Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,608 members, 7,944,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:34 AM

Experience - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Experience (22642 Views)

Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? / Live Streaming Of Convocation At Covenant University / Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experience by moneyhungry(m): 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2013
patholaw: @OP you fall my hand...after all d gragra u still beg cum pay 5k on top..... grin grin
oh, d guys fall ur hands?
d guy fall my head n legs...
Re: Experience by farmbiz: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
The Oga @ the top saga proved to us all that Nigerians are no longer playing the "onlookers" game, we are despite all that is being thrown at us more analytical and broad minded, if everyone will look at this analytically, without being bias we may be able to correct somethings like we did in the case of "my oga...." The guys that were attacked by the security people were not in anyway violent (according to the report). I see no reason why the lecturer in question couldn't take his time to find out what the guys were up to with the help of the same security before asking them to pounce on them. This is not fair to the guys and also to the schools image. If the school really love to maintain the good image of the school they should investigate this properly and make amends (probably some sanctionings, apologies etc). Their image is far too precious for them to allow things like this to mess it up. We should stop being sentimental, this has nothing to do with our faith or our believe, it has a lot to do about speaking up against wrong doings, corruptions, etc.

3 Likes

Re: Experience by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
Billyonaire: I can relate to that, the security at that canaanland are immature and overzealous.
I DONT GET IT WHY GO AND WORSHIP IN A PLACE WHERE U WILL MOST LIKELY GET BEATEN.
U GO FOR BLESSINGS AND SOME ZEALOTS BLESS U INSTEAD WITH HOT SLAPS
& U RETURN THERE FOR MORE R U A DONKEY?

4 Likes

Re: Experience by shalomtemmy(f): 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2013
lecturers checking in student..........convenant is indeed an advance secondary skul.
bros sorry o

1 Like

Re: Experience by ow11(m): 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
Can't this experience be described as kidnap? Are those security guards Government Security Agents or Private security guards?

Is it possible to charge the school with assault and kidnap? Would something happen that will stop this overly ambitious and unnecessary show of power by of the guards in that school?

2 Likes

Re: Experience by Richard2010(m): 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2013
One thing i don't understand:how can "lecturers stand in the front hall admitting students and checking their belongings"?that should be security's work na.ABI KILE NI MO SO ?

2 Likes

Re: Experience by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2013
patholaw: @OP you fall my hand...after all d gragra u still beg cum pay 5k on top..... grin grin

MY THOTS BRO HAHAHAHAHA THIS ONE NA 6-0
1 THEM USE STYLE OBTAIN HIM STUFF
2. ABUSE AM
3. THEM BEAT AM JOIN
4. COME LOCK AM UP
5. HIM COME BEG
6. COME PAY 5K ON TOP

IF HE WAS JAPANESE HE WOULD BE FORCED TO COMMIT HARA-KIRI COS THE HUMILIATION IS 2 MUCH

1 Like

Re: Experience by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2013
I don't even know where to begin The security guards stripped you off your boxer... embarassed
Re: Experience by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2013
shalomtemmy: lecturers checking in student..........convenant is indeed an advance secondary skul.
bros sorry o
MAYBE NA HOUSE MASTER

3 Likes

Re: Experience by j4jj: 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2013
If story is true! Then u must b a gentle guy! If na me I no go gree o! Slap me ke, for wetin na! Dem go call Bishop Oyedepo for me to see o or dey kill me!!!
Re: Experience by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2013
Guy....sorry oh...but if u ask me, i'll say u caused it! Yes oh...cos u don't have any business going to the skool in the 1st place....

And there's no way on earth u'll convince me that this is d 1st incidence u've witnessed in that skool cos i'm sure they didn't start this wit u neither did dey start this after u graduated.
Re: Experience by 1stknight(m): 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2013
Op, you be Spiritual maga, dem slap you and you still pay 5k, I believe say you go even tell them 'thank you'.

4 Likes

Re: Experience by Image123(m): 2:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
when LECTURERS are sent to check incoming pupils load on a Sunday, you should know that they'll vent their frustration on you and anyone else except the oga that sent them. Learn your lessons for future purpose. Don't be forgetful and always carry your id card, you're still in Nigeria, land of possibilities.
Re: Experience by enigmagu1(m): 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
sweet-tease:

You can't tell the difference between a figurative question and a literal question and you are here asking me if i have comprehension problem..... You obviously have low cognition problem undecided

e b like say ds babe get microcephalo(smal brain)

3 Likes

Re: Experience by chemicstein: 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
My brother what they did to u was inhuman and they should pay dearly for it..if u fail to act, they will continue such bullying on law abiding nigerians..kindly get a good lawyer explain ur ordeal to him and sue them to court 4 damages and make some money to cover ur losses and reputation..ur friend will be ur witness...dnt let them get away with it

1 Like

Re: Experience by awesomet1(m): 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
[size=18pt]Moderator it's Covenant not "Convenant". [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Experience by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
Dats a clear case of false imprisonment,assault nd battrey..u have a good case against d school..
Re: Experience by Nuzo1(m): 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
The OP is a very funny guy. My car, my laptop, my phone blah blah blah! cheesy

First of all, I'm not a fan of Oyedepo and his colleagues. However, I respect the way he runs his business empire even if I don't agree with most of it.

I've visited friends (students and lecturers) at Covenant University a couple of times. I as a visitor know that they maintain certain rules irrespective of who you are over there.

Just the lecturer said, its either the OP has low retentive memory, an outlaw or just bent on blackmailing Convenant University. I think its all of the above given that he is an alumni of Convenant University. He knows the rules!

The OP foolishly went ahead to tell us how he bribed the security operatives only to call them hypocrites cos they work in the christian University.
In the law court, you wouldve been doing time for bribery while your mumu friend wouldve been rusticated from the school.

To avoid all these next time, obey the rules of any place you step into....or simply, do not go there!

5 Likes

Re: Experience by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2013
this is the most painful part of the ordeal.
Re: Experience by DICKtator: 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
Words to Malcolm X, the chicken has indeed come home to roost.
@OP: What you got was a covenanted slap and covenanted experience specially reserved for Kings and Queens of C.U.
Praise the Most High if you saw stars after the slaps and beatings
That is a glorious vision!!!
grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Experience by Ninilowo(m): 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
You are talking and he dey sweet you for mouth abi? what type of hairstyle were both of you wearing? The ways some guys appear nowadays it may be difficult to differentiate them from hoodlums. although am not a fan of winners but for a lecturer to as someone to go and shave something must be fishy. There must be more to this story a beg

1 Like

Re: Experience by stpat1(m): 3:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
I'm not surprised dear, my friends were also assaulted when we went to complain to the security guys at the redeemed church Holy ghost service at camp about our car that was vandalised and the car radio stolen right under the nose of one of the security guys.

Their eyes were blood shot with mouths oozing of ogogoro. They were man handling people over irrelevant issues even a pastor was assaulted.

That's actually the last time I went to that place. God is everywhere. Omnipresent.
Re: Experience by sylve11: 3:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
See beat! op sorry ehn. sad cool
Re: Experience by dabraska: 3:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
Nuzo':
The OP is a very funny guy. My car, my laptop, my phone blah blah blah! cheesy

First of all, I'm not a fan of Oyedepo and his colleagues. However, I respect the way he runs his business empire even if I don't agree with most of it.

I've visited friends (students and lecturers) at Covenant University a couple of times. I as a visitor know that they maintain certain rules irrespective of who you are over there.

Just the lecturer said, its either the OP has low retentive memory, an outlaw or just bent on blackmailing Convenant University. I think its all of the above given that he is an alumni of Convenant University. He knows the rules!

The OP foolishly went ahead to tell us how he bribed the security operatives only to call them hypocrites cos they work in the christian University.
In the law court, you wouldve been doing time for bribery while your mumu friend wouldve been rusticated from the school.

To avoid all these next time, obey the rules of any place you step into....or simply, do not go there!

I am very sorry but aren't you just a retard? Can you tell me 1 offence I committed before all the drama started? I was held for up to an hour by the hall gates. Gates I walked past when going out to reach for my car. I don't drive at night and I was being delayed. You obviously haven't been in that situation before. And you come here to lie to us that you are not an Oyedepo fan. Crap! You don't love that man as much as I do. But the people that work with him are just bunch of overzealous retards and hypocrites. Understand the post before jumping to anyone's defense. Mugu!

3 Likes

Re: Experience by dowjones(m): 3:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
i spent a year in covenant and i know what the poster is saying. he was lucky his friend wasnt suspended. Covenant uni staff is like any average uni staff, they take bribes, sleep with students and do whatever lecturers do (a friend of mine used to bang one female lecturer like that those days).. Dont bother pushing this matter to Oyedepo because your case will NOT be treated fairly (i'm sure you know that)

Its another bad experience. Sorry
Re: Experience by swaggzo(m): 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
sweet-tease:

And wats dat supposed to mean?

yes.. if to say oyedepo get better brain all those tinz for no dae happen. I don't blame those lecturers.. they were only acting like their mentor!

1 Like

Re: Experience by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
Big shame! As expensive as that school is.. I'm sorry about your experience but you shoulda known, especially as you finished from there. Take heart dear, what goes around -comes around.
Re: Experience by ALAREDE: 3:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
For being a graduate of the school, you should have know what is obtained in your alma mater. The assault notwithstanding, you just foolishly exposed your friend as a'big' boy. This may invariably jeopardise his academic standing. My friend, always respect protocol in a structured environmnet. This has nothing to do with Oyedepo spirit.

Your fool-hardiness was the bane of your suffering, you should have been left in the 'guard-room' to sleep over. Your bearded friend is not also representing the school. If you can find a barber, get shaving stick and look clean. Your friend and you MUST have dressed so irresponsibly not to have passed for a student.

Grow up and work on your appearance! The security you paid are not staff of Oyedepo BUT outsourced.

3 Likes

Re: Experience by dabraska: 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
dowjones: i spent a year in covenant and i know what the poster is saying. he was lucky his friend wasnt suspended. Covenant uni staff is like any average uni staff, they take bribes, sleep with students and do whatever lecturers do (a friend of mine used to bang one female lecturer like that those days).. Dont bother pushing this matter to Oyedepo because your case will NOT be treated fairly (i'm sure you know that)

Its another bad experience. Sorry
I know, thanks bruv. I have had people telling me to pursue the matter with the law but I really do not have the stamina for that. I just feel its unlawful. Most of them are just plain overzealous and the man (Oyedepo) doesn't know half of what goes on there. Imagine the Security heads telling the other security men to have broken my two legs before they came. Just imagine.
Re: Experience by victorNRceo: 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
(Check d date)I wanna believe this is an april fool catch(though,I could be wrong).
@OP Are u actually this illogical?
U were a student there,n u possibly did understand the behaviour of the authorities (or u forget ni)
Buh,yet u resorted to temperamental(in the lecturer's view) utterances.
U had better learned from d wrong path u took,instead of settling at,blaming their prevalent behaviour.
Re: Experience by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
Firstly....if your friend can't find barbers, he could have bought shaving stick or scissors in da shops to cut the beard..

Secondly, like someone earlier said, its good to always take ur I.d wherever u go... Most 9jas, esp churches are on da edge becos of boko haram bombing..

Thirdly... Yes, the security men were overzealous, which is a common thing in most 9ja institutions. As a graduate, u don't deal with zealous people with gra gra... It will in most cases inflame the situation, causing u further disgrace.

I'm not saying everytin is entirely ur fault, but its gud to know who u always dealing with and how to come out on top without disgrace.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Petroleum Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering / 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students / What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.