Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,142 members, 7,916,345 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 09:05 PM

South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? (32816 Views)

We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Xenophobia: South Africa Vs One Nigeria.[photo][viewer discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
kgr28: and also your compatriots comments on SA music so are, kenyans,ghanains etc.!!! Whats your point. Who gives pigs ass bout you!! You know whats your problem, your patriotism is a disease and is chronic at that and you think you are smart!!! and your hate of black South Africans is so clear that i can call you a tribalist, hater, racist, xhenophobic. YOU ARE JUST ANOYING!! every topic concerning SA you are in it!! It goes to say your a sentimental, irrational person full of hatret.
Point me to one and I'd give you a list of sources..and FYI: i hang around the politics section and comment on controversial threads grin grin
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
MacLovington: .

Keep making money for your whie masters and brag about.
last time I checked millions of Nigerians have been moving out of Nigeria to the countries where "white people are dominent" (to work for white people) and a lot of them on NL seem to brag about it too...same thing undecided
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MacLovington(m): 12:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
sheyie2007:
Even if nigeria's economy becomes the best in the world people will travel out... are you a learner? Go check the percentage of americans travelling out every year, you'd be stunned!

Correct and why shouldn't they travel? But far less will travel blindly. I travel a lot even to countries I'd never even consider living in. It is those who travel blindly who mostly get into trouble that foreign media focus on.

How many times have you heard of bad coverage about Chima Adichie, Hakeem Olajuwon or my humble self doing an honest job in diaspora?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
kgr28: and also your compatriots comments on SA music so are, kenyans,ghanains etc.!!! Whats your point. Who gives pigs ass bout you!! You know whats your problem, your patriotism is a disease and is chronic at that and you think you are smart!!! and your hate of black South Africans is so clear that i can call you a tribalist, hater, racist, xhenophobic. YOU ARE JUST ANOYING!! every topic concerning SA you are in it!! It goes to say your a sentimental, irrational person full of hatret.
And more, i aint xenphobic like you..perhaps i just hate your guts..been to ur country, and still have SA friends i skpe with...
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
mondi_cheeks: last time I checked millions of Nigerians have been moving out of Nigeria to the countries where "white people are dominent" and a lot of them on NL seem to brag about it too...same thing undecided
Whats ur point undecided ? You're starting to sound like a dimwit
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MacLovington(m): 12:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
mondi_cheeks: last time I checked Nigerians have been moving out of Nigeria to the countries where "white people are dominent" and a lot of them on NL seem to brag about it too...same thing undecided

At least it is by choice and they are doing great and investing back home. You guys seem to be angry at just about everyone, perhaps because of your history.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 05, 2013
sheyie2007:
Whats ur point undecided ? You're starting to sound like a dimwit
Nigerians go to other countries to 'slave' for white people and they brag about being in those countries. I believe I used simple english the first time...
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by jidewin(m): 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
mondi_cheeks: take a Unizik degree and a UCT (university of Cape of Town)degree to anywhere else in the world and see which one wld be recognised more... How many graduates from these "precious" nigerian universties are jobless until now? Its much easier for some one with a UCT degree to get a job around the world, without having to struggle for it...take the awards, that's all you can get! but how many of the Nigerians wit Unizik degrees receive great job opportunities even before they graduate
you are just chatting and having fun, you know that...and not serious about this statement you just made.There are many Qualified Nigerian graduates and professionals right here in SA working in both private and government institutions.I am one of them. You've been having fun online,don't over do it.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by kgr28(m): 12:38pm On Apr 05, 2013

Keep making money for your whie masters and brag about.

Whatever level of development we have, it's truly African. Just because you guys get a better media coverage because Western powers like the Bore Mach and pseudo Bore Mach in charge of your economy doesn't mean the average black South African can brag about anything. Not knowing something about other people is a form of ignorance and nothing to shout about.
From your hate-filled diatribe, you seem like someone who would chase other Africans down the street with a machete.
60 years of nigeria's independence in the hands of blacks, electricity??roads?? Transport system?? Infrastructer?? For 60 years!!mmmmmm, since you and your friends like google, use it to see what Black SA government did in addation to what white gov did!!! AND I MUST SAY Thanx White people!!! U did great job for SA and for its people!! You like white people so much you hate they left nigeria so fast!! I wonder had they stayed and developed nigeria what would be your position regarding the topic!!
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2013

At least it is by choice and they are doing great and investing back home. You guys seem to be angry at just about everyone, perhaps because of your history.
a choice which the forever diminishing economy has forced them to make I presume...either way, Nigerians are doing the same thing in foreign countries smiley
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by kgr28(m): 12:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
sheyie2007:
And more, i aint xenphobic like you..perhaps i just hate your guts..been to ur country, and still have SA friends i skpe with...
yeah i wonder what will they say if they found what you are saying about them and their country!!
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
jidewin:
you are just chatting and having fun, you know that...and not serious about this statement you just made.There are many Qualified Nigerian graduates and professionals right here in SA working in both private and government institutions.I am one of them. You've been having fun online,don't over do it.
my point being any average UCT graduate is awarded more and better job opportunities by the rest of the world than any Nigerian graduate, I didn't say they have none, they have lesser options
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
Lol KG!! Fokotsa cheesy
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MacLovington(m): 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
Ol' boy/girl don't be ignorant of your history. Have you ever heard of Harold Smith? Google it if you haven't.

Our leaders have been puppets in their hands even after independence. Any Afro-centric leader never stayed long in power, Buhari, Murtala Mohammed.

Didn't you see the wikileak releases on how our elite pass every information to them?

Considering the many challenges we have faced, we have done reasonably well. Could be much better of course. You must have a level of internal cohesion to develop fast. That's why white ZA developed fast during apartheid.

The ethno-religious problem we face now began at Berlin Conference and worsened due to 1914. In a non-cohesive society, you start to hear things like federal character instead of emphasis on merit.

Imagine a country where Fashola can be a president easily based on merit.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by sweetcheecks(f): 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
Goodysydney: U ugly senseless Hiv/Aids positive lovepeddler again. I thought TB Joshua had cure ur disease not knowing ur still living with it. Pls lovepedder, did ur father or brother rape u again today? Sorry Ugly Scumbag, Hiv/Aids is incureable.

Rabbies got you bad man. Ugly? Me? Lol your nama us ugly with a big wide nose. HIV? Lovepeddler? Molestation is this what happens in your home? Please do not wash your dirty laundry in public. You are shaming your family. Poor thing. There no good hospitals in Nigeria how are you going to treat yourself and your family?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MacLovington(m): 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2013
mondi_cheeks: a choice which the forever diminishing economy has forced them to make I presume...either way, Nigerians are doing the same thing in foreign countries smiley

Well where I studied, we had about 40 nationalities on my course, a lot of them on scholarship amounting to about £150,000, being a very long course. S. Koreans, Australians, Japanese, French, Americans, Germans,HK, Singaporeans, Indians, Swedes, Chinese, Kiwis,one white South African girl and of course UK citizens etc.

Now these are not exactly from poverty-stricken countries. I also work with many from these countries. Irrespective of qualification/employment type, those from white countries are called expats while Africans, Asians are called immigrants by default even those born in UK (which of course people don't know).
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MacLovington(m): 1:08pm On Apr 05, 2013
Sweetcheeks/mondi-cheeks,

please refrain from personal attack.

It is normal to have different opinions.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by sweetcheecks(f): 1:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
MacLovington: Sweetcheeks/mondi-cheeks,

please refrain from personal attack.

It is normal to have different opinions.

Really? I just replied to someone who attacked me get your glasses mate.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MacLovington(m): 1:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
mondi_cheeks: I said marrying wit the intention of getting a green card so that one cannot be deported out of SA...this is far from marrying a person for the right reason...its frauduently marrying someone to seek an advantage that is unlawful

Are you in their hearts to know? Much of it is based on discrimination. Just because some Nigerians do it/or did it DOES NOT mean all nigerians do it.

Do you call every south African a murderer because some South Africans killed Lucky Dube or the bride on honeymoon from UK?

Here in UK people of different nationalities are caught doing it at the marriage registry. The more stringent residence conditions are and the higher the population of that country, the higher the number of people who might do it. That's my observation here following the media.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MacLovington(m): 1:18pm On Apr 05, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Really? I just replied to someone who attacked me get your glasses mate.

My Dear I am referring to Mondi-cheeks and everyone else too.

Sweetcheeks, I don't know if you are South African. But we loved South Africa back in Naija in those days of apartheid.
In 1993, I met a South African guy who lived in Naija previously for many years studying on Nigeria scholarship. He moved from there to Europe to do his PhD. We were instantly like brothers. He left soon after to join politics in SA.

I am really shocked at e-fights here. Maybe fighting is part of love. I can see why those gorgeous SA girls can't have enough of Naija boys! Someday, a Naija boy (from mixed marriage) will become SA president. Then you will see that the marriages were not just for papers.

President Chukwuka Okafor.
Lol.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
[size=18pt]Nigeria was more influential whilst Abacha was ruling, but after Obasanjo's eight years of thievery, corruption and degradation, Nigeria is no longer taken seriously especially since corruption that Obasanjo institutionalised is continuing today.[/size]

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by sweetcheecks(f): 2:03pm On Apr 05, 2013
In all honesty South African are not interested in anything Nigerian the few of us on NL are here becouse we either are in relationship with Nigerians or friends or workmates. Otherwise an average South African does not give a rats azz about who or what Ngerians are or do they only know them as fraudsters, drug dealers and scammers who are loud and arrogant.

Secondly Nigeria has no influence to SA although they claim to have help SA during the apartheid by collecting 2cents which knowing the greed of Nigerians I doubt if it even left the veranda of their schools. My advice they should go back to their schools and collect their money and stop making the noise becouse we really do not give a damnn about that and we do not owe them shiit.

South Africa is influential in Southern, central and East Africa mostly and lately in West Africa. We are major contributer of services in the continent.

We export eletricity to as far as Congo and all of Southern Africa
1. Our financial services company are all over Africa including Nigeria Standard Bank, FNB also Sanlam, Old Mutual etc.these are international companies operating in US and Uk but are South African.
2. Our hospitality industry Southern sun and Sun City up to Dubai
we have a number of top hotels internationaly not only in
Africa
3. Fast food brands export to not just Africa but the world over, Nandos, Mug & Bean, Spur, Wimpy, Steers, debonairs etc
4. Our Retail business Shoprite, Woolworths, Foschini group, edgars group etc
5. Media and television DSTV, SABC many countries watch and recieve SABC and watch our soapies like generations check facebook and see how many african countries have their SAsoapies pages.
6. Telecoms MTN, VODACOM, TELKOM
7. Peace keeping missions in Africa Southern and central africa mostly.
8. Education. Distant learning unisa and accomodates large numbers of outside students in our unis
9. Entertainment, have exported the best artist to the worls over, Mama Makeba, Letta Mbulu and Caiphas Semenya, Jonathan Buttler, The Soil, too many to count
10. Hosts to international events Rugby world cup, cricket world cup, Soccer world cup etc
11. Terry Peto SA actress who was acting in the bold and the beautiful
12. Destination for film industry and music industry for shoots
13. Tourism holiday, medical, etc
14. Wine industry export to Africa and the world
15. Rand used as an acceptable currency in more than 10 countries in Southern Africa
16. Fruit exporter
17. Films more influential led to the new Bollywood and SA film industry ( SAIFTA) Awards launched this year
18. Entertainment export dances, umoja, lion king, soweto gospel, SARAFINA
19. THECape Town Jazz festival which use to be North sea Jazz festival which bost more40 local and international artists this year, Tonight Aretha franklin, et al grin
20. Mandela the world icon
21. UN security council
22. AU chairmanship
23. BRICS
Am tired now. Just to mention a few.

Now lets check Nigeria. Please note we do not know or watch your movies I for one cannot stand their howling when they talk and the poor workmanship. And your artist well I do not know or like them they are imitating too much.
1.Oil
2.Fela Kuti ( best Niherian Musician)
3.Boko horam
4.Massob
5. Mend
6. 419 scammers
7. Drug truficking
8. Kidnapping
9. Corruption ( where else have you ever heard a government official redirecting government funds 88billion naira to his own personal account and earn interest on it? Only in Naija)

grin grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by ezeama1010(m): 2:24pm On Apr 05, 2013
Nigeria is more influential than SA.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2013

Are you in their hearts to know? Much of it is based on discrimination. Just because some Nigerians do it/or did it mean all nigerians do it.

I said marriage for papers is popular amongst West African men...who referred to all Nigerian men undecided
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by kgr28(m): 4:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
sweetcheecks: In all honesty South African are not interested in anything Nigerian the few of us on NL are here becouse we either are in relationship with Nigerians or friends or workmates. Otherwise an average South African does not give a rats azz about who or what Ngerians are or do they only know them as fraudsters, drug dealers and scammers who are loud and arrogant.

Secondly Nigeria has no influence to SA although they claim to have help SA during the apartheid by collecting 2cents which knowing the greed of Nigerians I doubt if it even left the veranda of their schools. My advice they should go back to their schools and collect their money and stop making the noise becouse we really do not give a damnn about that and we do not owe them shiit.

South Africa is influential in Southern, central and East Africa mostly and lately in West Africa. We are major contributer of services in the continent.

1. Our financial services company are all over Africa including Nigeria Standard Bank, FNB also Sanlam, Old Mutual etc.these are international companies operating in US and Uk but are South African.
Africa
3. Fast food brands export to not just Africa but the world over, Nandos, Mug & Bean, Spur, Wimpy, Steers, debonairs etc
5. Media and television DSTV, SABC many countries watch and recieve SABC and watch our soapies like generations check facebook and see how many african countries have their SAsoapies pages.
8. Education. Distant learning unisa and accomodates large numbers of outside students in our unis
9. Entertainment, have exported the best artist to the worls over, Mama Makeba, Letta Mbulu and Caiphas Semenya, Jonathan Buttler, The Soil, too many to count
10. Hosts to international events Rugby world cup, cricket world cup, Soccer world cup etc
15. Rand used as an acceptable currency in more than 10 countries in Southern Africa
16. Fruit exporter
17. Films more influential led to the new Bollywood and SA film industry ( SAIFTA) Awards launched this year
19. THECape Town Jazz festival which use to be North sea Jazz festival which bost more40 local and international artists this year, Tonight Aretha franklin, et al grin
21. UN security council
22. AU chairmanship
23. BRICS

Now lets check Nigeria. Please note we do not know or watch your movies I for one cannot stand their howling when they talk and the poor workmanship. And your artist well I do not know or like them they are imitating too much.
1.Oil
3.Boko horam
4.Massob
5. Mend
6. 419 scammers
7. Drug truficking
8. Kidnapping
9. Corruption ( where else have you ever heard a government official redirecting government funds 88billion naira to his own personal account and earn interest on it? Only in Naija)

grin grin grin
yah noh...thats SA there!! Just wait for their reponses, wait wait wait here they come: HIV,CARJACKERS,KILLERS.. dah tell us somethng new.

5 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Engen(m): 4:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
These guys are all of full of Nonsense...THE QUESTION WAS WHICH COUNTRY IS MOST INFLUENTIAL...pls stop talking about infrastructural and currency... IN-FLUENCY is not about who has the most money or who is better...How many South African musician do an average Nigeria Knows? How many South African style or food been eating in Nigeria? If you have your answers then you will know which country is more influential.
Lanrefahm: south africa is far better dan naija. dis is a silly question. is just like comparing messi with obafemi martins or comparing BH to MASSOB comparing wole soyinka to chinua achebe.

abeg abeg dey no fit compare
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by sweetcheecks(f): 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2013
Engen: These guys are all of full of Nonsense...THE QUESTION WAS WHICH COUNTRY IS MOST INFLUENTIAL...pls stop talking about infrastructural and currency... IN-FLUENCY is not about who has the most money or who is better...How many South African musician do an average Nigeria Knows? How many South African style or food been eating in Nigeria? If you have your answers then you will know which country is more influential.

We do not know any Nigerian artist the one who performed was invited to CAF just to mix and be representative of the continent so was the Kenyan Lady.

Your food we do not eat ot know unless you are married to an Nigerian.But you have our Resturants and fastfood.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Tonae: 5:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
There is just no basis in comparing Nigeria and South Africa when it comes to influence peddling both within the African continent and globally. Who fought most and stood her grounds in the face of all manner of threats to ensure black South Africa was freed from white minority tyranny - NIGERIA. Who stood most with the Zimbabwean people for independence against the white British rule - NIGERIA. Who contributes more financially and militarily within the continent and even the UN in peace keeping missions - NIGERIA. In producing the brightest minds within the education sector of course Nigeria comes first and we even have our teachers/lecturers in hot demand in other African countries including S/A. Irrespective of terribly bad leadership and the attendant corruption Nigeria still remains the second largest economy in the continent and even in hot pursuit to over take the S/A economy. Nigeria remains the giant of Africa in all ramifications the incompetent leadership problems besetting her notwithstanding.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
unfortunately, this thread has gone the way i did not intend. However, i am going to give my conclusion from all i have read from everyone and also in line with the criteria i gave earlier.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2013
kgr28: yah noh...thats SA there!! Just wait for their reponses, wait wait wait here they come: HIV,CARJACKERS,KILLERS.. dah tell us somethng new.
Good..you know yourselves grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
sweetcheecks:
we do not know any Nigerian artist the one who performed was invited to CAF just to mix and be representative of the continent so was the Kenyan Lady.

Your food we do not eat ot know unless you are married to an Nigerian.But you have our Resturants and fastfood.
Lol @bolded

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
sweetcheecks: In all honesty South African are not interested in anything Nigerian the few of us on NL are here becouse we either are in relationship with Nigerians or friends or workmates. Otherwise an average South African does not give a rats azz about who or what Ngerians are or do they only know them as fraudsters, drug dealers and scammers who are loud and arrogant.

Africa
16. Fruit exporter
21. UN security council
22. AU chairmanship
23. BRICS

1.Oil
3.Boko horam
4.Massob
5. Mend
6. 419 scammers
7. Drug truficking
8. Kidnapping

grin grin grin
Just 23? Well, my list is endless grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Remembering Dele Giwa: 30 Years After His Assassination / Boko Haram Drugs, Logistics & Fuel Suppliers Arrested By Troops / Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.