Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,529 members, 7,937,520 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 07:09 AM

South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? (32880 Views)

We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Xenophobia: South Africa Vs One Nigeria.[photo][viewer discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
after careful observation of evey response in here, and in line with the topic and criteria, i think in my opinion which may not be flawless, that Nigeria is more influential. And i'm going to explain.

CULTURALLY: on this one, i give it to Nigeria. Nigeria's material and non material culture is scattered all over the continent. You hear people of other countries want to speak like Nigerians, they wear nigeria attire, the learn our pidgin english and eat nigerian food.

I think we all agree with this. If you dont agree, you can bring up your point and show that they are superior to what i have given.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 05, 2013
sheyie2007:
Just 23? Well, my list is endless grin
the list we never saw lmao

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2013
ECONOMICALLY: i still give this one to Nigeria. ALTHOUGH SAs GDP IS HIGHER, but the question is not who has a higher GDP but the one who has been able to influence other countries with it.

Yes SA has been able to influence people economically by leting many africans go there to get a better life. But it is still the same with Nigeria! The difference is, in the case of Nigeria, it is not well know. But that it is not known doesnt mean it is not there in its mass.

Millions of west africans and central africans reside in Nigeria without doucuments. It is as easy as taking your bag and walking through the border. They settle down with any fear of intimidation from the authority. Like someone said, they are the coblers, masons, rat poison sellers, cart pushers etc you find in Nigeria. They work in Nigeria and build decent houses in their countries like someone said.

If Nigeria cuts off gas supplies to the west african pipe line, there will be trouble in other economies.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by kgr28(m): 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2013
sheyie2007:
Good..you know yourselves grin
and you are perfect!!!
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 05, 2013
still on economy, if Nigeria should close all of its borders other countries would suffer. Just when we partially removed subsidy from petroleum products, petrol prices increased dramatically in so many african countries. I dont know what SA has that if it withholds it, other countries will come calling Zuma. Maybe there are but i cant think of one.

People talk of the SA companies in Africa but Nigerian companies are there too lets not forget it. Should they decide to leave (which is a decision they would not want to take), other companies would be so glad to take their costumers and employees thereby, off setting any damage very quickly. So i dont think any president would come calling zuma. But nigeria can take actions and somany presidents would be here in Abuja in no time.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by PetroDollaz: 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2013
[quote author=souldust]ECONOMICALLY: ALTHOUGH SAs GDP IS HIGHER, but the question is not who has a higher GDP but the one who has been able to influence other countries with it.
GAS HAS NOT FLOWED SINCE AUGUST N THERE HASN'T BEEN TROUBLE ANYWHERE.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by PetroDollaz: 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
[quote author=souldust]if Nigeria should close all of its borders other countries would suffer.Just when we partially removed subsidy frompetroleum products, petrolprices increased dramatically in so many african countries.STOP TALKING FROM UR ANUS!

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
mondi_cheeks: the list we never saw lmao
Lol...I've posted enough of it on this platform.. to crown it all.. We top the HDI rating.. grin you'll never attain that position, not in a decade grin grin
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
Remove nigeria from the continent and see what happens to the world economy cheesy
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by sweetcheecks(f): 6:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
souldust: still on economy, if Nigeria should close all of its borders other countries would suffer. Just when we partially removed subsidy from petroleum products, petrol prices increased dramatically in so many african countries. I dont know what SA has that if it withholds it, other countries will come calling Zuma. Maybe there are but i cant think of one.

I think you have gone completely mad or you just do not have a clue of what you are talking about.
What does the Nigerian fuel subsidy have anything to do with other countries? Is jy mal? By the way you can withhold your oil most african countries do not even buy oil from Nigeria a bigger chunk.of your oil is bought by the US as back up for their country.

Imagine of the embargo on Iran has not rendered anyone desperate or without oil how will Nigeria make anyone suffer? You are member of OPEC you do not determine your own price for African countries. Agggg man I am not going to school you now on oil trading. Bjust go back to school. You are shame.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
sweetcheecks:

I think you have gone completely mad or you just do not have a clue of what you are talking about.
What does the Nigerian fuel subsidy have anything to do with other countries? Is jy mal? By the way you can withhold your oil most african countries do not even buy oil from Nigeria a bigger chunk.of your oil is bought by the US as back up for their country.

Imagine of the embargo on Iran has not rendered anyone desperate or without oil how will Nigeria make anyone suffer? You are member of OPEC you do not determine your own price for African countries. Agggg man I am not going to school you now on oil trading. Bjust go back to school. You are shame.
@bolded - now i'm convinced that you're posting for the sake of 'posting'.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
POLITICALLY: Nigeria has in the past and still today so many judges and serving as chief justice of several african countries. There are so many legal practitioners on Nigeria's payroll in other african countries.

Nigeria still has soldiers in the past and present serving as chief of army, naval, air and defence staff of other countries. They are on the FGs payroll. If there is any trouble, and the FG decides to call them back, things might go wrong.

If Nigeria decides not to keep its commitment to ECOWAS and AU, you will know immediately that something is missing. It could be SA has a similar influence but i know not of it.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
souldust: POLITICALLY: Nigeria has in the past and still today so many judges and serving as chief justice of several african countries. There are so many legal practitioners on Nigeria's payroll in other african countries.

Nigeria still has soldiers in the past and present serving as chief of army, naval, air and defence staff of other countries. They are on the FGs payroll. If there is any trouble, and the FG decides to call them back, things might go wrong.

If Nigeria decides not to keep its commitment to ECOWAS and AU, you will know immediately that something is missing. It could be SA has a similar influence but i know not of it.
SA is playing catch up grin grin grin hehehehhe
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
i understand the emotions of so many SAs in here, but that nigeria is more influential does not mean you are nothing. You just cannot have it all. You just canot have all of the advantage. Even america on its own and together with NATO still do not have it all. It is becos you do not understand this that you are getting emotional.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Engen(m): 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2013
Your comments on a Nigerian Blog shows the amount of influence Nigeria have on you
sheyie2007:
SA is playing catch up grin grin grin hehehehhe

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
despite all i have said, i still do not think Nigeria will be able to flex its muscles if it were to engage in a stand off with SA in a moment of truth.
Mit is onething to have influence and it is another thing to be aware of it. If you have it and not aware of it, how then can you use it? If you cannot use it, how important is it then?

In the moment of truth, SA and Naija, SA wins even though we have what it takes to win them hands down.

When that time comes, the much needed moral support the FG would need from its people so as to flex its muscles will not be there. This is becos most Nigerians are deluded and frustrated (some for genuine reasons other are just out of pure misinformation) and SA has a better perception rate than Nigeria even among nigerians. Moral support is the first thing, lose it and you lose every thing before it starts.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2013
souldust: despite all i have said, i still do not think Nigeria will be able to flex its muscles if it were to engage in a stand off with SA in a moment of truth.
Mit is onething to have influence and it is another thing to be aware of it. If you have it and not aware of it, how then can you use it? If you cannot use it, how important is it then?

In the moment of truth, SA and Naija, SA wins even though we have what it takes to win them hands down.

When that time comes, the much needed moral support the FG would need from its people so as to flex its muscles will not be there. This is becos most Nigerians are deluded and frustrated (some for genuine reasons other are just out of pure misinformation) and SA has a better perception rate than Nigeria even among nigerians. Moral support is the first thing, lose it and you lose every thing before it starts.
yes boss
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by sweetcheecks(f): 7:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
sheyie2007:
@bolded - now i'm convinced that you're posting for the sake of 'posting'.

You are dumb and that is a fact. See the pic of fuel pricing the subsidies are part of taxes and marketung and sales costs that each country sets for its citizen it does not apply to other countries, dummy embarassed

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 05, 2013
Pple still talking about potential influence not actual influence grin
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by ikeyman00(m): 7:32pm On Apr 05, 2013
@@@

just wondering the reason a lot of africans fly down to Nigeria just to see a local pastor!
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
@PetroDollaz

As much as Nigeria irritates me I must say that even YOU know that the country exerts some influence on Africa.

Ghana included.

I have seen you use Nigerian expressions in your write-ups.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dis thread is gettin out of hands o. K, we don hear una, both countries re one of d best countries in Africa, they both represent Africa in +ve & -ve way(s). Dey re both influential. Pls kids, find sumtin else 2 do.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2013
sweetcheecks:

You are dumb and that is a fact. See the pic of fuel pricing the subsidies are part of taxes and marketung and sales costs that each country sets for its citizen it does not apply to other countries, dummy embarassed
gal chillax, u dont hv 2 use dos words. We re just clearin points. My sista u will agree wit me if i shld say ordinary NAIRALAND difines d word INFLUENCE. U want example? Take urself as an example. We re still blacks, frm d same continent. Nigeria nd South Africa both hv deir internal nd external problems, just dont boil. *Take Alomo bitters nd chillax*
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by PetroDollaz: 8:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
sheyie2007: Remove nigeria from the continent and see what happens to the world economy cheesy
That's supposed to be a joke,huh?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by PetroDollaz: 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
nnenna.1:
the country exerts some influence on Africa.
Ghana included.
I have seen you use Nigerian expressions in your write-ups.
you'll be suprised 2 see me use liberian or s.leonean expressions.am I under their influence?no
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by BarryX(m): 10:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
PetroDollaz: you'll be suprised 2 see me use liberian or s.leonean expressions.am I under their influence?no
Of course you're, self-denial from experience ends up disastrous
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 05, 2013
i tink dis shld cool ur temper."Pretoria has been
made
by the White mind
for
the White man. We
are
not obliged even
the
least to try to
prove to
anybody and to
the
Blacks that we are
superior people.
We
have
demonstrated
that to the Blacks
in a
thousand and one
ways.
The Republic of
South
Africa that we
know of
today has not
been
created by wishful
thinking. We have
created it at the
expense of
intelligence,
sweat and blood.
Were
they Afrikaners
who
tried to eliminate
the
Australian
Aborigines?
Are they
Afrikaners
who discriminate
against Blacks and
call
them Nig*ers in
the
States? Were they
Afrikaners who
started
the slave trade?
Where
is the Black man
appreciated?
England
discriminates
against its
Black and their
"Sus" law
is out to discipline
the
Blacks.
Canada, France,
Russia,
and Japan all play
their
discrimination too.
Why
in the hell then is
so
much noise made
about
us? Why are they
biased
against us? I am
simply
trying to prove to
you all
that there is
nothing
unusual we are
doing
that the so called
civilized worlds are
not
doing. We are
simply an
honest people who
have
come out aloud
with a
clear philosophy of
how
we want to live our
own White life.
We do not pretend
other Whites that
we
like Blacks. The
fact
that, Blacks look
human beings and
act
like human beings
do
not necessarily
make
them sensible
human
beings. Hedgehogs
are
not porcupines and
lizards are not
crocodiles
simply because
they
look alike. If God
wanted
us to be equal to
the
Blacks, he would
have
created us all of a
uniform colour and
intellect. But he
created
us differently:
Whites,
Blacks, Yellow,
Rulers
and the ruled.
Intellectually, we
are
superior to the
Blacks;
that has been
proven
beyond any
reasonable
doubt over the
years. I
believe that the
Afrikaner is an
honest,
God fearing
person, who
has demonstrated
practically the right
way
of being.
Nevertheless, it is
comforting to
know
that behind the
scenes,
Europe, America,
Canada, Australia -
and
all others - are
behind us
in spite of what
they
say. For diplomatic
relations, we all
know
what language
should
be used and
where. To
prove my point,
Comrades, does
anyone
of you know a
White
country without an
investment or
interest
in South Africa?
Who
buys our gold? Who
buys our
diamonds?
Who trades with
us?
Who is helping us
develop other
nuclear
weapon? The very
truth
is that we are their
people, and they
are our
people. It's a big
secret.
The strength of
our
economy is backed
by
America, Britain,
Germany. It is our
strong conviction,
therefore, that the
Black is the raw
material for the
White
man... Surely God
cannot
forsake his own
people,
whom we are. By
now
every one of us
has
seen it practically
that
the Blacks cannot
rule
themselves. Give
them
guns and they will
kill
each other. They
are
good in nothing
else but
making noise,
dancing,
marrying many
wives
and indulging in
sex.
Let us all accept
that
the Black man is
the
symbol of poverty,
mental inferiority,
laziness and
emotional
incompetence.
Isn't it
plausible,
therefore,
that the White man
is
created to rule the
Black
man?... Does
anyone of
you believe that
the
Blacks can rule this
country?
...most Blacks are
vulnerable to
money
inducements.The
old
trick of divide and
rule is
still very valid
today.His
inferior sense of
morals
can be exploited
beautifully.
And here is a
creature
that lacks
foresight.The
average Black
does not
plan his life beyond
a
year. records show
that
the Black man is
dying
to go to bed with
the
White woman.don't
be
ashamed of being
called
racists. I do not
mind
being called the
architect and King
of
Apartheid. I shall
not
become a monkey
simply because
someone has
called me
a monkey.
Miriam Chiazor:
Your pain
is the breaking of
the
shell that encloses
your
understanding..
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by olasquare: 11:24pm On Apr 05, 2013
Reading through most post...it's just funny hw u get to c hw some pple think. I think am begining to c through this thread the truth in psychological field that link pple thinking,&word to their IQ. Some pple needs to consult their dic. To learn the meaning of words,&need to av the topic explained to them..to dis set of pple I will like to tell them they shld know they re not the only one in 9ja feeling d effect of the weak naira or poor economy. With that said, with d present structure of the EUROPEAN UNION; we all know that the UNITED KINGDOM economy is larger&advancely developed than that of FRANCE,& d POUNDS commands greater value than d CFA:but with dis disparity & gap; does d UK has more influence than d FRANCH in d european union? For those that talks bout international politics they know almost to nothing bout.. D question of ibfluence has to do with ur political strength around d issues of d continent. D politics are beyond money.. Funny enough d SA is only playing d game of hype & image boosting by making sure they throw up media confrontations as this so as to package there external political outlook.. There foreign policy office,&international diplomats knows off d shutters & d flash ligths they need to come to there senses. 9ja is not just giant bcoz of our nos.. Our foreign policy is strongest in Africa..someone talked bout d bakassi issue &talked fools that if 9ja is more influential they shld not av let d region off. It shows dat person schooling- shld ur elder broda alwayz say bcoz he is ur senior,&stronger,bcoz of this each time u want to share meat with him remove 2of ur teeth to tell u hw he can influence d sharing formular?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MacLovington(m): 1:52am On Apr 06, 2013
manuell1021: Dis thread is gettin out of hands o. K, we don hear una, both countries re one of d best countries in Africa, they both represent Africa in +ve & -ve way(s). Dey re both influential. Pls kids, find sumtin else 2 do.

You no tire......supposed grown ups comapring their mannliness/womanliness in the open to see which is bigger/juicier. grin
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MEILYN(m): 9:04am On Apr 06, 2013
End of discussion Nigeria is more influential.............I heard 'My Oga at the top' on a South African Tv Program called FRENZIE nw dats influence..........Nigerian pidgin English is being spoken in China,Ghana,Cameroon E.t.c............Yoruba is d second language after French in Benin Republic, Majority speak Yoruba.......Nw dats influence
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by PetroDollaz: 9:06am On Apr 06, 2013
BarryX: you're, self-denial from experience ends up disastrous
when I post on nl,a naija site,it will be different when I go 2 an Irish,american or liberian site.it's about communication n versatility!not any fvckin 'influence'
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by PetroDollaz: 9:12am On Apr 06, 2013
MEILYN: End of discussion Nigeria is more influencial.I heard 'My Oga at the top' on a South African Program nw dats influence
can u imagine! ur oga @ d top was on an SA programme n dat's a confirmation nig is more influential?lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Obi And Datti Listen As Their Wives Speak To Them At Campaign (Photos) / Kenechukwu Okeke, Lawyer Who Sued #EndSARS Protesters Suspected Of Being Fake / David Hundeyin: FG Approves ₦1.4 Billion To Buy 10 Vehicles For Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.