Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,646 members, 7,921,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 02:02 AM

Experience - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Experience (22627 Views)

Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? / Live Streaming Of Convocation At Covenant University / Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experience by dougivilla(m): 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
stint: please sue them . even if you lose(which am sure you will), the publicity will make them think twice about harassing people next time
Use your brains dude, you only heard from one side.

Is what he has enumerated the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?!.

stint: please sue them . even if you lose(which am sure you will), the publicity will make them think twice about harassing people next time
Use your brains dude, you only heard from one side.

Is what he has enumerated the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?!.
Re: Experience by Oloyeagba: 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2013
Pastor Kun: Not surprised, it is the spirit of Oyedepo that they are exhibiting.
What has that got to do with Oyedepo?
Re: Experience by Z8(m): 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2013
sorry about your experience but like some said it has happened.nothing you can do about it.even if u take legal action its their word against yours orelse someone else managed to record the event. you know how it goes. but being a graduate from the the school you shouldn't be surprised..when you have a school filled with people pretending to be what they are not.thaspts the kind of thing you expect to see
Re: Experience by Seun(m): 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2013
Oloyeagba: What has that got to do with Oyedepo?
Cough

3 Likes

Re: Experience by creativemusic: 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin oyedepo's spirit is working grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Experience by OmoEziokwu: 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
Even though what the lecturers and security operatives did was wrong, I maintain that the poster got what he deserved. He is still one of those types that will defend the proprietor of the school even though he (the poster) must have been seeing these things happen over the years, while he was still a student. Did you just realize that that school is a cover for all sorts for rubbish and injustices? A microcosm of the chaos called Nigeria? You are only complaining now because it has happened to you. Religious bigot!
Re: Experience by Pedagogue: 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
This is no NEWS!!!

Why is the OP surprised ? If indeed you are a grad of the uni (not that I doubt ), this should not really surprise you!!

If cases of assaults/ill treatment and human rights infringements in private universities are to be tabled, hundreds of textbooks will be produced!!!

Sincerely speaking, education and religion can never mix... Check out the world's top 100 universities, no 'religious university' makes the list.

Take it or leave it, top federal uni's in nigeria are still better than these secondary schools masquerading as uni's

@ d Op- if u have time/money/patience, u can institute an action against them! But since your friend is still a student, that can ruin his chances of graduating!!! Your best bet is to demand an apology from them...make sure the letter is written by a lawyer
Re: Experience by Completeguy(m): 7:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
One-sided story, let's hear from the other side
Re: Experience by Shayoo1: 7:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
This is to all of you spitting shit out of mouth cos you have absolutely no idea what the poster is talking about. i attended this same school and i am 100 percent positive that what he said is totally true this is even small compared to what has happened to other people. i have seen this same thing happen several times. there was an incident i clearly remember when this ex-student was beaten in front of his parents for trying to pick his brother's items from one of the halls of resident (can you imagine that). SO PLEASE IF YOU DIDN'T ATTEND THE SCHOOL OR KNOW/KNEW SOMEONE THERE ABEG NO TALK, THANK YOU.

2 Likes

Re: Experience by Vansnickers: 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
dorox:

It wasn't written in codes, so it must mean exactly how you read it. Abi you get comprehension problem?

Ask her ooo.

1 Like

Re: Experience by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 02, 2013
sweet-tease:

And wats dat supposed to mean?

If you had long term memory, ...

Make I no cause wahala. smiley
Re: Experience by Bluediamond1(f): 7:22pm On Apr 02, 2013
dorox:

It wasn't written in codes, so it must mean exactly how you read it. Abi you get comprehension problem?
No,him get short term memory.
Re: Experience by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2013
musKeeto:
Is the name of a Brazillian footballer that assaulted defenders...
first to qout u, dancing alanta.
Re: Experience by ayodot(m): 7:34pm On Apr 02, 2013
jimcaddy: you don't judge people based on mere looks. D mere fact that he had beard didn't make him a bad boy.. How could his friend have identified himself when he wasn't without his I.D card. And he explained that it was in his room. If those lecturers were sensible enough, they wuld have given him the benefit of the doubt to have gone and picked up his I.D card and show it to them.. It was a very simple matter, but they made it complicated. At least its not as if the boy was going to disappear into thin air after he had been allowed entry to pick up the I.D card. He was still always goin to come out to attend to his friend. So why the unecessary show of power? We like doing this in this country. Any little power we have, we use it to exploit the vulnerable

That's is our we have it in Nigeria, bro. Any little power or position naija man as, is to oppress @ very opportunity no matter how insignificant.

even if he was held down by the security, why must the lecturer, slap him.

@ OP, sorry. I was once in ur shoes. this is not about covenant university, it about Nigerian mentality-' I'm an elephant and I must trample on everything below ne'er

Here is my story. It happened in 2009 in LASU ojo campus. I'm actually a student of the said school but studied in epe campus as a engineering student.
I was having problems in my final year result so I had to go to ojo campus. after doing what I had came for, I decided to say hi to my lecturer aunt.
On getting to her office, I knocked but no answer and I didn't want to greet or ask after her from the other female lecturer that was beside her office. The door to the other female lecturer was slightly open, I could see she had a male visitor and they were conversing. ( I actually know but can't remember the reason I don't like her)

I knock again, still no response. so I decided to take a quick peep into a hole I notice in the door. I realized there room was empty.

Just as I was about to take my leave, the man visiting the other female lecturer said hey u. but since I wasn't the only one there I went on my way ( and it wasn't as if I've gotten a solution to my problem).

As I was walking on, I was surprised to see the man in the other woman's office running after me. the next thing, he beckoned on a campus marshal ( a campus security with a pump action, whether load or not, only an idiot will want to confirm) to shoot me because I'm a cult member. Before I could say "cult ke" , he had started raining yokozuna thousand slaps on me.
Before I could count the no stars, he wanted to give me smackdown, But that one I no come gree.
So I was like what's my offense to deserve the kind of treatment and embarrassment, even after showing my id ( he was still trying to pin me down during this noisy dialogue and slaps to icing it).

Guess my offense, I peeped and didn't respond to is call. The security was even the one that asked he leave me.
that is still the most humiliating day of my life. I have never told any one until now.
Re: Experience by NOLONGTIN1(m): 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
I find your story hard to believe. you claim you graduated from the school, therefore you should know the attitude/behaviour of your security men + the rules. you also didn't handle the situation well, why should the lecturer/security men allow into the premises without any form of ID (isn't that against the rules of the school? it is in Most private universities). i'm sure if your friend dressed/looked responsible you wouldn't have gone through that - any Tom, Dick or Harry can claim he left his ID in the hostel(that's a classic line in Unilag hostels). Also you claim to give the security men N5,000 based on their demand - i also find that hard to believe but assuming its true that doesn't mean the school is spoilt/corrupt. because police men collect N20 on the road does it make the police force corrupt?(ok! bad example) the fact your brother steals does it make your family a thief?
Re: Experience by kcpumping(m): 7:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
Well, I must tel you that it is so unwise to be 2 gentle as in too kul bro, no how on earth wud a mere security guard lock me up for what nah?when there is freedom of expression and because u decided to xpress yourself does not give any man d right to lock u up claiming u are rude....rude my foot, next time try attend federal or state own skul at least you wil graduate not only with certificate bt u will a matured man to be able to face d world on ur own...all dis ajebo sef.
Re: Experience by vicope: 7:57pm On Apr 02, 2013
jmichael: From ur narrative, u wia busy tellin us hw u drive a rols royce phantom and move abt wit plenty fones and lappys. Dat paints a picture of a larger-dan-life, proud & arogant dude wit little or no regards for elderly pple. Thus I won't b surprised at ur lack of calmness and patience which wld av saved u dis mess. Dose r my detected loopholes in ur story. If I hear from d school authorities, I cld den make a wholistic judgement on d matter.
And who appointed you to be a JUDGE in Nairaland? angry
Re: Experience by opeshe2(m): 8:16pm On Apr 02, 2013
sweet-tease:

And wats dat supposed to mean?
It means what it meant. How on this planet earth must dat happen in an academic environment where people should be free to express their selves. Dis is ideological slavery
Re: Experience by Nicepoker(m): 8:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
alienvirus: Had it been a muslim school that treated christians like that, heaven would have been let loose on Nairaland. See hypocrisy. Sorry bro. They paid you with the same coin.
u think lyk an uncircumcised fool.
Re: Experience by bibiji(f): 8:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
immature and degenerated mind, God hav mercy on u!
Babzilla:

SO TELL US MISTER SCRIPTURE!
TELL US WHAT GOD SAYS ABT VIOLENCE U FCKING DIMWIT!
OLEDEPO A$$ LICKER KEEP LICKING UR MASTERS A$$
DONT EXPECT OTHERS TO PEABRAINED F@GGOT
Re: Experience by mabebe1(f): 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
damn, dis thread is so hot..
Re: Experience by Willdidi(m): 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2013
I realy don't know wat al d fuse is about, wat do u expect 4rm a glorified secondary sch, where adults who r above 18 don't hav brains of dier own n tink 4 dem self. I'm very sure d lecturers and security guards r acting on orders 4rm oga @ d top if not such brutality by d lecturers n guards would hav gotten 2 dier so called papa n he would hav denouced n cautioned against such actions. As I said wat do u expect wen ADULTS can not tink or act wit supervisions like JSS 1 students. Humans turning humans 2 demi gods n worship every words dat falls 4rm his mouth forgetting dat he is jst a mere being.

1 Like

Re: Experience by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2013
Convenant university is supposed to be an educationl institution and not a mental institution. They behaved like lunatics.

1 Like

Re: Experience by fredakiss: 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2013
I presume, a lot of folks here just mk statements because they just want to. The boy give the account of the incident and he was quick to judge the same people he begged that helped him. He didn't say the truth, the guy was rude to them. And every1 here shud be happy that the university is security conscious. He shud be beaten more so he cud learn courtesy!
Re: Experience by dougivilla(m): 9:32pm On Apr 02, 2013
vickerz: Convenant university is supposed to be an educationl institution and not a mental institution. They behaved like lunatics.
which universities are better?
Re: Experience by dougivilla(m): 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
Willdidi: I realy don't know wat al d fuse is about, wat do u expect 4rm a glorified secondary sch, where adults who r above 18 don't hav brains of dier own n tink 4 dem self. I'm very sure d lecturers and security guards r acting on orders 4rm oga @ d top if not such brutality by d lecturers n guards would hav gotten 2 dier so called papa n he would hav denouced n cautioned against such actions. As I said wat do u expect wen ADULTS can not tink or act wit supervisions like JSS 1 students. Humans turning humans 2 demi gods n worship every words dat falls 4rm his mouth forgetting dat he is jst a mere being.
pls leave oyedepo out of this. Is he the vc or a lecturer of the school?.

If you don't understand how a university is run, be humble enough to ask. Its not a crime not to know, but when
you glorify in your ignorance its
s.tupidity.

Foo.lishness is manifest when you do not know that you do not
know. Seek help!
Re: Experience by Willdidi(m): 9:46pm On Apr 02, 2013
dougivilla: pls leave oyedepo out of this. Is he the vc or a lecturer of the school?.

If you don't understand how a university is run, be humble enough to ask. Its not a crime not to know, but when
you glorify in your ignorance its
s.tupidity.

Foo.lishness is manifest when you do not know that you do not
know. Seek help!
Brainwashed church goers like u will definately jump 2 support ur god on earth, if ur not so dumb n very stupid if a business man like dangote has ppl working 4 him n those ppl r misbehaving n runing down his brand r u saying he will not call those ppl 2 oda or even sanction dem except he is comfortable wit dier behaviours den he will not say anytin, is ppl like u I was talking about earlier overzealous morons who don't hav a single brain cell working properly dat will run n support ur papa n his moronic glorifier secondary sch.

1 Like

Re: Experience by pekelepekele(m): 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
Bmas01: Educated fool even Jesus have beard

You must have seen Jesus b4 punk a.s.s
Re: Experience by dougivilla(m): 10:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
Willdidi:
Brainwashed church goers like u will definately jump 2 support ur god on earth, if ur not so dumb n very stupid if a business man like dangote has ppl working 4 him n dose ppl r misbehaving n runing down his brand r u saying he will not called those ppl 2 oda or even sanction dem except he is comfortable wit dier behaviours den he will not say anytin, is ppl like u I was talking about earlier overzealous morons who don't hav a single brain cell working porperly dat will run n support ur papa n his moronic glorifier secondary sch.
Truely, Common sense aint common! I won't even attempt to make u understand. Ur heart is too deep in hatred, plus arguing with a fool tranforms a sane man to a fool. RIP Living dead!
Re: Experience by maasoap(m): 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
bibiji: mind d way u talk! How dare u refer 2 him like that? U lack morals and 4d records no one insuts a prophet like dat and goes scotfree. Repent or u ar doomed! Haters
Another m.oron
Re: Experience by Willdidi(m): 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
dougivilla: Truely, Common sense aint common! I won't even attempt to make u understand. Ur heart is too deep in hatred, plus arguing with a fool tranforms a sane man to a fool. RIP Living dead!
Yah papa said u shouldnt talk back I get u.Mr commonest sense I'm sure ur own senses r so common it can b found in d market place where morons r found like urself. Pathetic idiot jst feel sorry 4 ur generation n d ones unborn, is beta those unborn kids die in dier mothers womb dan 2 b raised by a slowpoke like u

1 Like

Re: Experience by CooldudeY2J: 10:31pm On Apr 02, 2013
Thank God am not in a private school i would have been expelled.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Pitiable Life Of A Nigerian Teacher. The Way Forward?? / Abubakar Umar Awarded Scholarship In Cyprus After Graduating With First Class / Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.