Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,480 members, 7,901,344 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:47 AM

Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS (14083 Views)

Asset Declaration: Buhari Can No Longer Pretend To Be Poor – Balarabe Musa / Why Minorities World Over Are And Will Remain Poor. ….by Ena Ofugara / Shan George Blasts Buhari For Claiming To Be Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Sweetlemon(f): 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: I hardly see any poor person around. Where are the poor people ?

You this guy ehn!
Sometimes your blind support for GEJ can be touching, even motivating. At other times, it's just simply disgusting to watch
Na wa for you o!

2 Likes

Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Larrygr8t: 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
I pray so
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
That's only possible afta they must've 'tinkered' de real definition of poverty undecidedThat's only possible afta they must've 'tinkered' de real definition of poverty
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by tjskii(f): 12:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
Mscheeewww angry
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Policewoman(f): 12:20pm On Apr 05, 2013
billante: The National Bureau of Statistics on Thursday in Abuja expressed optimism that by 2015, only 27.2 per cent of the nation’s population would be poor.

The Statistician-General of the Federation and Chief Executive Officer, NBS, Dr. Yemi Kale, represented by the Assistant Director, Millennium Development Goals, NBS, Mr. Iro Godwin, said this during a dialogue organised by the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Millennium Development Goals to review the progress report made by Nigeria on international agreed goals.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on MDGs, Dr. Precious Gbeneol, will present the country at the United Nations Economic and Social Commission’s Annual Ministerial Review coming up in June in Switzerland.

Kale said, “In 2004, we ran the first National Living Standard Survey and we estimated the number of Nigerians that were living below poverty line at 54.4 per cent.

“Between 1999 and 2015, if we divide 54.4 per cent by two to enable us draw our target, it is expected that by 2015, only 27.2 per cent of Nigeria’s population will be poor.”

Based on the last research conducted in 2010, the NBS noted that the country would need to build about 37.2 per cent of its population to live above the present national poverty line.

Earlier, the Minister of National Planning, Dr. Shamsudeen Usman, represented by Mr. Abraham Taiwo, unveiled plans to make public the nation’s MDG information system soon.

The minister said the system, which will be accessible by governmental and non-governmental organisations, would be vital for policy planning and implementation by all stakeholders.

“Nigeria now has a comprehensive map of health, education, and water and sanitation facilities throughout the country. Not only are the locations of these facilities mapped, but their capacity has been recorded and the gaps in capacity highlighted. All these will soon be made public for policy making and implementation,” Usman said.

The minister further said the MDG information system developed by the Nigeria MDGs Office in partnership with the UN Country Team was designed to increase the accuracy of targeted investment and accelerate the developmental progress at both national and sub-national levels.

He added that the NMIS had been useful in guiding the investment of country’s $1bn debt relief gains in pro-poor activities, especially in the implementation of the Conditional Grant Scheme.

According to him, the CGS has been successful in encouraging states and local governments to increase their spending in areas of education, health and water.

In her remarks, Gbeneol said the forum provided an opportunity for stakeholders to review the progress and challenges being faced in the implementation of the MDGs in the country.

She noted that the national report that would be compiled from contributions at the forum wouldl highlight progress made in the implementation of the national development strategies and policies, key challenges as well as lessons learned for scaling up efforts.

ECOSOC initiated the AMR mechanism for the international community to assess and advance progress towards the IADGs, which includes the MDGs in 2007.

http://naijaobserver./2013/04/05/only-27-2-of-nigeriansll-be-poor-by-2015-nbs/
Ignoramuses. So you people now plot a graph and think that will solve the poverty level in Nigeria, without making any efforts to create jobs?

1 Like

Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 05, 2013

Check your mirror...i'm sure you'll find a mental and financial pauper there

4 Likes

Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by niggadee(m): 12:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
false
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by theripper2: 12:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
Story for the birds of the air.
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2013
Before you shout is a lie. Ask yourself how poor were you five years ago and how has your pocket improved over the past few years. Nigeria is a place that if you are hard working you will never get broke unless you are waiting for the Government to feed you or employ you then you wait for ages. There are lots of services that people are willing to pay for and if you got an idea you will become rich over the years. For example there was this guy i knew in ariaria market who has nothing doing along the line he was able to buy a generator and he started using the generator to provide electricity to few shop owners in the market and each pays him 100 per day, the last time i went to ariaria and met this guy he now owns a BIG Lister Engine and he provides over 500 people with electricity and is not even for a full day. if you check 100 naira into 500 it gives you 50k per day. Mehn guys are making money just use your brain and stop waiting for the Government.

The reason you hardly see easterners complain about bad government is that they can make money from any little thing and hardly you will see anyone relying on the government for anything. If there are people that are supposed to complain about BAD Governance it should be the igbos especially the people in ABIA State because if you go to that state you will wonder if there is any government presence there yet they do carry on with their lives making their money no one depends on the Government for anything. Some streets will contribute money and repair their roads, life moves on, to them the Government can go to hell. They will only have problems with you only when you interfere into there business. What am i trying to say. Everyone should stop waiting for the government cause if you keep waiting for them (government) you will grow white beards.

5 Likes

Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Gooogle(m): 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2013
Yes, me too. In those 3D hollywood movies we watch in Asorock. Idi*ot

2 Likes

Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Gooogle(m): 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
PeeDaVinci: maybe they should start by giving us their clear definition of poverty, they can then follow it by stating the source, methodology of collection and analysis of their data

This is the best I have read in a while. They think everybody is dumb like them. They should give us the paper work, atleast we can read
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Sike(m): 12:32pm On Apr 05, 2013
We are not poor however, Dr Yemi.
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by adahib: 12:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
*sneezes loudly*
D.amn! I'm allergic to B.S.

Nigerians with their unending impossible projections.what a funny statement.
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
That's only possible afta they must've 'tinkered' de real definition of poverty... undecided
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by goshen26: 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
Politics on point
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Osama10(m): 12:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
Talk is cheap.
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
The folks at NBS have seen a leaked memo which mentions the introduction of a social welfare package grin
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Odunharry(m): 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: I just read it now. Its not scam now. I hardly see poor people around.
then u must be a daddy's child...u dnt go out ma bro
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
“Between 1999 and 2015, if we divide 54.4 per cent by two to enable us draw our target, it is expected that by 2015, only 27.2 per cent of Nigeria’s population will be poor.”

What the hell does the part in bold mean?
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by EKOBIZ: 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2013
Statistics of the Rich: The ex-leaders,current leaders,relatives and friends. Few businessmen and women,419ners,Drug Barons,Pastors,Kidnappers etc in calculation they are not up to 10% of the total citizens, in my own view and understanding of what he mean is OPPOSITE. In 2015 27.2% of Nigeria will be RICH while 72.8% will be poor. Unless they will return IBB loot,Abacha,Ibori,Alighemesia,OBJ,GEJ,ATIKU loot etc on,share us the money that when that statistics will work.

1 Like

Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Orikinla(m): 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2013
[size=48pt]WHEN 75% OF NIGERIANS ARE ILLITERATES IN THE RURAL AREAS AND WITH OVER 67 MILLION ARE STILL JOBLESS AND 22 MILLION OF THEM ARE IN THE BOKO HARAM DEVASTATED NOTHERN REGION?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Ojeremi(m): 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
Morgan1092: i wanted 2 curse u, bt afta reading ur only 7 post since u joind NL, i realized u lack home training. #no offense#
u are extremely dumb and exceedingly craze.*no offense*
if u werd in ur right mind b4 u replied.
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by CUIzundu(m): 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
Akuko n'egwu (story n play)hahahhohohohaha
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by gbagyiza: 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
Na big lie.
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Zet72(m): 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
ebamma: .What a joke,
grin
ebamma: .What a joke,
even if na magic, them wan use such feet is not posible even in 2025.... Great joke
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Nightshift(m): 12:54pm On Apr 05, 2013
Yeepaa, seems like another water for all, electricity for all, schools and hospitals for all promise, in the year 2000! Oil money madness? Poverty dey Africa, Nigeria kakarakaka, suffer dey kill my people everyday, kakarakaka!

1 Like

Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by fkaz(m): 12:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
Yes the statistician is right, because when jona grant amnesty to boko-haram, poverty will reduce. cool
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by beejay4all(m): 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
We are waiting till then.May be d Poor we turn 2 Rich and Rich 2 poor shabi?lol,
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by rolyn: 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2013
TORI
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Morkavictor: 1:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
Just passing by
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
yeah!

and the other 72.8% would be destitute or dead angry
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Morgan1092(m): 1:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
Ojeremi:
u are extremely dumb and exceedingly craze.*no offense*
if u werd in ur right mind b4 u replied.
Go tek a dive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi Congratulates Nyesom Wike / Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security / Pro-Atiku Youth Groups Hold PVC Rally In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.