Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,926 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:40 AM

Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing (3211 Views)

Val's Dinner: Rate My Fiancee And I. :D / Single Lady Wants Married Women To Know Why They Date Their Husbands / Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
Creamish: On a serious note . . i think the guyz are the ones shooting themselves. If u dont have it, dont flaunt to impress. If she likes u without it, its genuine. On the other hand, if ur d generous sort, dont get discouraged. Just be careful not to fall mugu.

Personally, its not about the money finally . . its his xter dat matters. Iv got a great job so gifts dont impress me. A simple date like a walk down a quiet road, time @ d beach or just chilling at a park does it for me. wink

I couldn't have said it better myself.

You get it.

Infact sweetheart, You gotta give your number. I'm sure your boyfriend will understand.

My Indipendent Lady.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
pro01: Bits and pieces of the post make a great deal of sense. Although it is nonsensical to expect a naija girl to pay when you take her out. It simply doesn't work in our culture. Other than this, I agree with some of the other points in the post.

For instance, I simply don't do movie and restaurant 'dates' because they are generally a bleeping waste of time. And yes, I agree they trigger unnecessary 'courtship' behaviours in some confused women. It's more effective to take them to lounges/bars and decent 'beer parlours' (lol) where you can have your beer/wine while she has hers, over plates of mende mende. I agree its a more relaxed and 'natural' environment than some stoopid and stiff fancy restaurant or movie theatre. Then again, it shows you are doing things on your own terms, playing by your own rules, which is always crucial.

I can only take a girl to the movies if she asks for it at some point, and then it must be a girl that I am already intimate with, not some new girl still trying to play hard-to-get on her fat ass. If she no gree, make she waka. Others plenty for queue.

If it wouldn't have sound a little bit "gay", I would have said "I love you man". Lol.

It's refreshing to see a man who "get it".

Keep in touch bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 2:17pm On Apr 09, 2013
190: Nigerian girls won't find this post funny

OP do you want them to starve undecided

You are preaching to the choir.

Although most appreciate the openness amd uniqueness.

To starve them was not my intention, far from it - but for them to actually have more fun on a date.

And I think most girls are actually getting it.

...While some - well you can't please everybody.

Peace bro.

http://www.woonaijawomen.com
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Creamish(f): 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2013
bukason1:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

You get it.

Infact sweetheart, You gotta give your number. I'm sure your boyfriend will understand.

My Indipendent Lady.

HAHAHA . . .na so. . grin
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 2:31pm On Apr 09, 2013
Creamish:

HAHAHA . . .na so. . grin

Yeah.

What can I say...

I'm a sucker for Strong Independent Attractive Women.

I mean, you're gorgoues - aren't you?
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Creamish(f): 2:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
bukason1:

Yeah.

What can I say...

I'm a sucker for Strong Independent Attractive Women.

I mean, you're gorgoues - aren't you?

Wuld u believe wat i say?
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
Creamish:

Wuld u believe wat i say?

Maybe.

Then again... I can always ask for proof - so, no foul... no Harm.

So?
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Creamish(f): 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2013
bukason1:

Maybe.

Then again... I can always ask for proof - so, no foul... no Harm.

So?

Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2013
Creamish:

Checked your profile...

Judging by the pic there - You might not be even legal to date.

Where are your parents?

Lol.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Creamish(f): 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
bukason1:

Checked your profile...

Judging by the pic there - You might not be even legal to date.

Where are your parents?

Lol.

LOLZ . . . just removed it. Check again.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
Creamish:

LOLZ . . . just removed it. Check again.

Okay, Now we are getting somewhere.

You got my attention... But...

Can you cook?
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Creamish(f): 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2013
bukason1:

Okay, Now we are getting somewhere.

You got my attention... But...

Can you cook?

R U SERIOUS? grin . . . WELL, IF INDOMIE IS FOOD . .THEN YES grin
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 4:17pm On Apr 09, 2013
Creamish:

R U SERIOUS? grin . . . WELL, IF INDOMIE IS FOOD . .THEN YES grin

INDOMIE. Seriously?

Na. That's doesn't count as food.

As a matter of fact - That doesn't as anything.

I mean my 4years old niece can kiss-a*s on an award-cooking-indomie competition.

What else can you cook?

Make it count.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Creamish(f): 4:21pm On Apr 09, 2013
lolz . . depends on how much u give me to buy foodstuff in d mkt . . small money = indomie. Plenty money = correct native soup wit goat meat, okporoko, dried fish, nsam, canda etc . . grin
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 4:34pm On Apr 09, 2013
Creamish: lolz . . depends on how much u give me to buy foodstuff in d mkt . . small money = indomie. Plenty money = correct native soup wit goat meat, okporoko, dried fish, nsam, canda etc . . grin

I have been falling a little bit asleep before... But now...

I'm back in.

I gotta be somewhere in fifteen minutes, inbox that phone digit.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by kambo(m): 7:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
poster, my post is loooooooong cuz i raised issues with points u presented. Ur ideas clearly didnt fit into d nigerian environment that u want 2 market ur product in. I visited ur site saw ur books with caucasian models on d cover pages -- yet u targeting the black market ur either delibrately un savvy about marketing or a white trying to pose as a black . Get ur game right dude. U talkd about taking a girl out 4 a beer, how many nigerian first dates hav u gotten with tht line!? I assume u run a coaching business drop your number office address and line. Ur post reeks of un originality, the testimonial from the guy on your website is so fake it's obvious. If ur a nigerian, stop regurgating materials u got frm other dating books.. Research and come up with your own content. Hope u can read and understand this one (sent from my phone) he he he
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by pleep(m): 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2013
Why u guys hating? its not only nigerians that use this site.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 9:49am On Apr 10, 2013
kambo: poster, my post is loooooooong cuz i raised issues with points u presented. Ur ideas clearly didnt fit into d nigerian environment that u want 2 market ur product in. I visited ur site saw ur books with caucasian models on d cover pages -- yet u targeting the black market ur either delibrately un savvy about marketing or a white trying to pose as a black . Get ur game right dude. U talkd about taking a girl out 4 a beer, how many nigerian first dates hav u gotten with tht line!? I assume u run a coaching business drop your number office address and line. Ur post reeks of un originality, the testimonial from the guy on your website is so fake it's obvious. If ur a nigerian, stop regurgating materials u got frm other dating books.. Research and come up with your own content. Hope u can read and understand this one (sent from my phone) he he he

Na wao!

-Get my game right

-how many nigerian first dates hav u gotten with tht line!?

I mean like, Are you serious?

Someone seriously took a bit*ch pills. Lol.

I mean you are telling me Nigeria books with caucasian models on d cover is a proplem.

Seriously "dude", Throway that phone you are typing with and go get yourself a "nokia 3110". Lol.

Let's play nice, bro.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by kambo(m): 2:20am On Apr 11, 2013
guy on a serious note , you lack content. really. u've not addressed any issue i raised just making barren exclamations.
as for the person talking of hating.. ? who's hating?
you're on an international website , marketing yourself and your product and
yet the product is riddled with holes?
my first post highlighted some inconsistencies in your product offering - you ignored it.
i made a second post summarising some points still you ignore --
you are suppose to be logically fortified to defend your assertions here .
your website name is woonaija (if i'm not wrong) , from the name alone its apparent you are targeting the nigerian market else you'd have used a more universal name.
the testimonial on the site is by a nigerian.
yet the marketing is contradictory, it raises brows.
indomie is marketed to the nigerian market, they made a promotional cartoon to advertise their brand - guess what - the super heroes in the cartoons were 'nigerianized' black skin etc why? - ask yourself.
yet your own marketing has caucasian models ? c'mon. use some sense here?
u dont need an mba to see you're sending wrong signals.
look at the dating tabs on this nairaland, dont you see a black guy kissing a black babe
and a black babe hugging a brown skin guy? why dont they use caucasians to model the product for the market (naija)?

>> you are supposedly a master coach - using an out of place line l ike -
inviting a lady for a "beer" not a drink but a beer.
the guy's who will be taking your advice will be wanting top chicks like 7-10 out 10 range , sophisticated babes something better than the typical types they attract
and first pitch is "let's go for a beer?"

>> you talk about exotic neighbourhoods , unique architecture, going for walks .
which raised eye brows.

i'm not a dating coach or interestd in being one or rivaling you,
but you came across un prepared and the loop holes in your presentation is so blatant.

They're dating coaches on youtube, with their own consultancies they run seminars,
you come across and not knowing what your saying with these cheap pitches of yours
and you'll drive nails into your coffin before wary prospects.
if at a glance i can see so much holes in your pitch what would happen to those who
are mor critical?
nokia 3310? - out of point remarks-..
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by pleep(m): 2:31am On Apr 11, 2013
^ dude.... chill the hell out. Why are guys so byth-made on this site? hating on other dudes like a buncha hoes.

If u don't like his message buzz off
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Nobody: 2:31am On Apr 11, 2013
bukason1:

Sweetheart!

Don't worry, I know a trick question when I see one.

And do me a favor, next time you want to make a post here, add pretty picture of yourself. (Preferably with your hot girlfriends) - there are way two many prospects for you here.

Be good.
for a guy who's idea of a first date is going out for beer? angry
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by pleep(m): 2:33am On Apr 11, 2013
The way i see it, a first date like that is a good way of screening out undesirable and materialistic girls like mondi-cheeks.
I dont know why dudes even waste their time with girls like that...

btw. hey mondi cheeks wassup? wink
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Nobody: 2:39am On Apr 11, 2013
pleep: The way i see it, a first date like that is a good way of screening out undesirable and materialistic girls like mondi-cheeks.
I dont know why dudes even waste their time with girls like that...

btw. hey mondi cheeks wassup? wink
I don't drink beer, so why should I settle for going out for a beer on the first date?
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by pleep(m): 2:42am On Apr 11, 2013
Wine then? as long as its expensive, i gotcha wink
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Nobody: 2:46am On Apr 11, 2013
pleep: Wine then? as long as its expensive, i gotcha wink
must u always be on my case jus because u feel inadequate
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by pleep(m): 2:51am On Apr 11, 2013
uh oh... i hope we are not trying to insult each other?

undecided
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by kambo(m): 3:08am On Apr 11, 2013
hey pleep are you fronting for the poster? why is it bothering you
you like eating this degenerate crap he's feeding ...

"where is your car parked!" - i laff.
is this guy in touch with realities (in naija at all)
how many babes in the pool of available ones dangle car keys?!

in the west where its taken for granted that almost everybody drives a car ,
for as low as $4 000 one can buy a car.
nigerian students first priorities in the U.S is to buy a car ,cuz its the mode of transportation.
You're advicing your misguided prospects who'll shell money for you plagiarised
materials to go about asking say every one of the pool of fine babes they'll be
meeting "where is your car parked?! "
Babes that for the most case twisted the arm of a man somewhere to buy their
black berry , fake hair, and shoe ?
I'd like to see the look they'll give you?! cheesy cheesy cheesy

further proof of pliagarism.

the quality of the suggestion prose - in the original write up by the poster -
is at variance with the quality of writing the posters replies with.
The poster pliagarised his content..
see this:

bukason1:

You know how you used to hated it when every guy that approached you try to impress you with expensive dinner, fancy car and bosting about how much they are worth.

here's anoda one - poster original writing..

bukason1:

You know I love it whenever my writing generate such heat. It makes me be 100% sure that I got gold.

And for comment that you "pity the women in my life" - actually sweetie the opposite should be the case.

I mean got like testomies to comfirm this.

bukason1:

I mean I have answered and responded to all the: "woman broke your heart so you are taking it out on other women" comments.
I going refer you back to a respond I made to "Sapphire86".

Pay attention sweetie, it goes a long way.

Or do you just like "TalkingToYaSelf". Lol.

Any body with a discerning eye -- knows that
the quality of writing in the responses of the poster
differs markedly from the quality of the prose in
the original content - especially the one
describing how to play the power games - aka dont pay for dinner..
man - the guy is spooning off pliagarised content and passing
it off as if he's the originator..

now compare with this..
see the difference.
(this must have been where he opened a book and started typing vertabim!!
or highlighted a whole block from a pdf or ms word doc!!
)
bukason1:

---------------------------------------------
This is exactly where you want her to be.
---------------------------------------------

When you meet for drink, actually drink beer.

After you have tea for 30 or 60 minutes, decide how YOU like HER. If you want to continue say either:
"Hey, let's keep talking. I want to shop for a bit, come along."

...or...

"Hey, let's keep talking. Where are you parked? You can follow me..." (to your place, of course).

In either case, just assume that she will go along with whatever you're doing, and she almost always will if you're doing a good job well.

If you do go out "shopping", go to a funky alternative neighborhood that has movie shops, record stores, ethnic food restaurants, etc. Every city has an area like this, so go there.

These places are SO GREAT because they have fun and interesting conversation BUILT RIGHT IN.

If things are going well, and you're enjoying the time with her, you can then have her follow you over to your place.

Again, just tell her that you're enjoying the conversation, and that you'd like to continue...and for her to follow you.

Total expense (if you pay for her drink and yours):

A few bucks.

How much better is this than taking her out to an expensive meal and trying to have a normal conversation across a table while being forced to stare right at each other all night?

You do the math.

If you actually do a little creative thinking, you can figure out ALL KINDS of great things to do that cost little or no money at all when you go out with women.

so much for nigerian original content... * yawn!! ***
bye !! i'm outa here..
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by LoveAmaka88(f): 3:48am On Apr 11, 2013
I don't mind going half on dinner(I have a job), but know that you will perpetually be in the "friend zone." As you bemoan this fate and wonder why I don't take you seriously, remember who picked up the check.

A man paying is not only generous and good manners, but it comes from the fact that historically and still today, women remain at an economic disadvantage to men. Once we start getting paid and promoted at equal rates as men, then I'll stop looking to men to pay the bill. Then there's the fact that our careers often get interrupted, postponed, or cut short by children in a way that men don't have to worry about.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by pleep(m): 3:52am On Apr 11, 2013
LoveAmaka88:
I don't mind going half on dinner(I have a job), but know that you will perpetually be in the "friend zone." As you bemoan this fate and wonder why I don't take you seriously, remember who picked up the check.

A man paying is not only generous and good manners, but it comes from the fact that historically and still today, women remain at an economic disadvantage to men. Once we start getting paid and promoted at equal rates as men, then I'll stop looking to men to pay the bill. Then there's the fact that our careers often get interrupted, postponed, or cut short by children in a way that men don't have to worry about.
ooooommyyy gawd.

Feminists are here..
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by Nobody: 3:56am On Apr 11, 2013
pleep: ooooommyyy gawd.

Feminists are here..

Weird right? There is always a feminist who pops out of nowhere cheesy grin grin
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
kambo: guy on a serious note , you lack content. really. u've not addressed any issue i raised just making barren exclamations.
as for the person talking of hating.. ? who's hating?
you're on an international website , marketing yourself and your product and
my first post highlighted some inconsistencies in your product offering - you ignored it.
your website name is woonaija (if i'm not wrong) , from the name alone its apparent you are targeting the nigerian market else you'd have used a more universal name.
the testimonial on the site is by a nigerian.
yet the marketing is contradictory, it raises brows.
indomie is marketed to the nigerian market, they made a promotional cartoon to advertise their brand - guess what - the super heroes in the cartoons were 'nigerianized' black skin etc why? - ask yourself.
yet your own marketing has caucasian models ? c'mon. use some sense here?
u dont need an mba to see you're sending wrong signals.
look at the dating tabs on this nairaland, dont you see a black guy kissing a black babe
and a black babe hugging a brown skin guy? why dont they use caucasians to model the product for the market (naija)?

>> you are supposedly a master coach - using an out of place line l ike -
inviting a lady for a "beer" not a drink but a beer.
the guy's who will be taking your advice will be wanting top chicks like 7-10 out 10 range , sophisticated babes something better than the typical types they attract
and first pitch is "let's go for a beer?"

>> you talk about exotic neighbourhoods , unique architecture, going for walks .
which raised eye brows.

i'm not a dating coach or interestd in being one or rivaling you,
but you came across un prepared and the loop holes in your presentation is so blatant.

They're dating coaches on youtube, with their own consultancies they run seminars,
you come across and not knowing what your saying with these cheap pitches of yours
and you'll drive nails into your coffin before wary prospects.
if at a glance i can see so much holes in your pitch what would happen to those who
are mor critical?
nokia 3310? - out of point remarks-..

Oh-oh!

You know, I might be wrong but - I have feeling that you simply "dont like me".

Like I said, "I might wrong".

What lead me to that observation?

Usually Others who dissagreed with my posts will start words like: Yawn!, Crap, I'm out of here, and other sweet words like that.

But you...

Nada... Nothing...

Instead you want to tell me how to run my website, the type of picture to upload - how to design it and everything.

Again, I might be wrong but it's as if you feel I owe you an obligatin to "defend myself to you".

I mean which other reason could it be?

It's not like I slept with one of your girlfriends... while you are still going out with her. did I? Lol.

Just kidding.

I'm sure our path never probably crossed, yet.

It's not like I don't appreciate a little contructive criticism.

Because believe me, I do.

But yours it's a little bit out there.

I mean, you wrote and I quote: "you're on an international website , marketing yourself and your product and
the testimonial on the site is by a nigerian."

Listen bro, this post (as any of my posts) is from my personal research and it's not meant as a lincenced proffessional opinion - I think everyone here knows - so if you dissagree with my post here simply hit me back with your "can't do's" and we will work it out here.

But if you visit my website - http://www.woonaijawomen.com - and have any contructive advice for me, click "contact us" page and leave me your message. I'd appreciate it more. Believe me I pay people just to do that.

Are we cool?

Peace.
Re: Why Taking Women To Dinner And Paying Is A Bad Thing by bukason1(m): 3:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
mondi_cheeks: must u always be on my case jus because u feel inadequate

Ouch!

Why hit on a brother with a word like that.

Take it easy girl.

The dude probably likes you. You never know where or when you will finally meet "THE ONE".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guy Kills His Sugar Mummy, Escapes With Her Stuffs In Lagos / My Girl Wooed Me, Publicized The Affair & Labelled Me 'maga' Afterwards / Do You Really Think It Matters Who Is The Dumper And Dumpee?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.