Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,552 members, 7,948,139 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 02:46 PM

How Portharcourt Traffic Jam Made Me Lose Agbami Scholarship 2013!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Portharcourt Traffic Jam Made Me Lose Agbami Scholarship 2013!!! (842 Views)

Latest Update On AGBAMI Scholarship 2015 Application / Agbami 2014 Has Started Awarding / Agbami Scholarship Result List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Portharcourt Traffic Jam Made Me Lose Agbami Scholarship 2013!!! by Excelgalaxy(m): 5:49pm On Apr 06, 2013
TAKE A LITTLE TIME TO READ THIS
By 6:30am, the eleme juction was already busy then I knew that inside of Portharcourt city would not be anything better. As our driver tried to go through the round-about at the order of the Green Go traffic light, a bus driven by a drunk driver emerged from 'space' and bashed our bus. Then Argument and quarrel began. Then it was already 6:55am on my wrist watch. Since my exam was scheduled for 9am and I have two hours to get to University of Portharcourt, my dear, you know it is a huge amount of time left
While the argument went on, people gathered to settle the discord; "time" without recognizing what was happening kept moving bringing to reality the ever true statement that "time waits for no man". After about 30 minutes of rough argument and fight for who was at fault and who will repair the other's car. I started getting uncomfortable with the whole situation as more and more cars were emerging from every nook and cranny of the city; Horns of big lorries and and small cars filled the air. Though it was almost 7:30am but the distance is not far. Before I knew it the whole road was clugged by different brand of cars then came the Portharcout traffic jam i have always heard of. I began praying and binding every spirit of delay but as I kept praying, more cars joined the line. I started yelling at the driver who had just survived a fight with the drunken driver who was ready to beat the hell out of him.
I have been to Portharcourt but not inside Portcourt city. While all these were happening the seconds kept ticking and at 8:15am I knew that my reaching the exam venue on time was at stake because I asked people around how I could get to Uniport and the response I got was I will still have to take two more 'drops' of the taxi. Before the end of the first prescribed drop, it was already 9:00am because of the traffic jam that can be compared to coagulation of proteins.
I paid immediately and hurried to catch the next taxi to take me to Uniport direct. Portharcourt traffic jam succeeded in keeping us on the road till 9:45am. It was 45 minutes gone into the exam and i have not reached the venue, I told the bus driver to take me back to pack when he reaches the gate of the school to drop other passengers. Almost all the passengers encouraged me to at least get to the venue so i did. At Uniport the 3rd missionary journey began, a search for the exam venue. I finally arrived and saw all the candidates outside. I asked if they had finished the exam, they looked at me surprising and replied in chorus question, "are you just coming?" then a gentle voice from behind said you are not late, the exam is by 10:30am.
I was happy but confused then I brought out my printed invitation, low and behold, the time was 10:30am and it fell on me that my friend had told me yesterday that the time for their own exam at the second venue (Enugu) was 9:00am
I wrote my exam successfully believing that I am already a beneficiary of this scholarship award.

as written by James Simon

source: Nigerian University Scholarships

1 Like

Re: How Portharcourt Traffic Jam Made Me Lose Agbami Scholarship 2013!!! by chukwuinya: 5:58pm On Apr 06, 2013
hahaha gud lock

2 Likes

Re: How Portharcourt Traffic Jam Made Me Lose Agbami Scholarship 2013!!! by Excelgalaxy(m): 6:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
@ chwukuinya, it sounds funny but the experience wasn't
Re: How Portharcourt Traffic Jam Made Me Lose Agbami Scholarship 2013!!! by Umejunior(f): 9:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
hmmmmm lucky u grin
Re: How Portharcourt Traffic Jam Made Me Lose Agbami Scholarship 2013!!! by stagger: 10:01pm On Apr 06, 2013
Guy, you are lucky that this was not the old Eleme Junction where I had once slept in holdup till 5am the following day. You are also lucky that a truck did not spoil at that bad Rumuodara area. You for just jonce!
Re: How Portharcourt Traffic Jam Made Me Lose Agbami Scholarship 2013!!! by babsomotde(m): 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2013
"Naija Hold ups" are terrific. There are some traffic jam that will last up to 4 or 6 good hours. It is affecting everyone in the country especially those at the populous areas of the country. May God help us with good roads.
Re: How Portharcourt Traffic Jam Made Me Lose Agbami Scholarship 2013!!! by Excelgalaxy(m): 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2013
pls is the agbami result out out?

(1) (Reply)

SSS Are After Me For Declaring Support For Ongoing Strike – NANS President / Poly Ibadan Post Utme And Eksu, Futa Pre-degree / Nigerian Students (nans) Give ASUU And Fg 7days Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.