensure that each never singles itself out for censure by "the center" (an alliance of animals at home with the pig's ideology).

Is there any amount of external laurels that would enable the eagle to create an appropriate "eagles nest" inside the mud? Not on the watch of the pig overlord of course! Every good thing must begin and end in the mud, according to the pig.

The eagle's natural dwelling place -its nest- is on TOP OF THE TALLEST TREES, but it would be ganged up on and connived against if it dares to escape the mud for a proper tree top. The last time it tried, the gang up almost exterminated it.

But one thing the eagle knows for sure is that the pig will not rule for ever, at least not a unified "animal nation". One of these days, the pig will be forced to accept to never rule again, or the animal nation will divide. The eagle knows this because its natural habit is to fly as high as possible to view the future. It is the animal with the longest foresight. cool

On behalf of Federal government of Nairaland under the administration of Seun Oswewa( Ph.d) GCFR. I rename you BRIGHT okpocha AKA basket mouth cos u are so bright .... Thanks for explaining everything in details to that dummy and mind u he doesn't even understand your tales. Lol Good one

6 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by nwabobo: 6:59am On Apr 03, 2013
Jastombutex11:

U don't need to explain to us how daft and clueless u are. She is referred to as NIGERIAN they don't give a damn about what region she comes from. U are just too daft must you display your stupidity all the time?? HABA!!! shocked angry angry undecided

Thank you. If the title were to be 1500 Nugerians in Malaysian prisons for drug related offences, You'd say they are from a particular tribe. Now that it is a positive achievement, they are Nugerians.

Look in the mirror my friend, and you'll see the stupid man.

6 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Ewoma45(f): 7:04am On Apr 03, 2013
Cngrats Dr Eucharia my fsb lecturer.miss endowed gan!
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by nwabobo: 7:05am On Apr 03, 2013
c.fours:

quota ko, counter ni.

Over-sabi.

Bro, the economic revolution has started. With the pace of at which industrialisation and infrastructural development is going on in the South East after decades of neglect by successive governments, I can assure you that by the time GEJ completes his tenure in 2019, The South East will be an economic power house.

6 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by truelovecom: 7:21am On Apr 03, 2013
c.fours:
there is no comparison there. if it were open to all genders. yorubas will win. no competition. I'm glad we both agree to that. cool
now you can go back and continue preparing your spare part shop for tomorrow. since that's the only area you make waves in. go ahead... run along...

studying is not required to open spare part shop. maybe that's why ibo parents invest more on their daughters academically.

Where were your dull and illiterate yoruba brain , when an igbo man "philip emagwali" built the fastest computer in the world. And where was your lazy brains , when a book "things fall apart" written by chinua achebe , became the highest selling book ever written by a black man in the world……Where was your lazy tribe , when Kanu nwankwo won the European best player award(back to back) and also African best player at the same time..

7 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by nwabobo: 7:39am On Apr 03, 2013
c.fours:

And what stops your women from achieving? Oh I forgot they achieve as well in their chosen field. These names come to mind;

Iyabo Obasanjo

Adenike Grange

Patricia Etteh

4 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Agrika: 7:42am On Apr 03, 2013
Pls o, let this not disintegrate into another Igbo vs Yoruba thread abeg
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Airforce1(m): 7:42am On Apr 03, 2013
Good to know they're both Ibo

The award woulda been given to those people from[b] SW[/b] region if the judges were Nigerians.... (Bribery things that is)

1 Like

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by 1MCN: 7:43am On Apr 03, 2013
nwabobo: Why is it that whenever quota system is not used, people from one particular region seem to excel? Especially with international organisations where there is no ojoro or man know man as is commonly practised in Nigeria.

Congrats Prof. Okeke and Nwaichi.

Just my personal observation though.
Let me claim that I understood what you're insinuating.
The reason is that it's in their custom and tradition to thrive most in an environment of healthy competition and not one in which meritocracy is replaced with mediocrity. That's why they hate this our so-called quota system and I've always insisted that that policy is one of our most undoing in this country.
Am honestly not trying to tribalizing this thread but I think Nig should learn from these people this merit system and we wont be long to becomes world's greatest. Let us train our kids like that, grant school admissions like, scholarships, jobs, elections, appointments, etc.
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 03, 2013
IGBO women are too brainy..... unlike the other ppl that invest their money on bleaching cream grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 03, 2013
c.fours:

Mumu underage, yet an IGBO man is a commissioner in Lagos, look at all the investment and financial management he is bringing to lagos, Most Igbo spare part dealers in Lagos are all graduates if u dont know , they will get the certificate and dump it one corner while making their Benjamin from business

3 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by nwabobo: 7:57am On Apr 03, 2013
c.fours:

Dude, this is a list of so called "spare parts dealers" from Anambra state alone, can you please post a list of achievers from your state and let's compare. Failure to do so means you accept defeat.

ANAMBRA STATE

Odumegwu Ojukwu

Chinua Achebe

Emeka Anyaoku

Chimamanda Adichie

Cardinal Arinze

Philip Emeagwali

Alex Ekwueme

Dora Akunyili

Chinyelu Onwura (Labour Party MP, UK)

Chuka Umunna (Labour party MP, UK)

Charles Soludo

Oby Ezekwesili

Cosmas Maduka (Coscharis)

Cletus Ibeto

Emeka Offor

Mikel Obi

P square

Nnamdi Azikiwe

Nwafor Orizu (Nigeria's 1st senate presido)

Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu (1st African multi millionaire)

Chike Obi

Kenneth Dike (1st Nigerian VC of a university UI)

Ben Enweonwu

Pius Okigbo

Chuba Okadigbo

Jerome Udoji

Cyprian Ekwensi

Osita Osadebe

Oliver de Coque

Augustine Ilodibe (Ekene DiliChukwu)

Samuel Okoye etc

6 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Watermelon(m): 8:00am On Apr 03, 2013
I can see the reason why Niogeria is stagnant, tribalism and religious bigotry.You kids should stop this [/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]tribal bashing, its seriously annoying and I wonder why Nigerians blame other nationals when they invade nairaland to insult them.
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by josites(m): 8:25am On Apr 03, 2013
bros856: Make them marry ooooo! they are not carrying any of those awards to anyway at old age. Family first.
because you are a nonentity you act stupidly often times. Prof okeke is the wife of PN okeke, from department of physics and astronomy. Their children are also making waves in sciences. Is marriage an achievement? Idiot

2 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 03, 2013
I really dont wanna derail this but if the Igbos want it they can bring it on
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by truelovecom: 8:50am On Apr 03, 2013
ayswags: I really dont wanna derail this but if the Igbos want it they can bring it on

bring it on, am ready for you and your jealous tribe.
OFE-NMANU

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2015: Politicians With Criminal Recordwill Not Be Allowed – IG / Lecturers Endorse Buhari, Say Atiku Part Of Nigeria’s Problems. / Guidelines To Journalists: Saraki Disowns National Assembly Clerk, Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.