Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:21 AM

South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? (32697 Views)

We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Xenophobia: South Africa Vs One Nigeria.[photo][viewer discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by olasquare: 7:05pm On Apr 04, 2013
Moderator, thanks for a trend as this. Reading through some people's post you can't but wonder what their ssce result look like in terms of their argument, sense of reasoning & verdicts...it just don't correlete to the topic in question. That said, who is much influential in Africa: the last i can quickly remember was that Nigeria as a nation played unmatched role in helping the SA overcome the apatheid regime. The many conflict resolution of and among many African democracies and instability were personally spearheaded by Nigeria effort. How many peace-keeping missions has the SA spearheaded and succeed in without the big roles of Nigeria? And economy matters- what is there market impact to the rest of the continent. Am always surprised at the way Nigerians see their country..in relation to others. Yes a known fact that the SA is ahead developmentally..we have seen where in a family a brother becomes the wealthiest and richest and yet he his morally and materially not responsible. While his brother who is not as rich as his is the matress for all the aching of the family..who will u say has the greater influence? One does not really knows the value of what he has until when he losts it. We should learn the facts and figures so that an outsider wil not come to trick us and downgrade the estate of our father by saying our father was his fathers labourer when in truth his father was ours messenger. But we foolishly accepts his reformatted and twisted history just bcoz we don't like our father due to the fact that he was a drunk and wasteful spender: but unknown to us he has used his wasteful spendings to buy prestige for us in all the companies, and estates around...but silently telling us to please learn from his stupid way of life, and not make the same mistake he made with the way he lives his life. Ask not what ur country wil do for u. What av u to help get Nigeria out of this mess? Or are u just waiting to embezzle urs? Nigeria is greater and more influential than SA

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by olumidazz: 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
@sheyi 2007, I am a nigerian to the core living the best of both worlds in SA and naija as a matter of fact I will be in MMA in a week. My point is if the op has exams or writing a project on the topic, he should go to the library and do his research properly instead of coming on this platform. Most contributors will most likely talk about how each country has affected their lives not how many soldiers naija sent to mali. Or what's the point of influence if lives are not impacted.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by gbagyiza: 8:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
Prof Corruption: SA is more developed, Nigeria is more influential.
u hv said it all.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by omonnakoda: 8:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
olasquare: Moderator, thanks for a trend as this. Reading through some people's post you can't but wonder what their ssce result look like in terms of their argument, sense of reasoning & verdicts...it just don't correlete to the topic in question. That said, who is much influential in Africa: the last i can quickly remember was that Nigeria as a nation played unmatched role in helping the SA overcome the apatheid regime. The many conflict resolution of and among many African democracies and instability were personally spearheaded by Nigeria effort. How many peace-keeping missions has the SA spearheaded and succeed in without the big roles of Nigeria? And economy matters- what is there market impact to the rest of the continent. Am always surprised at the way Nigerians see their country..in relation to others. Yes a known fact that the SA is ahead developmentally..we have seen where in a family a brother becomes the wealthiest and richest and yet he his morally and materially not responsible. While his brother who is not as rich as his is the matress for all the aching of the family..who will u say has the greater influence? One does not really knows the value of what he has until when he losts it. We should learn the facts and figures so that an outsider wil not come to trick us and downgrade the estate of our father by saying our father was his fathers labourer when in truth his father was ours messenger. But we foolishly accepts his reformatted and twisted history just bcoz we don't like our father due to the fact that he was a drunk and wasteful spender: but unknown to us he has used his wasteful spendings to buy prestige for us in all the companies, and estates around...but silently telling us to please learn from his stupid way of life, and not make the same mistake he made with the way he lives his life. Ask not what ur country wil do for u. What av u to help get Nigeria out of this mess? Or are u just waiting to embezzle urs? Nigeria is greater and more influential than SA
Funny you mention SSCE ,Seriously I am wondering about yours too Kai!!
Ede Geesi ma le o!

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by ravers777: 9:18pm On Apr 04, 2013
Please let us search for knowleand revain the truth to adress issues,sincerly speaking SA is more influtual than Nig.okay let llok @ what conlify yu to be liste among World power Nation,Sa was the only Africa country to ever listed amonge Country that got its Atomic Bombs.and Sa got her Atomic Bomb in 1979.among countries like,USA,USSR 1949 afta second Wolrd War.,British in 1952,French in 1960 Chines in 1964,Indian in 1974,y SA in 1979.pls where is Nig.here,ths is what I think we shud talk abt when talks talk about country's influtial.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Ezeufi: 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2013
South African has hosted Football world cup, rugby world cup, Africa cup of nations twice in the last 20 years, and holds numerous world events.
Nigeria couldn't win a bid to host common wealth games, they lost out to scotland.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by ayando(m): 9:32pm On Apr 04, 2013
Some pple are mixing tins up here. We nid to firstly understand the term influential nt which is more develop. There is nt comparism in this case,rather in the course of analysing we talk abt the indices that mk a country influential. They include: politics,economy, military n sport if it may b included. For this case NIGERIA IS. Gbam!
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MrMcJay(m): 10:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
omonnakoda:
Funny you mention SSCE ,Seriously I am wondering about yours too Kai!!
Ede Geesi ma le o!

Rara o, geesi o le o. Awon ofin to dee naa ni nkan. Foniimu, mofiimu, syntax, konkoodu...
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MrMcJay(m): 10:22pm On Apr 04, 2013
Ezeufi: South African has hosted Football world cup, rugby world cup, Africa cup of nations twice in the last 20 years, and holds numerous world events.
Nigeria couldn't win a bid to host common wealth games, they lost out to scotland.

How many of those has the US hosted? It flows from your reasoning that SA is more influential than the US? SMH.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Tobetoe(m): 11:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
English is power,there is hardly any English speaking nation without development especially when d whites are involved,back to ur question 9ja is more influntial dan SA .9ja is d giant of africa .remove d whites dia and they are bunch of banana
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by bigshow123: 11:03pm On Apr 04, 2013
if SA moves multichoice, mtn, shoprite and possibly stanbic bank out of naija, many thousands of families wil be dislocated. i doubt if naija can do such in their economy. SA is way ahead of nigeria

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
ayando: Some pple are mixing tins up here. We nid to firstly understand the term influential nt which is more develop. There is nt comparism in this case,rather in the course of analysing we talk abt the indices that mk a country influential. They include: politics,economy, military n sport if it may b included. For this case NIGERIA IS. Gbam!
flatter urselves wit fairy tales

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
bigshow123: if SA moves multichoice, mtn, shoprite and possibly stanbic bank out of naija, many thousands of families wil be dislocated. i doubt if naija can do such in their economy. SA is way ahead of nigeria
and if u move nigerians out of south africa they will be less drug and human trafficking, man-slaughter and fraud cases...

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Talk2Talk: 11:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
for those of you who are saying that Nigeria is influential how many international events have you been able to host; african nations cup that she managed to secure they had to share it with Ghana; the miss world beauty pageantry was finished in London even b4 it started in Nigeria. Nigeria is popular because of its size; population and potentialities...chikina
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Yujin(m): 11:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
You gave a simple and direct answer which is very true.
I'll try to expatiate for the jejunely minded.
Nigeria is more influential with respect to other african countries. Is it militarily, politically and socially(entertainment nollywood, sports and music).
1. How many countries even within Southern Africa has SA helped to stabilize? The last they went to in Central African Republic was unsuccessful.
2. What's SA's record in sports popular among africans and how many notable figures do they have in sports popular among africans compared to Nigeria?
3. Apart from Lucky Dube and Brenda Fassie, how many of their musicians are renowned at least in subsaharan africa? Though their movies are of world class standard, how many have so attracted the attention of other africans?
Nigeria with regards to influence on other africans is more influential than SA.
However, developmentally Nigeria(with the present political structure) even in the next 50yrs cannot come close to SA. Abuja of recent cannot be compared to any of their top 5 cities in infastructures. Tufia!
Which do you prefer? To be developed or influential?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
Yujin:
2. What's SA's record in sports popular among africans and how many notable figures do they have in sports popular among africans compared to Nigeria?
ummmm rugby! They have great players like Victor Matfield, Patrick Lambie, Tendai Mtawarira...amazing players. They have won against Australia, a very strong team in the word of rugby. With discipline and learning to pass the ball on time, they might some day win agains New Zealand grin
3. Apart from Lucky Dube and Brenda Fassie, how many of their musicians are renowned at least in subsaharan africa?

Miriam Makeba, freshlyground, Zahara, bongo muffin they are known all over africa
Though their movies are of world class standard, how many have so attracted the attention of other africans?
but SA are much more entertaining and realistic...unlike watching ghosts falling whilst chasing a person and jim iyke faking an american accent undecided
[qoute] Abuja of recent cannot be compared to any of their top 5 cities in infastructures. [/quote] small towns/cities like vaal, bloemfontein, kimberley, east london look better and much more clean than Abuja anyday anytime undecided even rural places in SA like Qwaqwa have better water and electricity supply than Abuja

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MrMcJay(m): 11:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
bigshow123: if SA moves multichoice, mtn, shoprite and possibly stanbic bank out of naija, many thousands of families wil be dislocated. i doubt if naija can do such in their economy. SA is way ahead of nigeria

Stanbic doesn't even stand on its own, it is supported by IBTC (a Nigerian bank). How much was Mtn worth before coming into Nigeria? How much is it now? I dare MTN to pull out. Even if Zuma tells them to pull out, they'll refuse. As for Shoprite, they're only revenue chasers. We've had Kingsway stores, Park and Shop, Cash and Carry and odas.

In effect, South Africa has a past, NIGERIA IS THE FUTURE (ask Gadaffi).
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MrMcJay(m): 11:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: and if u move nigerians out of south africa they will be less drug and human trafficking, man-slaughter and fraud cases...

But that doesn't change d fact that 7 in 10 SA women have been despoil.d. So, the despoil remains. BTW, who killed Lucky Dube?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
Mr McJay:

But that doesn't change d fact that 7 in 10 SA women have been despoil.d.
don't be stu.pid that wd mean 70% of the women population in SA has been sexually violated! does it change that women in Nigeria are still greatly discriminated against...I don't see how gender inequality is great influence on Africa though undecided

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MrMcJay(m): 12:00am On Apr 05, 2013
mondi_cheeks: neither does it change that women in Nigeria are still greatly discriminated against...I don't see how gender inequality is great influence on Africa though undecided

So, you're putting gender discrimination on the same platter as rape? I guess it is normal over there. Are you from an English - speaking country? I'm just curious.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 05, 2013
Mr McJay:

So, you're putting gender discrimination on the same platter as rape? I guess it is normal over there. Are you from an English - speaking country? I'm just curious.
no spanish. That's why I'm replying you in english smartie pants! Smh coming from someone who probably pronounces 'teeth' as 'tit'
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by naijaobi(m): 12:04am On Apr 05, 2013
mondi_cheeks: and if u move nigerians out of south africa they will be less drug and human trafficking, man-slaughter and fraud cases...
lolz...and will dat reduce d number of ppl with HIV aids in ur useles.s country... Daunce!...
NIGERIA is more influential than this AIDS infested nation called south africa...
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Yujin(m): 12:09am On Apr 05, 2013
@mondi cheek, I know you didn't understand my comparison of Abuja with your top 5 cities. I mean Abuja is seriously lacking. Even as it is still be built it cannot be like capetown, pretoria, durban etc. when completed.
As for music, makebe though she tried but is not popular like the other great two. Bongo et al lwkmd. All those amateur house mix beats they call songs. Nonesense.
Nollywood movies remain popular irrespective of their shortcomings; thats influence.
Saobona!
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 05, 2013
So does nollywood and entertainment influence the whole africa and make it a better place? Does it make it better than South Africa because we are good at entertainment? Then America should be the most influential in the world based on these factors. Hmmm let us face reality and stop lying to ourselves. I dnt understand why we must always compare and compare when there is not much comparison to begin with.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MrMcJay(m): 12:10am On Apr 05, 2013
mondi_cheeks: no spanish. That's why I'm replying you in english smartie pants! Smh coming from someone who probably pronounces 'teeth' as 'tit'

I'm just alarmed at your spellings and punctuations. Anyway, I shouldn't have expected more. You probably have a .... education (fill it in).
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by xamster(m): 12:17am On Apr 05, 2013

U nailed it better!..
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MrMcJay(m): 12:22am On Apr 05, 2013
mondi_cheeks: don't be stu.pid that wd mean 70% of the women population in SA has been sexually violated! does it change that women in Nigeria are still greatly discriminated against...I don't see how gender inequality is great influence on Africa though undecided

How would a sane person put ra pe and discrimination togather? Oh, I forgot, It's SA. Even their President is an unconvicted rapist.

The link below explains your psychology towards rape.

m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20971240
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 05, 2013
Mr McJay:

I'm just alarmed at your spellings and punctuations. Anyway, I shouldn't have expected more. You probably have a .... education (fill it in).
I'm sure I will find your pronounciation of the words you are typing more alarming grin
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Ezeufi: 12:23am On Apr 05, 2013
Mr McJay:

How many of those has the US hosted? It flows from your reasoning that SA is more influential than the US? SMH.

UN general assembly, every year
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MrMcJay(m): 1:04am On Apr 05, 2013
mondi_cheeks: I'm sure I will find your pronounciation of the words you are typing more alarming grin

I hate to disappoint you, my pronunciation is better than my longhand.
BTW, my correction has had its intended effect. You are now typing like someone who has ten fingers and a brain.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 05, 2013
Mr McJay:

I hate to disappoint you, my pronunciation is better than my longhand.
BTW, my correction has had its intended effect. You are now typing like someone who has ten fingers and a brain.
well your brain on the other hand is still as defective as it was before smiley
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 05, 2013
Nigeria - Most Populous African Nation with tremendous oil reserves and military influence

Egypt - Largest standing Military On the continent

South Africa - Strong Economy and most "western-like" infrastructural set up (Apartheid legacy)

Ghana - Most democratic -orientated nation( historically)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Shahida Sanusi, Emir Of Kano's Daughter With Her Sister, Siddika / Throwback Photo Of Buhari Under Abacha's Regime / 11 African Presidents Who Handed Over Power Peacefully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.